(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,251 posts
  • 706 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Gutterghoul
  • Topic is favorited by 327 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174044 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174050 (resized).jpg
IMG_6018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6024 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6023 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5977 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5974 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 146.
#2301 7 years ago

Pink is the same color as the car in the show, to me it's more authentic from that perspective only, but in general, it should not matter and I don't think one color commands more of a premium.

#2302 7 years ago

Either one looks good to me. I think the game is great and with LEDs every aspect of the game looks great.

#2303 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yea have a 2007 one coming and it seems to be the pink car . Not sure what I prefer .

2007?? This game was really in production for 4 years straight?

#2304 7 years ago

Yes it was, and i think another run may have been done in 2009, but not sure.

#2305 7 years ago

They don't call it the game that saved Stern for nothin'.

#2306 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes it was, and i think another run may have been done in 2009, but not sure.

Wow! I had no idea. Learned something new today, thanks lol

#2307 7 years ago
Quoted from PSU14:

Out of curiosity, what years/runs are these two pictures from?

I'll check exact dates when I get home but the darker colors are from 2003 and I think the lighter colors are from 2004. I feel like the colors of the lighter example came out even darker/enriched in the picture than they are in real life. There is a big difference in person. Look at the purple below the car.

#2308 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Pink is the same color as the car in the show, to me it's more authentic from that perspective only, but in general, it should not matter and I don't think one color commands more of a premium.

Nice meeting you and your wife at TPF, BTW. I pretty much agree. Ideal scenario would have been the pink car with the rest of the playfield using the richer colors. It does make a big difference when they are side by side...it's definitely not just the car

#2309 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Nice meeting you and your wife at TPF, BTW. I pretty much agree. Ideal scenario would have been the pink car with the rest of the playfield using the richer colors. It does make a big difference when they are side by side...it's definitely not just the car

Same for us, nice putting a name with a face!

My game is March 2003, pink car.

#2310 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

There is always talk and questions about the differences in playfield color/richness between the early and later run games. I just upgraded my TSPP to a mint condition example and it had the more washed out playfield. I'm glad I got the mint HUO game but definitely miss the colors in my previous game. I like the richer colors even if the red on the car isn't as true to the actual color of the car on the show. Curious to see what you guys think. "Washed out example" is on the right in both pics. The issue is that it's just not the car that is washed out...it's all the colors.

My original game is ip for sale here now from another pinsider: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-simpsons-pinball-party-21

#2311 7 years ago

I wish he was closer, I'd take it in a heartbeat. I'm so exhausted from looking everyday for one of these

#2312 7 years ago

Finished my backbox LED illumination. Standard light tube was removed. I do it from peace of wood and led stripes.

#2313 6 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Finished my backbox LED illumination. Standard light tube was removed. I do it from peace of wood and led stripes.
» YouTube video

Looks good! I did mine too, just fading effects.

#2314 6 years ago

I'm
In the club !!!

IMG_1059 (resized).JPGIMG_1059 (resized).JPG

IMG_1062 (resized).JPGIMG_1062 (resized).JPG

#2316 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I thought that too but I watched an episode the other day and the car was red.

#2317 6 years ago

Homer's car is pink, Marge's Station Wagon is red.

Quoted from netman63129:

#2318 6 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Watch the opening of the show, it's pink. The only red car is the canyonero.

#2319 6 years ago

I'm in the club! LOVE IT!!

20170321_220246 (resized).jpg20170321_220246 (resized).jpg

#2320 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Watch the opening of the show, it's pink. The only red car is the canyonero.

Marge has an orange station wagon. I think the Canyonero was only used in a single episode.

marges (resized).pngmarges (resized).png

homers (resized).jpghomers (resized).jpg

#2321 6 years ago

Hey guys couple tech questions . My game plays awesome made alien invasion tonight !! Have two small "issues"

1. Every once and a while ball doesn't kick all the way to the uppper pf , a second attempt usually works .

2. On rare occasion the ball falls off just before the end of the monorail ramp and into the Outlane.
Game is slightly off level maybe that will help?

#2322 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Hey guys couple tech questions . My game plays awesome made alien invasion tonight !! Have two small "issues"
1. Every once and a while ball doesn't kick all the way to the uppper pf , a second attempt usually works .
2. On rare occasion the ball falls off just before the end of the monorail ramp and into the Outlane.
Game is slightly off level maybe that will help?

1. Normal as long as second attempt works. If not make sure coil plunger is striking the ball properly in the center and everything is tight. Can be done from underneath.
2. Check your level, including the ramp itself, may need to be shimmed with a washer.

#2323 6 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Marge has an orange station wagon. I think the Canyonero was only used in a single episode.

Canyonero episode was solid. Too bad there wasn't a call out/song in the pin.

#2324 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

I'll check exact dates when I get home but the darker colors are from 2003 and I think the lighter colors are from 2004. I feel like the colors of the lighter example came out even darker/enriched in the picture than they are in real life. There is a big difference in person. Look at the purple below the car.

Cool. I didn't realize the color schemes weren't related to dates. Does the side art seem more faded in the lighter color run?

#2325 6 years ago
Quoted from PSU14:

Cool. I didn't realize the color schemes weren't related to dates. Does the side art seem more faded in the lighter color run?

Previously I owned a 2003 machine with the red car, now I have a 2009 machine with a pink car. The colors on the newer one do not look faded at all, just different. Side art on the newer machine is perfectly sharp and to me they are even better than on the older machine. That could also have something to do with the age I guess.

Just also put colorization on my RGB Led DMD. Looks very very good and for me it is a must have upgrade. Better than LCD to my eyes.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2326 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

1. Normal as long as second attempt works. If not make sure coil plunger is striking the ball properly in the center and everything is tight. Can be done from underneath.
2. Check your level, including the ramp itself, may need to be shimmed with a washer.

I shimmed the ramp with on washer and think problem solved .

Kick out usually works second time worst case ... next time I'm under the hood I'll check it though.

#2327 6 years ago
Quoted from PSU14:

Yes, the side art is definitely lighter on my run Wirth the lighter playfield

#2328 6 years ago

I'm in finally!!! I absolutely love this thing and it is pristine. 10 hr round trip to get it, but it was well worth it.

20170404_234547 (resized).jpg20170404_234547 (resized).jpg

20170404_234532 (resized).jpg20170404_234532 (resized).jpg

#2329 6 years ago

Damn that thing has all the toys!

#2330 6 years ago

By the way, any of you ever see these garish things before?

#2331 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I was actually looking at another one that had allot more toys than this. I think it literally had every toy that is on the market right now and because of that was almost 6k. It was just overkill in my opinion. I like them simple.

#2332 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

By the way, any of you ever see these garish things before?
» YouTube video

Cool idea, but they need to show them installed and in black.

#2333 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I see room for a few more.

#2334 6 years ago

How difficult or often is the reverse flipper mystery spot seen by casual players? Just curious if guests ever get to it or if it's really difficult.

#2335 6 years ago

It is difficult for me to get to and I would consider myself about as average a player as they come. When I shoot specifically for that I will get it maybe once out of ten games at best.

#2336 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

How difficult or often is the reverse flipper mystery spot seen by casual players?

With the settings all at their easiest, it's not unusual at all. Heck, this kid got to Alien Invasion with it set up that way:

WP_20151219_017 (resized).jpgWP_20151219_017 (resized).jpg

#2337 6 years ago

That's what I was hoping. I just think guests would love the reverse flippers among other modes as well.

#2338 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

With the settings all at their easiest, it's not unusual at all. Heck, this kid got to Alien Invasion with it set up that way:

This brings up a good point. I had my machine setup at around 6.5 to 7 but the bubble was not close to in the middle. It bothered me to see the bubble off so I adjusted so the it was within the lines but still not evenly between the lines. This moved the game to more around 8.5. It made the game much more difficult. What are the normal degrees when the bubble is between the lines for everyone else?

#2339 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

This brings up a good point. I had my machine setup at around 6.5 to 7 but the bubble was not close to in the middle. It bothered me to see the bubble off so I adjusted so the it was within the lines but still not evenly between the lines. This moved the game to more around 8.5. It made the game much more difficult. What are the normal degrees when the bubble is between the lines for everyone else?

You can't go by the bubble. They are notoriously inaccurate. I'd recommend a digital level with a built-in inclinometer. I use the one pictured below. There are also apps on your phone which will work in a pinch.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-digital-torpedo-level/p-00948295000P?plpSellerId=Sears&prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

Level (resized).jpgLevel (resized).jpg

#2340 6 years ago

I have the same digital level....

It's perfect for pinball machines.

#2341 6 years ago

So what settings in the menu or other set up changes make the modes easier to get to such as mystery spot?

#2342 6 years ago

What exactly should I be shooting for during the skill shot, and how do I start multi ball? I knocked all three targets down at the itchy scratchy hole and the multi light was lit on the field. I then shot for the hole and made it, but no multi ball started. What am I missing here?

#2343 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

So what settings in the menu or other set up changes make the modes easier to get to such as mystery spot?

One setting is to have the mode start be lit after each ball. That may be factory. I have mine set harder to light the mode start only after shooting a krusty/tv loop.

Quoted from sohchx:

What exactly should I be shooting for during the skill shot, and how do I start multi ball? I knocked all three targets down at the itchy scratchy hole and the multi light was lit on the field. I then shot for the hole and made it, but no multi ball started. What am I missing here?

Best skill shot is comic book guy target, only other is kwikemart, I think.

I&S mb is started by knocking targets down three times, then hit the hole.

#2345 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

How do you get to mystery spot ?

Complete all the hurry ups...I think.

#2346 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

How do you get to mystery spot ?

Mystery spot is achieved by hitting the Otto loop when the "Otto's Bus Tours" insert is lit. Each time you hit the Otto loop, while that insert is lit, 1 of 9, 2x scoring inserts will light. After you have lit all of the 2x scoring inserts, they will all fad in and out. Hit the Otto loop one more time to activate mystery spot mb. In order to relight the Otto loop you must hit the "light Otto" by hitting the standup target on the closest cooling tower or it can be lit through the garage "Clean the Garage" award.

As far as leveling the machine, I have a digital level which is how I know what degrees my machine is set at. I was just curious what others were at when the bubble was between the lines.

#2347 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Complete all the hurry ups...I think.

Completing all of the hurry ups will activate Secret Stash.

#2348 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

...and how do I start multi ball? I knocked all three targets down at the itchy scratchy hole and the multi light was lit on the field. I then shot for the hole and made it, but no multi ball started. What am I missing here?

Quoted from Lermods:

I&S mb is started by knocking targets down three times, then hit the hole.

I need to check my settings. My I&S MB doesn't start until I hit the saucer twice. If I hit the saucer once, and one or two targets are still up, the targets stay down ready for the second saucer hit to start mb. If all targets are already down, I still need to hit the saucer twice.

Edit: my I&S mb settings were set to 2 saucer hits to start. Check your settings. Yours may be set at 2 or higher.

#2349 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I need to check my settings. My I&S MB doesn't start until I hit the saucer twice. If I hit the saucer once, and one or two targets are still up, the targets stay down ready for the second saucer hit to start mb. If all targets are already down, I still need to hit the saucer twice.
Edit: my I&S mb settings were set to 2 saucer hits to start. Check your settings. Yours may be set at 2 or higher.

Mine too.

#2350 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

My I&S is set for two saucer hits, but the targets reset after each saucer hit whether all the targets are down or not. The first mb can activate without hitting all the targets down as long as you hit the saucer twice. Every mb after the first, I have to hit all the saucers down to advance to the next stage (light mb or activate mb).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
7,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fallston, MD
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wappingers Falls, NY
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 218.00
£ 70.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 7,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.