(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 146.
#1251 8 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I didn't even notice that KWIK-E-MART decal the first couple times I looked at that picture, was focusing on the other decals instead. Pretty clever, your creation?

I've often thought mine didn't spin as freely as I'd like but now you've got me wanting to fiddle with it.

Haven't tried 'em yet but this is my next move: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1322
For now I just put one stock black sleeve on the left side, balls can pass but it slows them down a bit so shots towards the right ramp and orbit are a little easier to hit.

I have the green translucent so was hoping for something like that..... but this might be it for now unless I figure a way to shrink the outside diameter on mine (belt sander?) ..... or put a black on if I kept any.... lol

#1252 8 years ago

just got into the club as well! Collected last Tuesday!

#1253 8 years ago

So my backbox light stopped working. I thought the bulb was burnt out, changed the bulb and still nothing. Any ideas?

#1254 8 years ago

change the starter

#1256 8 years ago

Thanks, does it just twist off?

N/M I got it. thanks

#1257 8 years ago

guys, I have problem finding settings of the volume for the game. Help a men in need..

#1258 8 years ago
Quoted from oogiebooogie:

guys, I have problem finding settings of the volume for the game. Help a men in need..

Do yourself a favor and grab the manual as well:

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/226/the/1561/The_Simpsons_Manual.pdf

volume_(resized).pngvolume_(resized).png

#1259 8 years ago

Accidental post...

1 week later
#1260 8 years ago

Sigh does anyone know where I can find a cb guy left ramp? Bay area, marco, mad are all out. Pinballife has one but no flap and i dont have a way to rivet the old one on.

#1261 8 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Sigh does anyone know where I can find a cb guy left ramp? Bay area, marco, mad are all out. Pinballife has one but no flap and i dont have a way to rivet the old one on.

Ask Terry at PBL if he could rivet the ramp flap if you sent him your old ramp.

#1262 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Ask Terry at PBL if he could rivet the ramp flap if you sent him your old ramp.

Thanks, he's going to do the swap for me.

#1263 8 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Thanks, he's going to do the swap for me.

I thought he would.

Terry's a great guy.

#1264 8 years ago

I had noticed that some instructions cards are in yellow and some are in white? Is there a reason for that?

#1265 8 years ago

I had noticed that some instructions cards are in yellow and some are in white? Is there a reason for that?

Different colored inks

#1266 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Different colored inks

Thanks, dad.

Don't know but mine is a 2003 and has white. Guessing Stern changed colors at some point, they made a couple runs... I'm sure someone on here knows when and possibly why. I never ceased to be amazed.

#1267 8 years ago

I noticed while playing last night that my sign to the right of the TV was dead so I went after it today... Found this wire pulled out of the molex connector. I have smaller crimp terminal pins in my toolbox but not this size, anybody know what size I should grab from Fastenal or RS?

WP_20160404_002_(resized).jpgWP_20160404_002_(resized).jpg

#1268 8 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I noticed while playing last night that my sign to the right of the TV was dead so I went after it today... Found this wire pulled out of the molex connector. I have smaller crimp terminal pins in my toolbox but not this size, anybody know what size I should grab from Fastenal or RS?

I'm not for certain, but I would think it's the 0.1" (2.54mm):
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/categories.asp?cat=70

#1269 8 years ago
Quoted from mskoenen:

I'm not for certain, but I would think it's the 0.1" (2.54mm):
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/categories.asp?cat=70

The crimp terminal needs to fit the connector, not the wire. Looks like you have two different size wires in that same connector, but all the crimps are going to be the same. I think 0.1" is going to be too small for that connector.

#1270 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

The crimp terminal needs to fit the connector, not the wire. Looks like you have two different size wires in that same connector, but all the crimps are going to be the same. I think 0.1" is going to be too small for that connector.

That's my thinking as well. The 0.093" looks a bit small and the 4.2mm (0.165") looks pretty close but was hoping somebody knew off the top of their head. Was going to snap a picture but I just got home from work and now I can't find the pin that was sitting here on my desk earlier. Guess I'll give Stern a call, nothing in the manual I could find.

And you're right, the rest of the wires look to be 18-20awg while the one that pulled out could be as small as 24awg. Maybe that's why it one pulled out - not as good a crimp on the smaller diameter insulator. I'd be curious if other folks had the same combination on theirs but not expecting anyone to check for me. =)

#1271 8 years ago

Good news: fellow pinhead hooked me up with an assortment of sizes so I should be good
Bad news: just found out what a Molex crimp tool costs

*sigh* i didn't get this far in life by half-assing stuff, not gonna start now. i am beginning to understand why operators would opt for cheap and dirty though.

#1272 8 years ago

Ok so I replaced the broken treehouse ramp, put everything back together and everything works except the LED tv doesn't turn on. I only unplugged the plastic connector, I've tried reseating the plug multiple times, but still no go. I don't see anything in the manual that helps troubleshoot. Any ideas?

#1273 8 years ago

Never mind, got it sorted out.

#1274 8 years ago

What was wrong?

1 week later
#1275 8 years ago

Just wanted to thank Sparky for the great Itchy & Scratchy TV mod - to echo many people before, it's an absolute must-have for TSPP owners and always attracts a lot of attention when people come over to play. Sparky's said previously that he's not making any more, but I think he's getting overwhelmed with requests for a second batch. I found a great place for the TV over the I&S kickout hole, at an angle so that it faces the player and, best yet, doesn't require moving Itchy or Scratchy. To secure it, I drilled a little hole in the side of the TV and then threaded through a thin zip tie and secured it to the nearby post. It's held strong for at least 50-60 games since without budging.

IMG_0277_(resized).JPGIMG_0277_(resized).JPG

IMG_0280_(resized).JPGIMG_0280_(resized).JPG

IMG_0278_(resized).JPGIMG_0278_(resized).JPG

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1276 8 years ago

I bought my machine with that mod and love it. People that come over and play can't believe that it's aftermarket. It really looks like it belongs in the game.

#1277 8 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

TSPP was the very first pinball ( NIB ) I purchased nearly 10 years ago and still have it. Great game.

Yoink!

#1278 8 years ago

I joined the TSPP club a few weeks ago. Bought a HUO with 230 plays on it. Absolutely loving this game. I am considering installing a punching bag next to the cabinet though. I could have used it last night when I was a few thousand short of Grand Champion score. I've always heard that the pinball addiction can hit hard...and it has.

IMG_8771_(resized).jpgIMG_8771_(resized).jpg

#1279 8 years ago

Yes, now you have the best TSPP out there by far!

#1280 8 years ago

I agree....he does has a nice TSPP.

Wish mine looked that good....but then again, I was lucky enough to get mine at a nice price before pin prices sky-rocketed. I've had my TSPP for 5 years...it's going nowhere any time soon.

#1281 8 years ago

Get the color DMD for TSPP...well worth the money.

#1282 8 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

Yes, now you have the best TSPP out there by far!

Thanks again, really enjoying it. I never really knew how hard the wizard mode was until reading through this thread.

#1283 8 years ago
Quoted from billin:

Just wanted to thank Sparky for the great Itchy & Scratchy TV mod -
IMG_0277_(resized).JPGIMG_0280_(resized).JPGIMG_0278_(resized).JPG

I see your Scratchy hammer has broken off as well, damn that thing!

#1284 8 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

Replacements were on eBay for $5 shipped not that long ago...

#1285 8 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

Yes!!! Both Itchy and Scratchy have had the heads break off of their weapons and are now just holding handles - looks like they're trying to stab each other with hot dogs. It's annoying, but I haven't been able to find suitable replacements yet...

#1286 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Get the color DMD for TSPP...well worth the money.

Had just convinced myself to do this over the weekend; went to order and they're out of stock again. I put one in my IJ earlier this year and love it.

#1287 8 years ago

Joined the club (again) a few weeks ago. Wanted to have the nicest possible TSPP and found this one. Manufacturing date is 31-12-2009 and it was unboxed in 2013 and has many many mods, all led, custom powdercoating, speaker decal, inner decals, all target decals, all cliffies etc.

Very happy and this one will be the last pin to leave the house.

20160420_234605_(resized).jpg20160420_234605_(resized).jpg

#1288 8 years ago

WOW!

#1289 8 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Joined the club (again) a few weeks ago. Wanted to have the nicest possible TSPP and found this one. Manufacturing date is 31-12-2009 and it was unboxed in 2013

Wow, didn't realize they were still making TSPP in 2009!

#1290 8 years ago
Quoted from billin:

Yes!!! Both Itchy and Scratchy have had the heads break off of their weapons and are now just holding handles - looks like they're trying to stab each other with hot dogs. It's annoying, but I haven't been able to find suitable replacements yet...

Here you go:

www.amazon.com/dp/B00005NFAZ/

You can also find them on eBay loose for a bit cheaper.

#1291 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Wow, didn't realize they were still making TSPP in 2009!

I have heard they did an extra run of TSPP in 2009 just for the US market. If someone knows more about this, please elaborate

#1292 8 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I have heard they did an extra run of TSPP in 2009 just for the US market. If someone knows more about this, please elaborate

Apparently they didn't need it if they had some made in 2009 that weren't unboxed until 2013!

#1293 8 years ago
Quoted from pumpkinlad:

Here you go:
amazon.com link »
You can also find them on eBay loose for a bit cheaper.

Woohoo, thanks!!

1 week later
#1294 7 years ago

I keep hearing about a directors cut eprom, does anyone have any info on this?

Also, for the adult mode on the game, is there a summary of the call out changes for this?

#1295 7 years ago

My left sling plastic has a bit of a flesh wound. Anyone kindly point me in the direction of a replacement ?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1296 7 years ago

There was a set of TSPP plastics at Allentown for $150 but they looked like they'd been abandoned on the beach or something, all scratched up and faded. Is this going to be one of those games where the licensing makes it impossible to get parts remade?

#1297 7 years ago

Hi TSPP owners,

Just checking if you guys usually play your game on competition mode when mystery award lights up tv modes, or just regular game? For me, I always play my game on competition mode as I always find it hard to enter the right orbit to light tv modes.

#1298 7 years ago

For me, I always play my game on competition mode as I always find it hard to enter the right orbit to light tv modes.

For some reason, I usually have more trouble making the right orbit than I do the left ramp! But I still play regular settings. Not competition.

#1299 7 years ago

The Homer Car is now available as a hotwheel. Might look cool in one of your pins somewhere.

http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Wheels-Homer-Simpson-Car/dp/B00IIXLS02/ref=as_li_ss_tl

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
$ 16.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.95
$ 218.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/26?hl=homer714 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.