(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,251 posts
  • 706 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Gutterghoul
  • Topic is favorited by 327 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174044 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174050 (resized).jpg
IMG_6018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6024 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6023 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5977 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5974 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 146.
#2851 6 years ago

Thanks for the replies Lermods Chalkey allsportdvd brainmegaphone Vader77 Will post a pic after I install it. Need to find some brackets and decide whether I want to light it as Lermods suggested. Probably will just go unlit at first to get it up there, then try to figure out lighting options.

#2852 6 years ago

I joined the club a few weeks ago and my TSPP came with the Laseriffic topper shown below (not my pic). Just realized that it apparently changes colors, but I haven't seen it lit up in person yet as I just received a power cord for it and my game is currently disassembled for upgrading.

TSPP Laseriffic topper (resized).jpgTSPP Laseriffic topper (resized).jpg

#2853 6 years ago

I think I dropped the mic. This game has just under 30,000 plays.

KIMG0493 (resized).JPGKIMG0493 (resized).JPG

KIMG0492 (resized).JPGKIMG0492 (resized).JPG

KIMG0503 (resized).JPGKIMG0503 (resized).JPG

KIMG0501 (resized).JPGKIMG0501 (resized).JPG

KIMG0499 (resized).JPGKIMG0499 (resized).JPG

KIMG0504 (resized).JPGKIMG0504 (resized).JPG

KIMG0495 (resized).JPGKIMG0495 (resized).JPG

#2854 6 years ago

I do get blinking horizontal lines in the DMD. Sometimes it blacks out for a second. I've replaced the ribbon cable and cleaned the male fittings. Before I start replacing the male fittings to the DMD, does anyone have any other suggestions.

#2855 6 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I think I dropped the mic. This game has just under 30,000 plays.

Nice work. Don't think the pink armor is for me but good work it is

Where did you get the big decals on the cooling towers?

#2856 6 years ago

Here you go. You can order them in whatever color you like. She's also makes tons of other cool stickers. Fast shipping too.

Look at this on eBay ebay.com link: itm

#2857 6 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Here you go. You can order them in whatever color you like. She's also makes tons of other cool stickers. Fast shipping too.
Look at this on eBay ebay.com link</blockquote

Thanks. Size is 2" ? You do 2 per cooling tower, e.g. 4 needed in total?

#2858 6 years ago

Yes, 2" and 2 per tower, totaling 4. They're excellent quality too. I purchased hot pink.

#2859 6 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I do get blinking horizontal lines in the DMD. Sometimes it blacks out for a second. I've replaced the ribbon cable and cleaned the male fittings. Before I start replacing the male fittings to the DMD, does anyone have any other suggestions.

Yes - switch it out for a ColorDMD lcd unit.

(Sorry, couldn't resist. Maybe you prefer the original orange DMD look. Or maybe the ColorDMD isn't in the budget for you at the moment. I don't know how to troubleshoot your DMD beyond what you've done so far. I can though recommend the ColorDMD based on first-hand experience, if the cost of it isn't the issue.)

#2860 6 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Perhaps reflow the solder joints on the male pins on both ends (dmd and the board). Still requires a soldering iron, but much easier than replacing pins.

#2861 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballBJB:

(Sorry, couldn't resist. Maybe you prefer the original orange DMD look. Or maybe the ColorDMD isn't in the budget for you at the moment. I don't know how to troubleshoot your DMD beyond what you've done so far. I can though recommend the ColorDMD based on first-hand experience, if the cost of it isn't the issue.)</blockquote

I agree, color DMD. However I think what's causing my current dmd to blink and go blank is heat related. So I opted for a light purple plastic that goes over the screen.

#2862 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Perhaps reflow the solder joints on the male pins on both ends (dmd and the board). Still requires a soldering iron, but much easier than replacing pins.

Ok, I'll try that and I'm going to look at the power board. I was hoping for an easy fix.

#2863 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballBJB:

(Sorry, couldn't resist. Maybe you prefer the original orange DMD look. Or maybe the ColorDMD isn't in the budget for you at the moment. I don't know how to troubleshoot your DMD beyond what you've done so far. I can though recommend the ColorDMD based on first-hand experience, if the cost of it isn't the issue.)

I have a lcd color dmd in my Indy and its amazing. Just ordered one for my soon to be here Road show

#2864 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I have a lcd color dmd in my Indy and its amazing. Just ordered one for my soon to be here Road show

Interesting, I thought they all generated a lot of heat. Where did you buy it from? Can I see a pic?

#2865 6 years ago

I'll never use anything else

20170828_175554 (resized).jpg20170828_175554 (resized).jpg

20170828_175817 (resized).jpg20170828_175817 (resized).jpg

#2866 6 years ago

So do these put out less heat? Where do you recommend buying them?

#2867 6 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Interesting, I thought they all generated a lot of heat. Where did you buy it from? Can I see a pic?

Mines came with it I just update the firmware to hi-res dots. I bought it from here- http://www.colordmd.com/

#2868 6 years ago

plastic gold right there!

IMG_0148 (resized).jpgIMG_0148 (resized).jpg

#2869 6 years ago

You sellin?

#2870 6 years ago

Nah, just an old picture I came across of a Stern factory tour from 2003.

#2871 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Nah, just an old picture I came across of a Stern factory tour from 2003.

Oh, that's just mean!

#2872 6 years ago

Just thought I'd update with the quality of sparkys idea for toy mounting. Whadya think?

DSC_0157 (resized).JPGDSC_0157 (resized).JPG

DSC_0156 (resized).JPGDSC_0156 (resized).JPG

DSC_0155 (resized).JPGDSC_0155 (resized).JPG

#2873 6 years ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

Just thought I'd update with the quality of sparkys idea for toy mounting. Whadya think?

The tree thing reminds me of a Brussels sprout to be honest but I LOVE your colors in the Cooling Towers.

#2874 6 years ago

Hey all ...Just bought one...though it turns out the mini LED tv screen doesn't function at all....well because there is no wiring harness connected to it. I can't find it either. Can anyone tell me where the harness is connected so I can hunt it down..and if it is just gone, can i replace it?

Thanks

#2875 6 years ago

New magnetic cup holder for TSPP...

https://lermods.com/products/pinball-machine-magnetic-cupholders

20170903_200654 (resized).jpg20170903_200654 (resized).jpg

20170903_200624 (resized).jpg20170903_200624 (resized).jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2876 6 years ago

I've had my TSPP about 2 weeks and finally beat the default GC score last night. 52,586,750. Need to read that bowen guide and figure out how to get into some of these modes!

If I have GC and the 4th high score can I clear out just scores 1, 2, and 3 and have my 3rd place score as 2nd? Just set them to less than my 3rd score or will that not work?

#2877 6 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I've had my TSPP about 2 weeks and finally beat the default GC score last night. 52,586,750. Need to read that bowen guide and figure out how to get into some of these modes!
If I have GC and the 4th high score can I clear out just scores 1, 2, and 3 and have my 3rd place score as 2nd? Just set them to less than my 3rd score or will that not work?

Nice score!!! I have had mine since April and still can't pass 26 mill. I'd say you're doing very well!! Lol

#2878 6 years ago

My machine just did a factory restore after I soldered the wires together for the TV switch and now my top 2 right flippers (upper playfield & next to Itchy & Scratchy) do not work! Any ideas why?

#2879 6 years ago

Thanks to the tip of another Pinsider a mod has been added to my TSPP

I choose purple color 2"

IMG_3475 (resized).JPGIMG_3475 (resized).JPG

#2880 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Thanks to the tip of another Pinsider a mod has been added to my TSPP
I choose purple color 2"

Looks nice!

#2881 6 years ago

Installed a pin2dmd today. Man, a real improvement over the orange colour. Looks really great.

Have a stream setup and will make a video to show it off.

For those interested in doing it to, you will need a longer ribbon cable between the dmd and pcb. The original one is (to) short.

IMG_3501 (resized).JPGIMG_3501 (resized).JPG

IMG_3507 (resized).JPGIMG_3507 (resized).JPG

IMG_3506 (resized).JPGIMG_3506 (resized).JPG

IMG_3508 (resized).JPGIMG_3508 (resized).JPG

#2882 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

For those interested in doing it to, you will need a longer ribbon cable between the dmd and pcb. The original one is (to) short.

Mine was not too short, so your milage may vary.

#2883 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Mine was not too short, so your milage may vary.

Interesting. Wanna share a picture of your setup?

#2884 6 years ago

Sure. It is a bit of a mess now, but I am still working on things. Here you go:

20170910_161255 (resized).jpg20170910_161255 (resized).jpg

#2885 6 years ago

Yep. A mess it is

The ribbon cable I had installed between dmd display and display board was much much shorter as the one I see here

Anyway, reccomend checking length of the ribbon cable in your tspp to make sure you have length enough.

#2886 6 years ago

So, as promised a gameplayvideo of the Pin2dmd in action. Looks in real life much more vivid as in video. Camera's and leds don't mix very well.

#2887 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So, as promised a gameplayvideo of the Pin2dmd in action. Looks in real life much more vivid as in video. Camera's and leds don't mix very well.
» YouTube video

Where did you get the stickers you are using on your targets. I like them a lot.

#2889 6 years ago

I've got some pretty bad ghosting in a few of the lower playfield insert LEDs. Is there a go-to fix or do I need to invest in some non-ghosting LEDs for the inserts that are having the issue?

#2890 6 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I've got some pretty bad ghosting in a few of the lower playfield insert LEDs. Is there a go-to fix or do I need to invest in some non-ghosting LEDs for the inserts that are having the issue?

I bought all new non ghosting LEDs from Comet for the inserts and it solved the problem without having to buy the LED OCD box. The faceted non ghostings look amazing in the inserts.

#2891 6 years ago

I am new to this club. My game also has very bad ghosting issue. To solve this issue I just ordered a few non ghosting LEDs for all the inserts plus sunlight LEDs for all the G.I. I also using these types of LEDs in my CFTBL. Based on my previous experience these Comet LEDs will make my game look amazing. Now I am waiting patiently for my order to arrive.

#2892 6 years ago

I have been using CT non-ghosting premium LEDS in my TSPP with no ghosting issues at all. LED-OCD board would likely help with the effects, but I don't suffer from ghosting issues and I don't notice any strobing either. I did have these issues in LOTR and bought the OCD board.

#2893 6 years ago

my garage door solenoid is immediately firing and staying locked on boot up. I just installed the new recommended solenoid and after that it was blowing fuses. Well I realized the new solenoid is reversed on the ground. So I switch it correctly and it started locking on . I switched it back to the old solenoid and it still locks on.

Does anyone know what is going on?

#2894 6 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

my garage door solenoid is immediately firing and staying locked on boot up. I just installed the new recommended solenoid and after that it was blowing fuses. Well I realized the new solenoid is reversed on the ground. So I switch it correctly and it started locking on . I switched it back to the old solenoid and it still locks on.
Does anyone know what is going on?

You mean you wired the coil backwards by accident? You likely have a blown transistor on the driver board. You'll want to test and replace that and you'll want to replace the diode on the coil as well if it has one.

#2895 6 years ago

yes I wired the solenoid backwards by accident. I was afraid that it was a blown transistor. a blown transistor would make the coil just lock on?

The diode on the coil won't matter because I changed it back to the old one......which I wired correctly

#2896 6 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

yes I wired the solenoid backwards by accident. I was afraid that it was a blown transistor. a blown transistor would make the coil just lock on?
The diode on the coil won't matter because I changed it back to the old one......which I wired correctly

Yes. It's blown for sure.

#2897 6 years ago

Thanks for your help...I'll change it

#2898 6 years ago

I am looking and that would be Q20 the drive transistor yes?

#2899 6 years ago

ok just so I am clear on this....the brown wires are the ground wire and the thin purple striped wire is the power? which side goes to the banded side of the solenoid diode?

#2900 6 years ago

Yep, Q20 it is. And the violet-yellow should go to the non-banded part of the diode.

IMG_3556 (resized).JPGIMG_3556 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
There are 7,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/58 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.