(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 146.
#2601 6 years ago

I wish people would keep their postings to be pinball related. For the life of me, I can't figure out what that pic has to do with pinball. Maybe I need to stare at it some more... took me a few minutes and I finally did see a pair of long boots in the pic. But still can't find anything pinball related... maybe I need to keep looking.

#2602 6 years ago

There is 2 bumpers and a drain hole. Also my plunger is fixed. I guess it does relate.

#2603 6 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I have a TSPP and the DMD blacks out every now and again and also shows incorrect literature. I pushed the connectors in and it seemed to help for awhile, but now it just happened again. I turn the machine off and on, then it goes away. I think if I clean up some of the connections it might eliminate the problem. Has anybody else had this problem? I'm thinking about using some contact cleaner, any suggestions on what kind I should use. Last I might replace the ribbon cables.

Just replace the cable. Cheap assurance

#2604 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

What score will it take to get on the board?

25,000,000. My HSTD is 15,338,600

Edit: I just bested that last score

20170710_162818 (resized).jpg20170710_162818 (resized).jpg

#2605 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Just replace the cable. Cheap assurance

Thank you for the advise. I'll replace them. I wasn't sure if could be caused by something else. Hopefully it's an easy fix.

#2606 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

But still can't find anything pinball related... maybe I need to keep looking.

Looks like the bulbs in the coin door need replaced.

#2607 6 years ago

Hello guys! I just wanted to say hello because I joined the TSPP club last night! I purchased a machine from WestCB and he was awesome enough to deliver it to VA all the way from Tennessee! The game is in really nice condition, it has yellow/glitter powder coat on the legs and armor with yellow trim around the translate. The game has no wear on cabinet or playfield either. Plastics are a 9/10 and the game has quite a few mods, including color dmd, LEDS, LEDOCD board, alien invasion mod, treehouse mod, etc. Very excited to be apart of the club. I put a GC score up of 50 million on my first game and I hit alien invasion getting to 4 balls. Very fun times! I do have a question for you all that I hope you can help with. The game plays 100% but I do have a bit of an odd sound/action happening. When I shoot the ball behind the TV, there is a metal post that stops it until the animation or w.e. happens and then it releases the ball, as it should. However, when it raises that metal post it creates/makes a mechanical noise that sounds a bit like grinding? I cant really nail down how to describe it but that's the closest thing I can say. Sorta like the mechanism or motor or gears aren't lubed or something I dunno. I was wondering if any of you have experienced this and or could explain to me what may be happening and what is behind that tv that controls that. Now, I have taken the glass off and manually pressed the metal post up (release position) and let it come back down (resting position) and there doesn't not appear to feel like there is a bind or anything wrong. It moves smoothly. However when the game does it, the mechanical grindy noise appears again. I would like to fix this if its something I can do. I don't want it to stop working. Just fyi, this sound CAN be heard with the glass on. Thanks for your help guys!

#2608 6 years ago

There is a coil behind the TV which stops and releases the ball at the appropriate time. There are no gears or motors so I do not believe it is a grinding of any kind. The noise I believe you are hearing is the vibration when the coil is activated. This noise is normal and the only way I can describe it is the sound you hear when a jail cell door is unlock (not that I know from first hand experience ). It is more of a buzz. If this is the noise you are hearing it has been discussed in here with some people just tightening the mechanism and others using a foam of some sort to help with the vibration. I didn't do much of anything with mine and sometimes it is noticeably loud and other times it's very quite. I just wanted to let you know if it is the buzz I'm describing, it is a normal sound that can also sometimes come from the flippers or any other coil. The one behind the TV is just louder because it is on top of the playfield and not underneath it. Hope this helps.

#2609 6 years ago

Thanks man, yeah I would think you are probably on point about what it is, I would say the sound could be a vibrating, like the unlocking of a jail cell door (not that I would know..... heh) but it is definitely different from the coils under like my MET that use to vibrate. Mine too does it sometimes and other times it doesn't, so I think I will leave it be. Appreciate your quick response!

#2610 6 years ago

Not a problem. Congratulations on the purchase and enjoy the game

#2611 6 years ago

Hi everyone, I just added a TSPP clear shooter lane protector to my store, you can find it here:

Nudies-The Simpsons Pinball Party
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1082-pin-mods/01064-nudies-clear-shooter-lane-eject-protectors

I just picked up a TSPP a few weeks ago and love the game. So much to do, I can't imagine ever running out of things to do in this game!Stern TSPP (resized).jpgStern TSPP (resized).jpg

#2612 6 years ago
Quoted from HankScorpio:

Hi everyone, I just added a TSPP clear shooter lane protector to my store, you can find it here:
Nudies-The Simpsons Pinball Party
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1082-pin-mods/01064-nudies-clear-shooter-lane-eject-protectors
I just picked up a TSPP a few weeks ago and love the game. So much to do, I can't imagine ever running out of things to do in this game!

Wish these were around when I got my cliffs. Much cleaner

#2613 6 years ago

New owner here. Sweet single owner huo. Just learning this monster of a game.

What are the must have mods?

Color DMD?

I'm losing track in my mind about which things need to be completed versus just started to get its respective wizard mode. Any easy way to remember?

The couch ramp on mine is very tough to make. Small flipper just doesn't give it the oomph. Normal?

Also, can one turn up the voice volume relative to the sounds? The call outs on this machine are real highlights for a Simpsons fan.

If it's true that to get the final wizard mode you have to be "successful" at everything, then is call this impossible. I got to Valinor but this is crazy.

#2614 6 years ago

Hey guys im working on getting my machine powder coated. How would i go about getting my T-molding, lockdown bar, and legs the same shade of yellow?

#2615 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Color DMD?
I'm losing track in my mind about which things need to be completed versus just started to get its respective wizard mode. Any easy way to remember?
The couch ramp on mine is very tough to make. Small flipper just doesn't give it the oomph. Normal?
Also, can one turn up the voice volume relative to the sounds? The call outs on this machine are real highlights for a Simpsons fan.
If it's true that to get the final wizard mode you have to be "successful" at everything, then is call this impossible. I got to Valinor but this is crazy.

My couch shot is difficult as well but once you get the timeing down it's much easier and totally doable. I'd say it's by design.

#2616 6 years ago

The upper flippers have plenty of power to make the shots needed.

#2617 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Yes, you have to not just start the six requirements, but beat them as well.

#2618 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Color DMD?

Alien invasion is the main wizard mode, you don't need to complete anything to get there, just start all the modes. But, the more modes you complete, the more time you have to complete alien invasion as time is added for each completed mode. I have no idea about super duper extreme wizard mode, I'll never see that one.

#2619 6 years ago

Seriously... Sparky.... Make some more tv's and trees. Please.

#2620 6 years ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

Seriously... Sparky.... Make some more tv's and trees. Please.

They are made. I've been out of the US on vacation for three weeks, so we took them off-line. They should be back up this weekend after I return.

#2621 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

They are made. I've been out of the US on vacation for three weeks, so we took them off-line. They should be back up this weekend after I return.

"Woo hoo!!!"
- Homer

#2622 6 years ago

How drastic of an improvement over the stock speakers/sub on a TSPP are these Flipper Fidelity kits?

I don't necessarily like playing my game super loud. Usually keep it at 4. Are one of these kits still worth getting? Is it a MUST-HAVE like the color screen or OCDLED board?

#2623 6 years ago

Is there any way to turn the volume of the call outs down that are emitted during attract mode? It literally scares people when they stand next to the machine.

#2624 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

How drastic of an improvement over the stock speakers/sub on a TSPP are these Flipper Fidelity kits?
I don't necessarily like playing my game super loud. Usually keep it at 4. Are one of these kits still worth getting? Is it a MUST-HAVE like the color screen or OCDLED board?

I don't have flipper fidelity speakers for my TSPP but I do have the LEDOCD. So it's not a must have for me. I do have an external sub for my Met that I may try out with the TSPP, but won't buy it specifically for the Simpsons.

#2625 6 years ago

My sound actually sounds pretty good in my machine. Seems like there is an aftermarket speaker in the lower cab as it's a little more bass-y than my other machines. It was never mentioned to me that the lower speaker had been upgraded by the previous owner, so I'm not sure about it. Can anyone tell me if the stock speaker has any distinct print on it for confirmation?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2626 6 years ago

I like Flipper Fidelity speakers and have added them to my pins that have PinSound boards with great success.

For TSPP I found no speaker could save the horrible sound quality. It's just too compressed to sound good. Wish someone had the original recordings in high quality format now that PinSound supports Whitestar.

#2627 6 years ago

Put an OCD-LED board in my TSPP. Very dramatic difference. LOVE IT.

What about the GI though? How much would I benefit from that $50 GIzmo board they sell? Am I going to notice a big difference?

#2628 6 years ago

Put an OCD-LED board in my TSPP. Very dramatic difference. LOVE IT.
What about the GI though? How much would I benefit from that $50 GIzmo board they sell? Am I going to notice a big difference?

I don't think you would notice any difference with a gizmo in TSPP. I think the gizmo is for games where the GI dims.

#2629 6 years ago

Just joined the club. After many moons of searching I finally found this dope example of a pinball party. Under 800 plays, not a scratch or speck of dirt to be found. Just got it waxed up, new rubbers all around just for kicks, and a new set of balls on board. She's a shooter.

I've ordered a few protection mods already and am eyeballing quite a few others. Give me a few months on this machine will be fully decked out.

I'm just happy to be here. Thanks for having me!

1500478916197 (resized).jpg1500478916197 (resized).jpg

#2630 6 years ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

Just joined the club. After many moons of searching I finally found this dope example of a pinball party. Under 800 plays, not a scratch or speck of dirt to be found. Just got it waxed up, new rubbers all around just for kicks, and a new set of balls on board. She's a shooter.
I've ordered a few protection mods already and am eyeballing quite a few others. Give me a few months on this machine will be fully decked out.
I'm just happy to be here. Thanks for having me!

Love the Duff cans on the top

#2631 6 years ago

Anyone know where I can buy a lighted topper? Looking to purchase one

#2632 6 years ago

On my TSPP, it seems like 75% of the time, when the ball gets kicked out of the Itchy & Scratchy hole, it goes right dead center between the flippers and drains.

This can't possibly be by design, can it? How can I adjust this?

#2633 6 years ago

The deflector can be adjusted by removing the decorative plastic cover that Itchy and Scratchy are attached to and loosening the nuts that secure the deflector. The ball can be aimed to strike the left flipper squarely, sometimes bouncing off the flipper and going right back into the hole.

#2634 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

The deflector can be adjusted by removing the decorative plastic cover that Itchy and Scratchy are attached to and loosening the nuts that secure the deflector. The ball can be aimed to strike the right flipper squarely, sometimes bouncing off the flipper and going right back into the hole.

You mean "strike the left flipper squarely"?? I&S hole is on the right side of the field

#2635 6 years ago

I have a couch issue. I installed the weld fix but I still have a switch problem. The first ball on the couch will often count as 2 balls. Are my switches sitting weird??

#2636 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

You mean "strike the left flipper squarely"?? I&S hole is on the right side of the field

Yes. That is what mine does. I think that's the standard path.

#2637 6 years ago

Hey, I just joined the club! I picked up a #TSPP at a local auction for a great price. The machine plays well, and the playfield and plastics are in great shape. Cabinet is in good shape, except for a tremendous amount of wear around the flipper buttons.
IMG_1140[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1140[1] (resized).JPG

Imagine my surprise when I checked out the audits:
Lots of gamesLots of games

Safe to say that it wasn't HUO.

It has the original ROM (version 2.04), so I doubt that the audits have ever been reset.

Still, she needs some work. Updated ROMs are on the way. And the upper playfield flippers need to be rebuilt (couch shot is impossible to make, despite dozens of tries).

-Dave

#2638 6 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

I have a couch issue. I installed the weld fix but I still have a switch problem. The first ball on the couch will often count as 2 balls. Are my switches sitting weird??

Is it every time? If it's every time, then it's likely the setting in the menu options for EXTRA EASY or something like that, it actually requires one less ball on the couch so it always starts at "two locked animation" when the first ball hits the sofa.

If it's intermittent, it's a probably a switch. Go into switch test and roll balls on the couch, and check them, might need some alignment or tweaking.

#2639 6 years ago
Quoted from Overphase:

Hey, I just joined the club! I picked up a #TSPP at a local auction for a great price. The machine plays well, and the playfield and plastics are in great shape. Cabinet is in good shape, except for a tremendous amount of wear around the flipper buttons.

Imagine my surprise when I checked out the audits:

Safe to say that it wasn't HUO.
It has the original ROM (version 2.04), so I doubt that the audits have ever been reset.
Still, she needs some work. Updated ROMs are on the way. And the upper playfield flippers need to be rebuilt (couch shot is impossible to make, despite dozens of tries).
-Dave

Install some of these lollipop side rails. It will hide the wear...
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1747

#2640 6 years ago

Left Flipper. D'oh. Edited above.

#2641 6 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Or these, I have them and they look awesome:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2519

#2642 6 years ago

Great googly moogly! Over the past 30 days I've read this entire thread in bits and pieces from the first post four years ago to post 2641 from yesterday. I'm new to Pinside (joined last month) but have been pinballing for decades. I've owned The Simpsons Pinball Party since June 2004; bought NIB. This thread is spectacular! Thank you to everyone who has contributed. I've learned tons and will continue following, and will add any value I can. Pinside and this TSPP Club are amazing communities.

#2643 6 years ago

Does anyone have a guide to take apart the playfield? I have absolutely no idea what to do, what tools to use etc. Any piece of help would be appreciated

#2644 6 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Agreed, a must have even if you have zero wear. Mine has no wear but I bought nuclear lollipops anyway. Love the look of them also. Without them it just feels like something is missing

#2645 6 years ago

Holy hell I've finally done it. I'm on the board!! I have never had such an intense game as I just had on this thing, my FG comes in second. I was sweating all over the glass what a rush. Surely this score is nowhere close to what you guys rack up regularly, but I'm proud of myself though lol.

20170723_210313 (resized).jpg20170723_210313 (resized).jpg

20170723_211022 (resized).jpg20170723_211022 (resized).jpg

#2646 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Does anyone have a guide to take apart the playfield? I have absolutely no idea what to do, what tools to use etc. Any piece of help would be appreciated

In short, unscrew the 3 top black buttons on upper playfield. Then disconnect the wiring under playfield and tv. Playfield should lift up

#2647 6 years ago

I have a lot fo pins and the Simpsons pinball party is still my go to pinball! Family guy is good don't get me wrong but Simpson is perfect in my opinion.

#2648 6 years ago

Comet Pinball just went live with their TSPP Non-Ghosting LED kit...Just ordered the first one, can't wait to see it in action!

#2649 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Holy hell I've finally done it. I'm on the board!! I have never had such an intense game as I just had on this thing, my FG comes in second. I was sweating all over the glass what a rush. Surely this score is nowhere close to what you guys rack up regularly, but I'm proud of myself though lol.

Great work! Stack some multiballs and modes and you'll go up from there!

#2650 6 years ago

Hey guys im looking for a couple mods. Would anyone happen to know where i could find superhero Comic book guy and Superhero bart. And last im looking for a lighted Simpsons topper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 218.00
$ 174.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/53?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.