(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,284 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by FatPanda
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 146.
#152 10 years ago
Quoted from Elfman:

I am looking to replace the rubber just to the right of the garage. This is one of the large black posts that supports the upper playfield.

I stacked some white rubber rings on mine. It helps stop the clunks along with Cliffy colored sleeves on all of the smaller posts.

#153 10 years ago

pics TSPP_post.jpgTSPP_post.jpg TSPP_g_rub.jpgTSPP_g_rub.jpg

#154 10 years ago

Very clever! Two thoughts here; 1) would that be cool if those stacked rings were colored to look like donuts? or 2) maybe black rings so they look like a stack of tires since they are next to the garage anyway

#155 10 years ago

wow I like both of those ideas.

#156 10 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Very clever! Two thoughts here; 1) would that be cool if those stacked rings were colored to look like donuts? or 2) maybe black rings so they look like a stack of tires since they are next to the garage anyway

Tires are a fantastic idea!

#157 10 years ago

Does anyone have a spare hemi garage door light mod? Would really like to grab one but he said he's not making anymore? Love the tyre idea

#158 10 years ago

Does any one have a complete list of all of the call outs in the game ?

3 weeks later
#159 10 years ago

Hey Pinheads. I am trying to find a part for my TSPP. I need the One Way Gate near comic book guy - Ball Gate Assembly - 1-Way [535-530-02] I have tried every site I know, none available. Anyone know if another game uses the same size?

#160 10 years ago

That is funny, I was going to ask if that should be a one-way gate. The wire is missing from mine. I am also missing the wire on the ball launch gate, I would assume that is one-way too? Yes/no?

JLP, are you missing the whole assembly? I am going to start looking for mine but I only need the wire but if I turn up anything I will let you know.

#161 10 years ago

Yay, Scored my machine back from my son, so back in the club. Doing a LED conversion for it at the moment. Anyone else have a daggy garage door that just half opens? Any cures? The ball still goes in, just looks a bit "half mast".

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Yay, Scored my machine back from my son, so back in the club. Doing a LED conversion for it at the moment. Anyone else have a daggy garage door that just half opens? Any cures? The ball still goes in, just looks a bit "half mast".

Very common, that and the Vkicker.

1. Stern recalled the solenoid to be upgraded to a stronger one. I will have to check to get the number. Can be found in this thread or sterns website.
2. Gummed up sleeve. Needs to be cleaned or replaced.
3. Can try setting your solenoids to "Hard" in settings to give it more oomf.
4. The plunger could be worn out, aka not as long as it use to be.
5. Door is out of line, rubbing or not lining up with the plunger all the time.

Doing these I got my door to open all the way 98% of the time. The only time it may not open 2% of the time is via a wimpy shot. Solid shots open it correctly.

#163 10 years ago

I am happy to report that I am now a member!

Though I'd only played it once before - a beat up, semi-functional one in a pizza joint - TSPP has been one of my two 'Grail' pins, and I'd been looking to pick one up for over a year. I recently came across a beautiful HUO example (manufactured Oct 2013) still with the original owner, so I finally pulled the trigger. It looks to have very low plays with no fade around the buttons. So far I've only done a quick wipe down with Novus 1, and the ramps and pf show no tracks. Needless to say, I am over the moon.

I do have a couple questions, being kinda new to this machine. On the one I played in the past, I remember hearing Comic Book Guy's call-out "Worst ball ever" several times (note: that machine barely had functional flippers, lol). I've had some quick drainers since I've brought it home, but have yet to hear that call-out. I understand there were differences in TSPP throughout their production. Is it possible mine doesn't have that sound clip - or have I just not been bad enough?

Speaking of CBG, the only 'flaw' I think I see on my machine is on top of Comic Book Guy's head. It looks like he may have gotten scalped from sliding glass at some point, but then again maybe it is an intentional 'bald spot'. I'll attach a picture of what I'm talking about and can somebody tell me if that's supposed to be there.

Now back to start studying the rulesheet on this.

CBG.jpgCBG.jpg

#164 10 years ago
Quoted from southbound:

I do have a couple questions, being kinda new to this machine. On the one I played in the past, I remember hearing Comic Book Guy's call-out "Worst ball ever" several times (note: that machine barely had functional flippers, lol). I've had some quick drainers since I've brought it home, but have yet to hear that call-out. I understand there were differences in TSPP throughout their production. Is it possible mine doesn't have that sound clip - or have I just not been bad enough?

First off, welcome! TSPP is one pin that probably won't leave my collection. As for your questions, make sure you are running version 5.0 of the display drivers and CPU ROMs. $15 on ebay shipped will get you both. Deal with John Wart Jr.

ebay.com link: Stern The Simpsons Pinball Party CPU and Display ROM Upgrade Set 5 0

As for CGB callout, I know that he reserves his ridicule for when a hurry up is activated and not collected on drain. So if you hit the skill shot on plunge, it will activate 2 hurry ups. If you only collect 1, CBG will usually chime in one of which is "Worst Ball Ever". As for the chunk, that is not standard. Fortunately, he is pretty easily gotten through various sites. Check Marco.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/880-5060-01

However, he won't be the easiest to swap out because you have to pretty much remove the left ramp entirely to get at the screws that attach him. And while you have that off, you might as well slap a Cliffy protector on that ramp. He sells a kit for both the left and right ramp. Then you can get the Itchy and Scratchy protector from Pinbits. Also, at some point, get under your upper playfield and check the condition of your middle ramp. That thing takes a beating and the replacement part is Unobtanium in the states. Cliffy is working on getting a protector for this ramp too so stay tuned for that.

Contact Cliffy directly for those. He's on pinside here too.

http://passionforpinball.com/

So enjoy and good luck getting to the bottom of these very deep rules!

#165 10 years ago

Thanks for the tips, Elfman. Cliffys and updated ROMs are on my list.

There are a couple more questions I'd like to throw out to those who might know.

The manual makes it seem that the upper pf removal is pretty straight-forward. Is there anything I should be aware of when I go to do this?

Also, I'm considering ordering Stern side rails with the flipper button protectors. There is no flipper button wear (yet), but I find myself distracted thinking about that area when I play. So I am considering getting these as a preventive measure.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1747

I'd like the option to remove the rails down the road, if I wanted to. This being my first Stern, I haven't had any first-hand experience with these rails. One of my concerns is that the guard would press into the side of the cab. I'd hate to inadvertently create marks/scuffs on a perfectly clean area. Any opinions on installing them on a good cabinet or should I wait until I see signs of fading?

#166 10 years ago

Actually there are a few different types of Comic Book Guys readily available on eBay. Plus they come with accessories to put in his hands so it doesn't look quite as awkward.

Here are a couple
ebay.com link: The Simpsons Convention Comic Book Guy Intelli Tronic Voice Activation Playmates
ebay.com link: COMIC BOOK GUY SIMPSONS SERIES 15 PLAYMATES FIGURE

Just be patient and you can get them cheap.

#167 10 years ago

Do the different CBG's then need threaded inserts installed into their feet?

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from southbound:

Do the different CBG's then need threaded inserts installed into their feet?

My original CBG didn't have any threaded inserts, they were just screwed into the feet. There is a little microchip sensor in his foot, you can remove it, or leave it in. I replaced CBG and Bart and they were similar to replace. I just drilled new holes in the feet and used a coarse threaded screw (I think I used the same screws they came with). Not a big deal, but CBG is a bit of a pain to take out because you have to remove the miniplayfield and ramp to get to him. Not a huge deal, just time consuming.

#169 10 years ago

Cool. I just ordered a Comic Book Guy with a full head of hair.

On a side note, several months ago I picked up a Moe's Tavern and a set of bendable Kodos & Kang figures after seeing what some of you have done. I didn't own TSPP at the time, but knew I eventually would!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-moes-tavern-bar-mod

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-added-some-powdercoat-and-different-figures-to-my-tspp

#170 10 years ago
Quoted from southbound:

Cool. I just ordered a Comic Book Guy with a full head of hair.

crap, I just read this. I have an extra NIB that I would like to sell.

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

crap, I just read this. I have an extra NIB that I would like to sell.

I would've taken it off your hands too, JLP. Ended up getting one of the WOS series CBG off of ebay.

#172 10 years ago
Quoted from southbound:

I would've taken it off your hands too, JLP. Ended up getting one of the WOS series CBG off of ebay.

I guess I should have posted it lol. Ooops. Well, if anyone else needs it let me know. I still have my "Worst Pinball Ever" decal to put on... Oh the to-do-list grows hahah

#173 10 years ago

Posted this on the "Sister thread" - can they be combined in some way?

Doing a clean up now, and same problems as others. Doing some ordering tonight for a new ramp with protector. Wondered why I kept getting so many hillbilly kids with my garage shots.

ramp.jpgramp.jpg

#174 10 years ago

Anyone named their kid QBert!

#175 10 years ago

Best game ever!

WP_20130922_001.jpgWP_20130922_001.jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#176 10 years ago

Continuing the strip and clean and replacing broken bits (cannot source a new middle garage ramp from anywhere - everyone seems to be out of stock - appreciate and help here)

Having a lot of trouble with vertical up kicker onto upper playfield. Always takes about 3-4 goes. Does everyone else have this metal bar in front of the hole? Help or hinderance? Wondering if I should bend to upper scoop up or down (make it less or more angled).

Any thoughts.

I think I'll powder coat my habitralis yellow as well...

IMG_0937.JPGIMG_0937.JPG

#177 10 years ago

I have a bar on mine. Would assume it is there to prevent the ball from rolling back into the VUK. Before bending anything, I would check the coil sleeve on the VUK. It may need to be replaced. Especially with how dirty that area of your playfield was and the condition of your center ramp is. To me that would be the first place to look. Also, bending that scoop would be a feat since even though it is small, is still a sturdy piece of metal.

#178 10 years ago

failed on AI yet again, locked 4, but couldn't get 5...the quest continues... it's become a bucket list item to beat AI.

20130923_204737.jpg20130923_204737.jpg

#179 10 years ago
Quoted from Elfman:

I have a bar on mine. Would assume it is there to prevent the ball from rolling back into the VUK. Before bending anything, I would check the coil sleeve on the VUK. It may need to be replaced. Especially with how dirty that area of your playfield was and the condition of your center ramp is. To me that would be the first place to look. Also, bending that scoop would be a feat since even though it is small, is still a sturdy piece of metal.

done a good clean up of the area now. I'll give it a clean tonight and see how it goes. Thanks

#180 10 years ago

Was visting a retailer, and noticed his TSPP for sale. I was stunned at the colors of the cab and playfield. He believes there were a few differnt versions made, as my colors look nothing like his. is this true?

(ps still having trouble with VUK - ordered new coil to see if that helps)

IMG_0942.JPGIMG_0942.JPG IMG_0940.JPGIMG_0940.JPG

#181 10 years ago

The ones that have the pink car more accurately reflect the colors in the show. I think they are from the earlier runs 03/04. In later runs, the car is red.

2 weeks later
#182 10 years ago

Received my Moe's bar, replaced to plunger and sleeve in the VUK, and all is good. Also updated the ROM/DIsplay to V5 (can't see any real difference yet), so happy game, happy days.TSPP moes.jpgTSPP moes.jpg

#183 10 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

To start this club, I guess I should show my TSPP topper
» YouTube video

That's really nice. If you make another one I'm in. I don't think I can add anymore except a topper.

#184 10 years ago

I'm officially in!

024.JPG024.JPG 005.JPG005.JPG
#185 10 years ago

Yikes! Is that machine radio active?

#186 10 years ago

Newest member to the club! Just picked up a immaculate HUO TSPP: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-tspp-huo
First question I have is: isnt the couch suppose to clear the balls at the beginning of the next game? If I end a game & 2 balls are locked in the couch, I start the next game they are still there, I lock 1 ball & multi-ball starts. I should need to lock 2 more balls. Is this normal?

#187 10 years ago

Here's a pic of my TSPP

image-746.jpgimage-746.jpg
#188 10 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Newest member to the club! Just picked up a immaculate HUO TSPP: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-tspp-huo
First question I have is: isnt the couch suppose to clear the balls at the beginning of the next game? If I end a game & 2 balls are locked in the couch, I start the next game they are still there, I lock 1 ball & multi-ball starts. I should need to lock 2 more balls. Is this normal?

Welcome to the fun!
Only clears the balls if you turn the machine off and back on again. Your ball don't drop when just pressing the start button ( I know, sounds bad)

#189 10 years ago

Yeah. That's wired. You think it would clear the locked balls. Well, at least I know it's working correctly. Thanks.

#190 10 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Yeah. That's weird. You think it would clear the locked balls. Well, at least I know it's working correctly. Thanks.

It's adjustable in the settings.

Feature Adjustment #35 Hold Couch Lock
a) 1 player game
b) Always
c) Never

#191 10 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

It's adjustable in the settings.
Feature Adjustment #35 Hold Couch Lock
options:
a) 1 player game
b) Always
c) Never

Thanks for the info!

#192 10 years ago

I'll join, but what do I have to do?

2 weeks later
#194 10 years ago

Late to the party, but I joined recently. And suprisingly my first Stern.

Wasn't intended for the blanket to work so well with Homer while at Sunoco... Too perfect!

So from 4.0 to 5.0: Worth updating?

IMG_4725.JPGIMG_4725.JPG

#195 10 years ago

Need some more pictures, but finally have it set up and playing. I always loved the game but having one of my own has let me get much deeper. No idea how some can get to AI on this.

IMG_4799.JPGIMG_4799.JPG

#196 10 years ago

Definitely worth updating code to 5.0

#197 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Definitely worth updating code to 5.0

Thanks Kwiki. I'll be getting it than.

#198 10 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

No idea how some can get to AI on this.

Getting to AI isn't terribly hard, getting past it is.

#199 10 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Getting to AI isn't terribly hard, getting past it is.

I must be a lousy player!

#200 10 years ago

I came so close last week to finally getting to AI mode. I activated all the TV modes on the first ball and then choked on the last two. So close, yet so far away.

Steve

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
$ 174.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.00
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 45.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 7,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.