(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,359 posts
  • 713 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by pacman11
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1946 (resized).jpeg
20220406_110902.jpg
20220406_110841.jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_9852 (resized).jpeg
66B5C204-B2AD-4D88-85A3-782B27AE3B6B (resized).jpeg
E956B7C2-B59A-4E34-BE1E-4A2AEE21678E (resized).jpeg
7644015B-1021-4AFC-823D-245D87771E72 (resized).jpeg
E66E35CA-3CA5-4968-8729-BCB0D59AFBC5 (resized).jpeg
B6FC93F5-71D1-4B0B-B856-C151EF7CEF3E (resized).jpeg
IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,359 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 148.
#7301 77 days ago

That speaker panel decal from Allentown looks pretty dam good.

IMG_9852 (resized).jpegIMG_9852 (resized).jpeg
#7302 77 days ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Yep… world of Springfield is what stern used.

True. Stern was there long before cake-topper-gate

#7303 76 days ago

Could use some assistance with my new TSPP. Only one of the three trip coils work for the drop targets. I’m not even sure to begin with this.

Any assistance on what to look for is greatly appreciated.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7304 74 days ago

Anyone have a spare Itchy and Scratchy Hole protector they can sell? If so please message me. Thanks

#7305 73 days ago

Is a flipper fidelity speaker upgrade worth it? I know the sound is simply not good (like all Whitestars), but does it improve it at all? Not sold on the Pinsound package that doesn't have the original callouts.

#7306 73 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Is a flipper fidelity speaker upgrade worth it? I know the sound is simply not good (like all Whitestars), but does it improve it at all? Not sold on the Pinsound package that doesn't have the original callouts.

You can put the original sound package on Pinsound and then edit the sounds to your liking.

#7307 73 days ago

Still looking for a front decal if anyone has one..

#7308 73 days ago

Post to the Allentown speaker panel decal if anyone is interested.

ebay.com link: itm

#7310 73 days ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Still looking for a front decal if anyone has one..

Front cabinet decal? I have a spare retro refurbs donut one if interested

#7311 73 days ago

I have a couple of donut shooter rods available from our most recent batch! Get one before they are all sold out!

https://flipmods.com/product/donut-shooter-rod/

20220406_110841.jpg20220406_110841.jpg20220406_110902.jpg20220406_110902.jpg
#7312 72 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Front cabinet decal? I have a spare retro refurbs donut one if interested

Sure I'll take it.. PM sent

#7313 72 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Yes. I have FF in five of my Sterns.

#7314 67 days ago

What’s the best way to prevent the ball from rolling back into the couch VUK? It’s strong enough to make it up, it just rolls back in sometimes.

#7315 67 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

What’s the best way to prevent the ball from rolling back into the couch VUK? It’s strong enough to make it up, it just rolls back in sometimes.

It’s pretty common for this to happen. I don’t think there is a 100% fix other than to make sure the upper playfield is properly aligned and the vuk mech is not loose.

#7316 67 days ago

My coin switches don't always work.
They work great when using your finger to activate the switch, but a coin will sometimes go through without activating a credit.
I've adjusted the switches so that they are at the end-of-stroke as a quarter falls through.
Anyone else had this issue? I couldn't find mention of it while searching.

I remember Data East switches needing a capacitor to elongate the signal... is that applicable here?

#7317 65 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Update: the trick is to slightly raise the metal lip in front of the kick out hole, it prevents the ball from rolling back in.

#7318 63 days ago

Strangely it seems my left two flippers aren’t wired for stage flipping, it’s just one leaf switch. Can someone please post an image of the left flipper switch in their cab?

#7319 63 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Strangely it seems my left two flippers aren’t wired for stage flipping, it’s just one leaf switch. Can someone please post an image of the left flipper switch in their cab?

Mine aren't either, there's only one leaf switch. I think that is normal for TSPP.

Otherwise it would be a bit too easy to hold one ball on the lower-left forever while working the garage and upper playfield. What the pros do is catch on both sides, shoot the garage from the right, then post pass left-to-right while the ball is ejecting into the living room.

It's possible to set up a machine to shoot the garage directly from the left - raise the left flipper alignment, and a slight right-to-left lean helps. If you can and want to do this, it's a game changer.

#7320 63 days ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Mine aren't either, there's only one leaf switch. I think that is normal for TSPP.
Otherwise it would be a bit too easy to hold one ball on the lower-left forever while working the garage and upper playfield. What the pros do is catch on both sides, shoot the garage from the right, then post pass left-to-right while the ball is ejecting into the living room.
It's possible to set up a machine to shoot the garage directly from the left - raise the left flipper alignment, and a slight right-to-left lean helps. If you can and want to do this, it's a game changer.

Helpful post, thanks!

#7321 62 days ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

My game is set up level with the flippers aligned properly, and I can hit the garage from the left flipper to get to the living room. No special setup needed (nor should you tbh).

#7322 61 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

My game is set up level with the flippers aligned properly, and I can hit the garage from the left flipper to get to the living room. No special setup needed (nor should you tbh).

My machine can't/couldn't without those adjustments. Neither have most or all that I've played on location. If yours can, then we're agreeing, it's worth adjusting a machine that can't.

The flipper alignment doesn't take much, only about 1 mm higher than the centering dot. Also another variable is flipper rubber - it seems to work better with a fresh more grippy rubber, so the flipper has more "bite" during its stroke so that the shot can start a little lower on the flipper.

#7323 57 days ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

It doesn’t stand out in the pictures that well, but it’s a great addition to the game. Thx again.
[quoted image]

Nice addition.

#7324 52 days ago

During Alien Invasion, when all 5 balls were out, my trough kicker constantly was firing. I remember a similar bug on Ripley’s. Has anyone else experienced this?

#7325 52 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

During Alien Invasion, when all 5 balls were out, my trough kicker constantly was firing. I remember a similar bug on Ripley’s. Has anyone else experienced this?

I haven't. Sounds like a trough opto misreading a ball, of course.

The other way to have 5 balls in play is Springfield Mystery Spot (to light it, start all 10 Otto modes then let the timer expire or drain.) You could try that to see if it's anything specific to Alien Invasion somehow.

1 week later
#7326 45 days ago

I experienced the right lower flipper not moving when I pressed the flipper. then it started to act a little funky and moved twice when I pressed the flipper button. What should I look for? coil? contacts? Any help would be welcome. thanks

#7327 44 days ago
Quoted from KOpinball:

I experienced the right lower flipper not moving when I pressed the flipper. then it started to act a little funky and moved twice when I pressed the flipper button. What should I look for? coil? contacts? Any help would be welcome. thanks

Check the wire connections to the coil lugs, as well as the tiny, copper wire attached to those lugs in the small eyelet. That can sometimes cause flutter.

#7328 43 days ago

I would also check the flipper switch. I had an LOTR that would do the same thing and after replacing both cabinet switches they played as normal.

1 week later
#7329 33 days ago

Still looking for an original front decal too mine is faded.

#7330 33 days ago

Installed this LCD display from my SM to my Simspons Pinball Party but something is wrong. The display looks to be squeezed to the top on the display.

#7331 33 days ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Installed this LCD display from my SM to my Simspons Pinball Party but something is wrong. The display looks to be squeezed to the top on the display.

Is it a color DMD? You may have to use the control buttons on the back of the display to adjust the positioning (last page of the manual): https://www.colordmd.com/installation/Assembly%20for%20Instructions%20Stern%20WS%20CHROMA%20eDP%20Rev1.PDF

#7332 32 days ago

Thinking of putting my TSPP on location. Can anyone recommend a good DBA for it?

#7333 32 days ago
Quoted from sllerts:

Is it a color DMD? You may have to use the control buttons on the back of the display to adjust the positioning (last page of the manual): https://www.colordmd.com/installation/Assembly%20for%20Instructions%20Stern%20WS%20CHROMA%20eDP%20Rev1.PDF

Alright change the settings and now it’s working, but as I went through the color settings I only see how to put it on one color at a time. Right now it’s on green but I want to change it to all colors.

#7334 32 days ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Alright change the settings and now it’s working, but as I went through the color settings I only see how to put it on one color at a time. Right now it’s on green but I want to change it to all colors.

You have to download the appropriate file from colordmd.com and flash the display as instructed to get color. Follow the instructions. You need a flash drive.

#7335 32 days ago

Does anyone sell a garage door sticker? Mine is in rough shape and I’d like to replace it..

#7336 32 days ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Does anyone sell a garage door sticker? Mine is in rough shape and I’d like to replace it..

PinballLife has it!

https://www.pinballlife.com/the-simpsons-pinball-party-garage-door-decal.html

#7337 32 days ago

Can anyone tell me what the part number is on the flipper bushings or post a link? My Google skills are failing me.

#7338 32 days ago
Quoted from BRW84:

Can anyone tell me what the part number is on the flipper bushings or post a link? My Google skills are failing me.

https://www.pinballlife.com/sternsegadata-east-nylon-flipper-bushing.html

This? Part number 545-5070-00 according to my TSPP manual.

#7339 32 days ago
#7340 31 days ago

Why would this starter blow by the light? I replaced it with a known good one from my LOTR and it blew it.

IMG_1946 (resized).jpegIMG_1946 (resized).jpeg

#7341 31 days ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Why would this fuse blow by the light? I replaced it with a known good one from my LOTR and it blew it.
[quoted image]

Is it a led tube or fluorescent? LED will blow it.

#7342 31 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Is it a led tube or fluorescent? LED will blow it.

No it's a fluorescent bulb that came out of my LOTR that was working.. When I installed it, the light flashed then whet out quickly..

#7343 31 days ago
Quoted from pacman11:

No it's a fluorescent bulb that came out of my LOTR that was working.. When I installed it, the light flashed then whet out quickly..

You switched the bulb from LOTR or you switched the starter? You may have a bad starter. You can get them at Lowe's/Homedepot/Ace Hardware/Amazon.

#7344 28 days ago

Question for the group. What goes here on the bare wood where these 2 screw holes are if anything?

IMG_1020 (resized).jpegIMG_1020 (resized).jpeg
#7345 27 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Question for the group. What goes here on the bare wood where these 2 screw holes are if anything?
[quoted image]

On mine there's nothing there like yours. Maybe a one-way gate or something was planned to go there but was abandoned.

#7346 27 days ago
Quoted from sllerts:

On mine there's nothing there like yours. Maybe a one-way gate or something was planned to go there but was abandoned.

sllerts Your game does not have the bare wood and two screw holes? Mine has it, and the date on the front edge of the playfield is 12-1-05. What's the date on yours?

#7347 27 days ago

My SPP is from the first run. My upper playfield has the bare wood and 2 holes.

#7348 27 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

[quoted image]

Mine is exactly the same as this pic, with the holes but nothing in them.

#7349 27 days ago
Quoted from Sparky:

sllerts Your game does not have the bare wood and two screw holes? Mine has it, and the date on the front edge of the playfield is 12-1-05. What's the date on yours?

I think my words were misinterpreted. Maybe I should have said "On mine there's nothing there, just like yours." In other words, mine looks exactly the same as the photo.

#7350 21 days ago

Can anyone speak to installing precision flippers on a TSPP? I'm due for a rebuild and I'm thinking about installing them. I've never tried them before.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Apple Valley, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 174.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
$ 218.00
$ 16.00
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 7,359 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 148.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.