Topic Stats

• 5,205 posts
  • 523 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by davidlldennis
  • Topic is favorited by 229 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,172 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200803_172731 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200803_172719 (resized).jpg
61748168017__70815519-6ACF-4B73-BECF-7DC1FEA0408B (resized).jpeg
A0D68876-1930-4073-9648-8863380838AC (resized).jpeg
ACA2DF20-D27C-42C8-B9FD-A5B6E1DB6D2C (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200724_213531985 (resized).jpg
TSPPpin (resized).png
1DAD4D72-F2CE-49B6-A19F-D22A77DB4FE5 (resized).jpeg
3D10FBF1-4CD4-41CE-931C-F093D5A2C5D6 (resized).jpeg
3741CF5C-6136-4A22-8DA0-34448314306C (resized).jpeg
552DF7F9-C717-4A90-89AE-C350720A64D5 (resized).jpeg
A2229329-7606-4258-B5D2-B2AAA1BE5DBB (resized).jpeg
4A3E60C9-A32C-4416-BB5D-5E7DB2583194 (resized).jpeg
46AC71E6-1F8E-4525-9767-D7CB850C05AD (resized).jpeg
57A30AF3-F6B1-450B-8770-128ED0B91B71 (resized).jpeg
1B9CB73B-9B7C-4BE3-BD05-618B7699F20F (resized).jpeg

There are 5205 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 105.
#1851 3 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Nice. Would you mind posting the link where you ordered those blades from? Thanks in advance.

NM, found them on pinballdecals.com. Thanks!

#1852 3 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Hey guys. Wanting to put the brightest/craziest LED flasher I can find inside the Duff Beer Can mod since the can greatly reduces the visibility of the light. Any links to what would be best would be appreciated. Thanks! Craig

Good call....it has kinda bugged me too.

#1853 3 years ago

The pinball decals.com ones aren't as nice. Message Sillyoldelf on this forum.

#1855 3 years ago

I have a HUO TSPP for sale in Florida that I pulled out of the box myself, 4023 plays, all factory original, not one tiny nick or scuff on cabinet. Clear flip button guards day 1, felt leg protects day 1. Super clean, plug and play. June 10, 2005 build date.
Bob

#1856 3 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coloured-and-tinted-aprons/page/3#post-3334711

Anyone else following this thread? The money just spends itself...

#1857 3 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Hey guys. Wanting to put the brightest/craziest LED flasher I can find inside the Duff Beer Can mod since the can greatly reduces the visibility of the light. Any links to what would be best would be appreciated. Thanks! Craig

I used these from comet
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/135050smdt1012v.htm
http://www.cometpinball.com/3-SMD-12V-STRIPS-p/3smd12vstrip.htm

20160703_175302 (resized).jpg
20160703_175117 (resized).jpg

#1859 3 years ago

Perfect. Hadn't even thought of doing an LED strip on the back of it. Great idea and thanks for sharing. -- Craig

#1860 3 years ago

Hi All. I brought this beauty home on Monday. It's a HUO that's been sitting in the basement of a Simpsons collector for 13 years and I'm 2nd owner. All it needs a good bath and a garage door switch and rubbers.

I am going to buy some LEDs from Comet later today. Can you guys post some photos of your LED jobs to give me some inspiration?

Do you think the Optix Max worth the extra $$$? TIA!

6562 (resized).jpeg

6611 (resized).jpeg

#1861 3 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

I am going to buy some LEDs from Comet later today. Can you guys post some photos of your LED jobs to give me some inspiration?

When it comes to LEDs, you'll get a million different opinions on what looks best. The twin 2835 SMDs are my go to bulb. I tend to use the frosted version for both GI and the controlled lighting. They have a nice light spread, and I think they look great in most of inserts. I also highly recommend an LED OCD board in this game. It makes a huge difference. I color matched most of the inserts, and went with sunlight for the GI.

Here's a link to the bulbs ...

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/2smd-ct-ft.htm

And here's a link to some playfield photos of my game. Note, the colors are much more vibrant in person ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/21#post-2642929

#1862 3 years ago

You're also going to want to use something brighter to light up that large insert in the pops. See this post for more details ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tu=gweempose#post-2568693

#1863 3 years ago

Thanks. I like how those 2835's really fill the insert evenly.

I see you went all frosted white on the GI. Did you do all frosted white up in the back too?

#1864 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You're also going to want to use something brighter to light up that large insert in the pops. See this post for more details ...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tu=gweempose#post-2568693

Do you have a photo of the entire PF?

#1865 3 years ago

I don't have any full playfield photos, but I can try to take some later today when I get a chance. I used mostly all frosted white for the GI. There were a few spots where I felt that the twin 2835 SMD bulbs were a little too bright, so I used either a dimmer frosted bulb or used a flex head LED so I could angle the light away from the player. I used frosted white in the back as well, but I think I may have pulled a couple that were reflecting off the mini playfield.

#1866 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I don't have any full playfield photos, but I can try to take some later today when I get a chance. I used mostly all frosted white for the GI. There were a few spots where I felt that the twin 2835 SMD bulbs were a little too bright, so I used either a dimmer frosted bulb or used a flex head LED so I could angle the light away from the player. I used frosted white in the back as well, but I think I may have pulled a couple that were reflecting off the mini playfield.

Thanks for all the info! I ordered a bunch of those 2835s.

#1867 3 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Do you think the Optix Max worth the extra $$$?

I never did before but this summer I was looking at a high end restore and noticed some inserts that were lit particularly smoothly and brightly so I asked and they were Optix Max. Thinking I'll try some next time I need filler items for free shipping.

edit: Correction, I've actually used the Optix Max - got them in my treehouse spots at the moment. They're good but not worth the extra $$ IMO. The ones I was thinking of are either the Comet Crystal Fans or the Comet Superflux. I'm always picking up a few extras to try, guess those will be next. My wife teases me calling it "playing Legos"...

#1868 3 years ago

I'll probably get downvoted for this but I really don't like LEDs in this game. It is a very bright game with incandescent bulbs. The timing of the light shows is wrong with LEDs and using colored LEDs as GI really looks wrong to me. I know the arguments for LEDs (life, heat, etc.) but I'm not a fan of using them in games that weren't designed for them. I do use LEDs in some games like in Pop Bumpers that don't flash. Anyone agree with me (there's GOT to be at least one person)?

#1869 3 years ago

Funny, I'd agree with you 90% of the time on the LED issue. But, on this game, I'm going to install LED's. LED's work well with small inserts, which this game has a lot of (LEDs are not good at dispersing the light like incandescents). Also, LEDs are great with color, this game has a lot of that. But the main reason, this game has a lot of small inserts that are lit solid for long periods of time. I have a seen a couple TSPP's with chipped inserts, I don't want my inserts heating up that much.

Quoted from awarner:

Anyone agree with me (there's GOT to be at least one person)?

#1870 3 years ago

Purchase a LEDOCD and this allows you to use LEDs and still get all the great fading effects of the incandescents. One if the best mods you can add I feel for this pin.

#1871 3 years ago

$138 shipped. Thanks for the idea.

#1872 3 years ago

I'm going to ask a stupid question... maybe stupid maybe not.

Finished changing out coil sleeves and I noticed that after launching a ball (and the ball hits its first target or two) the kicker in the ball trough fires once. No ball in it it just fires. Game does this consistently. Kicker never fires any other time unless it is supposed to! Multiball works normal no extra fires.

My stupid question is that I can't remember if the game is programmed like this or if I messed something up changing coils. I can't imagine it was programmed like this!

#1873 3 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I'm going to ask a stupid question... maybe stupid maybe not.
Finished changing out coil sleeves and I noticed that after launching a ball (and the ball hits its first target or two) the kicker in the ball trough fires once. No ball in it it just fires. Game does this consistently. Kicker never fires any other time unless it is supposed to! Multiball works normal no extra fires.
My stupid question is that I can't remember if the game is programmed like this or if I messed something up changing coils. I can't imagine it was programmed like this!

My game did this at one point. Do you also find that the skill shot to the target isn't registering? I'm pretty sure it's some kind of software glitch. I believe I fixed it by doing a factory reset.

#1874 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

My game did this at one point. Do you also find that the skill shot to the target isn't registering? I'm pretty sure it's some kind of software glitch. I believe I fixed it by doing a factory reset.

Actually yes! I noticed that Comic Book guy doesn't score anything on the skill shot!

Game came with 4.0 - is that my issue?

#1875 3 years ago

Would appreciate some technical input. When the ball is exiting from behind the TV (on the upper play field) and you attempt to use the upper right flipper to hit the ball into the couch it's making a crazy loud buzzing sound. From what I've read it sounds like coils typically do this when something is off. The flipper is working at full strength. Think I may have read somewhere that it could be vibration between the coil and the sleeve. Has anybody ever experienced this issue? Any ideas or direction appreciated. Cheers, Craig

#1876 3 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Would appreciate some technical input. When the ball is exiting from behind the TV (on the upper play field) and you attempt to use the upper right flipper to hit the ball into the couch it's making a crazy loud buzzing sound. From what I've read it sounds like coils typically do this when something is off. The flipper is working at full strength. Think I may have read somewhere that it could be vibration between the coil and the sleeve. Has anybody ever experienced this issue? Any ideas or direction appreciated. Cheers, Craig

Are you sure it is the flipper making the buzzing sound and not the tv coil? It is super common for the tv coil to make this loud buzzing sound. The bracket that holds that coil gets out of shape pretty easily.

#1877 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Are you sure it is the flipper making the buzzing sound and not the tv coil? It is super common for the tv coil to make this loud buzzing sound. The bracket that holds that coil gets out of shape pretty easily.

You may be right about that. Are you talking about the coil that operates the pin that locks the ball behind the TV?

#1878 3 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

You may be right about that. Are you talking about the coil that operates the pin that locks the ball behind the TV?

Yep.... there isnt much to that bracket/pin.... it buzzes quite a bit, especially because that thin metal bracket starts to bend outward after awhile. pushing it back down inwards can eliminate some of the noise.

#1879 3 years ago

TV buzz is a good audible cue when playing multiball

#1880 3 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Mine does this exact same thing. I decided to leave it alone for now, because as brad808 says, it is a good audible cue that you've got a ball heading towards that upper couch lock flipper pronto. It's kinda like the whistle sound that White Water makes to give you a cue that the up kicker is firing a ball up to the upper playfield.

#1881 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Mine does this exact same thing. I decided to leave it alone for now, because as brad808 says, it is a good audible cue that you've got a ball heading towards that upper couch lock flipper pronto. It's kinda like the whistle sound that White Water makes to give you a cue that the up kicker is firing a ball up to the upper playfield.

Interesting. Do we know exactly what is mechanically causing this sound?

#1882 3 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

TV buzz is a good audible cue when playing multiball

Ha. Good point! Is there no risk of damage to the game?

#1883 3 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Ha. Good point! Is there no risk of damage to the game?

No, only if it were engaged for very long periods of time. A lot of the noise can be attributed to the fact that it is on a very thin metal frame, and vibrates throughout the very thin metal tv

#1884 3 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

You can downvote me all you want but LEDs are an expensive choice that don't always help.

Quoted from awarner:

I'll probably get downvoted for this but I really don't like LEDs in this game.

You really seem to want to be downvoted but nobody has yet. I only use that button for posts that exemplify the aspect of Pinside that makes me want to avoid most of the hot threads.

Personally, I'd love to hear what y'all have done with your cooling towers on the pops. I've got some bright white LEDs without lenses in there right now but the plastic doesn't diffuse them much and I don't like how they look, being able to see the diode package pretty clearly. Some of the pictures posted in here look green or purple and I like that much better, just haven't gotten around to fussing with them. I forget whose I saw looked like it had a cotton ball in there or something, which looked really cool to me.

IMG_0508 (resized).JPG

#1885 3 years ago

BTW, totally agree on not liking colored bulbs in the GI. I tried a few when I first got the game but it threw the color balance too far off for my tastes. Currently have cool white all around but would like to try some warm white or daylight ones instead.

#1886 3 years ago

I just got my first TSPP and I have this issue. It is a nuisance... about half the time it pops OK and the other half it takes 2-5 attempts.

#1887 3 years ago
Quoted from calebdecker73:

I just got my first TSPP and I have this issue. It is a nuisance... about half the time it pops OK and the other half it takes 2-5 attempts.

What do you mean "it pops okay"?

#1888 3 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

You really seem to want to be downvoted but nobody has yet. I only use that button for posts that exemplify the aspect of Pinside that makes me want to avoid most of the hot threads.
Personally, I'd love to hear what y'all have done with your cooling towers on the pops. I've got some bright white LEDs without lenses in there right now but the plastic doesn't diffuse them much and I don't like how they look, being able to see the diode package pretty clearly. Some of the pictures posted in here look green or purple and I like that much better, just haven't gotten around to fussing with them. I forget whose I saw looked like it had a cotton ball in there or something, which looked really cool to me.

i put green 555 leds in the towers, frosted.

#1889 3 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I put color changing LEDs in my towers a couple of years ago and still love them. I think many others here have done the same thing. The rest of my game still has standard bulbs (no LEDs) but color changing LEDs in the towers are awesome. In my opinion

#1890 3 years ago

I used purple Op-Max's in mine. They provide a nice bright and even illumination ....

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/opmax.htm

TSPP #2 (resized).jpg
TSPP #1 (resized).jpg

#1891 3 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I'll probably get downvoted for this but I really don't like LEDs in this game. It is a very bright game with incandescent bulbs. The timing of the light shows is wrong with LEDs and using colored LEDs as GI really looks wrong to me. I know the arguments for LEDs (life, heat, etc.) but I'm not a fan of using them in games that weren't designed for them. I do use LEDs in some games like in Pop Bumpers that don't flash. Anyone agree with me (there's GOT to be at least one person)?

I agree with you 100%. When I bought my TSPP it had recently been kitted out with LEDs. They lasted a day (although I did leave the warm whites in the GI).
A ColorDMD though ? Now that is a must have for this game.

#1894 3 years ago

Ok, feel like an idiot but how the heck do you get the nuclear cooling tower plastics off the pop bumpers to change out the lights? Thanks for the help!

#1895 3 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Ok, feel like an idiot but how the heck do you get the nuclear cooling tower plastics off the pop bumpers to change out the lights? Thanks for the help!

You just push down the tower plastic and remove the mini-post rubber. It will then come right off. If you look at my photo above, you can see that I swapped the black factory mini-post rubbers with clear ones. I think it looks much nicer.

#1896 3 years ago

push the tower down, remove the little rubber donut on top. and you should be able to pull the tower plastic off.

#1897 3 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

push the tower down, remove the little rubber donut on top. and you should be able to pull the tower plastic off.

Jinx!!!

#1898 3 years ago

Just installed, still need to config.

IMG_0528 (resized).JPG

#1899 3 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

You really seem to want to be downvoted but nobody has yet.

I didn't want to be downvoted but my dislike of LEDs usually puts me in the minority. I'm happy that I wasn't downvoted. Hooray for Incandescent Bulbs!

Groovy!

#1900 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Go for the flipper fidelity one. Very nice addition.

I installed the Flipper Fidelity interactive back box lighting today and love it. However, the glare is pretty bad off the glass towards the top of the play field. Not having any luck dimming the lights using the remote control. Any advice from those who have installed this? How can I reduce the glare? I've seen those inserts you can use to remove DMD glare but didn't think that helped with the translite glare.

Thanks!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
There are 5205 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 105.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside