(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,252 posts
  • 706 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Pinkitten
  • Topic is favorited by 327 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174044 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174050 (resized).jpg
IMG_6018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6024 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6023 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5977 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 146.
#1801 7 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

My last question is how difficult would it be for a beginner to take apart the play-field? This is my second pin but ive never done so before. I want to know so i can clean it when the time comes

Are you talking about a full topside tear down, or just a quick cleaning? Once you remove the upper playfield, which isn't very difficult at all, you will have access to most of the areas where the ball travels. The rest can be accessed by removing a few ramps. We're only talking about some screws. The game actually looks a lot more intimidating than it is.

#1802 7 years ago

Still waiting on a couple of mods, but back together and looking great!

IMG_3111 (resized).JPGIMG_3111 (resized).JPG

IMG_3114 (resized).JPGIMG_3114 (resized).JPG

IMG_3113 (resized).JPGIMG_3113 (resized).JPG

#1803 7 years ago

Led kit from Marco, which are made by coin taker. The kit included illuminated flipper buttons, which was a nice surprise! Led OCD board. All new rubber, Cliffy protectors and post sleeves. All new ramps(will have a set of used ramps for sale soon!) I went with purple superbands for the flippers, which are a perfect fit for the game!

IMG_3116 (resized).JPGIMG_3116 (resized).JPG

IMG_3117 (resized).JPGIMG_3117 (resized).JPG

IMG_3118 (resized).JPGIMG_3118 (resized).JPG

#1804 7 years ago

Kwik-e-Mart sign, tree house mod, Duff beer can mod, stickers for all the targets, cabinet protectors, new leg bolts, and other stuff I'm probably forgetting.

IMG_3112 (resized).JPGIMG_3112 (resized).JPG

IMG_3115 (resized).JPGIMG_3115 (resized).JPG

#1805 7 years ago

Next up for me will be a full restore on my BTFF. I'm going to be waiting until I get a third machine as BTTF will be apart for probably 3-4 months. There would be fighting in the house with only one pin. We played a bunch of pins today in Minneapolis, and both loved Medieval Madness and Ghostbusters LE. thoughts on which machine would pair the best with BTTF and TSPP?

#1806 7 years ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

Kwik-e-Mart sign, tree house mod, Duff beer can mod, stickers for all the targets, cabinet protectors, new leg bolts, and other stuff I'm probably forgetting.

I thought you got the TV, too. No?

#1807 7 years ago

Just got my tspp back to my house. Holy snap is the game fun. Blew my expectations out of the water

#1808 7 years ago

The tv mod is on my list. I started getting a little flack about spending so much on the pinball machines. You must be making them stil Sparky?

#1809 7 years ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

Next up for me will be a full restore on my BTFF. I'm going to be waiting until I get a third machine as BTTF will be apart for probably 3-4 months. There would be fighting in the house with only one pin. We played a bunch of pins today in Minneapolis, and both loved Medieval Madness and Ghostbusters LE. thoughts on which machine would pair the best with BTTF and TSPP?

I have a Ghostbusters Pro and just got TSPP recently (was looking for awhile). Naturally when I spent $5k on GB a TSPP popped up at a great price. I went for it.

GB is great but very hard. It has made me a much better player. On theme alone it pairs better with TSPP but truthfully you should play it because some have been turned off by the challenge. I'm amazed by how many people use cheat codes on video games and hate hard things. I'm an old school gamer - my GB is next to Donkey Kong and Baby Pac. Those games are hard as nails and give you no quarter. Pun intended.

#1810 7 years ago

Need some help from the club. I removed the upper playfield and upper ramp on it. Now when putting it back I wonder if ALL wires get routed through that center hole or just the ones on the playfield itself. In other words - the wires coming off the top ramp for the switch and some lights do they go around the back or down the middle? Any help or photos would be appreciated!

#1811 7 years ago

As I recall everything except the tv connection goes through the hole.

#1812 7 years ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

The tv mod is on my list. I started getting a little flack about spending so much on the pinball machines. You must be making them stil Sparky?

Yes, the TV is also available at mezelmods. I thought I had sent you the tree house and the TV, but that was someone else in MN.

#1813 7 years ago

Couch Multi ball is no joke. It destroyed me

#1814 7 years ago

Quick question. Would anyone know where to obtain a color dmd? Website says unavailable

#1816 7 years ago

I did just note the LCD isn't available for TSPP, the link I sent is for the LED DMD

#1817 7 years ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

I did just note the LCD isn't available for TSPP, the link I sent is for the LED DMD

Whats the difference between the LCD and the LED?

#1818 7 years ago

Can the LED version be used for TSPP yet? I thought it's currently only working for guns and roses, T3, CV and Tommy?

#1819 7 years ago

Anyone know where to buy a start button protector? Just looking to protector the artwork around the button before it gets removed from repeated use.

I can only seem to find ones for the flipper buttons.

#1820 7 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Anyone know where to buy a start button protector? Just looking to protector the artwork around the button before it gets removed from repeated use.
I can only seem to find ones for the flipper buttons.

For mine I used a sheet of mylar. Stuck it on then very carefully with a razor blade cut the circle out for the start button.

#1821 7 years ago

I'd take those plastic leg "protectors" off ASAP. They do a lot more harm than good.

Use the felt protectors or even better the little metal stern new style leg protectors.

Quoted from Deafcon:

cabinet protectors

#1822 7 years ago

Just looking for anyones opinion. I bought tspp from a retail store for 3750. It has definately been routed and has the usual flipper/start button wear. They shopped it and made sure everything worked for me and i picking it up tuesday.

Did i overpay? And would i at least break even in say a year or two if i decide to sell it (dont have much room for too many pins).

#1823 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Just looking for anyones opinion. I bought tspp from a retail store for 3750. It has definately been routed and has the usual flipper/start button wear. They shopped it and made sure everything worked for me and i picking it up tuesday.
Did i overpay?

Considering it's from a retail store, was fully shopped, and I assume came with some sort of a warranty, I don't think you necessarily overpaid. Games generally cost more from a retailer than from a fellow collector.

#1824 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Considering it's from a retail store, was fully shopped, and I assume came with some sort of a warranty, I don't think you necessarily overpaid. Games generally cost more from a retailer than from a fellow collector.

Cool. thanks for the response. It came with a 90 day warranty. I know if i waited i could have maybe found one for 4500 or so that was huo but im not patient!

#1825 7 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Can the LED version be used for TSPP yet? I thought it's currently only working for guns and roses, T3, CV and Tommy?

DMD said they were restocking in the next couple of weeks

#1826 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Did i overpay? And would i at least break even in say a year or two if i decide to sell it (dont have much room for too many pins).

I don't know how worn your "worn" is without pictures, but if it plays well and has all the pieces intact, I would have jumped all over that two years ago when I began my grail for the machine I finally ended up. Congrats on what sounds like a good deal.

#1827 7 years ago

Im getting ready to do a playfield swap on my simpsons. Anyone ever do one and document it with pictures? Looking for all the resources i can get for when i inevitably get stuck.

#1828 7 years ago

Someone should do something like this for TSPP!

FB_IMG_1476369611172 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1476369611172 (resized).jpg

#1830 7 years ago

Stern is basically just stealing modder's ideas now.

#1831 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Lol shit yeah, I'd buy that!

#1832 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Stealing ideas and they can't even spell villain correctly.

#1833 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Oooooo...sarcasm haha

#1834 7 years ago

So randomly throughout a play like maybe once or twice. The machine makes a noise that sounds like a metal baseball bat. Is that normal or is something busted in my machine. It plays normal and everything works as it should

#1835 7 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

So randomly throughout a play like maybe once or twice. The machine makes a noise that sounds like a metal baseball bat. Is that normal or is something busted in my machine. It plays normal and everything works as it should

Knocker?

#1836 7 years ago
It could be. Whats a knocker?

#1837 7 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Most games have loud knockers to indicate new high scores achieved, specials earned or other major milestones in the game. I usually disable the knockers in my games because they annoy me in home settings.

#1838 7 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Hahaha. Sorry.

#1840 7 years ago

The treehouse ramp makes a pretty satisfying clunk when you drill it. What's happening when you hear this sound?

#1841 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

The treehouse ramp makes a pretty satisfying clunk when you drill it. What's happening when you hear this sound?

It's hitting the back corner of the game and dropping into the VUK hole.

#1842 7 years ago

I play nearly every day and that sound still puts a smile on my face. That and ripping the right spinner, which I seem to finally have dialled in.

Has anyone experimented with small video cameras that could go under the glass? Kicking around some ideas.

#1843 7 years ago

Has anyone upgraded their flashers to LEDs? What did you use? I upgraded a Gottlieb System 3 and found the ones I used were a bit over the top and was hoping there was a middle ground available!

#1844 7 years ago

I upgraded mine to COB flashers from Comet and they're like strobes now. Probably not what you want. Their standard flasher is still pretty bright but maybe closer to what you're looking for? http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/8smdflash.htm

#1845 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I upgraded mine to COB flashers from Comet and they're like strobes now. Probably not what you want. Their standard flasher is still pretty bright but maybe closer to what you're looking for? http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/8smdflash.htm

Thanks! I'll take a look at the standard one! I think the strobe effect is too much but I want something a step up from incandescent.

#1846 7 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Thanks! I'll take a look at the standard one! I think the strobe effect is too much but I want something a step up from incandescent.

You have to be careful with LED flashers. It's obviously a personal preference, but I can't stand playing games where the flashers are blinding. I used these flashers in my TSPP, and I think they look great in the game ...

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/5smdflash.htm

#1847 7 years ago

The decals/stickers arrived from Sillyoldelf, and I printed some new apron cards. I haven't decided if I'm going to use the stickers on the backboard. I bought the Moe's tavern playmates set and may install that like others have.

IMG_3170 (resized).JPGIMG_3170 (resized).JPG

#1848 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You have to be careful with LED flashers. It's obviously a personal preference, but I can't stand playing games where the flashers are blinding. I used these flashers in my TSPP, and I think they look great in the game ...
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/5smdflash.htm

Yeah, this i agree as well.. LED flashers are too bright IMO. I left all my flasher bulb as incandescent bulb, they dont take much energy as they just flash for less than 1 sec... or should I change them to LED?

Of course, the rest of the GI and inserts I had change them to LED and with LED OCD.

#1849 7 years ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

The decals/stickers arrived from Sillyoldelf, and I printed some new apron cards. I haven't decided if I'm going to use the stickers on the backboard. I bought the Moe's tavern playmates set and may install that like others have.

Nice. Would you mind posting the link where you ordered those blades from? Thanks in advance.

#1850 7 years ago

Hey guys. Wanting to put the brightest/craziest LED flasher I can find inside the Duff Beer Can mod since the can greatly reduces the visibility of the light. Any links to what would be best would be appreciated. Thanks! Craig

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/37?hl=deafcon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.