(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,251 posts
  • 706 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Gutterghoul
  • Topic is favorited by 327 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174044 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174050 (resized).jpg
IMG_6018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6024 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6023 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5977 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5974 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 146.
#2701 6 years ago

Does anyone have mirror blades on their TSPP? Looking at the inside of the cabinet there appears to be some irregular blocks on the sides that may impede the standard cut mirror blades. Looking for any help before ordering...

#2702 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

When I installed my LED OCD board on TSPP, is there really anything I need to configure on the software side?
It looked GREAT before I even hooked it up to my PC. Went in the software and selected the TSPP Profile, but it didn't seem to change anything.
Is there any further configuration that is necessary / recommended for TSPP with an LED OCD board?

I personally think it looks fantastic with just the default LEDOCD settings, so I left mine as is.

#2703 6 years ago

Someone please correct me, but I believe that's where the ocd comes in. The preset values are good, but one can tweak them as they see fit and someday achieve perfection.

#2704 6 years ago

Yeah I agree the default looks good here too. You can customize to your hearts content, and i played with it for a while, but I don't really think I improved it much. I felt like a few of the white inserts were to "hot" so i backed those off a bit, but that it and i imagine only I even notice it.

-Jim

#2705 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Does anyone have mirror blades on their TSPP? Looking at the inside of the cabinet there appears to be some irregular blocks on the sides that may impede the standard cut mirror blades. Looking for any help before ordering...

Yes, just get a hammer and knock those blocks off, they don't do anything, and the mirror blades look great.

#2706 6 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

Yes, just get a hammer and knock those blocks off, they don't do anything, and the mirror blades look great.

What he said, take them off, held on with long staples. You may need some black paint to cover the bare spots when you remove them.

#2707 6 years ago

Is my topper overkill? Or nah? Lol The previous owner made that and it lights up in the bottom.

20170803_182221 (resized).jpg20170803_182221 (resized).jpg

#2708 6 years ago

So I just got a brief flash of treehouse of horror with Flanders in a devil costume. What does that mean??

#2709 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

So I just got a brief flash of treehouse of horror with Flanders in a devil costume. What does that mean??

I always wondered this to.

#2710 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Is my topper overkill? Or nah? Lol The previous owner made that and it lights up in the bottom.

I like it. It would be cool if they were tiered like on choir risers. I've eBayed and Googled like a maniac for topper ideas... I wish there were larger plastic figures.
Would love to see some diy toppers from da club...

#2711 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Depending on your machines settings, it gives you a random award or starts a timed mode. You have to shoot the right ramp 5 times to light treehouse then shoot the left ramp to collect it.

#2712 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

That is nice machine ! But... You can deck her out some more: Moe's Tavern, Alien mod, artblades, decals for all the targets, extra figurines, orange convolux protectors on all plastics, speakerpanel decal, powdercoating etc. TSPP is a beauty and will be the last to leave her also.

Curious, where did you get the decals for the plastic targets (Otto, Nelson, Jimbo, Doplh, Comic book guy, ADV Pops)?
Thanks in advance!

#2713 6 years ago

So I recently replaced my shooter assembly and then noticed the auto plunger for multiball wasn't firing normally. I discovered the ball shooter was just pushing the ball up away from the autoplunger when the ball rests in the shooter lane.

Pushing the rubber shooter tip down hard helped but didn't 100% fix it. I'm thinking I need to add washers to the shooter rod near the spring to keep the rod held back a little more. Anyone encounter this?

#2714 6 years ago
Quoted from Archon9000:

Curious, where did you get the decals for the plastic targets (Otto, Nelson, Jimbo, Doplh, Comic book guy, ADV Pops)?
Thanks in advance!

They are available here mate

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/the-simpsons-pinball-party/3793/target-decals-for-the-simpsons-party-pinball

#2715 6 years ago
Quoted from Archon9000:

Thanks in advance!

Already answered, thanks allsportdvd

#2716 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

So I recently replaced my shooter assembly and then noticed the auto plunger for multiball wasn't firing normally. I discovered the ball shooter was just pushing the ball up away from the autoplunger when the ball rests in the shooter lane.
Pushing the rubber shooter tip down hard helped but didn't 100% fix it. I'm thinking I need to add washers to the shooter rod near the spring to keep the rod held back a little more. Anyone encounter this?

Yes, I had the same issue when I replaced the shooter rod on my LOTR. Interestingly, no problem with TSPP. I've tried a variety of fixes that have been mentioned on pinside but still nothing seems to work. One thing you can check is the rubber shooter tip can be too long, causing it to rest on the washer. I cut my down a bit and that seemed to help a little but not much. If you find a solution, please let me know.

#2717 6 years ago

Nobody has a topper that they want to share??

#2718 6 years ago

HomerSuspicious (resized).pngHomerSuspicious (resized).png

#2719 6 years ago

Hi all. I'm hoping someone can help me please with some details (beyond the basics) about the wiring connectors when removing the upper playfield. I've seen lots of posts in this thread where TSPP owners have said that removing the upper playfield is very easy; some posts/people even have said (I think) that the wiring can remain connected. In addition to reading the posts before trying it myself, I also read the inside cover of the manual. I searched for You Tube videos too but didn't find any.

I gave it a whirl, and the thumb screws and lifting the living room a little bit were in fact quite easy, just as advertised. But here's the challenge I encountered. On my machine, the main wiring bundle leading from the upper playfield through the access hole to below the main playfield is too snug to give me enough play once I've removed the thumb screws and cleared the living room more than a couple of inches off of the posts. I don't get nearly enough clearance to change out all of the bulbs (I'm doing an LED conversion) or to install my Cliffy's on the Treehouse Ramp and the Unobtanium Ramp.

The manual and several posts speak of three wiring connectors; to label them for reconnection matching and then to disconnect them. But nobody, not even the manual as far as I can tell, details more than that. I believe I've identified two of them; the TV wiring for sure (that one's clear) and one other, which is a small bundle. What I can't figure out after searching is how to disconnect the main, large wiring bundle. I don't see any connector for it. On my machine, it travels through the access hole and then is zip-tied into a big knot of several other wiring bundles. See photos below. Even if I were to clip the zip ties, I'm just not seeing a single main connector anywhere. I don't want to clip the zips before I know, as a lot of other wiring bundles are going to free up when I do.

If anyone can decipher my wiring from the photos I posted, and then could maybe post a photo or two of their own and/or describe in detail how to undo this wiring, I'd be extremely grateful. Thanks in advance!

Wiring Labeled 1.jpgWiring Labeled 1.jpg

Wiring Labeled 2.jpgWiring Labeled 2.jpg

Wiring Labeled 3.jpgWiring Labeled 3.jpg

#2720 6 years ago

You need to clip the zip ties, then all will be revealed. All wires can easily be disconnected and reconnected. When you're done, secure the bundle with new zip ties.

#2721 6 years ago

Just 4 big connectors. The small ones stay connected.

#2722 6 years ago

After a search of 6 months finally gonna pick up a TSPP tonight. Is a decent one (approx 1,5 years routed, 10+ years same person) so if carefull insopection this evening doesnt bring any surprises I am finally in. Watching Simpsons TVseries almost daily finally one of the best pins is going to be in my gameroom.

Keeping my fingers crossed nothing strange will happen tonight

#2723 6 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

You need to clip the zip ties, then all will be revealed. All wires can easily be disconnected and reconnected. When you're done, secure the bundle with new zip ties.

Thank you!

#2724 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Just 4 big connectors. The small ones stay connected.

Thank you!

#2725 6 years ago

Joined the club finally

IMG_3154 (resized).JPGIMG_3154 (resized).JPG

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2726 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Joined the club finally

Welcome! Shoot the garage!

#2727 6 years ago

So, brought tspp upstairs and as the playfield was out anyway immediately installed the side blades which came unused with it. Look really nice, well designed

Ordered the rubbers for shopping and I will install a pin2dmd. Gonna be a nice tspp when I am finished

IMG_3174 (resized).JPGIMG_3174 (resized).JPG

#2728 6 years ago

I do have 1 question.

Found this odd piece of Mylar on the playfield. Don't see it on other playfield
Pictures. Is this Mylar normal at that spot? Cleaned it so it's now much less visible as in the picture.

It starts at the sirenes of the policecar and moves up to the right.

To scared to remove it, afraid I will damage the playfield there is no insert below however.

Anyone?

IMG_3173.JPGIMG_3173.JPG

#2729 6 years ago

Than last question. I noted much more reflection from the translite on the playfield glass as I am used with other pins. The upper part of the playfield really suffers from it.

I took pdi glass from my AC/DC to test and it's less but still visible. Anyone played with this issue to get it better? Recall someone installed another led tube?

#2730 6 years ago

I wrapped a lighting gel around the tube which helped a lot. Since then I added a strip of masking tape across the length of it. Replacing with leds eventually.

Still really wanna see some toppers...

#2731 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Found this odd piece of Mylar on the playfield

Odd indeed. Never seen before. Nor can I imagine why it's there. ?!?

#2732 6 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Odd indeed. Never seen before. Nor can I imagine why it's there. ?!?

Yeah that spot doesn't wear badly or anything. Weird choice for Mylar. I'd probably try to remove.

#2733 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Yeah that spot doesn't wear badly or anything. Weird choice for Mylar. I'd probably try to remove.

Talked with the previous owner who had it for 12 yrs. It was already there when he bought it (routed for like 2 yrs). He has seen it with other TSPP's to, perhaps it is only there with early first run (this pin is stamped jan 2003).

Dont dare to remove it, just to scared I will damage the playfield

#2734 6 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

It's been a while but I think I had to clip a large zip tie that had the knot of wires together. Not all the zip ties. Just 1 or 2.

When you put things back together you need to make sure the wire bundle is secured and out of the ball path in to the VUK in the back corner. As well as out of the way of the VUK itself. Redo zip ties if you need to.

#2735 6 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

It's been a while but I think I had to clip a large zip tie that had the knot of wires together. Not all the zip ties. Just 1 or 2.
When you put things back together you need to make sure the wire bundle is secured and out of the ball path in to the VUK in the back corner. As well as out of the way of the VUK itself. Redo zip ties if you need to.

Thank you!

#2736 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Than last question. I noted much more reflection from the translite on the playfield glass as I am used with other pins. The upper part of the playfield really suffers from it.
I took pdi glass from my AC/DC to test and it's less but still visible. Anyone played with this issue to get it better? Recall someone installed another led tube?

The led tube lights are single sided meaning the light only spins out about 180 degrees. I installed my led tube facing toward the boards not the translight, that brightened up the whole translight and removed the hotspot running horizontally across the translight. I also have PDI glass on my TSPP.

#2737 6 years ago

Anyone know where i might be able to purchase a set of stickers that go on the apron without buying a whole set? im gonna need a new set as im getting my apron powdercoated

#2738 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Anyone know where i might be able to purchase a set of stickers that go on the apron without buying a whole set? im gonna need a new set as im getting my apron powdercoated

Have no experience with metal aprons from stern but with plastic aprons you can remove the stickers quite easily without damage and reuse them. Have you carefully tried if it loosens up of you lift it at a corner?

#2739 6 years ago

Finally joined the club!! A lot of mods, and some extra pinblades that i dont think i will need if anyone is interested.
Here is what came on this one, Invisiglass, colordmd, speaker lights, back box led lights, Moe's and Duff beer mods, and I'm sure i am forgetting some things.
Loving it!!

20170812_223823 (resized).jpg20170812_223823 (resized).jpg

#2740 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Finally joined the club!! A lot of mods, and some extra pinblades that i dont think i will need if anyone is interested.
Here is what came on this one, Invisiglass, colordmd, speaker lights, back box led lights, Moe's and Duff beer mods, and I'm sure i am forgetting some things.
Loving it!!

Gotta get the Kwik-E-Mart sticker. Surprising how many folks don't get this as it is the simplest mod ever.

#2741 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Gotta get the Kwik-E-Mart sticker. Surprising how many folks don't get this as it is the simplest mod ever.

It came with that also, i knew i forgot some stuff

#2742 6 years ago

The black block on the right side. What's it's purpose and how do i remove it? Trying to put mirror blades in

#2743 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Loving it!! I'm interested in the pinblades. Pm me info!

#2744 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

The black block on the right side. What's it's purpose and how do i remove it? Trying to put mirror blades in

You can pull it off. I think it is just stapled in. Look for screws.

#2745 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Loving it!!

I'm interested in those extra pinblades, pm me!

#2746 6 years ago

Work in progress

Is cleaning up nicely. Must also say that TSPP is a very easy machine to shop. Disassembling at least is easy and less than 2 hour job. Now the more hard part, putting is back together

IMG_3213 (resized).JPGIMG_3213 (resized).JPG

IMG_3210 (resized).JPGIMG_3210 (resized).JPG

#2747 6 years ago

Knowing that TSPP was launched feb 2003 and seeing a playfield date of jan 21 2003 for sure this was a first run 8).

Is further more this handwritten revised note dating aug 2002 normal ??

IMG_3211 (resized).JPGIMG_3211 (resized).JPG

IMG_3212 (resized).JPGIMG_3212 (resized).JPG

#2748 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Work in progress
Is cleaning up nicely. Must also say that TSPP is a very easy machine to shop. Disassembling at least is easy and less than 2 hour job. Now the more hard part, putting is back together

How did you get the right ramp off? It was the only piece on the right side that i wasn't able to get off. Also how do you get the black block on the right corner off?

#2749 6 years ago

Can anyone tell me how the wire at the base of Homer's head is supposed to sit? Or better yet a pic?

#2750 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Talked with the previous owner who had it for 12 yrs. It was already there when he bought it (routed for like 2 yrs). He has seen it with other TSPP's to, perhaps it is only there with early first run (this pin is stamped jan 2003).
Dont dare to remove it, just to scared I will damage the playfield

Wanted to show I am a man so removed it

I think it was not Mylar but just tape which was there for unknown reason. Removing it was just 5 minute job and no issues. Also found same tape on the apron. Is really puzzling why it was there but it's gone now without issues

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
7,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/55?hl=majordrainer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.