(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 146.
#901 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

For the pop bumpers (2x scoring) there is not an insert that says 2x is there? How is 2x notified when active or completed for the pops?

The part with homer sleeping in his chair will be lit. Just not as bright. There are two 90 degree sockets under there.

#902 8 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

The part with homer sleeping in his chair will be lit. Just not as bright. There are two 90 degree sockets under there.

I put bright red smd lights under there to at least make it more closely resemble the other 2x scoring modes.

#903 8 years ago

I custom did my whole game with LEDs from Comet. I also added an LED OCD board. It came out fantastic. Probably the best LED job I've ever done.

#904 8 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

You really gotta add some bright LEDs under there to light it up properly. I used two of these and it looks awesome!

http://www.cometpinball.com/2-SMD-FLEX-Non-Ghosting-p/2smdflexng.htm

Comet_LEDs.pngComet_LEDs.png

#905 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You really gotta add some bright LEDs under there to light it up properly. I used two of these and it looks awesome!
Comet_LEDs.png

What color? any pics of the insert with those LEDs?

#906 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Comet_LEDs.png

If I'm remembering right - that's what I used as well. Two 2x flex bulbs like that. bright white - pointing up at the playfield. (Of course.)
edit - just checked an old order - those are the exact ones I ordered for that, though it was "natural white."

Question about your OCD board. I've noticed that while the LEDs look great, they really don't handle the pulse effect that the table does for some inserts. Notably, the 2X inserts when Mystery Spot is ready to go (Not that I see that that often.) and more often, the daredevil inserts when a given daredevil mode is active.

Assuming this is a common thing - does the OCD board take care of it?

Edit again - reading something at ledocd.com and it seems it actually works better with non non-ghosting LEDs. Not really sure that I'll ever bother with an OCD board, but it's nice to know, I guess.

#907 8 years ago

I used normal Not-non-ghosting in mine. Even with the non-ghosting, esp in attract mode, the flickering was bad. Definitely recommend the ledocd board. It is fantastic.

#908 8 years ago

I have Comet's non-ghosting and they work great, no flicker on mine at all. Art was even nice enough to help me LED the game. I used to be against them but the Comet bulbs look great and really brighten up a dark game. Make sure to put some really bright ones on the backboard of the PF, really cuts down the glare from the DMD if it is lit up good.

#909 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What color? Any pics of the insert with those LEDs?

I went with warm white for that insert. In fact, I used either warm white or sunlight white on most of the game. I often go with a "cooler" white, but I felt the color palette of this game worked best with something warmer. I used twin 2835 SMDs with frosted lenses in sunlight white for 90% of the GI. These are the best GI bulbs I have found so far from any manufacturer. They are very bright and spread the light out nicely. There were a few areas where the bulbs were in direct line of site. I find this to be distracting, so in these cases I used either a less intense frosted bulb, or a flexible one so I could angle the light away from the player. In a couple spots I actually chose not to even use a bulb, as it was unnecessary. I'll try to get some pics of the game if I get a chance later today.

#910 8 years ago

I just have been playing Tspp quit a bit since I picked it up. It's super fun and has so many shots the rules, call-outs and dots are all very nice. I was afraid it was going to be too stop and go, but while it does stop (for Otto) and the delays to get to the upper PF, but not bad and it's nice to stop and gain the info to see what's doubled and such. My only criticism would be that I'd prefer the ramps to be true ramps to the upper PF rather than the up-kicker.

I was worried that it was going to be too long playing, but so far, I have quite a lot of short games on it. I know the rules are designed for longer play but I'm having a lot of fun even on my crummy 3 Million to 12 Million point games. I have the back legs cranked way up like I do on all my games, so it's not floaty at all, but there are some crazy brutal drains on this game like out of the slings shots to the left out lane but 'that's pinball'.

#911 8 years ago

Hit both flippers at the same time when its in Otto or in the couch and it will release quicker, skipping the animations.

#912 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Hit both flippers at the same time when its in Otto or in the couch and it will release quicker, skipping the animations.

I read that, thanks, but I don't really mind seeing the Otto animations since they tell me what to shoot.

#913 8 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I did automotive paint in red, and some yellow as well....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tu=ralphwiggum#post-1705116
I think yellow would look pretty good too. I was trying to decide between red and yellow, and ended up doing a little bit of both.

My dad is currently doing paint touch ups on my cabinet and suggested red legs and yellow coin door. I showed him pictures of your machine from Pinside and he's on a mission to do that. I originally wanted hot pink as I played a sited one with those colours and thought it looked great. I think the artist is going to have his way. Haha

#914 8 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

My dad is currently doing paint touch ups on my cabinet and suggested red legs and yellow coin door. I showed him pictures of your machine from Pinside and he's on a mission to do that. I originally wanted hot pink as I played a sited one with those colours and thought it looked great. I think the artist is going to have his way. Haha

I gotta post more pics of the finished cab.... I also painted the head white, red tmolding, red speaker panels, yellow speaker grill, and yellow dmd.

#915 8 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I gotta post more pics of the finished cab.... I also painted the head white, red tmolding, red speaker panels, yellow speaker grill, and yellow dmd.

#916 8 years ago

Yeah, I redecaled the cabinet, I should have said that the inside of the head is white....

20150719_210438.jpg20150719_210438.jpg

#917 8 years ago

I've had this game for over a year now and I'm still completely blown away by how amazing it is. I'm hooked on it. Last night I was so close yet so far away from sdmewm. Beat secret stash, daredevil mania, alien invasion, and Springfield mystery spot. Only had 3 super jackpots though and didn't even get to start scratchy's revenge. Actually I've only even started scratchy's revenge a couple of times and never beaten it yet. Every time you feel close there is still so much farther to go. At least there is a glimmer of hope shining through that tunnel!

Even though I was upset that my game had ended I couldn't help but laugh at how my final ball defied the laws of physics to somehow drain down the right outlane without touching anything from some absurd hook shot off the bottom right flipper. Haven't seen that one before.

Worst ball ever on the best game ever!

#918 8 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

I've had this game for over a year now and I'm still completely blown away by how amazing it is.

Yup. So much depth. Here's a great love-thread you might enjoy. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-is-the-best

#919 8 years ago

Finally got a ball on the couch, unfortunately just got the one... But at the end of my third ball the couch ball was still in position and didn't release. Is this correct? Does it stay there until you get the others on the couch? Sorry for the newbie question

#920 8 years ago
Quoted from Johnc1983:

Finally got a ball on the couch, unfortunately just got the one... But at the end of my third ball the couch ball was still in position and didn't release. Is this correct? Does it stay there until you get the others on the couch? Sorry for the newbie question

It's controlled by a setting. You can have it empty the couch at the end of a game or keep the balls there to make starting MB easier the next game.

#921 8 years ago

Got my mint (seriously, looks like it just came out of the box!) TSPP the other day and have not had such a blast in a long time. I have only ever played this a handful of times before and know it's deep, but man, there is so much going on all the time! I am a big LED lover but I have to say the incandescents that are directly below and glow through the orange ramps are absolutely beautiful. They are staying.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg

#922 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Got my mint (seriously, looks like it just came out of the box!) TSPP the other day ...

Congrats! That game is gorgeous! Do yourself a favor and protect that shooter lane and the I&S hole before you start to get wear. Keep that thing mint.

#923 8 years ago

Well, I've had my HUO TSPP for several weeks now, and I'm loving it! I decided to get my armor powdercoated, add LED's, and install a color DMD. It looks and plays great! Here's a quick pic:

IMG_1470.jpgIMG_1470.jpg

I also decided to add leg protectors... and since they are metal, they went to the powdercoater also. The cabinet had felt protectors and all of the art was preserved up to this point, so now it's going to stay that way.

IMG_1454.jpgIMG_1454.jpg

Color DMD

IMG_1483.jpgIMG_1483.jpg

#924 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Well, I've had my HUO TSPP for several weeks now, and I'm loving it! I decided to get my armor powdercoated, add LED's, and install a color DMD. It looks and plays great! Here's a quick pic:
IMG_1470.jpg
I also decided to add leg protectors... and since they are metal, they went to the powdercoater also. The cabinet had felt protectors and all of the art was preserved up to this point, so now it's going to stay that way.
IMG_1454.jpg
Color DMD
IMG_1483.jpg

Looks awesome in that line up. Do you have any other photos of your collection online?

Cheers!
Adam.

#925 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Congrats! That game is gorgeous! Do yourself a favor and protect that shooter lane and the I&S hole before you start to get wear. Keep that thing mint.

I recommend all the Cliffy pieces for TSPP. Especially the garage ramp. Those ramps are unobtanium now and have a tendency to have the front lip of it chip off under heavy use. Have to get the I&S protector (made by Cliffy) through pinbits. All the others (left ramp, garage ramp, and right ramp) can be gotten from Cliffy directly http://passionforpinball.com

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#926 8 years ago
Quoted from Elfman:

I recommend all the Cliffy pieces for TSPP. Especially the garage ramp. Those ramps are unobtanium now and have a tendency to have the front lip of it chip off under heavy use.

Marco appears to have them in stock ...

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-6045-00

#927 8 years ago

On my machine occasionally the ball will be in I&S scoop and the middle target will be up and the ball will try to eject with the middle target up once and then the target will drop and it will eject. Is that normal?

#928 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

On my machine occasionally the ball will be in I&S scoop and the middle target will be up and the ball will try to eject with the middle target up once and then the target will drop and it will eject. Is that normal?

I'm pretty sure any targets that happen to be up when you are in the I&S scoop always drop before it attempts to eject. I have not once had it try to eject with a target still up. But mine could be the odd one.

#929 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What code version are you running? Code updates were supposed to have fixed this by dropping all targets when ball lands in the hole. If you don't fix this, your target will break at some point.

#930 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What code version are you running? Code updates were supposed to have fixed this by dropping all targets when ball lands in the hole. If you don't fix this, your target will break at some point.

what he said

#931 8 years ago

I've older code but have bought new rom, is it hard to install?

#932 8 years ago

A couple of times now I've had to reach into the garage and clear the ball. It seems to be stuck on not much at all, almost like a magnetised ball might stick to another one in ST. Is there something I should get in there and adjust? No problem investigating, just thought I'd check to see if it was a common issue first.

#933 8 years ago

And if the garage doesn't always open when I hit it, is that just the switch not always registering? Or do I have to light something to open it? I'm pretty sure it's the switch as sometimes the hurry up doesn't register either. I can't find anything to "light garage to open", so I'm thinking the switch.

#934 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I've older code but have bought new rom, is it hard to install?

Not hard. Use a small flat head screw driver to gently pry the old rom out. When you put the new rom in make sure the notch on the chip is oriented to match the notch on the board, or just remember how it was when you took the old one out. You need to replace both the display and game rom. 5.0 is the latest. Make sure you don't bend the legs on the rom and that they are all in the right holes.

#935 8 years ago

power off

#936 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Not hard. Use a small flat head screw driver to gently pry the old rom out. When you put the new rom in make sure the notch on the chip is oriented to match the notch on the board, or just remember how it was when you took the old one out. You need to replace both the display and game rom. 5.0 is the latest. Make sure you don't bend the legs on the rom and that they are all in the right holes.

Thanks, I'm a SAM guy, this is my first Whitestar pin.

#937 8 years ago

Hello All,

Just joined and really enjoying all the information avaliable. Great place!

I recently bought TSPP and it plays well but there is issues I see. Mostly in the shooter lane.

Is this something that can be fixed or something really really bad? This is my first pinball machine and was just excited to get it.

Any information is helpful.

Thanks!

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#938 8 years ago
Quoted from service_unknown:

Hello All,
Just joined and really enjoying all the information avaliable. Great place!
I recently bought TSPP and it plays well but there is issues I see. Mostly in the shooter lane.
Is this something that can be fixed or something really really bad? This is my first pinball machine and was just excited to get it.
Any information is helpful.
Thanks!

image.jpg image_1.jpg

That is normal wear. Cliffy makes a protector for that spot.

#939 8 years ago

Thanks TimeBandit for the response. Is it worth it to try and fix that part or just put the protector on it? At some point I'm going to take apart the whole thing and clean and replace things. Right now me and my kids are enjoying playing it.

#940 8 years ago

Thanks TimeBandit for the response. Is it worth it to try and fix that part or just put the protector on it? At some point I'm going to take apart the whole thing and clean and replace things. Right now me and my kids are enjoying playing it.

Personally, once the shooter lane is gone I don't do anything about it. Doesn't affect gameplay and there's no point in putting the protector there. That wear has been caused by many, many more games than you are likely to put on it at home. You can put the protector on to pretty it up, but be aware that the thinner protectors can deform to take the shape of the worn depression that they are covering.

#941 8 years ago

This had been out of stock for the longest time. I had to get mine from the Pin Witch in Germany. Maybe I'll order another one even though my new ramp is protected by a Cliffy now.

#942 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

A couple of times now I've had to reach into the garage and clear the ball. It seems to be stuck on not much at all, almost like a magnetised ball might stick to another one in ST. Is there something I should get in there and adjust? No problem investigating, just thought I'd check to see if it was a common issue first.

This is indicative of maybe a couple things. The front lip of your ramp could be damaged (or chipped off entirely, mine was when I got it) or the metal ramp in the garage has come out of alignment. Not impossible but that metal ramp is pretty sturdy so I am thinking the former issue is at play. It only takes a little bit for the ball to lose momentum and not make it to VUK to the upper playfield.

So I recommend taking off the upper playfield and asses the state of the garage ramp.

#943 8 years ago
Quoted from Elfman:

This is indicative of maybe a couple things. The front lip of your ramp could be damaged (or chipped off entirely, mine was when I got it) or the metal ramp in the garage has come out of alignment. Not impossible but that metal ramp is pretty sturdy so I am thinking the former issue is at play. It only takes a little bit for the ball to lose momentum and not make it to VUK to the upper playfield.
So I recommend taking off the upper playfield and asses the state of the garage ramp.

Thanks for the feedback Elfman. Here's what it turned out to be. The switch arm in the garage was scraping against the left ball guide. So if the ball was going at juuuust the right speed, it would get caught by the sticky switch arm. This is why it only ever happened a couple of times. Imagine the odds of a ball having enough momentum to get over the gap, but not enough to push the switch out of the way, and get stuck on the back side of the ramp being held in place by the switch arm pressing against the ball guide. This is why it was so easy to clear and felt like it was stuck on not much at all..as soon as my finger nudged the ball, the switch would give and all would return to normal.
I bent the switch arm a little to clear that ball guide and all fixed 100%.
Man I love this machine. And the kids are NUTS for it. Best, kid, theme, ever.

#944 8 years ago

My son has been playing this game just about everyday since I picked it up. He's determined to beat it he says. Is there another pin like TSPP? I'm new to this but I keep reading this has the "deepest set of rules" made for a pin known to date.

If I decide to pick up another pin, would be nice to know what others have deep rules or something very entertaining like TSPP.

#945 8 years ago

My son has been playing this game just about everyday since I picked it up. He's determined to beat it he says. Is there another pin like TSPP? I'm new to this but I keep reading this has the "deepest set of rules" made for a pin known to date.
If I decide to pick up another pin, would be nice to know what others have deep rules or something very entertaining like TSPP.

LOTR and WOZ have deep rules

#946 8 years ago
Quoted from dug:

LOTR and WOZ have deep rules

Yes. You'll find many of us have both TSPP and LOTR in our line up. Then, get something "fun and brainless" for a third. Mine is POTC but your mileage may vary.

#947 8 years ago

Just joined!

Has anyone installed a more powerful coil (especially the right flipper) on the mini-playfield? I can barely make it up that ramp once every few games… or maybe I just suck. It feels really underpowered to me.

#948 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Has anyone installed a more powerful coil (especially the right flipper) on the mini-playfield?

I have not, and have not heard of anyone doing so.

I suggest you do the usual rebuild, then, of course, the timing of the shot is tight indeed.

Welcome to the club!

#949 8 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Yes. You'll find many of us have both TSPP and LOTR in our line up. Then, get something "fun and brainless" for a third. Mine is POTC but your mileage may vary.

Good to know, I'll look into those. Thanks for the tip.

#950 8 years ago

Recently I've noticed a loud pop/feedback noise at the end when the ball drops on Disco Stu when both numbers match up. Anyone know what might be causing this issue?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 218.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.