Topic Stats

• 5,212 posts
  • 524 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by multibrawlr
  • Topic is favorited by 229 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,173 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3309 (resized).JPG
IMG_20200803_172731 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200803_172719 (resized).jpg
61748168017__70815519-6ACF-4B73-BECF-7DC1FEA0408B (resized).jpeg
A0D68876-1930-4073-9648-8863380838AC (resized).jpeg
ACA2DF20-D27C-42C8-B9FD-A5B6E1DB6D2C (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200724_213531985 (resized).jpg
TSPPpin (resized).png
1DAD4D72-F2CE-49B6-A19F-D22A77DB4FE5 (resized).jpeg
3D10FBF1-4CD4-41CE-931C-F093D5A2C5D6 (resized).jpeg
3741CF5C-6136-4A22-8DA0-34448314306C (resized).jpeg
552DF7F9-C717-4A90-89AE-C350720A64D5 (resized).jpeg
A2229329-7606-4258-B5D2-B2AAA1BE5DBB (resized).jpeg
4A3E60C9-A32C-4416-BB5D-5E7DB2583194 (resized).jpeg
46AC71E6-1F8E-4525-9767-D7CB850C05AD (resized).jpeg
57A30AF3-F6B1-450B-8770-128ED0B91B71 (resized).jpeg

There are 5212 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 105.
#2401 3 years ago
Quoted from Reuzilla:

Hi all,
Anyone know where I pick up a garage door ramp? Part number #545-6045-00. I've been searching with no luck. Trying to keep this search in North America. Thanks for any help .
Reuzilla

Depending upon how the ramp is broken, it may be repairable with a cliffy ...

http://www.passionforpinball.com/TSPP.htm

TSPP Cliffy (resized).jpg

#2402 3 years ago

Thanks, that will do the trick!

#2403 3 years ago

If you still have the other piece, you can epoxy them together and use a small strip of plastic to reinforce the joint. Then use the Cliffy as well. I had to do this on my ramp. No problem after that.

#2404 3 years ago

Just joined the club. Learning the game at this point. I'm trying to figure fastest way to mystery spot. Great game!

#2405 3 years ago

What a great game. The ball rolls off the right side of habit trail often and falls into the outlane. Is this typical or is there a fix? I think I'm pretty level. Otherwise it plays great.

#2406 3 years ago

It is not supposed to do that. The ball should be dropped into the flipper return lane. Check the alignment of the ramp. It may be bent a bit.

#2407 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Just joined the club. Learning the game at this point. I'm trying to figure fastest way to mystery spot. Great game!

Fastest way to Mystery Spot is to have the Otto setting at Extra Easy. This eliminates the need to hit the Otto stand-up target. Hit the Otto school bus lane 11 times to start. On the 10th shot, you'll know it's ready because Professor Frink will say something about the Mystery Spot.

#2408 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Fastest way to Mystery Spot is to have the Otto setting at Extra Easy. This eliminates the need to hit the Otto stand-up target. Hit the Otto school bus lane 11 times to start. On the 10th shot, you'll know it's ready because Professor Frink will say something about the Mystery Spot.

That's how I have it set now just so casual players have a chance to see this mode. I need to find a manual so I can find what all the settings actually do. Such a fun game to strategize for.

#2409 3 years ago

I made some custom Duff Beer PinCups for the Simpsons. It is painted in a high gloss red enamel paint then the "Duff" logos are then added for authentic cartoon look. The imagery is pretty accurate to the cartoon series. The logos are done on both sides and look great either way you mount them. They are available at www.modfatherpinball.com
tspp pincup beer (resized).jpgtspp pincup beer1 (resized).jpg

#2410 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

That's how I have it set now just so casual players have a chance to see this mode. I need to find a manual so I can find what all the settings actually do. Such a fun game to strategize for.

The manual is downloadable from IPDB

#2411 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

The manual is downloadable from IPDB

Thanks. I need it.

#2412 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

What a great game. The ball rolls off the right side of habit trail often and falls into the outlane. Is this typical or is there a fix? I think I'm pretty level. Otherwise it plays great.

Mine did that and I shimmmed the ramp up one notch with a washer.

#2413 3 years ago

Also get Chucks pincups they are awesome !! I'll have mine this weekend and post of pic of it on the game .

#2414 3 years ago

Do most of you guys mylar around the start button on TSPP? Obviously a weak area usually worn out, so I was wondering if I should on my huo one to be safe, or if it's not worth messing with.

#2416 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

On the 10th shot, you'll know it's ready because Professor Frink will say something about the Mystery Spot.

You've reached the end of your journey, its sad and alarming (iirc)

#2417 3 years ago

Have a question. When holding the left flipper. The game emits an error buzzing sound. Lately its been getting louder so im trying to find out whats causing it. Everyone things run perfect though

#2418 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Have a question. When holding the left flipper. The game emits an error buzzing sound. Lately its been getting louder so im trying to find out whats causing it. Everyone things run perfect though

Error buzzing sound? Is there an error displayed? Maybe you can attach a video..

#2419 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Are you talking about buzzing coming from the flipper mech when holding the flipper button, or an error sound coming from the speakers? If it's buzzing from the flipper mech, that's common Stern flipper buzz: The flipper plunger vibrating against the coil stop.

A handful of different fixes have been suggested in different threads. I think the consensus fix is filing the stop so the plunger is hitting a flat surface and tightening any loose play in the coil/stop.

#2420 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Error buzzing sound? Is there an error displayed? Maybe you can attach a video..

No error displayed

Quoted from Sparky:

Are you talking about buzzing coming from the flipper mech when holding the flipper button, or an error sound coming from the speakers? If it's buzzing from the flipper mech, that's common Stern flipper buzz: The flipper plunger vibrating against the coil stop.
A handful of different fixes have been suggested in different threads. I think the consensus fix is filing the stop so the plunger is hitting a flat surface and tightening any loose play in the coil/stop.

Yep its a buzzing noise when holding the left flipper down

#2421 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

No error displayed

Yep its a buzzing noise when holding the left flipper down

Mine has a slight buzz to. My metallica had it bad. I ran zip ties around the bracket of flipper and that stopped it.

#2422 3 years ago

Installed my ModFather Duff Beer Pincup and decal looks great !!!

IMG_1277 (resized).JPG

#2423 3 years ago

Its been a while but I got a couple of games in today. 23M on the first ball which also got two extra balls, nuclear disaster, couch multiball, three tv modes stacked and completed homers day. Then followed by three almost immediate drains. I was pretty emotionally beat on that last ball, final score around 30M. Started on pace to be my highest scoring game ever...maybe next time.

But more importantly, sorry if this is a 'noob' question. The game makes a very loud screeching noise at random times. I haven't noticed a pattern for when it occurs, but its really loud. Anyone run into this or have any suggestions?

#2424 3 years ago
Quoted from PSU14:

But more importantly, sorry if this is a 'noob' question. The game makes a very loud screeching noise at random times. I haven't noticed a pattern for when it occurs, but its really loud. Anyone run into this or have any suggestions?

Probably the knocker sound after winning a free game. Go to settings and turn knocker on/off. I can't stand the screeching knocker sound stern uses.

#2425 3 years ago

What is the setting called where if you shoot the ball into play, the ball hits something, goes SDTM and then you are given another ball immediately?? Consolation ball or something like that I think?? I want to turn this setting on because it seems that when I drain,that's the end of my ball each time. My games end so quickly most times that I ended up setting the machine for 4 balls per play instead of 3 just so that I could actually have a chance at enjoying it.

#2426 3 years ago

New issue just started on mine. What would cause the right side upper 2 flippers (crusty and upper mini playfield) to either not fire or delay firing? The bottom flipper is working fine.

#2427 3 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

What is the setting called where if you shoot the ball into play, the ball hits something, goes SDTM and then you are given another ball immediately?? Consolation ball or something like that I think?? I want to turn this setting on because it seems that when I drain,that's the end of my ball each time. My games end so quickly most times that I ended up setting the machine for 4 balls per play instead of 3 just so that I could actually have a chance at enjoying it.

Ball Saver. It's in the settings and on TSPP it's called Freeze Time.

#2428 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

New issue just started on mine. What would cause the right side upper 2 flippers (crusty and upper mini playfield) to either not fire or delay firing? The bottom flipper is working fine.

The right flipper button move two leaf switches. Check the adjustment and clean the contacts of second one in the switch stack.

#2429 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Ball Saver. It's in the settings and on TSPP it's called Freeze Time.

Excellent thank you!! You wouldn't happen to also know how to clear all high scores would you??

#2430 3 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Excellent thank you!! You wouldn't happen to also know how to clear all high scores would you??

A factory reset will remove the high scores.

#2431 3 years ago

There's also a fix for the speaker hum on eBay sometimes for like $10. I haven't tried it but others have said it took care of the problem.

#2432 3 years ago
Quoted from PSU14:

Assuming you have a later build what you're hearing is probably the one instrument that can't be properly rendered with the emulated sound chip used in later builds of TSPP- mine has it.

See https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-simpsons-pinball-party-run-differences?tq=emulated+sound&tu for more details.

#2433 3 years ago

Hi guys,

My tv led seems to be faulty, do you know any store that are selling it?

#2434 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Probably the knocker sound after winning a free game. Go to settings and turn knocker on/off. I can't stand the screeching knocker sound stern uses.

The TSPP virtual knocker is super loud, it's the only game I actually turned it off for.

#2435 3 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

A factory reset will remove the high scores.

Thanks!!! That's unfortunate, then I'll have to set everything back to Easy again. lol

#2436 3 years ago

Lot of NOS ramps just listed on Ebay if anyone is in need!!!

ebay.com link » The Simpsons Pinball Party Machine Nos Set Of 5 Ramps

Found this too..

ebay.com link » Stern Pinball Simpsons Pinball Party Ramp Middle Assy P N 545 6045 00 New

#2437 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Quoted from Mike_M:

Assuming you have a later build what you're hearing is probably the one instrument that can't be properly rendered with the emulated sound chip used in later builds of TSPP- mine has it.
See https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-simpsons-pinball-party-run-differences?tq=emulated+sound&tu for more details.

I think this took care of it, thanks for the help. Haven't heard it in a few games now. It was so loud and obnoxious that it deterred my wife from playing. She enjoys the game but hasn't been interested until that was fixed.

#2438 3 years ago

Anyone out there put a physical knocker in their TSPP? I didn't mind the fake one so much when it was the only game I owned but now that everything else I have has real ones, it's starting to bug me.

#2439 3 years ago

Ey guys! So I just got my first pin not that long ago, well I got it bout 3 weeks ago lol... Metallica Pro love it. However I really wanted a TSPP, but there really where no decent ones avail near me. One has come up, a HUO that I could pick up for 4700 and I am seriously thinking about grabbing it. I have hear that this game can be brutally hard though. I figured I ask in this topic. WOuld love any insights or suggestions thank you much!

#2440 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Ey guys! So I just got my first pin not that long ago, well I got it bout 3 weeks ago lol... Metallica Pro love it. However I really wanted a TSPP, but there really where no decent ones avail near me. One has come up, a HUO that I could pick up for 4700 and I am seriously thinking about grabbing it. I have hear that this game can be brutally hard though. I figured I ask in this topic. WOuld love any insights or suggestions thank you much!

As with all pins, you really should play the ones that you are interested in first before buying. This way you get a feel if you like it or not.

That being said, TSPP is awesome. There's alot to it, a really deep game. Yes it can be hard, but do you want to spend $4k+ on an easy game? TSPP is an experience to enjoy. If you're a fan of the show then it can be an even better experience.

As far as HUO, if they don't have the original receipt, box, other documents, other proof, etc., etc. than don't expect it to be HUO.

There is alot of info on the game here. Search as much as you can and ask more questions. Someone usually answers.

#2441 3 years ago

Agreed dontfeed I'm going to check it out tomorrow and play it. Yes I'm a massive simpsons Fan! And love the layout of that play field just looks like it would be so entertaining. That's interesting about the HUO claim. I'll have to ask more details from the seller thanks!!

#2442 3 years ago

I agree with dontfeed. Try one first. I love my Metallica pro also, and just got a tspp a couple weeks ago. Two totally different games. I lean towards the Simpsons style of play trying to get through modes and stories. The two would compliment each other very well for a change of pace. Again try one, watch YouTube videos and then yes, buy one. My whole family loves our tspp.

#2443 3 years ago

Tspp is not brutally hard, hardly. Ball times can be pretty long, but you can set it up do its more challenging. You'll find it very different than your Metallica, which can be brutally hard. Tspp shines for its rule set, shot variety and theme integration. What is hard about Tspp is advancing to the wizard modes and completing them.

#2444 3 years ago

Thanks this all makes sense, and honestly I want my second pin to be drastically different. And I agree the theming is just amazing. I personally love deep games so I have a feeling Im Really going to like it ! I'm going to check it out around 1 today

#2445 3 years ago

So I got to play a wonderful TSPP today, I really love the game! A lot. Such a drastic difference from MET. WOuld be a perfect compliment. I have a question though. So during one of my games I was able to get 2 balls onto the couch on the upper play field. I then lost.... I was expecting those balls to be ejected and roll to the bottom. However they did not. I started a second game, and got 1 ball up onto the couch and got multi ball immediately because the two balls from the previous game where still there. I have a hard time believing this is by design... But maybe I'm just crazy. Thanks guys seriously considering getting one!!

#2446 3 years ago

The balls carry over on the couch to the next game. If you shut pin off then when you restart pin they drop from couch before game play.

#2447 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

So I got to play a wonderful TSPP today, I really love the game! A lot. Such a drastic difference from MET. WOuld be a perfect compliment. I have a question though. So during one of my games I was able to get 2 balls onto the couch on the upper play field. I then lost.... I was expecting those balls to be ejected and roll to the bottom. However they did not. I started a second game, and got 1 ball up onto the couch and got multi ball immediately because the two balls from the previous game where still there. I have a hard time believing this is by design... But maybe I'm just crazy. Thanks guys seriously considering getting one!!

Pleade see andwer to this under your thread.

#2448 3 years ago
Quoted from Radrog:

Pleade see answer to this under your thread.

#2449 3 years ago

Please
My spell checker is not working on my cell phone.

#2450 3 years ago

Game isn't working right if you started mb on a new game, yet only locked one ball and were awarded locks for balls there from the previous game. There is a setting in the menu to release the balls from the couch after each game ends, but any balls left up there do not count as free locks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Burien, WA
$ 79.00
Playfield - Other
Pixels Arcade Games
There are 5212 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 105.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside