(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 146.
#1601 7 years ago

I would lightly tap that out from underneath by holding the handle of a socket against the post and lighting hitting the end with a hammer. Should pop right up. Good luck!

#1602 7 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I would lightly tap that out from underneath by holding the handle of a socket against the post and lighting hitting the end with a hammer. Should pop right up. Good luck!

Exactly. Once the nut is removed from the bottom, light tapping will drive the post out. The post is not screwed in.

#1603 7 years ago

Ok.. I'll try that.

Edit: Got it! I actually used the back of a wrench lightly and it did the trick.

14692087123881187049656_(resized).jpg14692087123881187049656_(resized).jpg

#1604 7 years ago

Removed other post the same way. Ready for the protector! While I'm at it, would a Sharpie be good to touch up the little damage around the hole?

1469210160445444400802_(resized).jpg1469210160445444400802_(resized).jpg

#1605 7 years ago

There is a plastic sleeve around both posts and the upper one has a rubber sleeve as well. A sharpie works. There is some more room behind the drop targets if they are up.

#1606 7 years ago

Also, you can unclip the bulb to get more access to the nuts and washers.

#1607 7 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

would a Sharpie be good to touch up the little damage around the hole?

NO, NEVER use sharpie. Sharpie will bleed and make an aweful mess down the road if someone decides to ever tear down and clearcoat a game.

I repeat, NO, NEVER a sharpie anywhere on a pinball machine!

#1608 7 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

There is a plastic sleeve around both posts and the upper one has a rubber sleeve as well. A sharpie works. There is some more room behind the drop targets if they are up.

Cool, that's how I'll put the metal protector in then. Fits really well.

#1609 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

NO, NEVER use sharpie. Sharpie will bleed and make an aweful mess down the road if someone decides to ever tear down and clearcoat a game.

I repeat, NO, NEVER a sharpie anywhere on a pinball machine!

Good catch. The damage isn't that bad anyway so I think I'll leave it the way it is.

#1610 7 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

Good catch. The damage isn't that bad anyway so I think I'll leave it the way it is.

yup.

Assuming the Cliffy will cover it anyway.

#1611 7 years ago

Looks great! Now to put everything back on! I took a lot of pictures during installation so I can retrace my steps. If I run into any road blocks I'll let you guys know. Thank you so much for the help!

1469212169395159046951_(resized).jpg1469212169395159046951_(resized).jpg

#1612 7 years ago

I agree that Sharpies are a bad idea. I have good results doing minor playfield touchups with paint pens.

#1613 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I agree that Sharpies are a bad idea. I have good results doing minor playfield touchups with paint pens.

again, a no-no (assuming they are enamal like most paint pens)

Use createx latex paint if you need to do a touch up. If you screw it up then it is easy to remove/ non-permenant. Also, it wont bleed if clearcoated.

#1614 7 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

Looks great! Now to put everything back on! I took a lot of pictures during installation so I can retrace my steps. If I run into any road blocks I'll let you guys know. Thank you so much for the help!

That's what I wanted to see. It doesn't look bad at all. Thanks.
I wouldn't touch up anything there since it doesn't seem too bad to begin with.

#1615 7 years ago

I have used a sharpie before on another game with no issues, but I gather the consensus is no.

#1616 7 years ago

Done! Thanks for the assistance, guys!

14692175388711433239763_(resized).jpg14692175388711433239763_(resized).jpg

#1617 7 years ago

Perfect. I put the steel version on last night and it already has a small dent on it. Glad it's installed now.

#1618 7 years ago

I haven't seen anyone do anything with the double-spotlight at the mini-playfield exit, so with the help of Joe Zenkus and The Modfather, I'm introducing the Tree House Spotlight Cover!

It simply attaches with a cinch tie, which I provide. It's the perfect spot, as it installs directly over the tree house ramp entrance.

These are $49 through Mezelmods, or you can PM me directly.

I also have placed a Marketplace ad here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-tree-house-spotlight-cover

Spotlight_400_square_(resized).jpgSpotlight_400_square_(resized).jpg

Close_Up_400_(resized).jpgClose_Up_400_(resized).jpg

Player_View_400_(2)_(resized).jpgPlayer_View_400_(2)_(resized).jpg

#1620 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I haven't seen anyone do anything with the double-spotlight at the mini-playfield exit, so with the help of Joe Zenkus and The Modfather, I'm introducing the Tree House Spotlight Cover!

Ordered!

#1621 7 years ago

That is a pretty unsightly area with those wires exposed like that. Great idea.

#1622 7 years ago

New Mod on my TSPP. Not sure if people will like it or not since the homer head is so iconic, but i was getting sick of that wall eyed head staring around me... All the pieces are saved so it can go back to stock anytime, that's the most important thing to me when I do a mod this significant. Also I liked that it opened up the back wall where I will install my Moe's Tavern eventually. fully funtional, Homer, Marge and Maggie turn and I have the light pointed at Homer so it lights him up when he talks.

2016-07-27_19.29.01_(resized).jpg2016-07-27_19.29.01_(resized).jpg

2016-07-27_19.28.36_(resized).jpg2016-07-27_19.28.36_(resized).jpg

#1623 7 years ago

I like it! Looks good!

#1624 7 years ago

I like it too, reversible mods are the best, because if you sell and someone else doesn't like it, they can put it back stock.

Now you need to get Lisa in that area somewhere, since Bart is on the skateboard right there...

#1625 7 years ago

I'm still in the market for a homer head if anyone has a nice one.

#1626 7 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

I like it too, reversible mods are the best, because if you sell and someone else doesn't like it, they can put it back stock.
Now you need to get Lisa in that area somewhere, since Bart is on the skateboard right there...

I agree. I got Lisa, just trying to figure out where she fits that makes sense.
Thanks
-Jim

#1627 7 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I'm still in the market for a homer head if anyone has a nice one.

Sorry, I'm going to store mine away with the other factory items... You can always find the original Playmates brand doll on ebay for pretty cheap if you are desperate. Then you just need the rubber ring that goes around his neck, I could measure that for you, it's just a standard black rubber ring. Then cut a hole in the top for the rod to go thru and another little rubber ring to hold it on.

-Jim

#1628 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I like it! Looks good!

Thanks,
Jim

#1629 7 years ago

Anyone had this issue before: While playing I&S multiball, one ball went up to the mini PF and I shot the TV. It held that ball there until I drained the other ball and it eventually did a ball search and let go of the TV lock. Very shortly after that it gave a tech alert/alarm for coil #7 TV release. After game finished, I went into coil test and tested TV release it wouldn't fire, though the #4 couch release would fire the #7 TV release coil!? I checked connections, reseated, etc, and nothing cleared the error....until...I pulled power from the wall, and now it behaves correctly, and coil test fires the correct coil again. ROM software bug if you ask me. Running v5.0 code. Thoughts?

#1630 7 years ago

So I finally got a chance to test fuses and sure enough, the one on the display power supply board (520­-5138­-00) was popped. I picked up a replacement from Radio Shack and put it in but when I powered the machine up, I heard a lovely electric ZAP and saw a puff of smoke come off the board. It looked like it came from one of the mosfets. The DMD lit up for a few seconds and displayed gibberish but I hit the power switch as soon as the fireworks started. Is that likely to be fixable or should I just grab a new one? I don't think it's needed for a PIN2DMD setup so I might go that route instead.

#1631 7 years ago

Virtually ALL components are replaceable on any given PC board. The cost is next to nothing compared to a replacement board.

Fix it. If you can't fix it, send it to someone who can.

#1632 7 years ago

I think it'd be an interesting mod if Homer's mouth was able to open and close whenever he lights up for a callout. Like a working jaw or something.

#1633 7 years ago

I'd love to get a 3D printed Bender's head made to swap with Homer's, throw some Futurama toys in there and burn some new audio ROMs with clips from the Simpsorama special for a fun partial re-theme. =) If I ever come across a project TSPP, that's my plan.

Thanks ramegoom, I'm gonna give repairing it a shot but probably also gonna order a PIN2DMD. I've wanted color on this bad boy all along and feel like this is a pretty good excuse.

#1634 7 years ago

Installed the PI-SIM in my TSPP tonight, really love the upper flippers not flipping when the ball isn't on the upper playfield. Much quieter gameplay. I ended up taking my CPU board out of the backbox to install it, the connectors are really tight and I didn't want to press too hard and flex the boards too much. Otherwise, very easy install.

http://www.flippp.fr/pisim.php?lg=en

#1635 7 years ago

I don't know why but I thought there was an easier (and cheaper!) way to accomplish that. Can't remember where I saw it though...

Anyway, I've been troubleshooting my display power board and it looks like a rectifier diode is shot, possibly a transistor or three as well. Can anyone recommend a source for all of these parts? I'm thinking I'll replace them all while I'm at it.

#1636 7 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Installed the PI-SIM in my TSPP tonight, really love the upper flippers not flipping when the ball isn't on the upper playfield. Much quieter gameplay. I ended up taking my CPU board out of the backbox to install it, the connectors are really tight and I didn't want to press too hard and flex the boards too much. Otherwise, very easy install.

but it is sad that it only works on IMPORTANT NOTICE: The PI-SIM board only works with this type of CPU board: "520-5136-xx Rev. E"

#1637 7 years ago
Quoted from oogiebooogie:

but it is sad that it only works on IMPORTANT NOTICE: The PI-SIM board only works with this type of CPU board: "520-5136-xx Rev. E"

It's because Stern changed the wiring layout on the CPU board, the headers are apparently slightly more spaced apart on the new model boards. If you have one of the later models of TSPP, I believe it can still be made to work if you don't mind making custom cabling harness to connect the PI-SIM with.

#1638 7 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

It's because Stern changed the wiring layout on the CPU board, the headers are apparently slightly more spaced apart on the new model boards. If you have one of the later models of TSPP, I believe it can still be made to work if you don't mind making custom cabling harness to connect the PI-SIM with.

I wonder who will be able to make such cable, I know I'll pay for it..

#1639 7 years ago
Quoted from jim5six:

New Mod on my TSPP. Not sure if people will like it or not since the homer head is so iconic, but i was getting sick of that wall eyed head staring around me... All the pieces are saved so it can go back to stock anytime, that's the most important thing to me when I do a mod this significant. Also I liked that it opened up the back wall where I will install my Moe's Tavern eventually. fully funtional, Homer, Marge and Maggie turn and I have the light pointed at Homer so it lights him up when he talks.

I like the family I'm tierd of Homer too but I realy like the cotton on the towers, is it cotton and is it glued on , can you give me some info on it...if so thanks

#1640 7 years ago
Quoted from jroakland:

I like the family I'm tierd of Homer too but I realy like the cotton on the towers, is it cotton and is it glued on , can you give me some info on it...if so thanks

the cotton is simple. They are literally just cotton balls that I pulled apart a little and then put on the post and hold it on with the rubber ring that keeps the cooling tower on. No glue or anything is needed
-Jim

#1641 7 years ago
Quoted from jim5six:

the cotton is simple. They are literally just cotton balls that I pulled apart a little and then put on the post and hold it on with the rubber ring that keeps the cooling tower on. No glue or anything is needed
-Jim

Got it, thanks alot for the info,now when will I get to it, soon hopefully.... happy pinballing

#1642 7 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

This is rad. Ordered one. I think part of the reason my TSPP gets dirty so quickly is all those flippers firing at once.

#1643 7 years ago

I haven't checked in here in a long time. You guys have allot of cool ideas going on!! How would I go about finding 5.0 ROM's for my machine?

#1644 7 years ago

I ordered my 5.0 ROMs from thatpinballplace.com - he's also on eBay is you prefer ordering there.

#1645 7 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

I ordered my 5.0 ROMs from thatpinballplace.com - he's also on eBay is you prefer ordering there.

+1. John wart is great to deal with for roms or board repair, highly recommend him.

#1646 7 years ago
Quoted from canea:

This is rad. Ordered one. I think part of the reason my TSPP gets dirty so quickly is all those flippers firing at once.

Mine was getting dirty and I had to order new stops and plungers for all the flippers. That stopped it.

#1648 7 years ago

Looking to connect the Pinball Browsers software to our TSPP... anyone know the cable setup we'd need for it? Looked inside for a serial port today and didn't see one.

Thanks!

#1649 7 years ago
Quoted from stinogle:

Looking to connect the Pinball Browsers software to our TSPP... anyone know the cable setup we'd need for it? Looked inside for a serial port today and didn't see one.
Thanks!

I'm not sure you can do that with a Whitestar game. You can, however, open the ROM file in Pinball Browser, edit it to your linking, and then save it. You will then need to burn the new file to a compatible EPROM.

#1650 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm not sure you can do that with a Whitestar game. You can, however, open the ROM file in Pinball Browser, edit it to your linking, and then save it. You will then need to burn the new file to a compatible EPROM.

Dang. We were hoping to export our high scores somehow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 45.00
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.