(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 hours ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 146.
#851 8 years ago

Currently shopping mine and after putting it all back together, the game seems so fast that about 50% of the time, the ball flies off the Wireform when you hit the right ramp. Is this a levelling issue or a bent wireform. Visually, the Wireform looks fine.

Cheers!
Adam.

#852 8 years ago
Quoted from Frankenator:

Anyone else have this insta-drain phenomenon when plunging:
1.) you pull the plunger 100% back &
2.) the ball hits one of the outlane posts (factory location) on the way out of the plunge and
3.) ball goes straight down the outlane instead of shooting onto the playfield?
I'm wondering if that's an adjustment that can even be made to the plunger? (NOT interested in moving the outlane posts)
Wasn't sure if I was the only one who encountered this "issue"

Your game is not leveled...

#853 8 years ago

Thanks Gomer, lowepg Gweempose for the cliffy info.

#854 8 years ago
Quoted from Frankenator:

Anyone else have this insta-drain phenomenon when plunging:
1.) you pull the plunger 100% back &
2.) the ball hits one of the outlane posts (factory location) on the way out of the plunge and
3.) ball goes straight down the outlane instead of shooting onto the playfield?

I'm wondering if that's an adjustment that can even be made to the plunger? (NOT interested in moving the outlane posts)

Wasn't sure if I was the only one who encountered this "issue"

Even at 100% back (which I almost never do) my ball does not do as you described. It goes screaming up into the Left Ramp / Kwik-E-Mart area. You have a guide rail bent or something?

IMG_2855.JPGIMG_2855.JPG
#855 8 years ago

Here is what I got, thought I had more but after digging through all the bins this is what I have. Several NOS and the rest came off a HUO game but the customer just wanted everything new even the plastics...lol

Anyone is interested still let me know

Thanks, MattNOS plastics.JPGNOS plastics.JPGHUO plastics.JPGHUO plastics.JPGHUO plastic right side.JPGHUO plastic right side.JPGIMG_4496.JPGIMG_4496.JPGIMG_4497.JPGIMG_4497.JPG

small_crack_by_ned_feet.jpgsmall_crack_by_ned_feet.jpg

#856 8 years ago

Stacked Itchy on top of couch and had some time to snap this pic...image.jpgimage.jpg

#857 8 years ago

Hi all - just wondering if anyone has installed mirror blades on their TSPP? If so any photos? Am working out whether to do mine...

#858 8 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

Here is what I got, thought I had more but after digging through all the bins this is what I have. Several NOS and the rest came off a HUO game but the customer just wanted everything new even the plastics...lol
Anyone is interested still let me know
Thanks, MattNOS plastics.JPG HUO plastics.JPG HUO plastic right side.JPG IMG_4496.JPG IMG_4497.JPG

small_crack_by_ned_feet.jpg

I have no idea if it was intentional or not, but scrolling down through the photos of the right side plastic and mentally thinking to myself "Stop scrolling and PM him now!" only to get to the last image was pretty funny. I got pinblueballs.

#859 8 years ago

I was in Europe for a few weeks, and I put the MDM's out of stock while I was away. Some people had emailed me about the TSPP TV availability. I'm back, and it's now available again on the website. The TSPP TV has been my best seller by a landslide! I'll be adding about 15 more titles sometime over the summer

http://sparkypinball.com/

Fattrain TSPP Installed.jpgFattrain TSPP Installed.jpg

Itchy Scratchy Install.jpgItchy Scratchy Install.jpg

#860 8 years ago
Quoted from Johnc1983:

Hi all - just wondering if anyone has installed mirror blades on their TSPP? If so any photos? Am working out whether to do mine

you should consider "silly old elf" side decals. they look amazing on this game.

#861 8 years ago

Just had another game same as the others: Huge ball one, choke city for the rest. Tried watching Bowen's tutorial for inspiration.

Watching it got me thinking: What rules does everyone keep theirs on in the home environment? Seeing Bowen play it on competition mode made me realize how much easier it is to get Alien Invasion when it's set up that way. What other rules do people play with?

Personally, I've been enjoying playing that an EB is earned at 12 Million, instead of a replay. Normally, I don't like having points earn extra balls, but I find it's a good way to give me another chance on games where I start out reasonably well. (Not ready to resign myself to five-ball just yet.)

#862 8 years ago

I'm hoping to join this club soon! I'm looking for a HUO sample of this game and am located in Florida.. if anyone has one or knows of one within driving distance, please PM me!!

#863 8 years ago

Regarding extra balls - some people disable them completely. For me personally I leave them on. My reasoning is this: the thing I love most about TSPP is the amount of strategic decisions you have to make on the fly. The depth and strategy seems to be what most people love. By leaving the extra balls on it creates that much more strategy for what your next shot should be. How many moe ramps you have, how many nuclear values you have, whether or not you've gotten your first couch super, plus the many other ways to get extra balls all have the potential to change what your priority shot is going to be and how you want to play. By turning off the extra balls you are taking away a portion of the biggest attraction (strategy) of the game in my opinion. That being said I do have the bozo extra ball turned off because I'm not a fan of being given one for nothing.

#864 8 years ago

I'm about to join the club. As it typically happens, I was supposed to be off today, but got called in on a semi-emergent basis. Unexpectedly, so I should be picking the game up right now, but it may be 4pm instead. Sad but on the bright side, my pay could buy a led kit or part of a color DMD.

The game is stock nice HUO, except one mod which is the LDC TV over the spinner.

What's my first/best thing to do, LEDs or Color DMD?

#865 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What's my first/best thing to do, LEDs or Color DMD?

Congrats on the find. Tough question.

I've done both. The ColorDMD is cool and a nice addition for sure. But the LED's *changed* the game more dramatically. (I went with a kit from pinballbulbs.com btw.) It's now easier to play in a darkened room, my wife likes the game much better, and it's a whole different experience.

For that reason, I'd say go with the ColorDMD first. Get to know the machine and get used to it. *Then* switch to LED's for a whole new experience. That's what I did, and I'm loving the machine all over again.

#866 8 years ago

It's getting closer

image.jpgimage.jpg

#867 8 years ago

My first Whitestar game, how do you adjust the volume?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#868 8 years ago

Open the door look right below the lock there is a volume button

#869 8 years ago

Thanks scollins918 - I have flicked a pm off to silly old elf, they look amazing!

#870 8 years ago

Hi all - does anyone know where I can get the duff beer can mod that I have seen in some people's pictures? It looks great - so far I have ordered the itchy and scratchy TV mod and sent off an email to sillyildelf re side decals. Colordmd is on its way and garage door mod will be next once back in stock - can't wait until there all put in!!!! Great ideas to all involved.

#871 8 years ago
Quoted from Johnc1983:

Hi all - does anyone know where I can get the duff beer can mod that I have seen in some people's pictures? It looks great - so far I have ordered the itchy and scratchy TV mod and sent off an email to sillyildelf re side decals. Colordmd is on its way and garage door mod will be next once back in stock - can't wait until there all put in!!!! Great ideas to all involved.

I think you can get the Duff can at mezel mods:

http://mezelmods.com/collections/simpsons-pinball-party

#872 8 years ago

Weekend of Lego with my daughter, and a nice (temp) topper just for fun. image.jpgimage.jpg

#873 8 years ago

Could someone please explain or provide pic of how the coach weld fix bracket is attached to pf? Which post exactly lines up with the hole? For some reason things don't seem to be lining up.

Thanks
Jack

#874 8 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Could someone please explain or provide pic of how the couch weld fix bracket is attached to pf?

It's hard to get good pics without removing the ramp, but these should help. When it is properly installed, it forms a "T" with the coil stop. It is mounted through a hole in the couch weldment, and the curved part goes around the bulb.

P1070356.jpgP1070356.jpg
P1070361.jpgP1070361.jpg

#875 8 years ago

Thanks gweempose! Just what I needed.

Jack

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#877 8 years ago

I'm new owner, have started couch MB twice, but both times there was only 2 balls locked in the couch. Is that normal?

#878 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm new owner, have started couch MB twice, but both times there was only 2 balls locked in the couch. Is that normal?

Yes, you can be awarded locks via Mystery when going to the upper playfield.

#879 8 years ago
Quoted from leesparts:

Yes, you can be awarded locks via Mystery when going to the upper playfield.

Ok. I wanted to add that I have it set on never save locks. But that makes sense about the mystery awards.

These rules are so damn crazy I wish more games were as well written.

#880 8 years ago

On Wednesday I moved to a new place. The move went well. I was on a second floor walkup, but am now ground level. For obvious reasons, that's much better.

Finally got the pins running this afternoon. I had them setup a few days back, but with so much on my plate, leveling and verifying that they played 100% took a backseat. But today, finally got a few games in. They're setup about the same here as the old place (if anything, maybe a little steeper) but it's clear the new place has much more pin mojo.

First game on TSPP, finally reached Secret Stash for the first time. I drained instantly, but hey, I made it!

I was gonna shut it down for the night, but decided to do one more. Recently, I've been focussing on nothing but TV Modes in an attempt to get to Invasion. Tonight was the night! I made it to four balls in Invasion, and got Daredevil Mania along the way. Not bad at all.

I still have so much to learn about this machine. So many rivers to cross, some I know I never will. But for tonight, at least, I'm thrilled.

IMG_20150712_214950.jpgIMG_20150712_214950.jpg

#881 8 years ago

I didn't have the heart to video it, but my parents visited me this weekend and both played my Simpsons.

Pro tip - if you have the ability to watch a 70 year old woman play pinball for the first time in 50 or so years, do not miss it. She did not reach SDMEWM.

74 year old dad flailed away for a few games, and then put up a decent little 20M score despite having no clue what he was doing. ("Hey - I think hitting it in that TV thing does stuff!") Then I pulled the glass and started up Mystery Spot for him. I think he was half way through it before he even realized that the flippers were reversed.

#882 8 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Then I pulled the glass and started up Mystery Spot for him. I think he was half way through it before he even realized that the flippers were reversed.

Well, when you're double-flipping, what difference does it make!

#883 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Well, when you're double-flipping, what difference does it make!

It's like you were the fly on the wall.

He did well with a single ball. The occasional I&S two ball multiball would send him into a double flipping frenzy though. Mystery Spot was just chaos with some swearing thrown in.

#884 8 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

I think he was half way through it before he even realized that the flippers were reversed.

Hahaha you're probably right!

#885 8 years ago

Hey guys, started alien invasion the other night, as soon as the ball came around from the tv I got it locked on the couch an no other ball kicked from the trough, and alien invasion just timed out at about 50 seconds ,has this happened to anybody before?? I have started alien invasion before a few times but never got it up on the couch straight away so I was wondering if theres an order that you mite have to lock balls in or if there was a glitch in my machine. thanks in advance..

#886 8 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

has this happened to anybody before??

That definitely does not sound like correct behavior, and I've never seen anything like that.

Before Alien Invasion (in the latest software, at least), the display shows a message that you can hold the start button to release balls. The reason this feature exists is because it's possible to get two balls stuck in the Itchy and Scratchy hole, and that problem cannot resolve itself.

Perhaps that would have gotten the system back on track for you...

#887 8 years ago

What about this bug?

I'd be playing a game, garage door is opened. Ball ends but not the last ball. But I restart a new game. However the garage door will re-open spotting me a letter and 10,000 points.

In order for me to reset the garage to down, I'd have to turn the power off.

Doesn't happen every time but enough to be annoying.

#888 8 years ago

ok cool, I should just take the glass off an see if it happens again, alien invasion is pretty far an few between for me so it might take me a while to do it without the glass off. I thought there must have been a problem, if so would it be a problem with the boards?

#889 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What about this bug?
I'd be playing a game, garage door is opened. Ball ends but not the last ball. But I restart a new game. However the garage door will re-open spotting me a letter and 10,000 points.
In order for me to reset the garage to down, I'd have to turn the power off.
Doesn't happen every time but enough to be annoying.

yeah that definatly happens on my game aswell.

#890 8 years ago

I am thinking of powdercoating my armor Yellow and would like to see some pics of those that have already done it. I have seen the green, and I'm not sure I like it, I think yellow fits better on this game.

Lets see your Yellow armor if you have a pic!

#891 8 years ago

I'm thinking about a LED kit, especially think the inserts need more briteness for me, is this a good or bad idea?

#892 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm thinking about a LED kit, especially think the inserts need more briteness for me, is this a good or bad idea?

I put some in mine and think it looks great. FYI, you will need non-ghosting LED's in this game, I tried the cheaper LED's that work in the newer Sterns and you'll get flicker and ghosting since this game is older.

#893 8 years ago

I put LED's in mine and it looks SO much better. Color matched the inserts and as previous poster said, make sure you go with non-ghosting. I didn't use a kit, so not sure what it includes, but you will also want the 90 degree flexible LED's for the upper playfield.

#894 8 years ago

Thanks, what are 90 degree flexible for the upper PF is that for the inserts?

#895 8 years ago

I used a variety of leds ( not non ghosting) in all of my inserts and not a single one ghosts.

#896 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks, what are 90 degree flexible for the upper PF is that for the inserts?

Just grabbing the first one I see at Comet, but he means something like this:

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1-flux-wired.htm

There are a few inserts where the socket is at a 90 degree angle to the playfield. A few on the upper playfield, and if I remember right, two for the large homer area in the bumpers.

Edit - repeating what others have said though - I fully LED'd mine and it makes a huge difference in my opinion. Looks better overall, and the upper playfield area is lit up way better which negated some terrible glare I was getting from the translite.

#897 8 years ago

On that homer pop bumper insert.... I used a white flex bulb but you can still barely tell it lights up. Same for everyone?

#898 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

On that homer pop bumper insert.... I used a white flex bulb but you can still barely tell it lights up. Same for everyone?

Yeah - the insert (If you can call it that) is pretty opaque compared to the others. I used two bright white flex ones, and you can tell when it's lit, but it's definitely not going to be as bright as some of the others.

#899 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I am thinking of powdercoating my armor Yellow and would like to see some pics of those that have already done it. I have seen the green, and I'm not sure I like it, I think yellow fits better on this game.
Lets see your Yellow armor if you have a pic!

I did automotive paint in red, and some yellow as well....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tu=ralphwiggum#post-1705116

I think yellow would look pretty good too. I was trying to decide between red and yellow, and ended up doing a little bit of both.

#900 8 years ago

For the pop bumpers (2x scoring) there is not an insert that says 2x is there? How is 2x notified when active or completed for the pops?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 45.95
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Youngstown, OH
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.