(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 146.
#2551 6 years ago

Why,why,why is this game so stingy when it comes to consolation balls?!?!? None of my other stern machines are like this!!!

#2552 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Why,why,why is this game so stingy when it comes to constellation balls?!?!? None of my other stern machines are like this!!!

Star wars will probably be better for constellation balls. Tspp can be set easier for consolation balls though. Lol. Just kidding.

#2553 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Why,why,why is this game so stingy when it comes to constellation balls?!?!? None of my other stern machines are like this!!!

Pepi: Tell me more! I want to know the constellations.
Homer: Well, there's Jerry the Cowboy. And that big dipper looking thing is Alan the Cowboy.

Screenshot_20170612-164812 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20170612-164812 (resized).jpg

#2554 6 years ago

Alright you got me lol. Consolation, edited .

#2555 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Star wars will probably be better for constellation balls. Tspp can be set easier for consolation balls though. Lol. Just kidding.

It is set on the easiest setting for that. example, my FG is set at the same exact setting but I believe at each ball you get at least one consolation if you drain. In my TSPP I get one consolation ball out of a 5 ball game. After I get that 1 consolation if I drain that's it. I shoot the ball, it hits a single target, drains and that's the end of that ball. So frustrating.

#2556 6 years ago

Proud to join the club. Do I get a card or anything?

TSPP (resized).JPGTSPP (resized).JPG

#2557 6 years ago

Congrats. I like this game more and more as I adjust the settings and get to know all of the rules. It is a really good game.

#2558 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Version 2 of the treehouse spotlight cover is now available on Mezelmods' site for $59. I figured out a way to mount it with a 3D print treetop. Looks much more like the one from the show. TV's are also still available if you want to pick up both at the same time
https://mezelmods.com/collections/simpsons-pinball-party-pinball-mods

I picked up the version 2 top for my version 1 treehouse. I just installed it today and it looks way better.
2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

What I did was: removed version 1, removed the foliage and remaining hot glue, checked the fit of the top which was perfect. I then followed the instructions and mounted just the tree top which made it much easier to manipulate.

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg

I have the super hero Comic Book Guy so the fit might be different for the original Comic Book guy. You might have to remove the branch. My Comic Book Guy rotates at the hip so I was able to twist him around a little.

I attached the treetop and then tested it with the house set in place. I had to twist the armature a little, but it was no big deal.

I also added some thick weather stripping to the top of the lights so the treehouse could sit a little higher.
6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg

Finally you just glue the house into the treetop. Careful not to get glue on your PF

If you want to upgrade your version 1 to 2 shoot Sparky a message and he can send you just the top.

#2559 6 years ago

That's awesome! Thanks for the install details and pics!

#2560 6 years ago

I want to pick up a Itchy and Scratchy hole protector and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the clear/stainless one sold by Pinbits.

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=75

I like that it shows more of the wood, but was wondering about how it holds up compared to the all stainless version (link below)

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_19&products_id=74

Thanks!

#2561 6 years ago

I have the clear one and am happy with it but definitely causes more lip outs than without, but nothing crazy...just no way around it.

#2562 6 years ago

Loving my prohibition sign

#2563 6 years ago

IMG_5574 (resized).JPGIMG_5574 (resized).JPG

#2564 6 years ago

My sound stopped working last night. Game still plays but no music, call outs, or sound effects of any kind. I installed under cabinet lighting and was fiddling with it when the game reset. I'm wondering if I blew a fuse or something. Does anyone have any advice on what I could check? Please assume that I'm dumb and have no idea what I'm doing lol. Thanks in advance.

#2565 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

My sound stopped working last night. Game still plays but no music, call outs, or sound effects of any kind. I installed under cabinet lighting and was fiddling with it when the game reset. I'm wondering if I blew a fuse or something. Does anyone have any advice on what I could check? Please assume that I'm dumb and have no idea what I'm doing lol. Thanks in advance.

Try the obvious 1st....

Pull and re-seat any socket-ed chips.

#2566 6 years ago

Anybody else have this problem? The top of the yellow sign hits the underside of the back box and chips away at your sign. Does anyone have a fix for this?

KIMG0332 (resized).JPGKIMG0332 (resized).JPG

#2567 6 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Anybody else have this problem? The top of the yellow sign hits the underside of the back box and chips away at your sign. Does anyone have a fix for this?

i have replacement part for this.

#2568 6 years ago
Quoted from HankScorpio:

I want to pick up a Itchy and Scratchy hole protector and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the clear/stainless one sold by Pinbits.

I ended up going with the clear/stainless one, the all-stainless one just covered too much and my game is pristine aside from the wear that we're putting on it. I could see going with it for a game on location but that's a guess based on.. one I saw on location.

#2569 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Version 2 of the treehouse spotlight cover is now available on Mezelmods' site for $59. I figured out a way to mount it with a 3D print treetop. Looks much more like the one from the show. TV's are also still available if you want to pick up both at the same time

Still love the TV, gets compliments all the time. Treehouse V2 looks like another can't-miss!

1 week later
#2570 6 years ago
Quoted from Matt_johnson:

I picked up the version 2 top for my version 1 treehouse. I just installed it today and it looks way better.

What I did was: removed version 1, removed the foliage and remaining hot glue, checked the fit of the top which was perfect. I then followed the instructions and mounted just the tree top which made it much easier to manipulate.

I have the super hero Comic Book Guy so the fit might be different for the original Comic Book guy. You might have to remove the branch. My Comic Book Guy rotates at the hip so I was able to twist him around a little.
I attached the treetop and then tested it with the house set in place. I had to twist the armature a little, but it was no big deal.
I also added some thick weather stripping to the top of the lights so the treehouse could sit a little higher.

Finally you just glue the house into the treetop. Careful not to get glue on your PF

If you want to upgrade your version 1 to 2 shoot Sparky a message and he can send you just the top.

How about putting a real bonzia tree in there? That would be one of a kind.

#2571 6 years ago

I have been seriously contemplating selling mine unless I get talked out of it. The difficulty is just to much for me to tolerate, and the more I play it the less I enjoy it. At this point the theme and overall beauty of my machine are the only things that are making me hold onto it.

#2572 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I have been seriously contemplating selling mine unless I get talked out of it. The difficulty is just to much for me to tolerate, and the more I play it the less I enjoy it. At this point the theme and overall beauty of my machine are the only things that are making me hold onto it.

That's EXACTLY how I feel about my Ghostbusters.

#2573 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

A machine that's too easy gets stale fast though. Imo, tspp is an easier game, but it's really deep that it always offers new objectives. Are you familiar with your goals on it, or what to do? If not, then watch videos to learn the rules. That said, if a game just isn't fun anymore, then it's ok to move onto something else.

#2574 6 years ago

I love mine but was surprised to find most of my friends hated it and thought it was too hard!?!? I set it to easy mode, increased ball save time and decreased the slope a little and now they're coming around!!

The color pin2dmd is AMAZING in this one, btw... so worth it.

#2575 6 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

I love mine but was surprised to find most of my friends hated it and thought it was too hard!?!? I set it to easy mode, increased ball save time and decreased the slope a little and now they're coming around!!
The color pin2dmd is AMAZING in this one, btw... so worth it.

That's exactly what I did to in order to make it more fun for my friends. They get to mystery spot, and they love it. I can get to alien invasion once in a while, and even some non pin friends have come close.

#2576 6 years ago

Just got my Simpsons game delivered this am. Amazing! I love it! The colors, lights and sound are fantastic. Only problem is the shippers sucked and I got a few scratches on the head but luckily it doesn't smell like my used Walking Dead LE.. jeez whiz! After this, no used pinball machines for me, only new ones.

#2577 6 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I made some custom Duff Beer PinCups for the Simpsons. It is painted in a high gloss red enamel paint then the "Duff" logos are then added for authentic cartoon look. The imagery is pretty accurate to the cartoon series. The logos are done on both sides and look great either way you mount them. They are available at http://www.modfatherpinball.com

This is cool and I reluctantly ordered one because it is $48 + $8.50 shipping, which seems a bit steep to me.

#2578 6 years ago

Can you guys help me best way to repair this? This is how my Simpsons got delivered.. its the top of the head back side
Any tips/advice would be appreciated
Thanks!

IMG_0539 (resized).jpgIMG_0539 (resized).jpg

IMG_0537 (resized).jpgIMG_0537 (resized).jpg

#2579 6 years ago

Added a Sparky Pinball TV today, overall a good mod, but lacks a back to the TV which I'm going to need to add.

IMG_9657 (resized).JPGIMG_9657 (resized).JPG

IMG_9659 (resized).JPGIMG_9659 (resized).JPG

#2580 6 years ago

So I just got the sparky Itchy and Scratchy TV mod, followed the instructing and installed it. How to i get the TV animation to trigger, it currently is blank. Is there something in the pinball machine setting I have to turn on so that the TV comes on? Any help would be appreciated. I hope is something I am doing wrong and its not the actual product.

Thank you

#2581 6 years ago
Quoted from Snwbrdrmidget15:

So I just got the sparky Itchy and Scratchy TV mod, followed the instructing and installed it. How to i get the TV animation to trigger, it currently is blank. Is there something in the pinball machine setting I have to turn on so that the TV comes on? Any help would be appreciated. I hope is something I am doing wrong and its not the actual product.
Thank you

Don't you have to load some videos on the SD card or something? Not sure, i don't have that mod, but was thinking about it
Mo!

#2582 6 years ago
Quoted from Snwbrdrmidget15:

Thank you

PM sent. I'm on vacation out of the U.S. until the end of July, but if my suggestions in the pm don't get it going, I'll send you another TV.

#2583 6 years ago

Itchy and Scratchy hole ejection tip:
The ball was getting more air than I thought it should when ejected out of the hole. I discovered that the metal deflector needed to be bent a tiny bit away from the playfield and now it ejects nice and low along the playfield surface with no damaging bounce. It can be aimed a bit, too.

#2584 6 years ago

hi there,does anyone know if theres tutorial videos for playing reverse flippers,ive tried swapping arms round like some people said but my brain cant get used to it .thats where the tips come in for training my brain to think diff when it comes to otto4 ball mode.its always the mode that stops me from achieving final wizrd mode,only time i get real close is when i get it going with the other multiballs/modes

#2585 6 years ago

I suck at the reverse flippers. My trick is to just hit both the whole time (like those flipper monkey friends that suck at pinball). Call it a cop out... doh!

#2586 6 years ago

Definitely have to cross arms and man up. It's weird at first, but after a couple times playing it, it's pretty easy and fun imo.

#2587 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Definitely have to cross arms and man up. It's weird at first, but after a couple times playing it, it's pretty easy and fun imo.

Definitely this. I didn't think this would work and struggled through reverse flippers without reversing my arms the first few times. Once I reversed my arms I couldn't believe how much easier it was.

#2588 6 years ago

It's good practice for when you get a Houdini.

IMG_1092 (resized).JPGIMG_1092 (resized).JPG

#2589 6 years ago

Just about to join the club! Does anyone have a tree house mod to sell though? I feel this one is a must have

#2590 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Just about to join the club! Does anyone have a tree house mod to sell though? I feel this one is a must have

The treehouses are available through Mezelmods, but they won't be available again until I return to the US after July 18th.

#2591 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

It's good practice for when you get a Houdini.

On Houdini, once you have reversed figure out, you then will want to advance to 'reversed and inverted', where in addition to being reversed, the flippers stay up, and you press the buttons to drop them down, and then release to flip.

#2592 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

On Houdini, once you have reversed figure out, you then will want to advance to 'reversed and inverted', where in addition to being reversed, the flippers stay up, and you press the buttons to drop them down, and then release to flip.

Looking forward to it! It was a pleasure meeting you in Allentown, we absolutely loved the game.

#2593 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

The treehouses are available through Mezelmods, but they won't be available again until I return to the US after July 18th.

Okay awesome, I'll order one as soon as you're back then!

#2594 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

A machine that's too easy gets stale fast though. Imo, tspp is an easier game, but it's really deep that it always offers new objectives. Are you familiar with your goals on it, or what to do? If not, then watch videos to learn the rules. That said, if a game just isn't fun anymore, then it's ok to move onto something else.

The goals and objectives are simple to understand so that isn't the issues. It just seems like you get only 100 points each for everything that you hit. I have long game times but in the end still can't even get close to putting my initials up in 4th place. Out of all of my collection this is the only machine that I can't get my initials on and I've spent the last three months playing it almost daily.

#2595 6 years ago

Are the high scores at the default level or are they higher than 50 million? What is the average score you get?

As far as game play, I can have a few games were I only get 4-10 million and the game just doesn't click. I never have control of the ball and something is just off. Then the next game I can hit Otto loop a few times to start 2x scoring and stack 3 or so modes. Then you start couch mb and maybe even I&S mb. All of a sudden the score will jump significantly into the 20-30 million range. Then finish out the Otto loop for reverse flipper mb (the name is escaping me right now). This is not the easiest thing to achieve, so if you cant get there change your settings to keep the otto loop lit without hitting the light otto target. Play with your settings, but lighting 2x scoring then starting mb and hitting jackpots will increase your score greatly. I had one of those games the other day and after my first ball (and an extra ball) I was over 100 million. That being said I crapped out on my second ball and finished the game around 120 million. I hope you find your way to play it, because it only gets better for me as I keep learning the game. Good luck.

#2596 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

The goals and objectives are simple to understand so that isn't the issues. It just seems like you get only 100 points each for everything that you hit. I have long game times but in the end still can't even get close to putting my initials up in 4th place. Out of all of my collection this is the only machine that I can't get my initials on and I've spent the last three months playing it almost daily.

What score will it take to get on the board?

#2597 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

The slingshots are worth 110 points and they are the lowest scoring items in the game by far. I think the pops are worth 10,000?

edit- I see you are talking about Houdini. Never mind.

#2598 6 years ago

I have a TSPP and the DMD blacks out every now and again and also shows incorrect literature. I pushed the connectors in and it seemed to help for awhile, but now it just happened again. I turn the machine off and on, then it goes away. I think if I clean up some of the connections it might eliminate the problem. Has anybody else had this problem? I'm thinking about using some contact cleaner, any suggestions on what kind I should use. Last I might replace the ribbon cables.

#2599 6 years ago

Slash just shared

#2600 6 years ago

I wish my question was answered every time like that!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 218.00
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 45.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/52?hl=kurgan999 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.