Topic Stats

• 5,212 posts
  • 524 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by multibrawlr
  • Topic is favorited by 229 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,173 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3309 (resized).JPG
IMG_20200803_172731 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200803_172719 (resized).jpg
61748168017__70815519-6ACF-4B73-BECF-7DC1FEA0408B (resized).jpeg
A0D68876-1930-4073-9648-8863380838AC (resized).jpeg
ACA2DF20-D27C-42C8-B9FD-A5B6E1DB6D2C (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200724_213531985 (resized).jpg
TSPPpin (resized).png
1DAD4D72-F2CE-49B6-A19F-D22A77DB4FE5 (resized).jpeg
3D10FBF1-4CD4-41CE-931C-F093D5A2C5D6 (resized).jpeg
3741CF5C-6136-4A22-8DA0-34448314306C (resized).jpeg
552DF7F9-C717-4A90-89AE-C350720A64D5 (resized).jpeg
A2229329-7606-4258-B5D2-B2AAA1BE5DBB (resized).jpeg
4A3E60C9-A32C-4416-BB5D-5E7DB2583194 (resized).jpeg
46AC71E6-1F8E-4525-9767-D7CB850C05AD (resized).jpeg
57A30AF3-F6B1-450B-8770-128ED0B91B71 (resized).jpeg

There are 5212 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 105.
#1201 4 years ago

So I've been having fun replacing various bits, doing some color matching. However, now I've created this problem with the Superbands post sleeves:

WP_20160222_003_(resized).jpg
WP_20160222_002_(resized).jpg
WP_20160222_001_(resized).jpg

Any ideas on how to fix this or should I just put one of the original black sleeves back in for now?

#1202 4 years ago

I had the same problem! I just put those back to standard ones.

#1204 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I had the same problem! I just put those back to standard ones.

If you dont want to go back to black, you can also buy the red stern post sleeves (not titan, cliffy, etc.). They work fine in this location.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=68

#1205 4 years ago

Finally finished this project after a two year hiatus....

Former Chuck E Cheese machine, with just over 50k in earnings. Every single part was gone through/redone, cabinet decals, auto paint, etc. Way too many hours to count.

Only thing left to do is throw some instruction cards in it.

IMG_20160222_214552927_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160222_214533957_HDR_(resized).jpg

#1206 4 years ago

$50k in earnings?! Holy smokes..

#1207 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Only thing left to do is throw some instruction cards in it.

Dang that looks nice. Just needs a magnetic apron decal...

Sweet work. Hard to believe it's got that many miles on it!

#1208 4 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Just needs a magnetic apron decal...

Does that exist? Honestly, the apron is the only thing that bothers me a little. I didnt want to do red because there is already a lot of red. If there is an apron decal, I would love to see it.

#1209 4 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

So I've been having fun replacing various bits, doing some color matching. However, now I've created this problem with the Superbands post sleeves:

I bet everyone makes that same mistake when swapping out all the original post sleeves. I know I did.

#1210 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Does that exist? Honestly, the apron is the only thing that bothers me a little. I didnt want to do red because there is already a lot of red. If there is an apron decal, I would love to see it.

If there's not one out there by the time I get around to it, I intend to make one (or two). Probably have to stay on the grey...

Just out of curiousity, do you have any pics of that machine before you started on it?

Quoted from gweempose:

I bet everyone makes that same mistake when swapping out all of the original post sleeves. I know I did.

Yeah, I was less than pleased mostly because I'm a cheapskate and always try to order parts strategically in order to spread out the cost of shipping. I don't need anything else from Pinball Life at the moment but I'm sure I'll come up with something. Comet did me a favor this month by being out of stock on half my order. =)

#1211 4 years ago

By the way: if anyone needs a new Scratchy figure, there's a guy on eBay with a bunch of 'em for $5 each, shipped. I'd noticed my hammer had been glued at some point in the past so I snagged a replacement. Beats the hell out of $30 from Marco!

1 week later
#1212 4 years ago

Does anyone have any tip/tricks to dial-in the krusty spinner shot? No matter what I do that shot seems clunky. It's very frustrating when trying to stack modes.

I have the clear playfield plastic guide on the orbit, and I've tried angling the spinner bracket forward,backward, raising it...but nothing makes it reliable. I think it likes to get hung up on that plastic guide and roll back out.

#1213 4 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

WP_20160222_003_(resized).jpg
WP_20160222_002_(resized).jpg
WP_20160222_001_(resized).jpg
Any ideas on how to fix this or should I just put one of the original black sleeves back in for now?

I have this exact problem...... want to keep it color coordinated..... I have green on it...... guessing there is no other option? PLEASE tell me there is......

#1214 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

20160220_170256_(resized).jpg

I didn't even notice that KWIK-E-MART decal the first couple times I looked at that picture, was focusing on the other decals instead. Pretty clever, your creation?

Quoted from catboxer:

Does anyone have any tip/tricks to dial-in the krusty spinner shot? No matter what I do that shot seems clunky.

I've often thought mine didn't spin as freely as I'd like but now you've got me wanting to fiddle with it.

Quoted from Homer714:

I have this exact problem...... want to keep it color coordinated..... I have green on it...... guessing there is no other option? PLEASE tell me there is......

Haven't tried 'em yet but this is my next move: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1322

For now I just put one stock black sleeve on the left side, balls can pass but it slows them down a bit so shots towards the right ramp and orbit are a little easier to hit.

#1215 4 years ago

I have lots of games with spinners and TSPP is the worst. It CAN be hit cleanly, but it has to be juuuust right.

#1216 4 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

I have lots of games with spinners and TSPP is the worst. It CAN be hit cleanly, but it has to be juuuust right.

I believe you. :/

#1217 4 years ago

Back in the club Simpsons was my first Pin back in 2003 but sold it on after a couple of years. Well just scored this beauty . I just felt I've some unfinished business to conclude

What have I missed in the world of TSPP?

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1218 4 years ago

Does anyone know where a can I get a plastic protector set? All the places I know of are out of stock.

#1219 4 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

What have I missed in the world of TSPP?

I make/sell PF plastics protectors for TSPP now.

Also have a lighted Moe's sign mod, if interested.

#1220 4 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Does anyone know where a can I get a plastic protector set? All the places I know of are out of stock.

I have TSPP plastic protectors:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-pf-plastic-protectors-now-available

#1221 4 years ago

I can vouch for his plastic protectors and provide high res photos if desired. I don't play my machine hard enough to really need them but damn they look good - enough that I've started noticing machines that either have or should have had them.

#1222 4 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I can vouch for his plastic protectors and provide high res photos if desired. I don't play my machine hard enough to really need them but damn they look good - enough that I've started noticing machines that either have or should have had them.

Thanks emkay

The TSPP protectors are probably the most popular of all the protectors I make.

Everyone really seems to like them.

#1223 4 years ago

Joined the club tonight

20160306_170309_(resized).jpg

20160306_170243_(resized).jpg

20160306_170239_(resized).jpg

#1224 4 years ago

Congrats, and I like those Met instruction cards

#1225 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Joined the club tonight

20160306_170309_(resized).jpg20160306_170243_(resized).jpg20160306_170239_(resized).jpg

Nice! I have my TSPP right beside my Met too.

#1226 4 years ago

Me too!

IMG_20151020_012645052_(resized).jpg

#1227 4 years ago

I picked up a nice HUO TSPP last week, and between me and my kids, we have had a blast playing the snot out of it.

I have noticed one thing that is bothering me about the machine. When the ball drains, the machine won't register it until you hit the flippers. At first I thought this was an issue with the trough switches, but when I go into the ball clear test the trough switches appear to be working fine. The ball will fire out of the launch lane, and return to the drain, and the trough switch instantly registers it. It is making me wonder if this is a software issue. The machine is running 4.0 roms.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

#1228 4 years ago

Definitely not a rom problem. I have run 4.0 for years. Sounds like a flakey switch.

#1229 4 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I picked up a nice HUO TSPP last week, and between me and my kids, we have had a blast playing the snot out of it.
I have noticed one thing that is bothering me about the machine. When the ball drains, the machine won't register it until you hit the flippers. At first I thought this was an issue with the trough switches, but when I go into the ball clear test the trough switches appear to be working fine. The ball will fire out of the launch lane, and return to the drain, and the trough switch instantly registers it. It is making me wonder if this is a software issue. The machine is running 4.0 roms.
Has anyone else encountered this issue?

The trough switches may be registering, but the trough boards may be an issue. Take the balls out of the game and put the game in switch test mode. What does it show as being active? Should be Homers head and that's it I believe. If it shows anything in the trough that's your problem. While in test mode, hit the flippers to see what activates.

#1230 4 years ago

Being I just joined the club too I'm looking for settings tips and recommendations. I'm just factory default and installed home at the moment.

Also, I added the drops cliffy and hole protector. I think I am going to grab sling plastic protectors too. Anything else you guys recommend for protection?

#1231 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Also, I added the drops cliffy and hole protector. I think I am going to grab sling plastic protectors too. Anything else you guys recommend for protection?

I sell a complete playfield plastic protector set...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-pf-plastic-protectors-now-available

I also sell the lighted Moe's sign mod...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-lighted-moes-sign-for-tspp-available

Contact me, if interested.

#1232 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Anything else you guys recommend for protection?

Trojans?

Cliffy's shooter lane eject protector is a must have, also mylar bits around the pop bumpers if they're not there already.

#1233 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

nything else you guys recommend for protection?

If haven't already, check the condition of your garage ramp(Take the upper playfield off to inspect). There is a lip in there that is prone to breaking. Mine was and the part is pretty rare. I worked with Cliffy to get a protector built for it. Of course, I recommend getting all the protectors from Cliffy as well.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-cliffy-ramp-protector/page/2

#1234 4 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I have noticed one thing that is bothering me about the machine. When the ball drains, the machine won't register it until you hit the flippers.

Check for cracked solder connections on the trough boards. I had a similar problem and I think the problematic ones are near the solenoid.

#1235 4 years ago
Quoted from Elfman:

If haven't already, check the condition of your garage ramp(Take the upper playfield off to inspect). There is a lip in there that is prone to breaking. Mine was and the part is pretty rare. I worked with Cliffy to get a protector built for it. Of course, I recommend getting all the protectors from Cliffy as well.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-cliffy-ramp-protector/page/2

Thanks, I ordered the Cliffy set yesterday and am crossing my fingers it isn't broken yet.

#1236 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Thanks, I ordered the Cliffy set yesterday and am crossing my fingers it isn't broken yet.

If it's broke the Cliffy will fix it, and if it's not it will protect it from breaking. It trully is a win win product.

#1237 4 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

If it's broke the Cliffy will fix it, and if it's not it will protect it from breaking. It trully is a win win product.

I concur. My TSPP had a minor crack on the lip of this ramp that resulted in the ball getting stuck fairly often. After installing the cliffy the ball has never gotten stuck in the garage again.

#1238 4 years ago

WP_20160313_004_(resized).jpg

WP_20160313_006_(resized).jpg

WP_20160313_015_(resized).jpg

#1239 4 years ago

I'm officially in the club.

#1240 4 years ago

Just brought home the PinballRx resto. Waiting on my boy to be off work tomorrow night to help me with the steep stairs to the basement. Thanks Icust298 for the move assist and game. DSM Pinball!

#1241 4 years ago

Welcome, Goalie!

#1242 4 years ago

Has anyone changed the florescent bulb in the back box with an LED? Would the ballast need to be changed?

#1243 4 years ago

You wouldn't need it.

#1244 4 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Has anyone changed the florescent bulb in the back box with an LED? Would the ballast need to be changed?

I know there are some exact fit LED conversions for fluorescent tubes but didn't think one existed for that size.

I removed mine and replaced it with an interactive LED panel from Flipper Fidelity; Looks 1000 times better.

#1245 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I know there are some exact fit LED conversions for fluorescent tubes but didn't think one existed for that size.
I removed mine and replaced it with an interactive LED panel from Flipper Fidelity; Looks 1000 times better.

I'm thinking about getting that myself.

Looks pretty cool

#1246 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

They do look cool, but that price is a bit too much to justify it. That's one of those Friday night after playing for a while and too much beer kinda purchases. lol

#1247 4 years ago

I had the exact same reaction when I saw the price. Yeah, not likely.

I am curious though if there are any good locations to tap GI power in the head, I got a set of Kang & Kodos toys that really need LED lighting... any suggestions?

#1248 4 years ago

I also dug up a set of bendable Kang & kodos Keychains, any have mount hardware info? I haven't searched the forum yet.

#1250 4 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

They do look cool, but that price is a bit too much to justify it. That's one of those Friday night after playing for a while and too much beer kinda purchases. lol

For the record I had only had 3 beers when I purchased it. I had forgotten how much it cost. Ouch. Much happier with it than a topper though, the single fluorescent bulb lighting in Sterns really bothers me, TSPP translite looks so much better now, richer colors and the color changing glow coming from the nuclear cooling towers is awesome.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
PinBoss Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 5212 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 105.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside