(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 hours ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 146.
#1101 8 years ago

Also just joined as got HUO TSPP.

Never have I played a game with so many shots on a table!

Not even close to understanding it yet.

In monorail mode I had the ball draining down the rail but it didn't seem to advance?

#1102 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Congrats. The basic strategy is to start the tv modes. If the yellow arrow by the tv is lit, shoot the tv to start it and then hit the flashing inserts. For monorail mode, let the ball drain down the month rail ramp 5 times I think it is. If the yellow tv insert light is not lit, shoot the right orbit, known as the krusty loop, to light it again, rinse and repeat. Do that for all the modes and you will reach alien invasion. You don't need to finish the modes to start AI, but for each mode you finish, more time gets added to AI. Plus, finishing modes can give valuable victory lap scoring. That is just the basics, there are many more modes not associated with the tv, read the rule set for those.

Sure... No problem... Piece of cake...
Glad I'm not feeding loonies into it!

#1103 8 years ago
Quoted from Reidyb3:

Sure... No problem... Piece of cake...
Glad I'm not feeding loonies into it!

Better to feed loonies than USD!

#1104 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Also just joined as got HUO TSPP.
Never have I played a game with so many shots on a table!
Not even close to understanding it yet.
In monorail mode I had the ball draining down the rail but it didn't seem to advance?

Monorail mode is
Drain from upper playfield
Shoot a lit shot
Rather rinse repeat.

Hope that helps

Enjoy!

#1105 8 years ago

Every now and then I speed run Alien Invasion for fun. Take the challenge. Here is my best so far at 7min 45sec, with a big chunk of wasted time in there. Should be easy for someone to beat.

#1106 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Monorail mode is
Shoot a lit shot
Rather rinse repeat.
Hope that helps
Enjoy!

Ah, thanks - I thought mine was broken but I was just draining without hitting a lit shot!

Going to take many months to work this game out, which is good.

#1107 8 years ago

In the club!!

Anyone try out pink Titan rubbers? Someone made a whole kit for it, but no pics.

#1108 8 years ago

Hello,

in the club too !

Restauration in progress !

IMG_20160102_154529_(resized).jpgIMG_20160102_154529_(resized).jpg

#1109 8 years ago

This game can drive you crazy. Game after game of sub-million scores and comic book guy insulting you. Next you pull off a prolonged multi-ball, hit a few ramps and orbits then all of a sudden things go nuts with the reverses flippers and 5 balls. Thought I was going to have a seizure!

#1110 8 years ago

Just picked up TSPP yesterday- my first pinball machine! Looks like the start of a new addiction...

IMG_0163_(resized).JPGIMG_0163_(resized).JPG

#1111 8 years ago

Playfield plastic protectors for TSPP now available...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-pf-plastic-protectors-now-available

(lighted Moe's sign mod as well).

#1112 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Just picked up TSPP yesterday- my first pinball machine! Looks like the start of a new addiction...

IMG_0163_(resized).JPG

Welcome!

#1113 8 years ago

Hey all, thought I'd give a heads up that the newest set of rule cards I've designed are for TSPP!

Feel free to download @
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/tspp-v1

SimpsonsV1Pre_(resized).jpgSimpsonsV1Pre_(resized).jpg

#1114 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Hey all, thought I'd give a heads up that the newest set of rule cards I've designed are for TSPP!
Feel free to download

Beautiful design, nice work!

#1115 8 years ago

Calling all TSPP pinball owners, if you haven't reviewed TSPP on IPDB.org, please head over there and give it straight 10s:

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4674

Currently TSPP is ranked 21st and is rated a 8.07/10, and I just think that's a travesty.

#1116 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Feel free to download @
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/tspp-v1

SimpsonsV1Pre_(resized).jpg

Looks great!

Not to nit pick, but thought youd want to know there is a typo on Daredevil line. It says "playfield shorts" instead of "playfield shots"

#1117 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Looks great!
Not to nit pick, but thought youd want to know there is a typo on Daredevil line. It says "playfield shorts" instead of "playfield shots"

Nit picking is good, I hate typos!

For now though, I'll blame the typo on Bart, and just say EAT MY SHORTS!!

But seriously, I'll get that fixed first thing tomorrow, and thanks for the heads up

#1118 8 years ago

Typo has been fixed on the rule cards. Will be making many more completely different versions of these down the road. Next up will probably be a Treehouse of Horror themed set.

#1119 8 years ago

The cards look great. My condolences for having to try to summarize the rules in a 10 point list. (This is actually true for most modern tables, I know, but sheesh. To accurately tell someone what to do on TSPP would take a small book.)

#1120 8 years ago

got this TV from McDonalds, turned it into a mod...nothing like the TVs using the rasberry pi, but for $2, can't complain.

TSPP_TV_1_(resized).JPGTSPP_TV_1_(resized).JPG

1 week later
#1121 8 years ago

Which flipper rubbers do yall have on TSPP

I replaced the tired factory red flipper rubbers when i got my TSPP with red super bands. I have superbands on my met pro and TFLE and they are nice. But on my TSPP i find it very difficult to control the ball (catch and cradle). It seems to bounce off the wire guide rails and the super bands and just stay out of control. Balls bounce off flippers and back up into the slings, balls rolling down the inlane even slow ones wont stop on the flipper bat etc.

After about a year of frustration, tonight i switched out to some new factory red rubbers and they were also bouncy, bout the same. Maybe a bit better. Then i swapped out to some purple rubber ones i had. Surprisingly they match the playfeild well and are a lot less bouncy. Dead flipper passes dont bounce back up into the slings, i can actually catch the ball more often.

So whats everyone use on their TSPP? Do you find it more bouncy than other stern pins, or is it just me and my imagination. Maybe i should jack the back legs up some to increase the pitch? Any ofher ideas?

#1122 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I used the reach across with opposite arms trick, which made it pretty easy. This is such an awesome game!

I suffered a week or two before finally insisting that my wife try it after she'd double-flip painfully through it and get pissed off. It works really well for me.

#1123 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Then i swapped out to some purple rubber ones i had. Surprisingly they match the playfeild well and are a lot less bouncy.

Funny you ask, there should be a full set of purple superbands in my mailbox tomorrow or the day after. I shall report back!

#1124 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Which flipper rubbers do yall have on TSPP
I replaced the tired factory red flipper rubbers when i got my TSPP with red super bands. I have superbands on my met pro and TFLE and they are nice. But on my TSPP i find it very difficult to control the ball (catch and cradle). It seems to bounce off the wire guide rails and the super bands and just stay out of control. Balls bounce off flippers and back up into the slings, balls rolling down the inlane even slow ones wont stop on the flipper bat etc.
After about a year of frustration, tonight i switched out to some new factory red rubbers and they were also bouncy, bout the same. Maybe a bit better. Then i swapped out to some purple rubber ones i had. Surprisingly they match the playfeild well and are a lot less bouncy. Dead flipper passes dont bounce back up into the slings, i can actually catch the ball more often.
So whats everyone use on their TSPP? Do you find it more bouncy than other stern pins, or is it just me and my imagination. Maybe i should jack the back legs up some to increase the pitch? Any ofher ideas?

Titans. Awesome. Yellows at the bottom and purple on the third. Yes, purple is a surprisingly good look.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1125 8 years ago

Just installed Daniel's side board decals. The previous owner(s) had them but never got them on. Have to give props for the quality and ease of installation. Nice addition to a great game.

#1126 8 years ago

Those look great!

#1127 8 years ago

They sure do! Mine should be on their way... OCD board and RGB LED panel next. I'm having almost as much fun with the glass off as I do playing this game. Purple superbands really helped a lot, wife got to Alien Invasion on her first ball after we put 'em on.

#1128 8 years ago

Had an awesome game tonight.

During first couch MB i was down to two balls. All 3 drops were knocked down, and somehow i lucked out and one of the two balls came to rest on top of the row of drops and stayed there. So i was able to pretty much work in single ball play with the MB running. I was able to get 2 super jackpots (most ive ever lit) and was greedily working on the 3rd before the ball got knocked off the targets to continue real MB play.

Ended up making it to 5ball round of alien invasion (most i had ever done was 3 or 4 ball round). Wasnt able to complete invasion though. Tough fun mode.

Completed secret stash

Played scratchy's revenge (or is it Itchy's??). Is there a completion for this or just playing it. Ill have to reread bowens rule sheet. I didnt even know what to do in this mode. First time getting there.

Finally also played the backwards flipper button mode (name escapes me at the moment). Also dont know if there is a competion of the mode or just rack up points?

Pretty stoked! But follow up games have all been short ball draining. Imguess thats how it goes.

#1129 8 years ago

Can someone post what the differences are in the 5.0 rom?

#1130 8 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Can someone post what the differences are in the 5.0 rom?

http://www.actionpinball.com/tech/tspp.txt

- *** THIS GAME ROM REQUIRES DISPLAY VERSION 5.00 OR HIGHER. ***
- Mystery award no longer gives the same award back-to-back in competition
mode.
- Mystery award no longer lights extra ball if one was already lit.
- Mystery award no longer lights special if one was already lit.
- Kwik-E-Mart standup now changes digits correctly in competition mode.
- HSTD Reset now also resets Grand Champion (there is now no way to manually
erase the non-grand-champion scores, they will reset themselves only on
the HSTD Reset Count adjustment). This is to address not being able to
change the default grand champion score.
- If an Otto award gets stacked in the display queue, it will now show the
correct shot that was doubled (previously it would generally always show
upper playfield at 2x scoring if it was queued).
- Homer's TV-lit speech now takes priority over Krusty's quotes again, and
will also be heard if the display effect doesn't get to run.
- TV start effects now stack after combo and other awards.
- Couch lock and multiball start animations now stack after combo and other
awards.
- Major award events (e.g. TV mode start, Otto award, Treehouse awards) now
only hold up the device they are associated with, not all kicking devices.
- Combo awards now awarded before anything else on a given shot.
- Itchy and Scratchy eject now double-checks to make sure the targets are
actually down before trying to eject the ball. It also waits until any
drop target reset process is complete before kicking.
- Otto eject now has more low-power kick table entries.
- Couch multiball start lamp effect now called from the display effect.
- Couch multiball start lamp effect now goes away properly if the start
display effect is blown off.
- New U.S. default pricing, 1/.75, 3/$2.00

#1131 8 years ago

thanks!

#1132 8 years ago

So, is it worth upgrading from 4.0? Not sure what display ROM I have but assuming that would need done as well.

#1133 8 years ago
Quoted from mot:

- Itchy and Scratchy eject now double-checks to make sure the targets are
actually down before trying to eject the ball. It also waits until any
drop target reset process is complete before kicking.

That right there makes it worth it.

#1134 8 years ago

Interesting. I've seen a routed TSPP that had issues with trying to eject with targets up but mine's pretty fresh and I've never seen it happen. The only thing I've seen is during Alien Invasion, accidentally getting two balls locked in the I&S saucer and then getting stuck until the timer runs out. Is there a way to force all locked balls to eject if that happens?

I suppose the firmware upgrade might as well be done, I'm running out of major bullet points on my list of possible upgrades and I'm not ready to start bolting more toys on yet. =)

#1135 8 years ago

Yes, hold the start button in for a few seconds and it will release the two balls, I think that was implemented in 4?

#1136 8 years ago

Thinking of selling my HUO TSPP, just on the fence about it. Game is great, but there are a few of them in the area.

#1137 8 years ago

My newest TSPP. TSPP was the first pin I bought (NIB back in 2005)

pin1_(resized).jpgpin1_(resized).jpg

pin_(resized).jpgpin_(resized).jpg

simpson6_(resized).jpgsimpson6_(resized).jpg

116b_6_(resized).jpg116b_6_(resized).jpg

simpson2_(resized).jpgsimpson2_(resized).jpg

116b_5_(resized).jpg116b_5_(resized).jpg

#1138 8 years ago

^^Very nice. Welcome back into the club.^^

#1139 8 years ago

So if I'm not having the I&S issue there's really no need for 5.0? Are there any "must have" mods? I heard led ocd board...

#1140 8 years ago

silly old elf side decals and color dmd are must have imho.

#1141 8 years ago

LED OCD is CRUCIAL! Best bang for your buck mod out there, LED's look super harsh without it. Mine worked great right out of the box with no further tweaking required. It really is a thing of beauty having all the proper fading effects.

#1142 8 years ago

Agreed. Mine was partially converted to LED when I bought it and I didn't understand why until I finished the conversion... the light show was a complete mess! LED OCD took a couple minutes to install and now it looks absolutely fantastic.

Quoted from cableguy918:

silly old elf side decals and color dmd are must have imho.

My side decals should be here any day and I'm planning on doing an RGB LED panel as soon as they get that sorted out.

#1143 8 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

My newest TSPP. TSPP was the first pin I bought (NIB back in 2005)

pin1_(resized).jpgpin_(resized).jpgsimpson6_(resized).jpg116b_6_(resized).jpgsimpson2_(resized).jpg116b_5_(resized).jpg

Congrats!

This one has my lighted Moes sign mod...that has to increase its' value by $1000......

#1144 8 years ago

I wish Stern would do a vault edition of this game. I would replace my routed game for that. It's the deepest game Stern makes.

#1145 8 years ago

Just joined with a nice HUO. Loving it so far - a lot to do. Will have to get used to the long ball times.

It's my first Whitestar Stern and i noticed the sound is pretty average. Any recommended upgrades for sound? Speakers? Boards?

#1146 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just joined with a nice HUO. Loving it so far - a lot to do. Will have to get used to the long ball times.
It's my first Whitestar Stern and i noticed the sound is pretty average. Any recommended upgrades for sound? Speakers? Boards?

Best sound upgrade is an external sub.

#1147 8 years ago

How would you connect the sub? Simply solder to the existing cabinet speaker? Was researching a sound upgrade for my TSPP just yesterday.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#1148 8 years ago

Just hook up the wires for the sub to the world tabs. I loosen the round plastic piece that the power chord goes through in the back of the game and run the sub woofer wires out from the cabinet through the gap. Enjoy

#1150 8 years ago

World tabs?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Youngstown, OH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 45.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.