Topic Stats

• 4,364 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by bicyclenut
  • Topic is favorited by 205 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 957 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

30C4B37B-A071-4565-9CA0-2BED2E44844B (resized).jpeg
20190901_172408 (resized).jpg
20190901_172501 (resized).jpg
20190901_172422 (resized).jpg
20190901_172652 (resized).jpg
20190830_074751 (resized).jpg
20190830_074143 (resized).jpg
20190830_074810 (resized).jpg
IMG_0366 (1) (resized).jpg
20190824_090015 (resized).jpg
20190824_085955 (resized).jpg
20190728_090554 (resized).jpg
20190811_184456 (resized).jpg
20190811_183932 (resized).jpg
97B2C91B-4C96-4D12-B865-2990FA1F5B00 (resized).jpeg
D90A8416-8E65-47E6-89DD-95987478E745 (resized).jpeg

There are 4364 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 88.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from Elfman:

Can't fully confirm since I just got mine but I believe there is a rubber grommet on the top of each. Take those off and I am pretty sure the nuke towers will come off and you can get at the bulbs.

This is correct. Very easy to get to them from the top. I think they are 555 wedge bases, but I haven't looked in a while.

#102 6 years ago

Awesome! I'll green up those nuke towers tonight. Thanks!

#104 6 years ago

Very productive day on my TSPP.

2 of my three pops weren't firing. The switch was registering but the coil would not fire during a test. Was thinking that I was going test everything from fuses to transistors. Fortunately, the ground wire on each just needed to be re-soldered. Working properly now!

Rebuilt the remaining flippers. Found out that one of the long tubes that extends the mini-flipper to the coil was cracked and broken on the bottom. It still seems to function but I may need to get that replaced at some point.

Was running into a strange issue with the garage. Occasionally, a shot would get "lost" in the back. It wouldn't land in the loop nor would it continue back to the VUK to the upper play field. Turns out that after removing the upper play field, a small piece of the ramp in the back was broken and it was just enough to let the ball just sit on the metal rail and the ramp gap. Of course Marco doesn't have that ramp piece in stock. I had to improvise and so far, my make shift mod is working and the ball isn't being held up.

Now it is time to upgrade to v5 roms(on order) and get a new set of rubbers (on order as well). Tried adding an external subwoofer, but it sounded really muddy and will have to wait and see. Maybe a flipper fidelity upgrade is in order. Mods are also on the way. Moe's tavern for sure. Any others?

Still, this machine is so much fun. Now I need to get a Phd to learn the rule set.

ramplarge.jpg

#105 6 years ago

OK...I'm in. I made a custom "topper" for my game but it is actually suspended from the ceiling above my game. It is a puzzle, sandwiched between plexiglass, and held together with bolts. I also added the characters on the front ledge of the backbox. There are sooo many toys available for the Simpsons brand that the mod possibilities are endless. I wish they were still making the light up Moe's sign. Does anyone know if the Alien saucer mod over the Nuke towers is still available? I have had it over a year now, and my high score is only 115M! There are tons of modes I may never see without taking the glass off..lol! Other machines may come and go, but I will never part with this one.

DSCF2060.JPG

#106 6 years ago

All wonderful looking TSPP's!!!!!

#107 6 years ago

FINALLY !!!
The Simpsons is what got me into pinball. I saw a DE simpsons last summer at a guys house I was picking up an Arcade game at. Being a longtime Simpsons fan I knew I had to get one like it. At the time I didn't know of TSPP or of Pinside but blindly went chasing down my first pin in Jan of this year - a DE Simpsons, which is now FS to fund my TSPP I just snagged off eBay this weekend.
I've played two TSPP and can't wait to get mine home this weekend.
The PF looks great but the cab is not pretty - sure wish they made a sticker kit..
Whats the list of mods for this thing?

#108 6 years ago

FYI, for people not in the know, Cliffy has built ramp protectors for the left and right ramps. Check out the details here http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-cliffy-ramp-protector/

Contact him directly for those as they are not listed on his site. http://www.passionforpinball.com/

Also, if any of you have had issues with your middle ramp behind the garage then read on. They tend to chip and break since so many shots go through the garage. Recently discovered that an important piece of mine was broken which was causing ball hang ups. Cliffy is considering making a protector for this as well. So show Cliffy some love and let him know that we want to to protect our TSPP ramps!

#109 6 years ago

I want to join this club. Does anybody here know of tspp pin that's for sale? If possibly close to Portland Oregon would be best.

#110 6 years ago

For those of you that have a Cliffy to protect wear on the Itchy and Scratchy hole -- which version do you have and do you like it? I'm trying to decide between the all metal version, or the clear plastic and metal version.

#111 6 years ago

I have the metal version on mine.

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from Blind_Willie:

For those of you that have a Cliffy to protect wear on the Itchy and Scratchy hole -- which version do you have and do you like it? I'm trying to decide between the all metal version, or the clear plastic and metal version.

Metal version here too. I like the metal look, but it's still pretty low profile.

#113 6 years ago

I went with the clear for aesthetic reasons. I am not sure if the thickness is the same between the two, but I noticed a big difference once it was installed. Much harder to hit the shot as the ball bounces out frequently. I understand that no matter what the physics are altered but wish it didn't affect gameplay as much as it does on my machine. Perhaps the metal version is less.

#114 6 years ago

Metal version here as well. No complaints

#115 6 years ago

I was just playing a game of TSPP and had a weird thing happen I have never seen before. I was on my first ball/multiball and was killing it. All of a sudden all sound stopped. It was almost like I was hitting too many things at once and it just overloaded! I continued playing for a minute in silence, and then just shut it down, thinking maybe I fried my sound card or something. When I turned the machine back on all the sound was back. Is this an indication of a problem starting or just some weird anomoly/programmimg glitch?

#116 6 years ago

If anyone in WA wants in, I'm selling mine $3800

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from hooch333:

I was just playing a game of TSPP and had a weird thing happen I have never seen before. I was on my first ball/multiball and was killing it. All of a sudden all sound stopped. It was almost like I was hitting too many things at once and it just overloaded! I continued playing for a minute in silence, and then just shut it down, thinking maybe I fried my sound card or something. When I turned the machine back on all the sound was back. Is this an indication of a problem starting or just some weird anomoly/programmimg glitch?

I had that happen but the sound came back after the multiball was over.
So far it's only happened once.

#118 6 years ago

Just got mine home yesterday. Not as bad in person as it looked in the ebay pics and it plays 99% so far. Only issue is accasionaly on start (or was it betwen games) it won't pop a ball up into shooter lane and searches for a ball. All balls are in shooter lane though..

Anyways guys - where do I get the beer mug mod?

Thanks !

#119 6 years ago

I found this in an antique shop the other day. Thought it would make a cool topper.

DSCF2461.JPG

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I had that happen but the sound came back after the multiball was over.
So far it's only happened once.

I've seen it a dozen or so times in years of play. It will usually come back pretty quickly.
Also sometimes the yellow arrow lamps will go out for an extended period of time, but again it will recover.

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from hooch333:

I found this in an antique shop the other day. Thought it would make a cool topper.

That definitely would a killer topper!!

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from hooch333:

I've been having a similar problem with mine fairly often. Once every couple days, the sound will cut off completely or cut to a steady tone that won't stop until the machine is power-cycled. I have also had the machine jump to maximum volume for a second or so just one time. In those cases, gameplay is fine except for sound.

I've also had the machine restart during a game and during attract mode. And one time the machine got stuck in a loop in the middle of a game flashing the GI at a rate of about once per second. I have a video I can post of that...

I imagine that these problems have a root cause (Occam's Razor), but I haven't figured out what it is. My 5V was high (5.25 V), but I got it set right now. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Edit: Running ROM 5.0

#123 6 years ago

What version of software is everyone running that is experiencing the glitches?

I've had similar sound problems where it will constantly repeat the same fraction of sound (almost like a stuck record) until the power is cycled. I'm running 4.0, but it is getting a full strip down and clean and updated with 5.0. Hopefully that can solve the problem.

On a different note, during said strip down, have noticed that the Itchy model is missing the axe. I always thought it was a stick of dynamite until I saw recent photos. I can source a replacement for that from a number of places.
However the plastic he sits on (right side rail No.26) got snapped during the cleaning process and I can't find anywhere who has it in stock. Can anyone point me in the right direction, or has one they would be willing to sell?

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

However the plastic he sits on (right side rail No.26) got snapped during the cleaning process and I can't find anywhere who has it in stock. Can anyone point me in the right direction, or has one they would be willing to sell?

I haven't had any noticeable sound issues yet. I am running on 5.0 and I am pretty sure PDXMonkey is too and he has had the sound issue. Upgrading to 5 is a cheap enough upgrade and hopefully that does it for you.

As for No.26, dang, that one is a big one to break. My google-fu isn't too strong but I have looked at some of the non-usual places with no luck. Looks like a lot of people have a similar issue. Guess just keep looking and hopefully one will pop up soon.

#125 6 years ago

I'm running 5.0.

#126 6 years ago

Last night, I cleaned up my TSPP for league play this upcoming Saturday. Usual rubber cleaning and playfield Novus. It came out great and I decided to play a game or two. I have a lot of games and I don't spend as much time playing them as I should, but Man, that's a fun game. It really doesn't get old.

A friend here in Atlanta is looking for one if anyone has any leads - PM me.

#127 6 years ago

Alright , I'm in now that my TSPP is officially a keeper! Got to AI for the first time last night and then added some fake steam to my cooling towers.

steam.jpg

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Last night, I cleaned up my TSPP for league play this upcoming Saturday. Usual rubber cleaning and playfield Novus. It came out great and I decided to play a game or two. I have a lot of games and I don't spend as much time playing them as I should, but Man, that's a fun game. It really doesn't get old.
A friend here in Atlanta is looking for one if anyone has any leads - PM me.

It is s really fun game but sometimes, I can put 10 games in a row in and get killed every time. Had that happen last night and I just had to turn it off before my cursing was heard across the street.

#129 6 years ago

Just because pictures are fun. Just installed the Duff Speaker inserts and lights. Got my first Mystery Spot last night. Totally messes with your head!

WP_20130816_001.jpg WP_20130816_003.jpg WP_20130816_004.jpg WP_20130816_005.jpg WP_20130816_007.jpg

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Is there another TSPP club I don't know about on Pinside?

In

#131 6 years ago

I'm sort of in the club. My son took my machine over to his house, and won't let me get it back. Got 2 alien invasions, but can't beat the high score I posted (I only got to it once, go figure). When he tops my score, I get it back. Want it to sit next to my Family Guy and see if it wants its jokes back.

#132 6 years ago

Love my TSPP.

Put Cointaker 555 slow fade colour change LED bulbs in the cooling towers - love the effect.

Also just picked up a Duff Energy drink can for a topper.

. Haven't made AI....

#133 6 years ago

I have 5.0 software installed and I was surprised to see that you can't put any more than 5 balls per game on it. We needed to change it to 6 for PinGolf. It was the only game besides an EM that we couldn't get to 6 balls. AC/DC Premium did it. I wonder why not for TSPP...

#134 6 years ago

I'm glad to be apart of the elite club now. Too bad I broke it in less than a week : (

#135 6 years ago

This game gives great opportunities for different strategies, I'm loving every second of it (except those painfully short games that require amazing self control so like someone said earlier about holding back so the neighbors don't hear you cursing). Sometimes it feels like the ball will never drain and other games it seems the pinball gods are against you, but that's just pinball.

Anyway for my kids and some guests I set my game to extra easy the other day, and I had to shut it off before my game ended because my high score was completely and ridiculously high. That being said, for the sake of proper bragging rights - it could be nice for you to let us know what settings your high score was on (ex: factory vs easy, competition play, extra balls & # of them, freeze time settings, 3 or 5 ball). Maybe I'm just too picky about the conditions for my grand champ numbers, so disregard if this doesn't matter to you. It's really all about having fun after all, so play on!

Doh! doh! DOH! Doh-doh! DOH! Doh!

#136 6 years ago

It finally arrived! My center ramp has the front lip chipped off and it was causing ball hangups with slow shots into the garage. This piece was nowhere to be found in the States. Ended up order from The Pin Witch in Germany. They had it in stock AND they accepted PayPal as opposed to a bank transfer. It actually arrived a lot sooner than I had anticipated.

So couple things. How hard would it be to replicate something like this? Would taking it to a place like TAP Plastics be able to vaccuform something like this? Would someone with some 3D printing expertise be able to scan this in and print one out? Take it to a fabrication shop and have them build one out of metal? Now that I have a pristine one, I don't want to go about breaking it. I am hoping that Cliffy will be able to come up with something to protect the lip on the front of these ramps but he is a busy man indeed. Anyone have any thoughts on this? It wouldn't even have to be orange since this part can't even be seen.

Either way, out with the old and in with the new. There has already been an immediate difference in game play. Can you see the missing piece? It isn't much, but it was enough to cause hangups back there.

Also, big thumbs up for The Pin Witch. Great communication and super fast shipping. If they have those hard to find pieces and you are stateside (or anywhere for that matter), don't hesitate to order from them: http://thepinwitch.com/

WP_20130819_001.jpg WP_20130819_003.jpg

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from Elfman:

Anyone have any thoughts on this? It wouldn't even have to be orange since this part can't even be seen.

I would definitely like to see it happen. Mine has a ramp protector.

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

So your center ramp has a protector? Couch ramp comes with one standard and Cliffy has made aftermarket ones for both the left(Treehouse) and right ramps(Moe's) ramps, but as far as I know, there aren't any protectors for this one but would love to see what yours looks like.

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

We would love to see it, Kwiki! My design will be a wraparound but I need to get my PF routed depth measurement just right or could cause hangs on slow rollers. But, hell, if Stern made one in later runs as yours apparently has then we need to get a pic and a a part number!

#140 6 years ago

I have officially re-joined this club

Here's a little before and after LED conversion (shitty LED's to PinballBulbs)

#141 6 years ago

Just took some pics tonight... sorry if it is a little dusty.

photo.JPG photo_(1).JPG photo_(2).JPG

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Just took some pics tonight... sorry if it is a little dusty.

Thanks for the pics. This ramp is the Couch ramp. The ramp that Cliffy and I are referring to is the garage ramp and is located behind the garage and is not seen unless you remove the upper playfield. If you successfully jump your ball through the garage, it lands on this ramp and gets sent to the VUK to be shot to the upper playfield. If you are not successful in your jump, it just lands in the outer loop and drains into the bumpers.

Again, thanks for the pics!

#143 6 years ago

My machine had never had the glass removed before I bought it. I started having solid garage shots not going all the way through, and sometimes the time before dropping down the left orbit was unusually long. Turns out there was a choke point created in my garage ramp by the two metal sides that narrow together funneling the ball towards the rear VUK (the screws go into the two little holes that can be seen on that ramp photo that was just posted). These are the two metal sides after the ball jumps over the orbit inside the garage. The left side had loosened and made the space small enough to prevent successful shots from going all the way through... I ended up getting a couple of balls stuck that couldn't be shaken out forcefully so I removed the upper playfield where I was able to identify the problem.

Perhaps that is another adjustment worth looking at if your garage shots aren't making it when they should be.

If that doesn't make sense let me know I think I took a photo of where the ball was getting stuck I could upload it if needed.

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from Elfman:

he ramp that Cliffy and I are referring to is the garage ramp and is located behind the garage and is not seen unless you remove the upper playfield.

Oh, OK, but you posted a picture of the couch ramp above.

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Oh, OK, but you posted a picture of the couch ramp above.

Yes, they are very similar but indeed different.

Center Ramp
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-6045-00

Couch Ramp
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-7273-00

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

added some fake steam to my cooling towers.

what a cool idea.

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from scollins918:

what a cool idea.

Thanks! It's just some poly fill from a stuffed teddy bear. I just threaded it through the o-ring that holds the towers on to keep it in place. They hold their shape pretty well.

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Thanks! It's just some poly fill from a stuffed teddy bear. I just threaded it through the o-ring that holds the towers on to keep it in place. They hold their shape pretty well.

totally dig it!

It got me thinking wouldn't it be cool if you could actually have a mini amount of steam actually come out of the towers, my dad had old lionel trains from the 50's that you dropped pellets into the main engine and smoke would appear that would be killer if stern could create almost a fog machine type of an effect perhaps the back box unless the glass was vented? I think more games should interact with the players like whirlwind / twister has the fan etc.

Side note while I don't currently own a TSPP...i'll be likely joing TSPP club really soon

***I'm sure most people know this but it's pretty neat.. "24 years now in it's 24th season The Simpsons FOX December 17, 1989 present 528 episodes which makes it the Longest-running animated series, longest running sitcom and longest running scripted primetime series.

#149 6 years ago

So riddle me this fellow TSPP owners. I am looking to replace the rubber just to the right of the garage. This is one of the large black posts that supports the upper playfield. On the rubber page in the manual, it lists this distinctly as "Sleeve 24mm" with part number 545-6028-24. However, when I attempt to find this part number, I keep getting directed to the 24mm coil sleeve.

Anyone have any tips on where to pick this rubber up? I don't think this rubber has been changed since creation and is plenty hard.

Here is the page that Marco directs me to:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=545-6028-24

Thoughts are apprecaited.

post.PNG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Sale Pending!
Bakersfield, CA
$ 218.00
There are 4364 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 88.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside