Topic Stats

• 5,205 posts
  • 523 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by davidlldennis
  • Topic is favorited by 229 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,172 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200803_172731 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200803_172719 (resized).jpg
61748168017__70815519-6ACF-4B73-BECF-7DC1FEA0408B (resized).jpeg
A0D68876-1930-4073-9648-8863380838AC (resized).jpeg
ACA2DF20-D27C-42C8-B9FD-A5B6E1DB6D2C (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200724_213531985 (resized).jpg
TSPPpin (resized).png
1DAD4D72-F2CE-49B6-A19F-D22A77DB4FE5 (resized).jpeg
3D10FBF1-4CD4-41CE-931C-F093D5A2C5D6 (resized).jpeg
3741CF5C-6136-4A22-8DA0-34448314306C (resized).jpeg
552DF7F9-C717-4A90-89AE-C350720A64D5 (resized).jpeg
A2229329-7606-4258-B5D2-B2AAA1BE5DBB (resized).jpeg
4A3E60C9-A32C-4416-BB5D-5E7DB2583194 (resized).jpeg
46AC71E6-1F8E-4525-9767-D7CB850C05AD (resized).jpeg
57A30AF3-F6B1-450B-8770-128ED0B91B71 (resized).jpeg
1B9CB73B-9B7C-4BE3-BD05-618B7699F20F (resized).jpeg

There are 5205 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 105.
#2251 3 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

... balls sometimes get stuck when ejecting from the couch. Any fix for this?

You probably have a bent couch bracket. Very common issue. You need to bend it back so it's at a 90 degree angle to the playfield and then reinforce it with this ...

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1893

#2252 3 years ago

Here's a photo of a game with the reinforcement bracket installed ...

f5b07011f1ccc41378826de369e44a4a780c5ed2 (resized).jpg

#2253 3 years ago

Anyone have a spare left slingshot plastic? Mine is broken

#2254 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You probably have a bent couch bracket. Very common issue. You need to bend it back so it's at a 90 degree angle to the playfield and then reinforce it with this ...
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1893

Quoted from gweempose:

Here's a photo of a game with the reinforcement bracket installed ...

Thank you!

#2256 3 years ago

listing was for $4600, which doesn't seem too outrageous, assuming it was as clean as pictures present, and it played perfectly. Headphone mod is a nice plus. Other toys and decorations you value at your own pace, so it's worth what you are willing to pay for it.
It killed me to drop $4400 on mine two years ago, but I don't regret it now.

#2257 3 years ago

Cool I don't know if the shooter wear and itchy wear are normal for a HUO game ? It does look nice overall though I'm looking to buy it from the guy who bought it from this listing ... think he payed the $4600 and wants the same ... if feel comfy at $4400 but who knows

#2258 3 years ago

how these games only sell in the 4K range is hard to understand. Deep rule set, great artwork, show voices, tons of shots and modes and a theme integration that is among the best there is.

#2259 3 years ago

Yea for some reason I have a TSPP bug , kinda outa room though but love my other games

#2260 3 years ago

I paid 4,600 for mine last month and couldn't be happier. I know that doesn't add too much to the conversation without pictures.

#2261 3 years ago

I think that would be a fair price at $4600. TSPP is a killer game a a huge value compared to prices of new premiums.

#2262 3 years ago

I am needing to update the rom for my pin from the 2.03 to the now 5.0, since I know very little, do any of the voice rome need to be replaced to fit with the new code of the 5.0? Any help is appreciated. Thank you

#2263 3 years ago
Quoted from Snwbrdrmidget15:

I am needing to update the rom for my pin from the 2.03 to the now 5.0, since I know very little, do any of the voice rome need to be replaced to fit with the new code of the 5.0? Any help is appreciated. Thank you

I believe the only audio update was done early on. From a readme file on the Stern site:

Sound Release 1.01
Sound 512k U7 $A7EE 1.01 spp101.u7
Changes from sound ROM v1.00
----------------------------
- Rebalanced voice calls vs. bg music.

This was in Jan 2003, so unless you have an early game - you probably already have this. Mine was running 1.04 when I got it and I already had 1.01 for the sound. If you're on 2.03 I would assume you're good to go. CPU and Display 5.0 and you're done.

#2264 3 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

I believe the only audio update was done early on. From a readme file on the Stern site:
Sound Release 1.01
Sound 512k U7 $A7EE 1.01 spp101.u7
Changes from sound ROM v1.00
----------------------------
- Rebalanced voice calls vs. bg music.
This was in Jan 2003, so unless you have an early game - you probably already have this. Mine was running 1.04 when I got it and I already had 1.01 for the sound. If you're on 2.03 I would assume you're good to go. CPU and Display 5.0 and you're done.

sweet thanks for the help

#2265 3 years ago

Hey TSPP owners, I am still looking for one but curious if any runs are preferred to others like 2003 vs 2006 etc....

Thanks!

#2266 3 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Hey TSPP owners, I am still looking for one but curious if any runs are preferred to others like 2003 vs 2006 etc....
Thanks!

The car in the center of the playfield seems to vary in color from pink to red. Different playfield runs, I assume.

There's also Homer's hair. Something that's on mine that I never even noticed until it was mentioned in this thread.

Some Homer's have a bit of a smudge/blob above his standard M hair:
hairblob (resized).jpg
(Photo taken from someone else earlier in the thread.)

I've never noticed anyone pricing things differently based on car color / hair blobiness though.

#2267 3 years ago

My TSPP has that "smudge"

#2268 3 years ago

Mine has the smudge hair and more color, newer prints are lighter in color overall and car is more pink. Don't think it really alters price. Personally I prefer the more colorful earlier PFs, but it's not that big a deal.

#2269 3 years ago

The pinkish car in the game matches the car in the show. Don't know why they switched to red. I prefer the pink car.

#2270 3 years ago

anybody have a resource that shows a video for removing the upper playfield? need to replace the VUK microswitch and would like a good "how to" in completely removing it with minimal struggle. Any help is appreciated.

#2271 3 years ago

anybody have a resource that shows a video for removing the upper playfield? need to replace the VUK microswitch and would like a good "how to" in completely removing it with minimal struggle. Any help is appreciated.

You do that from the bottom of the playfield. No need to remove upper.

#2272 3 years ago

As Brad already pointed out, there is no need to remove the upper playfield to replace that switch. That being said, it's very easy to remove the upper playfield. Just disconnect all the connectors underneath, making sure to label them, and then remove the black thumb screws from the top. Once you do this, it will lift right off. Be careful that the wiring harness doesn't get snagged on anything when you pull it through.

#2273 3 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

You do that from the bottom of the playfield. No need to remove upper.

Thanks, I guess I just assumed that was the process for replacing it.

#2274 3 years ago

working on #TSPP for pin2dmd. I dont have enoung time for get game rules, anybody can tell me how to win mystery shot, daredevil, secret stash and other missions? because i need make dump of this scenes.

#2275 3 years ago

So, I am trying to replace the bartman on my play field, I took it more apart then I needed and now I feel like I am missing a part, it seems like the plastic post that goes behind the ball need to be longer. Am I just crazy? Heres a photo of the parts I have. Is this all I need and am I just being paranoid that I am doing it wrong?

16990642_10158196364430507_95326249_o (resized).jpg

#2276 3 years ago

snwbrdrmidget15 check manual on page 90

2 weeks later
#2277 3 years ago

Well I'm gonna be joining he club , will be a little game coming from TPF and of course right after paying a local guy hits me up about a HUO one ! LOL

#2279 3 years ago

Don't think they're stock to the machine, so probably not?

Here's an alternate set. (That also includes the itchy & scratchy and garage door stickers as well it looks.)
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/the-simpsons-pinball-party/3793/target-decals-for-the-simpsons-party-pinball

#2280 3 years ago

Thanks pinball decals is such a rip !

#2281 3 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

»how to win mystery shot.

During Springfield Mystery Spot, you have to make all ten double scoring shots. Then, the garage door closes. You must hit the door and make a solid shot into it--all within a few seconds before it closes again. Doing so yields the super jackpot and you "win" Mystery Spot.

Edit:Flippers are reversed in this mode, too.

You get to Daredevil Mania by completing all four Daredevil modes. It's an untimed round where you must score 5 million points through shooting everything--bumpers, loops, ramps, targets, ect. Once you meet that quota, Daredevil Mania is completed.<blockquote

Quoted from vbobrusev:

»secret stash

Collect all six hurry-ups, then hit Comic Book Guy one more time to start Secret Stash. Every hurry-up begins flashing, and are worth a countdown value of 500,000. Collecting one stops, awards, and resets the value. The Comic Book Guy can be hit at any time to reset all hurry-ups. There's also a 2 million bonus award for making all six hurry-ups *without* hitting Comic Book Guy. To beat Secret Stash, you must collect ten hurry-ups.

Quoted from vbobrusev:

»other missions?

*Alien Invasion you get from at least starting all seven TV modes and then shooting the TV a final time when they're all over. It's a mode where you must lock a certain number of balls. Phase 1 involves locking two balls. Do so, and then you must lock three balls in the second stage, ect. The final stage tasks you with locking all five balls. Losing a ball when the ball saver is off moves you down a stage.

One ball can be locked in Itchy & Scratchy and Springfield Elementary, and two balls may be locked in the couch (the lit arrows/shots tell you which shots are available for locks). The timer is determined by the number of TV modes you've completed. Lock all five balls in the final stage to beat Alien Invasion.

*Scratchy's Revenge comes from playing through all four Itchy & Scratchy multiballs. Shots score jackpots, counting down to a super at the Itchy & Scratchy saucer. Super is lit at 15 jackpots - the number of super jackpots you've made in the other four multiballs. Get a super jackpot, and you win Scratchy's Revenge.

* Another goal for Super Duper Mega Extreme Wizard Mode is to make all 5 super jackpots in Couch Multiball.

* Pretzel Multiball is not a goal for SDMEWM, but is still there. Requires 26 Cletus Kids (or 26 left orbit shots). I don't know the rules to this one.

* Don't forget about the Treehouse of Horror modes if you want to capture those. Many of them available are timed rounds like Nuclear Disaster, Krusty's Nightmare, Apu's Giveaway, Captain's Bounty, and Crazy Extra Ball (light Treehouse by making enough right ramps, then shoot side left ramp to collect).
--
Phew. Hopefully that makes a little sense and helps with your project.

#2282 3 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

During Springfield Mystery Spot, you have to make all ten double scoring shots. Then, the garage door closes. You must hit the door and make a solid shot into it--all within a few seconds before it closes again. Doing so yields the super jackpot and you "win" Mystery Spot.

You get to Daredevil Mania by completing all four Daredevil modes. It's an untimed round where you must score 5 million points through shooting everything--bumpers, loops, ramps, targets, ect. Once you meet that quota, Daredevil Mania is completed.<blockquote

Collect all six hurry-ups, then hit Comic Book Guy one more time to start Secret Stash. Every hurry-up begins flashing, and are worth a countdown value of 500,000. Collecting one stops, awards, and resets the value. The Comic Book Guy can be hit at any time to reset all hurry-ups. There's also a 2 million bonus award for making all six hurry-ups *without* hitting Comic Book Guy. To beat Secret Stash, you must collect ten hurry-ups.

*Alien Invasion you get from at least starting all seven TV modes and then shooting the TV a final time when they're all over. It's a mode where you must lock a certain number of balls. Phase 1 involves locking two balls. Do so, and then you must lock three balls in the second stage, ect. The final stage tasks you with locking all five balls. Losing a ball when the ball saver is off moves you down a stage.
One ball can be locked in Itchy & Scratchy and Springfield Elementary, and two balls may be locked in the couch (the lit arrows/shots tell you which shots are available for locks). The timer is determined by the number of TV modes you've completed. Lock all five balls in the final stage to beat Alien Invasion.
*Scratchy's Revenge comes from playing through all four Itchy & Scratchy multiballs. Shots score jackpots, counting down to a super at the Itchy & Scratchy saucer. Super is lit at 15 jackpots - the number of super jackpots you've made in the other four multiballs. Get a super jackpot, and you win Scratchy's Revenge.
* Another goal for Super Duper Mega Extreme Wizard Mode is to make all 5 super jackpots in Couch Multiball.
* Pretzel Multiball is not a goal for SDMEWM, but is still there. Requires 26 Cletus Kids (or 26 left orbit shots). I don't know the rules to this one.
* Don't forget about the Treehouse of Horror modes if you want to capture those. Many of them available are timed rounds like Nuclear Disaster, Krusty's Nightmare, Apu's Giveaway, Captain's Bounty, and Crazy Extra Ball (light Treehouse by making enough right ramps, then shoot side left ramp to collect).
--
Phew. Hopefully that makes a little sense and helps with your project.

Plus reverse flippers, which I think is part of springfield mystery spot?

#2283 3 years ago

multibrawlr wow! Thanks! I already made dumps and colorized it from all of your listed missions except wizard mode and crazy extra ball. Will do it soon.

#2284 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Plus reverse flippers, which I think is part of springfield mystery spot?

Yep. Makes it all the more challenging.

#2285 3 years ago

Thanks for the breakdown in modes. I have activated Nuclear Disaster a few times, but get to excited to actually follow what I'm supposed to do in this mode (it has always said I fail). Can someone explain what the objective is in Nuclear Disaster and some of the other Treehouse of Horror modes?

#2286 3 years ago

Nunclear disaster hits are the bumpers. I've never completed it. Best think to do is hit the Kristy loop and have a mb going.

#2287 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Nunclear disaster hits are the bumpers. I've never completed it. Best think to do is hit the Kristy loop and have a mb going.

This is exactly what I had going yesterday. I hit the tree house ramp to activate it then activated couch mb. I know the bumpers were hit a fair amount, but when I lost the last ball I had failed Nuclear Disaster. Maybe I just need to hit the bumpers more.

#2288 3 years ago

Found this link in another Pinside thread it is very helpful and yes apparently I need to hit the bumpers more.

http://tiltforums.com/t/school-me-on-the-simpsons-pinball-party/832/30

#2289 3 years ago

Colorization for pin2dmd finished!

Hi,

I´m proud to present The Simpsons Pinball Party PIN2DMD colorization project which I started 2 months ago for my own pinball machine.
I never did anything like this before and I had to learn a lot how to get it done in the quality i wanted to have. One of the biggest
parts was to make all the recordings, using the pin2dmd tool, containing all the scenes of a gameplay. After all the time I have spent on this, I must admit that I would rather have paid somebody else 15-20$ to get a ready to use colorization, instead of doing it by myself.
That is why I ask you to support my job and if you want to have a copy of my work please make a donation by using this link

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=JLRAHFTD23UKU

I will send you 2 files you simply need to copy on the SD card and put it into your pin2dmd. I will also send you updates automatically
if available. Out of respect for my work and as a motivation for future projects, I kindly ask you not to forward these files to other users.
Please also report me if you get my work offered from other sources. Thank you !!

PIN2DMD firmware version 2.38 or later and Display ROM v5.0 in english is recommended, since all my work is based on this version
If you find any uncolorized scenes, or bugs, let me know, how you got it, or send me recordings / videos.

#2290 3 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Colorization for pin2dmd finished! All additional information will be announced tomorrow.

Looks great!!!

#2291 3 years ago

Sweet what's the cost on one of these for evening you need?

#2292 3 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Colorization for pin2dmd finished!

Oh hell yes!! I will get a donation fired off shortly, I got sidetracked on other projects and only colorized a half-dozen or so animations in the couple months I've had my pin2dmd installed.

Quoted from mandelbloom:

Sweet what's the cost on one of these for evening you need?

Depends on which solution you go for. I'm using pinballsp's black kit with the topper output but only the single display panel for now, think it came in under $300USD with overseas shipping. Uncle Sash is domestic though so you might want to check out his shield instead. I think FAST has a kit coming or ready also.

#2293 3 years ago

Hey guys, I have a question. What mods for this game are actually worth the money for this game outside of Cliffy's? I'm not talking cosmetics, I'm talking must haves in terms of protection and reliability. I have found some super nice, highly modded examples that I am contemplating purchasing but can't really figure out what mods on them I can do without. Are mods for this game easy to sell? Because I am thinking that's the route that I will go IE: strip the mods that I don't need and sell them. Can't seem to find a bone stock example which is what I ideally want to start with to tailor it to my liking.

#2294 3 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Hey guys, I have a question. What mods for this game are actually worth the money for this game outside of Cliffy's? I'm not talking cosmetics, I'm talking must haves in terms of protection and reliability. I have found some super nice, highly modded examples that I am contemplating purchasing but can't really figure out what mods on them I can do without. Are mods for this game easy to sell? Because I am thinking that's the route that I will go IE: strip the mods that I don't need and sell them. Can't seem to find a bone stock example which is what I ideally want to start with to tailor it to my liking.

So, if you don't want typical mods like lighted figures, etc, the game needs absolutely nothing. I have my game since I bought it in 2003 nib and I've done nothing to it in terms of protection or reliability except nvram. I wouldn't spend a dime on anything, the game is rock solid. If it's going to be huo, not even cliffys are needed. Mine still looks like it came out if the box and plays that way as well.

Edit: of course, if you want to add mods like the school bus, Kang and kodos and kwikemart sign, check out our pinside shop or we site

#2295 3 years ago

The kwikimart sign is very important.

#2296 3 years ago

There is always talk and questions about the differences in playfield color/richness between the early and later run games. I just upgraded my TSPP to a mint condition example and it had the more washed out playfield. I'm glad I got the mint HUO game but definitely miss the colors in my previous game. I like the richer colors even if the red on the car isn't as true to the actual color of the car on the show. Curious to see what you guys think. "Washed out example" is on the right in both pics. The issue is that it's just not the car that is washed out...it's all the colors.

playfield-comparison (resized).png
playfield-comparison-2 (resized).png

#2297 3 years ago

Out of curiosity, what years/runs are these two pictures from?

#2298 3 years ago
Quoted from PSU14:

Out of curiosity, what years/runs are these two pictures from?

Yeah I'm curios too. Now that I see this I can focus on seeking an example with the deeper colors. I had no idea that this was even a "thing" with this game.

#2299 3 years ago

The years don't matter. My game is from 2003 and has the pink car, but I've seen red cars from 2003 as well. I used to think red was from later runs, but that's not the case.

#2300 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The years don't matter. My game is from 2003 and has the pink car, but I've seen red cars from 2003 as well. I used to think red was from later runs, but that's not the case.

Yea have a 2007 one coming and it seems to be the pink car . Not sure what I prefer .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Boards
PinSound
There are 5205 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 105.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside