(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 146.
#2201 7 years ago

On the other hand, if you're starting a "Games I'll never beat ever no matter how much I practice" collection. It's a perfect start.

#2202 7 years ago

I'm looking for a quick game that I obviously enjoy playing, but can play while I'm waiting for a commercial break to end or just dont have a lot of time and want to get a game or two in. That's why I actually enjoy my TMNT game, I just want a little better game than TMNT. Thanks for all the ideas. What does SM or IM go for now?

#2203 7 years ago

I have 2 EMs next to TSPP. A great contrast.

IMG_20160926_065413 (resized).jpgIMG_20160926_065413 (resized).jpg

#2204 7 years ago

Apologies if this has been posted before but if it has and you can direct me .... great!

Looking to LED the inserts and want to know
A. where people order their LEDs from (thinking of Comet)
B. does anyone have a list of colors and numbers of LEDs ordered?

#2205 7 years ago

IMG_20170114_071222_658 (resized).jpgIMG_20170114_071222_658 (resized).jpg

#2206 7 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Apologies if this has been posted before but if it has and you can direct me .... great!

Comet or Cointaker
There are kits available but a lot of it is personal preferance. I bought a bunch of individual bulbs, color, brightness, etc. and just test out what looks good, then order as needed.

#2207 7 years ago

With LEDs, this game is probably the best candidate for LEDOCD. There are so many fade effects, LEDOCD helps the game restore the light show it shipped with after installing LEDs.

Quoted from meSz:

#2208 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

With LEDs, this game is probably the best candidate for LEDOCD. There are so many fade effects, LEDOCD helps the game restore the light show it shipped with after installing LEDs.

I put a LEDOCD in mine and it makes a huge difference, highly recommended.

#2209 7 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I did a kit from Pinballbulbs and it came with extra spots(4), ball through led strip and led strip for back of playfield. Very happy with the end result.

#2210 7 years ago

I went with Comet supreme faceted, cool white for the GI and color matched for the inserts. I'm thinking next time I go through it I'll experiment with some different types of bulbs in some of the inserts but don't have a plan just yet. Green LED strip under the apron and color changers up on the top of the backboard are the only offbeat things I've liked and kept.

#2211 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I put a LEDOCD in mine and it makes a huge difference, highly recommended.

You guys have a link to the ledOcd you recommend? Thanks!!

#2214 7 years ago

Very cool. I would love to see somebody do this same exact design in a translucent type plastic where it would could be dimly lit. Sparky, can you get on that please.

#2215 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Very cool. I would love to see somebody do this same exact design in a translucent type plastic where it would could be dimly lit. Sparky, can you get on that please.

So maybe something like Laserrific's style with a design like this?

TSPPtopper1 (resized).jpgTSPPtopper1 (resized).jpg

TSPPtopper2 (resized).jpgTSPPtopper2 (resized).jpg

#2216 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

So maybe something like Laserrific's style with a design like this?

Yeah, those are pretty cool. Where did you find those?

#2217 7 years ago

Both are laseriffic. I have the 2nd one and love it. Just email joe and he might be able to make you one.

#2218 7 years ago
Quoted from jalkelly:

Both are laseriffic. I have the 2nd one and love it. Just email joe and he might be able to make you one.

Emailed Joe. Thanks guys. -- Craig

#2219 7 years ago

I am getting ready to LED my TSPP. Comet led has natural white, sunlight and warm white. I think warm white would be too yellow but natural might be too white for the comic theme playfield. Sunlight is supposed to be in the middle. Anyone have suggestions? I just got a IMVE and the led are amazing looking. Natural white but it has that scifi theme.

#2220 7 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

I am getting ready to LED my TSPP. Comet led has natural white, sunlight and warm white. I think warm white would be too yellow but natural might be too white for the comic theme playfield. Sunlight is supposed to be in the middle. Anyone have suggestions? I just got a IMVE and the led are amazing looking. Natural white but it has that scifi theme.

I used sunlight for the GI in my TSPP, and I thought it was the perfect color for that game.

#2221 7 years ago

I used cool white for all my GI and color matched the inserts. I mixed in some blue with the cool white for the back board. I think it turned out nice. I would assume cool white is the same as natural white, but I have no idea if that's true. Good luck and show us how it turns out.

IMG_1976 (resized).JPGIMG_1976 (resized).JPG

#2222 7 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Quoted from gweempose:

I used sunlight for the GI in my TSPP, and I thought it was the perfect color for that game.

+1 on the sunlight in the GI.... looks perfect!

#2223 7 years ago

I went cool white on mine and have thought more than once that if I had it to do over, I'd have gone with sunlight instead. Splitting hairs though, probably.

#2224 7 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a topper? Would love to have the own for my tspp

#2225 7 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Anyone know where I can get a topper? Would love to have the own for my tspp

I have this one:

http://littleshopofgames.com/product/the-simpsons-topper/

It's pretty badass looking on the machine.

1 week later
#2226 7 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

I would also like to know if its possible to put a shaker in a TSPP.

Has anyone added a shaker?

#2227 7 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

I dont think its possible. To add one to lotr, you have to upgrade pal chip and have a special rom. Those dont exist for tspp.

#2228 7 years ago

If there is no code in the game to trigger the shaker, adding a shaker is dumb. Sometimes people will connect them to flashers or something else, but without discrete shaker code it's a waste of time.

Quoted from TimberOne:

#2229 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If there is no code in the game to trigger the shaker, adding a shaker is dumb. Sometimes people will connect them to flashers or something else, but without discrete shaker code it's a waste of time.

Not necessarily. I have one in my baywatch that is not supported by code. Works when the solenoids go off, so in the bumpers it feels nice.

#2230 7 years ago

My understanding with Baywatch is the "not used" solenoid it attaches to (#15) was for a shaker, it was coded for, just never added to the game during production.

#2231 7 years ago

Thinking of joining the club, whats a bone stock low play HUO TSPP worth?

#2232 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Thinking of joining the club, whats a bone stock low play HUO TSPP worth?

Obviously, it depends on condition. If it's in nice shape and there is no sign of any major wear, it's probably worth somewhere in the $4,500 range.

#2233 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Obviously, it depends on condition. If it's in nice shape and there is no sign of any major wear, it's probably worth somewhere in the $4,500 range.

That's exactly what I was thinking Awaiting pics but sounds like it could be "like new " but totally stock .

#2234 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That sounds about right as long as it's truly bone stock. Add colordmd, leds, ledocd, cliffys, speaker lights w/acrylics, and any misc mods and your easily into the $5500 range, especially for mint condition. Condition is king!! $4500 sounds like a great deal if it's mint, even at stock.

#2235 7 years ago

The donut shooter rod from pinball_customs arrived. It took a little while as Brock had to make me one, but it was well worth the wait.

IMG_3303 (resized).JPGIMG_3303 (resized).JPG

IMG_3304 (resized).JPGIMG_3304 (resized).JPG

#2236 7 years ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

The donut shooter rod from pinball_customs arrived. It took a little while as Brock had to make me one, but it was well worth the wait.

That's awesome! Now you gotta get the matching keychain ...

Donut Keychain (resized).jpgDonut Keychain (resized).jpg

#2237 7 years ago

I have a Duff Beer keychain for mine.

#2238 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I have a Duff Beer keychain for mine.

I have a Squishee for my keychain.

20170202_063550 (resized).png20170202_063550 (resized).png

#2239 7 years ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

I have that shooter rod, too. I didn't know Brock made that style when I emailed him about a year ago asking if he could make one. He emailed back with a picture saying, "You mean like this?" I like it much better than the Grandpa head or Homer sitting in the donut.

#2240 7 years ago

I just bought a TSPP and curious, where do you get the inside decals? Mine is currently in the mail heading my way!

#2241 7 years ago

Message @sillyoldelf. He has the best set out there.

#2242 7 years ago

Best looking, yes, but most easily damaged. I will probably end up pulling them out and either going without or replacing with one of the others on the market. They're a pain in the dick if you need to get under the hood very often.

Most of the guys who sell blades at shows have a TSPP set available but don't advertise due to licensing. Keep your eyes peeled for a sexy apron magnet soon.

1 week later
#2243 7 years ago

Here's a topper I just made for mine, hand cut and all out of wood. Just need to touch up the white ends with blue. I'll take some pictures on top of my game because I bought the matching pink T molding for the backbox too, so it should look pretty sweet.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2244 7 years ago

Getting a message in my diagnostics of possible broken switches.

#38 couch lock
#34 upper lock standup
#39 couch lock mid
#40 couch lock top
#52 pop side stand up
#57 left out lane

Anybody have a resource so I can see how to fix those messages? Any help is appreciated.

#2246 7 years ago

Put the game in test mode. Press a switch on your list, what happens?

Could be a short, or 100 other things.

Quoted from Snwbrdrmidget15:

Getting a message in my diagnostics of possible broken switches.
#38 couch lock
#34 upper lock standup
#39 couch lock mid
#40 couch lock top
#52 pop side stand up
#57 left out lane
Anybody have a resource so I can see how to fix those messages? Any help is appreciated.

#2247 7 years ago

I've long since gotten oven having a broken plastic in my TSPP - just not worth the cost of a full set when all I need is one piece, and impossible to source the one piece since it's the same piece most everyone with broken/missing pieces needs.

However - just noticed this.

ebay.com link: itm

NOTE - Not original pieces. Repros, and I have NO idea on the quality. To top it off, the complete set price is higher than I've seen original sets listed for.

However - read the full description. They're willing to make and send individual plastics. Of course the long part from the right side of the playfield is the most expensive, and shipping is a bit much (From Russia.) - but here's an actual source for getting that part individually.

Buyer beware, etc etc etc

#2248 7 years ago

Mylared the shooter lane and garage. Clear protector on the Itchy and Scratchy saucer is fantastic. The game plays super fast and furious, only thing being that balls sometimes get stuck when ejecting from the couch. Any fix for this?

#2249 7 years ago

Beatnik-Filmstar This is my plastic set listed on eBay, if you have questions you can ask thru messages. Shipping for large part cost expensive because it's very fragile and very big. i need to pack it very well if somebody want to get it not in broken condition.

#2250 7 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Beatnik-Filmstar This is my plastic set listed on eBay, if you have questions you can ask thru messages. Shipping for large part cost expensive because it's very fragile and very big. i need to pack it very well if somebody want to get it not in broken condition.

"From Russia with Love."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/45?hl=deafcon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.