(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 146.
#2801 6 years ago

After a year im looking to leave the club. I've put more time into my indy in 2 months than i did on tspp in a year. Hopefully someone will enjoy it more than i am.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/53228

#2802 6 years ago

I'm having 2 small issues with mine. The gap between the nuclear smoke stack and the Mr Burns plastic right above the left flipper lane isn't wide enough for a ball to fit through. I have cliffy post sleeves on the 2 posts.
Second, the coil under the TV is in the down position and therefore the ball is only released from under the TV during a ball search

#2803 6 years ago

The replacement sleeves are too fat. I bought a replacement rubber kit and some of the black sleeves were too big. Just a little bit, but enough to cause the same problem. You will need to replace them. as for the TV, it sounds like the rollover switch does not register the ball. They go bad. Easy fix.

#2804 6 years ago
Quoted from Archon9000:

Thanks again for the link!
Got mine in the mail today. They add a nice touch to the game.
I was a bit disappointed with the print quality. Looks like it was done on a home deskjet. But overall happy.

That's a coincidence, I received mine yesterday. Agree that print quality is at best average and I wonder how long they will last. Anyway, worst case I remove them, they are not costly which makes it just acceptable.

IMG_3306 (resized).JPGIMG_3306 (resized).JPG

IMG_3307 (resized).JPGIMG_3307 (resized).JPG

IMG_3308 (resized).JPGIMG_3308 (resized).JPG

IMG_3309 (resized).JPGIMG_3309 (resized).JPG

#2805 6 years ago

Can't you put some mylar over the stickers?

#2806 6 years ago

I also ordered the repro slingshot and outlane plastics. Print quality is OK but the color blue is darker. Can it be that the original plastics have become lighter through the years?

First Picture left is repro right is original. In real life the color difference is more noticeable

Second picture both slingshot and outlane plastics are repro

IMG_3304 (resized).JPGIMG_3304 (resized).JPG
IMG_3305 (resized).JPGIMG_3305 (resized).JPG

#2807 6 years ago

Than I also ordered the stronger coil with them for the garage as per stern service bulletin.

First try it fried the transistor. So double checked all wiring. Tried old coil first which worked fine. Again replacement coil, made sure the wiring was correct (in relation to diode) and again the transistor fried, it smoked even. Resistance appeared to be around 4-5 Ohm so nothing there. However, as my garage works 99% fine with the old coil and decided not to fry a third transistor. So old coil back, wiring same and works fine.

What can be wrong here?

#2808 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I'm having 2 small issues with mine. The gap between the nuclear smoke stack and the Mr Burns plastic right above the left flipper lane isn't wide enough for a ball to fit through. I have cliffy post sleeves on the 2 posts.

Easy to fix. Use a sharp knife to sculpt a slight hourglass shape or flat on one side of one of the post sleeves. When you reinstall it just make sure the flattened side faces in and voila, the ball passes thru! We're I to do it again I'd sculpt the left sleeve instead of the right because that opening is already biased to the right side of the inlane and the ball doesn't drop STDM of the inlanes but rather hits the rubber on the inside and bounces around a little at the top of the inlane, which is actually okay cause it slows the ball down a little before it hits the flipper.

20170819_113926 (resized).jpg20170819_113926 (resized).jpg

#2809 6 years ago

officially out of the club. Been an amazing year but thanks for all the memories

#2810 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Than I also ordered the stronger coil with them for the garage as per stern service bulletin.
First try it fried the transistor. So double checked all wiring. Tried old coil first which worked fine. Again replacement coil, made sure the wiring was correct (in relation to diode) and again the transistor fried, it smoked even. Resistance appeared to be around 4-5 Ohm so nothing there. However, as my garage works 99% fine with the old coil and decided not to fry a third transistor. So old coil back, wiring same and works fine.
What can be wrong here?

I just replaced my garage coil with the stronger version and it works great. I forgot if I needed to add the diode or not. I'm not sure if it came with one, however the picture shows one. I bought this one from Pinballlife.com
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1993

#2811 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

officially out of the club. Been an amazing year but thanks for all the memories

That sold fast as expected lol. Those guys were all over it

#2812 6 years ago

It was me who snagged it! Looking forward to reading all these pages and catching up. I used to play the hell out of this in my college days, looking forward to the reunion. Big ups to mrawesome44 for being a good dude and recruiting the whole family to help load.

Edit: what are the factory post placements for the game? I'm a shit player but I'm getting some stupid long ball times.

#2813 6 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

It was me who snagged it! Looking forward to reading all these pages and catching up. I used to play the hell out of this in my college days, looking forward to the reunion. Big ups to mrawesome44 for being a good dude and recruiting the whole family to help load.
Edit: what are the factory post placements for the game? I'm a shit player but I'm getting some stupid long ball times.

First order of business:
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/226/the/1561/The_Simpsons_Manual.pdf

Factory positions are shown on page 68

#2814 6 years ago

Ok so looking over my machine it looks like my signs were 3d printed. I have never seen these on any other TSPP. Anyone else here have these??

20170819_195551 (resized).jpg20170819_195551 (resized).jpg

20170819_195558 (resized).jpg20170819_195558 (resized).jpg

20170819_195607 (resized).jpg20170819_195607 (resized).jpg

#2815 6 years ago

Got a ball stuck in a weird place for the second time

20170819_200239 (resized).jpg20170819_200239 (resized).jpg

#2816 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Got a ball stuck in a weird place for the second time

That's the price we pay when we mod them. Tell Moe to move outta the way...

#2817 6 years ago

Like the Stonecutters...I want in this club sooooooo bad!

#2818 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Ok so looking over my machine it looks like my signs were 3d printed. I have never seen these on any other TSPP. Anyone else here have these??

They were made by a forum member and have been out of production for a while, interested in selling them?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/simpsons-pinball-party-mod

#2819 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Blinky and Mr. Burns figures

Hey sparks, quick question, how are you attaching these toys? I glued Blinky to the nut but it doesn't survive a single game. Ruint the third ball of a high score round. Doh!

#2820 6 years ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

Hey sparks, quick question, how are you attaching these toys? I glued Blinky to the nut but it doesn't survive a single game. Ruint the third ball of a high score round. Doh!

I have a bracket I screw the figures to, and I can cut and bend it. Check out my reply to you on the previous page. I took a couple pics of the bracket before cutting and bending. It's the same bracket used on the treehouse.

#2821 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I have cliffy post sleeves on the 2 posts.

It's a known issue about the gap with two cliffy posts. If you use a standard black post on one and a colored ciffy post on the other, the ball will pass through with no problem. I prefer this to cutting into the posts as they can spin after a some hits, then you have the same problem unless you shave them down all around.

#2822 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I have a bracket I screw the figures to, and I can cut and bend it. Check out my reply to you on the previous page. I took a couple pics of the bracket befkre cutting and bending. It's the same bracket used on the treehouse.

Do you sell the brackets? I could use those

#2823 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Do you sell the brackets? I could use those

I never have, but I could. They're $4.50 each, plus shipping.

If I get a chance later, I'll try to get some pics of how I've used these brackets to mount different things in different games.

#2824 6 years ago

Just joined the club, and I'm loving this game.

One of the issues I had was the garage door was not opening far enough for the ball to cleanly make its way through. I tried swapping out the coil for the new recommended one, but that didn't fix the problem. After taking a closer look, I noticed that there were dimples in the playfield just above where the screw holes were for the coil. I decided to drill some new holes where the dimples were, and mounted the coil there. BAM! The garage works perfect now.

Just figured I'd throw that out there for other people who may be having the same issue.

20170820_120046 (resized).jpg20170820_120046 (resized).jpg

#2825 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I never have, but I could. They're $4.50 each, plus shipping.
If I get a chance later, I'll try to get some pics of how I've used these brackets to mount different things in different games.

Here's some pics of how I've used the bracket on different mods for KISS, MET, and TSPP. I will usually add some hot glue in addition to a screw attached to the figure. In almost all of the cases, the bracket is hidden from player's view and gives a "floating" effect to some of them.

20170820_121011 (resized).jpg20170820_121011 (resized).jpg

20170820_120936 (resized).jpg20170820_120936 (resized).jpg

20170820_120853 (resized).jpg20170820_120853 (resized).jpg

20170820_120815 (resized).jpg20170820_120815 (resized).jpg

20170820_120740 (resized).jpg20170820_120740 (resized).jpg

20170820_120703 (resized).jpg20170820_120703 (resized).jpg

20170820_120617 (resized).jpg20170820_120617 (resized).jpg

20170820_120536 (resized).jpg20170820_120536 (resized).jpg

20170820_120504 (resized).jpg20170820_120504 (resized).jpg

20170820_120421 (resized).jpg20170820_120421 (resized).jpg

#2826 6 years ago

Those look great!

#2827 6 years ago
Quoted from pumpkinlad:

They were made by a forum member and have been out of production for a while, interested in selling them?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/simpsons-pinball-party-mod

Oh nooooo. I like them very much. I'd like to have the UFO's too.

#2828 6 years ago

I see! Ya know I considered that, but wasn't sure how it would look. The way you've presented it is perfect. Natural. Expected. Thanks!

#2829 6 years ago

All back together and clean!

IMG_0044 (resized).JPGIMG_0044 (resized).JPG

#2830 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

ColorDMD is not "the man".and attempts to "stick it to the man" through willfull infringement by Pin2DMD and others now seeking to do the same have been unwarranted.

Of course I agree with this statement and very much appreciate your articulated response. I was completely unaware of any of these intricacies when I bought a PIN2DMD panel for my TSPP.

Quoted from ronaldvg:

Think about this: would ColorDMD ever come with the LED version if PIN2DMD did not show them that is was possible ? Who is copying who ? I know I had the LED version long before ColorDMD offered them.

I went with the PIN2DMD for the specific reason that I didn't like the ColorDMD LCD panel which was the only option at that time. Coloring the frames myself turned out to be a very tedious process but not completely awful, as this IS my hobby and the whole point was to chew up some of my free time. I'm proud of the results and also love that I can tweak it some more down the road should my tastes change, but I also get the other side of the argument and the ethics are crystal clear even if the patent situation is dodged.

I don't know how DMDMK66 fits into this discussion as I was under the impression Luis had walked away from all the PIN2DMD stuff in order to claim that product entirely as his own but the statement quoted doesn't do him any favors from an ethical standpoint.

#2831 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Just joined the club, and I'm loving this game.
One of the issues I had was the garage door was not opening far enough for the ball to cleanly make its way through. I tried swapping out the coil for the new recommended one, but that didn't fix the problem. After taking a closer look, I noticed that there were dimples in the playfield just above where the screw holes were for the coil. I decided to drill some new holes where the dimples were, and mounted the coil there. BAM! The garage works perfect now.
Just figured I'd throw that out there for other people who may be having the same issue.

Ah, the good 'ole days when Stern's quality control issues were minor and UNDER the playfield! Welcome to the club, and props for finding a solution to a problem that's plagued so many owners. Without lifting up the lid on mine and looking myself, does that move the coil closer closer to the front of the playfield?

#2832 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Ah, the good 'ole days when Stern's quality control issues were minor and UNDER the playfield! Welcome to the club, and props for finding a solution to a problem that's plagued so many owners. Without lifting up the lid on mine and looking myself, does that move the coil closer closer to the front of the playfield?

Yes it does. By pushing it forward, the armature now pushes the garage door up far enough to allow the ball to clear without obstruction. The pin I picked up was supposedly HUO. This makes me think the door never worked properly from day 1, and the previous owner(s) just ignored with the problem. My scores improved drastically once the garage was fixed.

#2833 6 years ago

I also was able to resolve my garage door issues with adjustments rather than a stronger coil. Every once in a while though, I think it could work a bit better.

Right now my task is replacing the VUK switch.

#2834 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I got 3/4 of those when I picked up mine.

#2835 6 years ago

Just got my powder coat finished!
Haven't put it together yet.

KIMG0490 (resized).JPGKIMG0490 (resized).JPG

KIMG0488 (resized).JPGKIMG0488 (resized).JPG

#2836 6 years ago

Couple more pics

3649 (resized).jpeg3649 (resized).jpeg

3651 (resized).jpeg3651 (resized).jpeg

3650 (resized).jpeg3650 (resized).jpeg

#2837 6 years ago

Wow, that looks amazing with the blue bolts. Please post pics once you get it put back together.

#2838 6 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Just got my powder coat finished!
Haven't put it together yet.

Is that powder coat or spray paint?

#2839 6 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Couple more pics

What color is that pink? It's great, just not sure I can have pink armor on a pinball machine.

#2840 6 years ago

Wow.

#2841 6 years ago

If anyone knows of a place to buy a spare TV led panel let me know. Or, if you have one you're looking to sell let me know. Mine works great but since this is a keeper would be nice to have a spare.

#2842 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Is that powder coat or spray paint?

It's Powder Coat, it took about a week and a half. 225.00 + 25.00 to change color.
It's Pearl Pink and I think Sky Blue.
And the women love the pink!

#2843 6 years ago

Got a little work done.

KIMG0491 (resized).JPGKIMG0491 (resized).JPG

#2844 6 years ago

Hmmm. Interesting color choice. Dont think it's for me but curious to see pictures with everything assembled. Also in a line-up where all the rest is black I wonder how it looks.

#2845 6 years ago

So, I got myself the repro of the Bart topper from the old Data East The Simpsons . Intention is to put it up as a topper on my The Simpsons Pinball Party . What's the Club consensus? Great idea? Or an unholy and sacriligious genetic splicing? In my defense, I did own the Data East Simpsons machine for several years back in the 90s.

Bart Topper (resized).JPGBart Topper (resized).JPG

#2846 6 years ago

Looks great to me. Light it up and put it on.

Quoted from PinballBJB:

So, I got myself the repro of the Bart topper from the old Data East The Simpsons . Intention is to put it up as a topper on my The Simpsons Pinball Party . What's the Club consensus? Great idea? Or an unholy and sacriligious genetic splicing? In my defense, I did own the Data East Simpsons machine for several years back in the 90s.

#2847 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Looks great to me. Light it up and put it on.

No! Sell it to me at a great loss so I can do it.

#2848 6 years ago

I have the same topper on my TSPP so why not?

#2849 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballBJB:

I considered the same thing since TSPP had no official topper (or did it I honestly don't know?) I don't see an issue with using it even though I'm typically a purist when it comes to mixing themes (i.e. people who put ANY Nintendo toys on Mario Pinball even when they clearly do not match the same 90s era artwork). This is "old Simpsons" art style but I think it still works.

In my opinion this topper is way better than some of the really crazy things people are doing with TSPP.

Disco Stu... loves disco music.

#2850 6 years ago

I'd like one! Still trying to figure out a cool topper. Haven't seen any custom toppers "sigh."
Thinking about getting one of these...

s-l300 (resized).jpgs-l300 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 16.00
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/57?hl=vader77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.