(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 146.
#2151 7 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

In the Club ! WhOOOOOOOOoooo !

Good looking game. Where did you find it?

#2152 7 years ago

Congrats, thunderking! I have the same shooter rod, best custom shooter rod for any title IMO. Feels great in the hand for the CBG skill shot and really sturdy overall.

#2153 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Good looking game. Where did you find it?

Got it from a Pinball friend right here 20 minutes from Montreal
So happy i think i w'ont sleep tonight,i am like a 10 years old looking at
a Candy stand

Never though i would find a perfect one like this

#2154 7 years ago

Got it from a Pinball friend right here 20 minutes from Montreal
So happy i think i w'ont sleep tonight,i am like a 10 years old looking at
a Candy stand
Never though i would find a perfect one like this

Congratulations. That machine looks really nice.

Just to give a solution to my problem in case anyone else ever has the same issue. It turns out the solder is fine although poorly done. The problem was the nylon plunger was striking the cross bar and hanging up. I looked at the coil and realized it was loose in the bracket. After further evaluation I noticed there was nothing holding the coil sturdy in the lower bracket. Long story slightly shorter, I had the wrong coil sleeve without the small section theat fits down into the bracket. I found the original sleeve and installed it on the new coil and now she's good to go. Sorry for hijacking the thread with my issues, I will start a new thread next time I have an issue.

#2155 7 years ago

No worries, if it's TSPP it's on-topic! This is actually good for me to know as I picked up a new coil sleeve for the garage coil intending to replace it next time I have her apart.

#2156 7 years ago
Quoted from jalkelly:

Congrats, thunderking! I have the same shooter rod, best custom shooter rod for any title IMO. Feels great in the hand for the CBG skill shot and really sturdy overall.

That is a cool shooter rod. Does Anyone still sell it?

#2157 7 years ago

I am not really sure how to join this club, i started at the beginning of the thread...i guess I will start by saying I am in. I bought a HUO game a little over a year ago from a close friend- he had less than 100 games on it, and was going to move. we packed it up in the original box...and a bout a month before he moved ,i made and offer of $4000 for it. He cheerfully accepted. This will be as close as i will ever come to buying a NIB game.

I absolutely love the game, and play it every day. I have only completed 3 of the tasks to get to the wizard mode..Scratchy's Revenge,Secret Stash, and Daredevil Mania. I did it on factory settings. Does anyone know if there is a sequence of flipper hits to get to the puzzle screen to see what you have completed to get to the wizard mode. I have gone through the info by holding the flippers, but it never comes up other than when you immediately complete the task.

I hope that i am in this club.

#2158 7 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

That is a cool shooter rod. Does Anyone still sell it?

Got mine from bum318 on eBay. I messaged him directly and he had them on hand even though there were none listed. Worth a shot.

#2159 7 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

You are!

Quoted from sgorsuch:

Does anyone know if there is a sequence of flipper hits to get to the puzzle screen to see what you have completed to get to the wizard mode. I have gone through the info by holding the flippers, but it never comes up other than when you immediately complete the task.

I, too, would like to know how to make the "puzzle" screen appear.

#2160 7 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

I am not really sure how to join this club, i started at the beginning of the thread...i guess I will start by saying I am in. I bought a HUO game a little over a year ago from a close friend- he had less than 100 games on it, and was going to move. we packed it up in the original box...and a bout a month before he moved ,i made and offer of $4000 for it. He cheerfully accepted. This will be as close as i will ever come to buying a NIB game.
I absolutely love the game, and play it every day. I have only completed 3 of the tasks to get to the wizard mode..Scratchy's Revenge,Secret Stash, and Daredevil Mania. I did it on factory settings. Does anyone know if there is a sequence of flipper hits to get to the puzzle screen to see what you have completed to get to the wizard mode. I have gone through the info by holding the flippers, but it never comes up other than when you immediately complete the task.

100 play HOU from a buddy for 4k.

DEAL!

#2161 7 years ago

I would say it was great deal, and a great friendship as well.

I have had very few issues with the game, just adjusting a couple switches - one in the VUK- possibly the weight of 2 balls hit in rapid succession may have bent it. the switch in the Itchy/Scratchy hole needed a minor tweak.

The OPTO switch board in the trough needed aligning -as a random ball would jump into the shooter lane. Just tightened the 3 screws and Voila- back to normal play.

Has anyone ever made it to the wizard mode? I personally don't i will ever get there. thus far I have only illumnated Maggie in the Multi ball mode- man this is hard to do!

#2162 7 years ago

TSPP was my first pin. Grossly over paid for it and have added tons to it so it's never leaving. Little video of side decals, interactive back box lighting, super premium CT LEDs, color DMD, speaker lights and Duff grills, and several other playfield Mods for those interested.

#2163 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Little video of side decals, interactive back box lighting, super premium CT LEDs, color DMD, speaker lights and Duff grills, and several other playfield Mods ....

Love the conversation in the background!

#2164 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Love the conversation in the background!

Ha. Didn't even notice. That's what happens when you have too many kids!

#2165 7 years ago

Hi! I have issue with GI on my TSPP when i press on flipper buttons - gi illumination is dimming... i check voltage on J14 gerular voltage is 5.4v but when i press on flipper buttons - voltage drop until 5.2v somebody have same issue like me? How i can solve it?

#2166 7 years ago

Managed to break the top most triangle LED on my "mode progress" list when removing the upper playfield. Anyone know where these little triangles can be obtained or do I need a whole new board?

#2167 7 years ago

All of the sudden my start button seems to be less responsive almost intermittent. Any idea what to look at?

#2168 7 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

All of the sudden my start button seems to be less responsive almost intermittent. Any idea what to look at?

Test it in switch test mode, still intermittent?
Check connections, still not working?
Remove the switch from black housing and test it again, still not working?
Replace the switch. $5 at pinball life. You'll need a diode.

Switch is removed from housing by turning it in the black housing (counterclockwise if you are looking down at it) then pull it out.

#2169 7 years ago

OMG this game is so GOOOOOD !

Been playing a lot since i got the game 2 weeks ago and reading the rulesheets to understand the rules
and wow so many ways to play this game i love it,love the callouts the dots the rules the look , i'm in Love

Wainting on 4 color dmd's i ordered last week

#2170 7 years ago

OMG this game is so GOOOOOD !

thunderking50 -- Sure is!!! Here's a lovefest thread you might enjoy! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-is-the-best

#2171 7 years ago

Agreed, TSPP is awesome! It's got everything. I never get tired of seeing how many things I can stack, complete, and bring into multiball. Call outs, choreography, and sounds are all amazing.

#2172 7 years ago

I own a TSPP. Recently my game has started randomly displaying a Checksum $F0FF code during attract mode. At the same time a "beep" is made and the TV display says "TEST". I installed a Color DMD roughly a year ago and haven't had any trouble since then. Not that familiar with diagnosing codes on this era of Stern machines. I'm curious if any other owners had have similar experiences. Game seems to play fine, doesn't seem to matter if I reboot the game. The beep is the annoying part.

#2173 7 years ago

Is the game resetting / rebooting, or just those symptoms?

Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

I own a TSPP. Recently my game has started randomly displaying a Checksum $F0FF code during attract mode. At the same time a "beep" is made and the TV display says "TEST". I installed a Color DMD roughly a year ago and haven't had any trouble since then. Not that familiar with diagnosing codes on this era of Stern machines. I'm curious if any other owners had have similar experiences. Game seems to play fine, doesn't seem to matter if I reboot the game. The beep is the annoying part.

#2174 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Is the game resetting / rebooting, or just those symptoms?

Just those symptoms. And from what I see, it's random.

#2175 7 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Call outs, choreography, and sounds are all amazing.

The sounds is decent, but the hurry up music annoys the shit out of me, and it is constantly playing.

#2176 7 years ago

anybody know where you can purchase the pink doughnut shooter rod? Thanks in advance. -- Craig

#2177 7 years ago

Has anyone heard of or own a tspp that was a small run produced in 2009 ? Apparently there was 50 made ? That is the story behind my particular game . Can ad pics of sn with dates . Would also be inclined to join club , I've had tspp for about 9 months . It's are households favourite game we have played to date !

#2178 7 years ago
Quoted from Lord_of_the_pins:

Has anyone heard of or own a tspp that was a small run produced in 2009 ? Apparently there was 50 made ? That is the story behind my particular game . Can ad pics of sn with dates . Would also be inclined to join club , I've had tspp for about 9 months . It's are households favourite game we have played to date !

Yes ! I have one also. It was unboxed in 2013 and got all the mods and cliffies there are and last year I could buy it with only 200 games played. It looks like new and all the metal has been powder brushed yellow. Only game that I will never sell as long as I have Pinball machines.

#2179 7 years ago

May have found the cause of my problem. Like I said, was getting an error code and it was totally random. Game was still playing "right". Played it bit more and started getting some strange messages along with a very sensitive tilt. So I opened the coin door and found that the documentation or more precisely the bag that it is in had shifted to a location where it was in contact with the tilt bob. It wasn't completely fouling the bob but was oh so close. IOW, the slightest movement would cause a light contact. I've played a few games and left the game powered up for a while. No more error codes are being shown. If this isn't the complete issue, I'll be back for more advice. Had this game for some time and besides replacing some of the light bulbs on the playfield, game hasn't been a problem at all. A couple of the bulbs are a real joy to access if you've had the experience.

#2180 7 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Yes ! I have one also. It was unboxed in 2013 and got all the mods and cliffies there are and last year I could buy it with only 200 games played. It looks like new and all the metal has been powder brushed yellow. Only game that I will never sell as long as I have Pinball machines.

Wow that's cool . Mine was the only one I ever heard of like that . Yup defiantly a keeper !!! Thanks for the reply !

#2181 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

anybody know where you can purchase the pink doughnut shooter rod? Thanks in advance. -- Craig

Mezelmods, but currently sold out.

#2182 7 years ago

. Had this game for some time and besides replacing some of the light bulbs on the playfield, game hasn't been a problem at all. A couple of the bulbs are a real joy to access if you've had the experience.

Glad you solved it (fingers crossed).

Yes many of the bulbs aren't fun to access. It makes LEDs especially under the ramps in the GI that much more important to do!

#2183 7 years ago

I have found that changing the hard to get to bulbs from underneath the playfield is easier.

#2184 7 years ago

New to pinside and now a new owner of TSPP. It arrived yesterday with 350 plays on the counter. I have to say, my first impression is that TSPP is quite addicting. I am just beginning to scratch the surface of the rules.

#2185 7 years ago
Quoted from PSU14:

New to pinside and now a new owner of TSPP. It arrived yesterday with 350 plays on the counter. I have to say, my first impression is that TSPP is quite addicting. I am just beginning to scratch the surface of the rules.

Enjoy! It is a great game

#2186 7 years ago

Joined the club this weekend... hauling my TSPP back from Chicago to Minnesota. Undocumented HUO in awesome condition. Unfortunately, due to a work travel schedule this week, it's currently still wrapped up nicely in my garage and might be there for a few days or more. I feel like a kid at Christmas waiting to open presents.

Very thankful to have met an awesome pinsider (and moderator) @gweempose, with the absolute nicest collection of pins I've seen to date. I have a feeling that this trip is gonna cost me way more then the price of this one pin!! Subwoofers, PDI glass, and a ton of mods seem to be in my future.

#2187 7 years ago

I saw some powder coated tspp in yellow green but that's it
Anyone did other colors , I am thinking of Candy purple

#2188 7 years ago

What has everyone found to be a good compliment game to TSPP? I have room for two games and right now it's TSPP and TMNT. I actually like TMNT, but am looking for a bit of an upgrade. The price range is around the $2,000 and my first thought is a T2. What have you all found to be a good sidekick game for TSPP in that price range?

#2189 7 years ago

In a small collection, next to TSPP, I would pick something fast and flowy. SM, ACDC, Getaway, RZ come to mind.

For $2Kish, Getaway, DM, JD, Shadow

Quoted from Monk:

What has everyone found to be a good compliment game to TSPP? I have room for two games and right now it's TSPP and TMNT. I actually like TMNT, but am looking for a bit of an upgrade. The price range is around the $2,000 and my first thought is a T2. What have you all found to be a good sidekick game for TSPP in that price range?

#2190 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

In a small collection, next to TSPP, I would pick something fast and flowy. SM, ACDC, Getaway, RZ come to mind.
For $2Kish, Getaway, DM, JD, Shadow

I agree with those first couple of games, but if I had that kind of funding I would pick up a Metallica Pro immediately. I will have to look into the others. I have not seen a Shadow for sale in my area in a long time.

#2191 7 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I agree with those first couple of games, but if I had that kind of funding I would pick up a Metallica Pro immediately. I will have to look into the others. I have not seen a Shadow for sale in my area in a long time.

T2 is a great game! Wcs also good in this price range as is hs2 and even roadshow or whirlwind. Bump up to 3k range and you can start to look for sopranos or rbion,.

#2192 7 years ago

I just picked up a Sopranos and it's awesome, but I wouldn't recommend Ripley's, It's too stop and go, I'd put a fast game next a TSPP in a two game collection.

Quoted from Lermods:

Bump up to 3k range and you can start to look for sopranos or rbion,.

I personally think Metallica is an awful game

Quoted from Monk:

but if I had that kind of funding I would pick up a Metallica Pro immediately.

#2193 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I just picked up a Sopranos and it's awesome, but I wouldn't recommend Ripley's, It's too stop and go, I'd put a fast game next a TSPP in a two game collection.

I personally think Metallica is an awful game

I played a sopranos the other day and liked it, but it's not quite kid friendly enough for my 5 and under boys. I did try to buy a RBION before I bought the TSPP (how greatful I was that the seller did not take my offer), but I don't think it is fast and flowing enough to be next to TSPP. I'm surprised you dislike Metallica that much. To be honest I haven't even played it yet so comments like that cool my fire a little. Thanks.

#2194 7 years ago

If you want fast and flowy, look for a JM or NF.

#2195 7 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

In that price range I'd say look for a Getaway. Very fast game. Or even High speed might be easier to find for that price. I have my Getaway on one side of Simpsons and Metallica on the other. Both are a great match for Simpsons.

#2196 7 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Have you considered an early solid state? Maybe something like a Paragon or a Flash Gordon?

#2197 7 years ago

If I found an even halfway decent Shadow for $2K, I'd probably buy it on the spot.

#2198 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Have you considered an early solid state? Maybe something like a Paragon or a Flash Gordon?

No I haven't, but I will now. It obviously comes down to what comes up for sale locally as I don't want to tackle the shipping aspect of the deal, but now I can keep my eyes open for more games that will go with my Simpsons. NF would be a good one. I like the theme and it is definitely fast enough.

#2199 7 years ago

Lord of the Rings is the best companion!

Well not the only choice but it's a good one.

IMG_0950 (resized).JPGIMG_0950 (resized).JPG

#2200 7 years ago

I don't agree. TSPP can already go 30+ minutes a game, think he should get a game that can be played a bit quicker. LOTR is also a game with extremely long ball times.

Quoted from RVApinballer:

Lord of the Rings is the best companion!
Well not the only choice but it's a good one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
$ 16.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Springfield, MO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.