(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 146.
#1551 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The most obvious difference would be the playfield colors. For example, some have a red car, while others have a more pinkish car. The earlier runs also had that weird black blotch on Homer's head.

any other game differences? This one has a flawless cabinet that look very nice. I have seen others on route that dont look as crisp as this one does.

#1552 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

any other game differences?

Other than the artwork, the only other difference I can think of is that the later runs used a different sound chip. I'll see if I can find more info for you.

Edit: This thread specifically addresses the differences. Rarehero talks about the sound chip. I guess the later ones used some kind of emulation that has some flaws:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-simpsons-pinball-party-run-differences

#1553 7 years ago

thanks. Seems like not a whole lot of differences or atleast any of concern. Just preferences.

#1554 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Honestly, you will not notice one iota of difference. Compression is the issue here, not speakers. I used to change ALL my backbox speakers. I now change NONE of them, so this is not a dogmatic call. I've lived it. Seriously, don't sweat it.

I concur; upgraded my speakers on TSPP and was seriously disappointed. The original sounds are just too compressed to sound good. Extract them out via Pinball Browser and play them on a computer with good external speakers and you'll see what I mean.

#1555 7 years ago

1b338818e097f664b83a31fd2d507cdbe6d96a50090dbb7a111a116c646b6aa0_(resized).jpg1b338818e097f664b83a31fd2d507cdbe6d96a50090dbb7a111a116c646b6aa0_(resized).jpg

#1556 7 years ago

Clear Itchy and Scratchy protector just arrived.

Is the plastic meant to be blue, or do I have to peel it off so it's clear?

1469045254354-208636951_(resized).jpg1469045254354-208636951_(resized).jpg

#1557 7 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

Pretty much all pinball plastics you order will have some kind of protective film. Peel it!

#1558 7 years ago

Don't just rip it off like some kind of maniac either. Get a little corner and then slowly peel it back in a nice smooth motion so you can enjoy it.

#1559 7 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

Don't just rip it off like some kind of maniac either. Get a little corner and then slowly peel it back in a nice smooth motion so you can enjoy it.

I am in the rip it off like a maniac camp.

#1560 7 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

If you would, take a couple of pics after you install it. I'd like to see how it looks. Thanks.

#1561 7 years ago
Quoted from dontfeed:

If you would, take a couple of pics after you install it. I'd like to see how it looks. Thanks.

Hopefully removing the whole plastic won't be that daunting but as soon as I can I'll post pictures.

Looks like this plastic above the Krusty spinner must come out first.

1469054272105-208636951_(resized).jpg1469054272105-208636951_(resized).jpg

#1562 7 years ago

I think I see how this will work. But there's there's hex nuts holding some of the plastic on. There's gotta be an easier way removing them without a wrench, right? Not a lot of room to work with, and don't wanna hit anything...

New to this, I know.

14690548094951126653702_(resized).jpg14690548094951126653702_(resized).jpg

#1563 7 years ago

Yes, have to remove nuts to remove plastics. Then, you'll have to remove posts to install the protector.

In both cases, no, not use a wrench. You want nut drivers.

Don't be afraid. But do get the right tools.

We're all here to help.

#1564 7 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Yes, have to remove nuts to remove plastics. Then, you'll have to remove posts to install the protector.
In both cases, no, not use a wrench. You want nut drivers or a socket type of tool.
Don't be afraid. But do get the right tools.
We're all here to help.

Thanks! I think I'm gonna run to the store tomorrow and get one.

#1566 7 years ago

For pinball work, you'll want at least 1/4", 5/16", and 11/32". Hollow-shaft magnetic are best, but get what you can get. You'll use them all the time.

#1567 7 years ago

Thanks guys!

#1568 7 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

I think I see how this will work. But there's there's hex nuts holding some of the plastic on. There's gotta be an easier way removing them without a wrench, right? Not a lot of room to work with, and don't wanna hit anything...
New to this, I know.

Removing the plastics is an easy operation. Make sure you have every nut and screw removed first and don't yank on them. You'll feel some resistance sometimes when a hole in the plastic catches on the thread of a post, just go easy and work with it. Just added a set of plastics protectors from indypinhead on mine, so I can tell you these plastics are easy to remove and replace.

If you're going tool shopping you might want to make a list of tools you'll need just for your pin and keep them in a separate toolbag, toolbox or whatever. That way you'll have your "pinball tools" away from any other tools you have so that you know where they are when you need them.

#1569 7 years ago

There are also a few phillips screws to remove.

#1570 7 years ago

At Home Depot now...

Edit: Got some nut drivers by Husky. 7-piece set with correct measurements. Will get back to this.

20160721_114418_(resized).jpg20160721_114418_(resized).jpg

#1571 7 years ago

That's the exact set I have too. Harbor Freight is also awesome for this type of stuff since you won't be wearing anything out wrenching on pins.

#1572 7 years ago

Klein tools rule

#1573 7 years ago

You might want to get the longer (6") shaft driver on 1/4" size. There are several impossible-to-get screws on most playfields that require a longer reach. Be sure it has a magnet on its end, too.

Experience.

#1574 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

That's the exact set I have too. Harbor Freight is also awesome for this type of stuff since you won't be wearing anything out wrenching on pins.

They're not quite long enough to reach screws holding things like drop target assemblies, and they bend when you use them improperly as a crowbar. They're decent for the $8 price, but I want to upgrade to the long handled magnetic Klein's.

#1575 7 years ago

Ah, crap. Didn't know that... Feeling really stupid right now.

Oh well. I guess I'll just give these a shot and later on I'll upgrade to the Klein tools.

Edit: I'm going to go back to the store, return these and get the Klein ones. Just for reference, so you guys have a picture of them so I know what I'm looking for?

#1576 7 years ago

This style of set will last forever. Klein Tools:
drivers_(resized).jpgdrivers_(resized).jpg

#1577 7 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

that is the best for sure. I can say they wont last forever as I have had the magnets fall out of a couple, but still the best variety to get.

#1578 7 years ago

I've got the plastic off the game. Unscrewing the bolts for that metal "lid" in the edge of the scoop. I've been doing it for what seems like an eternity and at times it feels really loose, then I get some resistance. Do I have to unscrew something from below the playfield to remove it?

1469130973418742466535_(resized).jpg1469130973418742466535_(resized).jpg

#1579 7 years ago

Yes you have to hold the screw head from the bottom.

#1580 7 years ago

Dude.....have you sat at a desk your whole life? You're killing me here lol! Hold the bolt head on the bottom side while removing the nut from the top.

#1581 7 years ago

take the balls out of the game
lift it in the upright position or the service position (whichever give you better access to both sides)
Screw or bolt on bottom side. Nut driver on topside.

Loosen and all good.

#1582 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Dude.....have you sat at a desk your whole life? You're killing me here lol! Hold the bolt head on the bottom side while removing the nut from the top.

he is still a kid and learning. Give him a break. We all have to learn at one time and that is what the internet is for. Helping us learn.

#1583 7 years ago

Ok ok ok. If he's a kid it's all good. Must have a lucrative paper route. If he was a 40 year old man and didn't know how a bolt and nut worked, but made enough money to afford a pinball machine, I would be puzzled.

#1584 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Ok ok ok. If he's a kid it's all good. Must have a lucrative paper route. If he was a 40 year old man and didn't know how a bolt and nut worked, but made enough money to afford a pinball machine, I would be puzzled.

He is one of the top 10 tournament player in the world. I am guessing he won the machine
I am really happy to see he is starting to learn how to wrench on them. Working on games and modding them can be fun aspects of the hobby, so cool to see someone that got their start in pinball as a competitive player learn to work on them.

I can say that taking apart and putting together games has actually made me a better player, so you may se a side benefit Josh

#1585 7 years ago

Alright alright. My statement was a bit dick headed. I surrender.

Wrench on multibrawlr. You'd probably smoke me in a tourney anyhow. I'm better at working on them than playing them.

#1586 7 years ago

For those of you with Color DMD in this game. What setting do you use? My TSPP came with a color DMD. I was messing around with different options finally last night. It was in "Scan" mode. There is also "Hi Res" mode? I think that's what it was called. I couldn't tell a difference. Anyone know what the difference is? What mode do you use?

#1587 7 years ago

FWIW, I had to order my Kleins from Home Depot online. They didn't carry the magnetic ones in store. YMMV.

#1588 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

There is also "Hi Res" mode? I think that's what it was called. I couldn't tell a difference. Anyone know what the difference is? What mode do you use?

It's a little hard to the tell the difference sometimes, yes. Me, I have mine on dots for TSPP. Kinda matches the TV and keeps the "cartoony" look IMO. But hey, whatever YOU like best.

#1589 7 years ago

I should be getting my I&S protector today. Glad that Multibrawler is exploring the unknown for me. BTW, what rom are you guys running? I am on the most recent.

IMG_20160721_144619_(resized).jpgIMG_20160721_144619_(resized).jpg

#1590 7 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

BTW, what rom are you guys running? I am on the most recent.

Same here.

#1591 7 years ago

I'm still on 4.0 but earlier in the thread somebody was saying I'll need 5.0 when I get around to putting in a color DMD - which may be sooner rather than later, as my DMD didn't come on yesterday when I fired the machine up. I've only had time to visually inspect the fuses; will be testing continuity with a meter when I have a spare moment. No way I'm buying a replacement orange one rather than doing that upgrade!

Anybody have any suggestions where I should look once I've confirmed I didn't blow a fuse? Also, recommendations on where to order fuses or find locally? I struck out at the orange and blue stores.

What would this hobby be if nothing needed fixing, right? =)

#1592 7 years ago

I have a color DMD and am running 3.0.

#1593 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Anybody have any suggestions where I should look once I've confirmed I didn't blow a fuse?

Cables and connections as always. Check power test points also.

Quoted from emkay:

recommendations on where to order fuses or find locally? I struck out at the orange and blue stores.

If you can't wait for mail-order, Radio Shack.

Quoted from emkay:

What would this hobby be if nothing needed fixing, right? =)

Not as much fun.

Good luck with the sleuthing and repair. (You really DO need a ColorDMD.)

#1594 7 years ago

Yeah, I agree. I've been waiting for the PIN2DMD project to mature but actually think they're far enough along to risk it.

And DOH! Radio Shack... I work across the street from one. Must be killing brain cells too fast or something.

#1595 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

He is one of the top 10 tournament player in the world. I am guessing he won the machine
I am really happy to see he is starting to learn how to wrench on them. Working on games and modding them can be fun aspects of the hobby, so cool to see someone that got their start in pinball as a competitive player learn to work on them.
I can say that taking apart and putting together games has actually made me a better player, so you may se a side benefit Josh

Appreciate it, Hilton. Just getting my hands dirty with pinball repair/mod installation. It'll take time before I'll improve, I know, but I'm gonna get there!

Didn't win this particular machine -- bought it off a friend. HUO later run game. I've always wanted to own a TSPP, but I wanted to wait until a really nice one would become available.

Quoted from NightTrain:

Alright alright. My statement was a bit dick headed. I surrender.

Hey, no big deal man. Just remember that not everyone might be on the same page on things like this. Even on stuff that might seem obvious like all the screws. You never know what's in store for you when a total noob pops a question

Quoted from NightTrain:

Wrench on multibrawlr. You'd probably smoke me in a tourney anyhow. I'm better at working on them than playing them.

Ha, well I'm the complete opposite! Never done much else besides changing bulbs/waxing and cleaning the playfield. I've got to get into pinball machines mechanically. It fascinates me and is imperative to owning games, because sooner or later something goes wrong and you'll need to fix it. Or there might be a Cliffy in need of installation, ect.

#1596 7 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

Hey, no big deal man. Just remember that not everyone might be on the same page on things like this. Even on stuff that might seem obvious like all the screws. You never know what's in store for you when a total noob pops a question

My bad. Cheers buddy. You got any questions feel free to ask me.

#1597 7 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Quoted from Whysnow:

That is the best for sure. I can say they wont last forever as I have had the magnets fall out of a couple, but still the best variety to get.

I think the Kleins have a lifetime guarantee on them. I had the magnet fall out of one and got a replacement for free.

#1598 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I think the Kleins have a lifetime guarantee on them. I had the magnet fall out of one and got a replacement for free.

They are really good, I agree that the magnets and the extra reach as said before are really good.

Halfway done. Got some posts I'm gonna have to remove. Including this one that's giving me a hard time. Removed the screw from the bottom but now I've got this one on the top to deal with. Can't reach it with a nut socket. Wrench seems to do the trick, albeit will take forever...

The monorail wireform post is next, then after that I think the protector finally can be installed.

1469202371285-1308235620_(resized).jpg1469202371285-1308235620_(resized).jpg
1469202413110-1935976412_(resized).jpg1469202413110-1935976412_(resized).jpg

#1599 7 years ago

That post you're referring to is held to the playfield by a nut on the underside. Hold the post with something, and use nutdriver to remove the nut on the underside.

Always before trying to loosen something, check to see what's on the underside. Sometimes a screw like you had before. Sometimes a nut like this one. Sometimes a T-nut (a stationary nut affixed to the playfield) where you need only unscrew the post or screw from the topside.

You can do this!

#1600 7 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

That post you're referring to is held to the playfield by a nut on the underside. Hold the post with something, and use nutdriver to remove the nut on the underside.
Always before trying to loosen something, check to see what's on the underside. Sometimes a screw like you had before. Sometimes a nut like this one. Sometimes a T-nut (a stationary nut affixed to the playfield) where you need only unscrew the post or screw from the topside.
You can do this!

Yeah, I already got that removed. Top nut is still tight though so I'll have to remove that.

1469205689450-1897559286_(resized).jpg1469205689450-1897559286_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 218.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.