(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 146.
#1501 7 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

Is this still available? Where'd you get yours from? I have yet to install one... Hole is still in good shape so far, though.

Pretty sure I got it from pinbits

#1502 7 years ago

Here is mine. Time to novus the playfield and get rid of the wax buildup.

IMG_20160709_084227_(resized).jpgIMG_20160709_084227_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160709_083938_(resized).jpgIMG_20160709_083938_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160709_084013_(resized).jpgIMG_20160709_084013_(resized).jpg

#1503 7 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Homer blob here too. Oh well. Still one of the best games stern has ever made.

Wish they would do a vault edition..

#1504 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Wish they would do a vault edition..

Only problem with this VE is that just about every "toy" on the playfield was actually toy they bought from another company.

#1505 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Only problem with this VE is that just about every "toy" on the playfield was actually toy they bought from another company.

Ahh but with a VE Stern can make some new toys for it. Spider-Man is a nice example of that

#1506 7 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Here is mine. Time to novus the playfield and get rid of the wax buildup.

Hello fellow manufacturing day TSPP owner! Serial 184202 and no blob here.

tspp_(resized).JPGtspp_(resized).JPG

#1507 7 years ago
Quoted from pumpkinlad:

Hello fellow manufacturing day TSPP owner! Serial 184202 and no blob here.

Mine's 184195

#1508 7 years ago

Oh man. Mine is way newer than yours. :D184288.

Is my car pink or red? I'm color blind. What color is it supposed to be?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1509 7 years ago

Mine's 171851. Manufacture date label is absent. It's got the red car and the Homer smudge.

#1510 7 years ago

Pinkish, redish, blob, no blob.... Awesome game!

#1511 7 years ago

Last night: Ball 3, Garage door was open....Alien Invasion lit.....shoot for the garage, hit the post to the right of the garage, straight down the frickin middle!!!! ARGHHH!!!!!!!! I was yelling and cussing so loud that my wife came downstairs to make sure everything was ok...LOL!

#1512 7 years ago

Just wait till you try to *finish* Alien Invasion. Sheesh!

#1513 7 years ago

Mine is 175339 from Sept 26, 2003

#1514 7 years ago

I've got 21188 from August 9, 2007.

#1515 7 years ago

Hey guys, dumb question. I want to adjust the coil strength on the upper playfield right flipper. I've seen mention online of doing this via the TSPP service menu, but I can't for the life of me find the appropriate menu option, e.g. Diagnostics -> Coil Test -> etc. ?? Can someone point out the exact sequence of menu items to go through to adjust the coil strengths, since I am apparently blind?

Thanks!

#1516 7 years ago

It's in the standard adjustments menu not diagnostics. Also, you can't adjust just one coil, it's all or none.

#1517 7 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Just wait till you try to *finish* Alien Invasion. Sheesh!

Yep I've gone from 5 ball lock down to 2 ball lock multiple times

#1518 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It's in the standard adjustments menu not diagnostics. Also, you can't adjust just one coil, it's all or none.

Ah, I see now. Guess I'll have to figure out a different way of bumping up that flipper, maybe by loosening the related spring as another poster mentioned. Thank you!

#1519 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I was under the impression that the coil settings in the menu affected all the coils EXCEPT the flippers.

#1520 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I was under the impression that the coil settings in the menu affected all the coils EXCEPT the flippers.

I'm under the same impression. Billin, if you're having trouble making the couch shot, you probably need to rebuild the flipper(s). And realize, there's not much margin of error on that shot. Very small sweet spot.

#1521 7 years ago

Strategies for hitting (and sticking) the I&S saucer on a regular/non-random basis? Left flipper shots bounce out of mine...

#1522 7 years ago

Bank shots and multiball are the best I can manage for working through the I&S levels.

#1523 7 years ago

Honestly that's my only gripe about the game. I hate nailing the shot and it bouncing out. Anyone got a fix?

#1524 7 years ago

No idea why but mine drills home every time to the point where I want to put a Cliffy there because of how hard it hits. The hole looks like it was routed on a Monday morning but there's no wear yet. Left flipper, just before the tip...

#1525 7 years ago

The upper flippers can bind if not adjusted properly. Check to make sure the tube is not being pinched by the lower playfield parts, the plungers move free when cycled by hand and that the upper playfield is attached securely and aligned. The slightest interference or misalignment can slow those flippers.

#1526 7 years ago

I was putting new Titan posts on and had a noob error - 1st pin and 1st time doing any work... Anyway I sheared the head off the screw on the yellow post on the upper playfield. It's tight and not impacting the play, but I'm unsure how to get it out next time. I imagine I will need to get a new post as well? Any advice? Thanks.

#1527 7 years ago

Use a Dremel tool, with a thin cutoff wheel. Hold the tool steady, and cut a slot across the head of the screw to form a straight groove. Then, use a flat blade screwdriver to remove the screw.

#1528 7 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Use a Dremel tool, with a thin cutoff wheel. Hold the tool steady, and cut a slot across the head of the screw to form a straight groove. Then, use a flat blade screwdriver to remove the screw.

Agreed. This or take out the post (it unbolts in the bottom) and try and get some vice grips on the side of the screw to loosen it. Working in a confined space with a high speed rotary tool can be difficult so I'd remove the post either way.

#1529 7 years ago

Thanks for the options. The dremel option seems reasonable but combined with my caffeine intake I may make things worse. I will just try and remove the post and replace. Is this the correct post part number : 530-5012-02

#1530 7 years ago
Quoted from tctx02:

Thanks for the options. The dremel option seems reasonable but combined with my caffeine intake I may make things worse. I will just try and remove the post and replace. Is this the correct post part number : 530-5012-02

It might be many, many years before you need to replace that post sleeve. Seems like a lot of work just to have a screw head.

#1531 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

It might be many, many years before you need to replace that post sleeve. Seems like a lot of work just to have a screw head.

Read my mind... I would wait until you need/want to replace it.

-Jim

#1532 7 years ago

Just ordered the Itchy and Scratchy clear/stainless steel protector yesterday. How do you install it? Do you have to remove that entire plastic on the right side of the playfield with the Itchy and Scratchy figures?

#1533 7 years ago

Yes and a couple of the posts

#1534 7 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

Just ordered the Itchy and Scratchy clear/stainless steel protector yesterday. How do you install it? Do you have to remove that entire plastic on the right side of the playfield with the Itchy and Scratchy figures?

Where did you order from? Pinbits?

#1535 7 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Where did you order from? Pinbits?

Yes. Got the clear one since my hole has little to no wear at all.

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=75

#1536 7 years ago

Picked up a nice machine about a month ago. Looking at putting in a color dmd. Where did you guys get the color dmd mod? Did a search here for color dmd in this thread and didn't turn up any places to buy. Lots of raves about how good it looks. Recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

#1537 7 years ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

Picked up a nice machine about a month ago. Looking at putting in a color dmd. Where did you guys get the color dmd mod? Did a search here for color dmd in this thread and didn't turn up any places to buy. Lots of raves about how good it looks. Recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

http://colordmd.com

#1538 7 years ago

I will be selling a HUO TSPP with 710 plays in the next couple weeks. What is the going rate?

#1539 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will be selling a HUO TSPP with 710 plays in the next couple weeks. What is the going rate?

Depends on how fast you want to sell it. 4200-4800.

#1540 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Was this the one for $4800 with nuclear side rails over the buttons at mgc? I paid $4600 for a really low plays HUO a couple weeks after mgc.

#1541 7 years ago

Thanks philly.

#1542 7 years ago

One of the best bang for your buck pins you can buy IMO. So feature packed, code packed, and charm packed(if that's a thing).

#1543 7 years ago

I HAD 18 pins and sold all but 4. TSPP was one of the 4. I like it THAT much. Just sayin'...

#1544 7 years ago

It just offers so much. Plenty to do and all these cool little touches and references. After every game you always feel like there was more to do, like Bowen said on his tutorial. Still feel it's one of the best Sterns out there. I don't ever want to part with mine! It's just too much fun.

#1545 7 years ago

Edit: Sold

#1546 7 years ago

Hi all,I was thinking of just upgrading backbox speakers from factory ones .Can i use say pioneer 4 inch 2 way 4ohm speakers?Can anyone show me a diagram of best way to re wire if i have to seeing as factory ones are 8ohms?And lastly would i notice much of a difference?thanks everyone

#1547 7 years ago
Quoted from peaceboy666:

And lastly would i notice much of a difference?thanks everyone

Honestly, you will not notice one iota of difference. Compression is the issue here, not speakers. I used to change ALL my backbox speakers. I now change NONE of them, so this is not a dogmatic call. I've lived it. Seriously, don't sweat it.

#1548 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Was this the one for $4800 with nuclear side rails over the buttons at mgc? I paid $4600 for a really low plays HUO a couple weeks after mgc.

nope, this is a stock example. I opened it up to start going over it and WOW. It is such low play that it still has the shipping plastic for the Bart figure attached, LOL. Previous owner did not even remove that.

Curious, I know TSPP was run a few times/for a few years. Are there any difference during the run duration from earlier vs/ later?

I hope to get up photos in a week or so and will likely put up a price check thread as I am not really sure on this specific game and it came as a package deal.

#1549 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Curious, I know TSPP was run a few times/for a few years. Are there any difference during the run duration from earlier vs/ later?

The most obvious difference would be the playfield colors. For example, some have a red car, while others have a more pinkish car. The earlier runs also had that weird black blotch on Homer's head.

#1550 7 years ago

The red color of the car on the playfield is inaccurate in reference to the show. The car in the show is pinkish. No idea why they switched. If I had to choose between two side by side, I'd choose the pink one. The canyonero was red, but don't think it's a canyonero they are showing. Call me a Simpsons snob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 45.95
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.