Topic Stats

• 5,203 posts
  • 523 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by D-Gottlieb
  • Topic is favorited by 229 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,172 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200803_172731 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200803_172719 (resized).jpg
61748168017__70815519-6ACF-4B73-BECF-7DC1FEA0408B (resized).jpeg
A0D68876-1930-4073-9648-8863380838AC (resized).jpeg
ACA2DF20-D27C-42C8-B9FD-A5B6E1DB6D2C (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200724_213531985 (resized).jpg
TSPPpin (resized).png
1DAD4D72-F2CE-49B6-A19F-D22A77DB4FE5 (resized).jpeg
3D10FBF1-4CD4-41CE-931C-F093D5A2C5D6 (resized).jpeg
3741CF5C-6136-4A22-8DA0-34448314306C (resized).jpeg
552DF7F9-C717-4A90-89AE-C350720A64D5 (resized).jpeg
A2229329-7606-4258-B5D2-B2AAA1BE5DBB (resized).jpeg
4A3E60C9-A32C-4416-BB5D-5E7DB2583194 (resized).jpeg
46AC71E6-1F8E-4525-9767-D7CB850C05AD (resized).jpeg
57A30AF3-F6B1-450B-8770-128ED0B91B71 (resized).jpeg
1B9CB73B-9B7C-4BE3-BD05-618B7699F20F (resized).jpeg

There are 5203 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 105.
#2051 3 years ago

There was one on cl locally for 3k but that turned out to be a fake ad. He answered my email asking for my phone number and never called back. Why not just email me his phone number?

#2052 3 years ago

CL is a waste of time.

#2053 3 years ago

Doesn't necessarily mean it's fake. Could be someone offered more between getting your email and calling you back.

Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

There was one on cl locally for 3k but that turned out to be a fake ad. He answered my email asking for my phone number and never called back. Why not just email me his phone number?

#2054 3 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

CL is a waste of time.

I bought my TSPP six months ago from CL. A great seller and a solid machine.

#2055 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Doesn't necessarily mean it's fake. Could be someone offered more between getting your email and calling you back.

One red flag on this ad is that he responded to my email saying there were 4 others interested and I emailed him first off his ad. He wanted me to email him my phone number?? C'mon. He could have emailed me his number if he was serious. No photos other than stock photos in the ad. The big red flag was the price. No way.

#2056 3 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

Timber and Sparechange...may I ask what you paid for your machines given the low plays?

4500. Excellent condition.

#2057 3 years ago

Modded my backbox, removing the tube and replacing with leds. I have warm white strips on the bottom half and colored strips on the top. These are not tied to the game, just have some fading effects installed.

#2058 3 years ago

The weld arrived today, and my couch is officially fixed. Thanks again to all who helped out with advice. You know how to treat the new guy well!!

#2059 3 years ago

Glad to hear it! You'll be a regular pinball repairman with a room full of pins in no time! Haha

#2060 3 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Glad to hear it! You'll be a regular pinball repairman with a room full of pins in no time! Haha

That's no joke - TSPP was my first and this week marks one year since I got it. Things are escalating rapidly.

IMG_0744 (resized).JPG

#2061 3 years ago

If anyone needs a Scratchy (Cat)... 4.65$ shipped:

ebay.com link » 3 Scratchy From Simpsons Itchy Scratchy Show Figure Free S H Buy Lots

#2062 3 years ago
Quoted from BlobfishXL:

If anyone needs a Scratchy (Cat)... 4.65$ shipped:
ebay.com link ยป 3 Scratchy From Simpsons Itchy Scratchy Show Figure Free S H Buy Lots

Argh, I need Itchy's weapon.

#2063 3 years ago

You all had great advice last time, and I'm hoping you've got it again. Last night there was a significant lag between when a ball shot into the garage made it up to the upper playfield. Just tried again and it's the same situation. Noticed it from the treehouse ramp too. Many times it won't go up until the machine goes into "lost ball" mode. It doesn't seem to be getting stuck anywhere (I can see it through the hole of the upper playfield while I wait), and it always eventually pops up, usually after eating a good 10-15 seconds off my TV.

Anybody have any ideas on that?

#2064 3 years ago

Bad switch, adjust or replace. Can be done from underneath. Basically, switch isn't registering when ball lands in the saucer. Buy more than one switch, they are common on the game.

#2065 3 years ago

Twirt - Most likely the forked switch at the VUK . Same as the one at the I&S hole .They are known to be trouble makers . Best to have a couple as spares .

#2066 3 years ago
Quoted from Twirt:

You all had great advice last time, and I'm hoping you've got it again. Last night there was a significant lag between when a ball shot into the garage made it up to the upper playfield. Just tried again and it's the same situation. Noticed it from the treehouse ramp too. Many times it won't go up until the machine goes into "lost ball" mode. It doesn't seem to be getting stuck anywhere (I can see it through the hole of the upper playfield while I wait), and it always eventually pops up, usually after eating a good 10-15 seconds off my TV.
Anybody have any ideas on that?

It's almost certainly a bad switch. You can try adjusting it, but you'll probably need a new one. The good news is that it can be replaced from underneath without having to remove the upper playfield.

#2067 3 years ago

Last time that happened to me, it was a piece of paper towel that must've torn off during cleaning and eventually made its way up there to block the fork switch. Burst of compressed air took care of that.

#2068 3 years ago

Comet LED pop bumper in cyan. I'd like to put in Noflix bumper bodies down the road.

IMG_0766 (resized).JPG

#2069 3 years ago

Looking to install some TSPP decals on the inside sides of the cabinet. Looks like the instructions say to remove the play field entirely for the installation. Just curious if anyone has installed the decals from pinballdecals.com and if you have recommendations on how to do the installation (i.e. remove playfield or not, wet with soapy water or not, etc.)

Appreciate any feedback.

Craig

#2071 3 years ago

What price would you put on this game? I don't have much info on it other than these few low res pics. But as you can see, at least one side has pretty sever flipper button wear, so I'm guessing there is at least wear on the other button, and probably on the start button.

TSPP 1 (resized).jpg
TSPP 2 (resized).jpg
TSPP 3 (resized).jpg

#2072 3 years ago

$2,000. With no other info, and the obvious fact that this game has been played a ton, I'd expect battery corrosion. Also, it's pretty easy to spend $600 on TSPP if your figures can't be cleaned well, ramps broken, 5 flippers to rebuild....

Quoted from Bugsy:

What price would you put on this game? I don't have much info on it other than these few low res pics. But as you can see, at least one side has pretty sever flipper button wear, so I'm guessing there is at least wear on the other button, and probably on the start button.

#2073 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

$2,000. With no other info, and the obvious fact that this game has been played a ton, I'd expect battery corrosion. Also, it's pretty easy to spend $600 on TSPP if your figures can't be cleaned well, ramps broken, 5 flippers to rebuild....

I can't imagine how trashed a TSPP would have to be to get a seller to consider $2,000 as a reasonable offer. If it was even a low-end player's machine you could get by with more like $100 worth of parts to get it up to being satisfactory--unless the ramps were shattered to pieces you could ignore them if it's best-case scenario is to be a decent player after going over it. Dirty figures? Take a rag and some cleaner to them...or maybe a magic eraser for spot cleaning them. Sure, check the boards and make sure those look to be in good shape because THAT'S where it could get near $600 if they are non-working.

#2074 3 years ago

You haven't pulled games out of some of the places I've pulled games out from. I owned a TSPP where the figures wouldn't clean up no matter what I did. The game had raised inserts, lots of the inserts are small and on for long periods of time. Rebuilding 5 flippers is a pain in the ass. The ramp under the garage is cracked, and probably another severely based on that flipper wear. And the flipper wear, can't fix that. How much is a replacement MPU the one that might be soaked in battery acid.

As is, no info, based on what I see I assume the game has all those issues. With missing information it's better safe than sorry.

Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I can't imagine how trashed a TSPP would have to be to get a seller to consider $2,000 as a reasonable offer. If it was even a low-end player's machine you could get by with more like $100 worth of parts to get it up to being satisfactory--unless the ramps were shattered to pieces you could ignore them if it's best-case scenario is to be a decent player after going over it. Dirty figures? Take a rag and some cleaner to them...or maybe a magic eraser for spot cleaning them. Sure, check the boards and make sure those look to be in good shape because THAT'S where it could get near $600 if they are non-working.

#2075 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You haven't pulled games out of some of the places I've pulled games out from. I owned a TSPP where the figures wouldn't clean up no matter what I did. The game had raised inserts, lots of the inserts are small and on for long periods of time. Rebuilding 5 flippers is a pain in the ass. The ramp under the garage is cracked, and probably another severely based on that flipper wear. And the flipper wear, can't fix that. How much is a replacement MPU the one that might be soaked in battery acid.
As is, no info, based on what I see I assume the game has all those issues. With missing information it's better safe than sorry.

Ok, but that's a bit dramatic based on the machine pictured. It appears to power on with a working DMD. So I think we can rule out soaked in battery acid and trashed to the point of being unplayable. You at least can see there isn't major wear on the main part of the playfield. Sure, there's probably some scoop wear, but at 2k the middle of the playfield would be bare wood--and you wouldn't get there by niggling over an imperfection on one or two inserts since the ones pictured look passable. I'd imagine before making an offer a buyer would have a better view of the machine in question than just offering a worst case scenario offer of 2k.

#2076 3 years ago

I am officially in the club! This mint condition, HUO, low plays machine shipped today! I should have it next week.

IMG_0581 (resized).JPG

s-l1600 (1) (resized).jpg

s-l1600 (2) (resized).jpg

s-l1600 (5) (resized).jpg

s-l1600 (3) (resized).jpg

s-l1600 (4) (resized).jpg

s-l1600 (6) (resized).jpg

s-l1600 (8) (resized).jpg

s-l1600 (7) (resized).jpg

s-l1600 (9) (resized).jpg

s-l1600 (10) (resized).jpg

s-l1600 (11) (resized).jpg

#2077 3 years ago

Congrats that machine looks awesome

#2078 3 years ago

I also just picked one up. I got it from a local game distributor who took it on trade from an arcade. It is in decent shape for being on location with obvious wear around the flippers, but surprisingly next to none around the start button. The garage door needs the stronger coil and the roms need to be updated, but all in all I think it is in good shape. The boards are very clean as well as under the playfield.

I was going to wait and start slowly putting items into it, but I put some left over LEDs i had around into it and now i can't wait. I ordered color coded LEDs, NVRam, the updated roms, and the stronger coil. I probably will wait on the color DMD do to the price.

The pictures where the machine is shut off is from the distributor. The one picture with it on is after I installed a few random LEDs. So far I love this machine and honestly think I got a great deal.

IMG_1759 (resized).JPG
IMG_1760 (resized).JPG
IMG_1797 (resized).JPG

#2079 3 years ago

My personal list of TSPP fixes needed, in order of importance:

1. Couch weld fix
2. Upgraded coil and plunger for garage door (plunger gets a flat spot causing it to not open all the way)
3. Cliffys, especially on the garage door ramp, the lip in there is fragile
4. Latest ROM
5. Sound hum fix https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-speaker-humbuzz-fixed
6. PI-SIM http://www.flippp.fr/pisim.php?lg=en

#2080 3 years ago

Anyone install the garage door Cliffy and notice fewer "makes" on the garage door shot? I might be crazy, but I think that ever since I installed the Cliffy on the garage door ramp, (which was not broken) the shot ends up going to the Cletus orbit a little more often.

Quoted from mavantix:

3. Cliffys, especially on the garage door ramp, the lip in there is fragile

#2081 3 years ago

Steve at Pinball Refinery put my TSPP into nuclear meltdown mode! I leveled my flippers since this picture was taken. I also have Sillyoldelf's decals ready to install.

20161208_152051 (resized).jpg

20161208_152143 (resized).jpg

20161208_152225 (resized).jpg

#2082 3 years ago

PDI glass and a color dmd will complete your upgrade.

#2083 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

PDI glass and a color dmd will complete your upgrade.

Yeah, there's some glare in that picture and I think TSPP is the best game to put ColorDMD on, but I have to get better at this game before I put any more money in it. I had one a year ago and I feel like I'm better at it this time around, but damn I feel like I have a good ball, look up at the score and I still haven't even cleared 10 million on my total score.

I know the basic strategy is to start a bunch of modes, try to get multiball and clear the modes in the process before the timer runs out. I gotta watch some videos of others who know how to play the game.

#2084 3 years ago

Two new owners and no TV in those pics!

20161016_143913 (resized).jpg

#2085 3 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Yeah, there's some glare in that picture and I think TSPP is the best game to put ColorDMD on, but I have to get better at this game before I put any more money in it

You won't regret it. This is by far my favorite title from Stern. You never get tired of playing it. If they could ever reproduce it again with the new technology they did on Batman I would buy it so fast. Since the code is done on that one I wonder how quick they could port it to spike? That would be something, a brand new pin which is code complete on delivery.

#2086 3 years ago

Things to do to a newly picked up HUO (or not) TSPP:

-Clear flipper button protectors
-Mylar over the paint in the shooter lane
-Mylar the ball drops
-(Was this one of the games where some versions had pop mylar and some didn't?)
-Clear Itchy and Scratchy protector
-Cliffy's for the main and side ramp + garage door ramp under the mini
-Update the EEPROMS to the latest version
-Remote battery holder or NVRAM

#2087 3 years ago

Sparky's mod is great.

I had the TV in my TSPP and my kids loved watching Itchy & Scratchy just as much as playing the game.

#2088 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Two new owners and no TV in those pics!

Just getting started. I have to spread it out a little bit.

#2089 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Anyone install the garage door Cliffy and notice fewer "makes" on the garage door shot? I might be crazy, but I think that ever since I installed the Cliffy on the garage door ramp, (which was not broken) the shot ends up going to the Cletus orbit a little more often.

I didn't notice any difference. Stronge shots make it every time.

#2090 3 years ago

Just finished a playfield swap to one that was done by HEP.

IMG_2102 (resized).JPG

#2091 3 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Just finished a playfield swap to one that was done by HEP.

Love the blue flipper rubbers. Never considered that. Good choice.

Never done a playfield swap. For the metal wire ball guides. How do you get them out of the old playfield without damaging/bending them. Do you pre drill the new playfield or just hammer them in. How do you hammer them in without bending them. How do you get them at the proper height?

I know lots of questions... Sorry.

#2092 3 years ago

No problem. I tapped the old guides out from the backside of the game. My ghetto trick for not having to pre drill a new playfield is to take a fine Phillips head screw driver and work the dimple a bit. Tapping in the guides is easier with a second set of hands if you can get someone to hold them in place. In my experience you can see how far they're supposed to be tapped in because the metal is a slight different shade.

I did a fish tales playfield swap recently and tspp was much easier overall.

#2093 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

That's possible. The Cliffy might add a little to the height of the receiving ramp. I put mine under the plastic ramp and reinforced it with epoxy.

#2094 3 years ago

So I have been able to play my new to me TSPP a few times now and have some questions/concerns.

1. When I get the I&S shot, sometimes when the ball is release I shoot it right back to the hole before the drop targets reset. This puts the ball behind the drop targets forcing the VUK to shoot the ball into the back of the drop targets. I updated the roms yesterday to v5 hoping it would solve this issue, but it did not. Does this happen to anyone else and if so is there a fix? Does it have something to do with the drop targets not getting the signal to lower before the ball is ejected?

2. When I get the couch multi-ball and then get the I&S multi-ball the machine only kicks out 4 total balls. I thought with both multi-balls activated there should be 5 total balls in play. This is not a huge deal as I can barely manage 4 at a time, but I would like the machine to work as it should.

Thanks in advance for any input you TSPP veterans can give me.

#2095 3 years ago

What code are you running? Older code didn't properly dropen the targets. Newest code is 5.0.

Should be 5 balls with I&S and couch mb running.

#2096 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What code are you running? Older code didn't properly dropen the targets. Newest code is 5.0.

By code I assume you mean the update roms, correct? I installed 5.0 for both the display and the cpu yesterday. Did not change the problem.

#2097 3 years ago

So maybe I misunderstood. You are saying the ball exits the i&s hole fine, but hits the flipper or somewhere else and bounces back in the hole? The targets are supposed to drop whenever hole switch is hit so not sure why yours aren't resetting. Try a factory reset to see if it helps or try to change the angle of the coil so the ball hits somewhere else and doesn't bounce back in the hole.

#2098 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

So maybe I misunderstood. You are saying the ball exits the i&s hole fine, but hits the flipper or somewhere else and bounces back in the hole? The targets are supposed to drop whenever hole switch is hit so not sure why yours aren't resetting. Try a factory reset to see if it helps or try to change the angle of the coil so the ball hits somewhere else and doesn't bounce back in the hole.

Yes that is exactly what is happening. The machine did a factory reset when switching out the roms, but I will try it again now that it is actually in place along with the NVRam. It ejects to my left flipper and my instincts tell me to hit the flipper button immediately as the ball is flying toward the flipper. I am working on not being so reactionary and this problem rarely occurs if I just let the ball bounce off the flipper. Thanks for the input.

Ill have to check on the I&S and Couch mb to make sure it is actually only kicking 4 out. It might be 5 I have a hard time counting them all with so much going on. Ill have to do it by hand with the glass off.

#2099 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Are you sure? Thought the I&S multiball just added another 1 ball to the playfield. So if you have 3 running in CMB, wouldn't I&S just add another 1 ball for a total of 4?

#2100 3 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Are you sure? Thought the I&S multiball just added another 1 ball to the playfield. So if you have 3 running in CMB, wouldn't I&S just add another 1 ball for a total of 4?

I believe this is exactly what is happening with mine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 430.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
There are 5203 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 105.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside