(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 hours ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 146.
#7001 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

Where did you get the Duff sign for the shooter housing?

Pretty sure this comes from Tilt Graphics
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/the-simpsons-duff-shooter-plate

#7002 12 months ago

Selling the two alien plushes for a topper if interested. $140 shipped. West coast maybe more due to shipping costs. Sold pin and he had a topper. Pm me.

IMG_5974 (resized).jpegIMG_5974 (resized).jpegIMG_6555 (resized).jpegIMG_6555 (resized).jpegIMG_6556 (resized).jpegIMG_6556 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#7003 11 months ago

Picked up a TSPP this weekend! It's actually my old TSPP that I sold a couple of years ago, in that short time it has been through quite a lot and needs a full teardown. At least I enjoy doing that kind of thing!

I was cleaning grime off the cabinet and unfortunately lost some paint around the start button, so now I'm considering decaling the whole cabinet. The inside of the cabinet also needs some work so part of me was hoping an empty cab randomly pops up on the market. I do also have an empty AIQ cabinet that I'm wondering if I'd be able to repurpose.

PXL_20230507_231204128 (resized).jpgPXL_20230507_231204128 (resized).jpgPXL_20230510_022959306 (resized).jpgPXL_20230510_022959306 (resized).jpg
#7004 11 months ago

Any lurkers looking to get back into the TSPP game? Reluctantly letting go of this beauty...

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Anyone Looking for a NICE TSPP? Cabinet is in good shape. LCD Color DMD Tilt Topper Full Leds Nuclear Side armor & Backbox hinges Artblades (Freshly installed) Backboard decal...”
2023-04-24
Suffield, CT
8,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 30 days
Viewed: 1049 times
Contributed to Pinside

#7005 11 months ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Any lurkers looking to get back into the TSPP game? Reluctantly letting go of this beauty...

Beautiful game. Good luck with your sale!

Just so there's no confusion, the treehouse mentioned in your description is not a Mezelmod product. It's my product that I sell through them.

#7006 11 months ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Picked up a TSPP this weekend! It's actually my old TSPP that I sold a couple of years ago, in that short time it has been through quite a lot and needs a full teardown. At least I enjoy doing that kind of thing!
I was cleaning grime off the cabinet and unfortunately lost some paint around the start button, so now I'm considering decaling the whole cabinet. The inside of the cabinet also needs some work so part of me was hoping an empty cab randomly pops up on the market. I do also have an empty AIQ cabinet that I'm wondering if I'd be able to repurpose.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats and good luck. I did cabinet decals on my TSPP and am very happy with them! LMK if you have any questions.

#7007 11 months ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Beautiful game. Good luck with your sale!
Just so there's no confusion, the treehouse mentioned in your description is not a Mezelmod product. It's my product that I sell through them.

Hey Mark, I didn't realize that!
I’ll make sure I edit the FS ad!!
As usual, it’s awesome!

#7008 11 months ago

Selling my #1 TSPP. Just a terrific game in every way. Have two TSPPs so I'm not leaving the club, but the second TSPP returns home from a professional shop job in a couple weeks. Gotta make room. The one I'm selling is the nicer one. Only the best for my fellow pinsiders!

#7009 11 months ago

Have the dreaded 'weak garage door' problem. Tried adjusting the plunger several times with no luck. Plunger just does not want to extend all the way, no matter what I do. Even with new a new coil sleeve.

I noticed the coil on my game has a diode on it while others' games do not.

090-5044-OB
26-1200

Anyone else have the same coil?

#7010 11 months ago

I wonder if anyone installed precision flippers on their Simpsons; if so, how do you like them?

#7011 11 months ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I wonder if anyone installed precision flippers on their Simpsons; if so, how do you like them?

I plan on it this week, will report back.

#7012 11 months ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I was planning to. But then we put in new Stern flipper kits and cleaned/waxed playfield, etc. That was enough for me. Amazing how much more responsive the flippers are. The ball zips through the garage now!

#7013 11 months ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Have the dreaded 'weak garage door' problem. Tried adjusting the plunger several times with no luck. Plunger just does not want to extend all the way, no matter what I do. Even with new a new coil sleeve.
I noticed the coil on my game has a diode on it while others' games do not.
090-5044-OB
26-1200
Anyone else have the same coil?

That is the stock coil from the factory, though the diode (1N4004) should be positioned at the top, above the lugs next to the windings. Have you checked the plunger itself to see if it's been worn down ? I think that can happen sometimes. You could also upgrade that coil to the stronger one Stern recommends (090-5036-OT/24-940). If you need a new plunger it's part # 515-7223-00

#7014 11 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

I was planning to. But then we put in new Stern flipper kits and cleaned/waxed playfield, etc. That was enough for me. Amazing how much more responsive the flippers are. The ball zips through the garage now!

I would love to know more about this? Is there a kit I can buy? Not a fan of the flippers at all.

#7015 11 months ago
Quoted from Belvedere:

That is the stock coil from the factory, though the diode (1N4004) should be positioned at the top, above the lugs next to the windings. Have you checked the plunger itself to see if it's been worn down ? I think that can happen sometimes. You could also upgrade that coil to the stronger one Stern recommends (090-5036-OT/24-940). If you need a new plunger it's part # 515-7223-00

Local parts supplier only has the 090-5036-OB, not the OT. Does it make a difference?

#7016 11 months ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Local parts supplier only has the 090-5036-OB, not the OT. Does it make a difference?

Yeah I think you need one that is on top. I believe it would be pinched by the supporting bracket.

#7017 11 months ago

FYI - I'm currently making this previously discussed mod to help with the speaker hum/buzz. I ended up finding this pinside discussion (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-speaker-humbuzz-fixed) which describes how to make them and how they work. The first post on that page has a video showing the process. I have them on Simpson's and Ripley's and they help immensely. If you'd like a pair and don't have the time or tools to make them, I will ship a pair to your door for $22. If interested please direct message me. Thank you

#7018 11 months ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I would love to know more about this? Is there a kit I can buy? Not a fan of the flippers at all.

We just put on the standard Stern flipper kits/replacements. Stern's flipper systems have not changed in a long time. The flipper systems on a Godzilla made next month are the same as the ones you can put on your Simpsons. Not every flipper kit needs a complete replacement if they aren't very responsive. Oftentimes you just need to change the sleeve and/or the $1 plastic connector. Get your local pinball tech to assess/service the flipper systems. It's worth it if they aren't very responsive.

But I want to reiterate that regularly waxing your playfield can make a huge difference in how the ball moves off the flippers.

2 weeks later
#7019 10 months ago

Happy national donut day! To celebrate, FlipMods is having a 10% off TSPP donut shooter rods special! Use coupon 'donutday' in your shopping cart to receive 10% off.

https://flipmods.com/product/donut-shooter-rod/
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#7020 10 months ago

I would really like to join this most exclusive club, so if anyone have a tip on how I can get my hands on one of these beauties in Europe?
Anyone who has one for sale? The further north in Europe the better as I plan to pick it up myself when the opportunity comes. But as long as I can reach the destination by roads I am ok.

#7021 10 months ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Have the dreaded 'weak garage door' problem. Tried adjusting the plunger several times with no luck. Plunger just does not want to extend all the way, no matter what I do.

I just spent some time getting this fixed on my machine, assuming this post doesn't immediately jinx it..

I think the key is getting the bracket and plunger aligned just right. If the bracket is too far back, the plunger can hit the crossbar/pivot of the garage door, and if it's too far forward, left, or right the plunger can rub the playfield cutout and not have free enough movement. And that's all down to the small wiggle room in the final tightening of the bracket screws (compounded by the length of the plunger).

That's my current theory, at least.

#7022 10 months ago

Hey all! A question for you tspp owners. I'm retrofitting a set of gray cooling towers onto a data east machine. I have the mounts etc but was wondering how or if there is something to keep the bottom steady? Does it just kinda flop around just being anchored up top by the post rubber? Anybody have a pic or two they could share of their assembly with the tower off?

#7023 10 months ago

Yeah they flop around. Just held on at the top

#7024 10 months ago

Thanks! One last question. How many decals are on the towers normally? I bought the set of 7. I'm assuming since this thing just rotates around randomly as the bumpers work it would be 3 per tower?

#7025 10 months ago
Quoted from themotherbrain:

Thanks! One last question. How many decals are on the towers normally? I bought the set of 7. I'm assuming since this thing just rotates around randomly as the bumpers work it would be 3 per tower?

Yes, three per Tower.

#7026 10 months ago

So I got my new color dmd ( a must for tspp ) an now the speaker lights the previous owner installed do not work. It looks like it is using this connection for power. Is there something involved with the connector it no longer uses? It appears that connection it uses possibly goes to cn4.

20230606_195900 (resized).jpg20230606_195900 (resized).jpg
#7027 10 months ago
Quoted from bowtech:

So I got my new color dmd ( a must for tspp ) an now the speaker lights the previous owner installed do not work. It looks like it is using this connection for power. Is there something involved with the connector it no longer uses? It appears that connection it uses possibly goes to cn4.
[quoted image]

I’d trace the wires to see where they lead. The 12v accessory plug is by the coindoor, where you plugged in your dmd. Adding a color dmd should not cause speaker lights to go out unless you unplugged it’s power source.

#7028 10 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’d trace the wires to see where they lead. The 12v accessory plug is by the coindoor, where you plugged in your dmd. Adding a color dmd should not cause speaker lights to go out unless you unplugged it’s power source.

i am a meathead. i just looked at pictures of when i brought it home and no speaker lights. it appears that is just the actual wiring to the speakers. its just ran terribly and looks aftermarket

#7029 10 months ago

Wondering if anyone is making shooter rods yet featuring any of the Simpsons family/characters...don't like the donut one. Thanks.

#7031 10 months ago

Going on 17 years of owning the same TSPP. Thinking of selling.

Talk me out of it!

#7032 10 months ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Talk me out of it!

How often does it get played? Do you still get a chuckle when you hear Nelson say "Ha! Ha!" every 5-10 times a ball drains? Or get a smile on your face when Moe says "Have I got a Hugh Jass, here?" when you hit the right ramp the third time? Does your heart beat a little faster when you get Mystery Springfield and your brain wiring gets temporarily reversed so you can successfully control the right flippers with your left hand and the left flippers with your right hand?

#7033 10 months ago
Quoted from troon47:

Wondering if anyone is making shooter rods yet featuring any of the Simpsons family/characters...don't like the donut one. Thanks.

Pick your favorite Simpson character, grab a World of Springfield figure, chop off his head and drill hole insert rod. $10

I did Krusty for my brother’s machine.

90AAC240-2DF7-4782-B455-7A53A9F54D9F (resized).jpeg90AAC240-2DF7-4782-B455-7A53A9F54D9F (resized).jpeg
#7034 10 months ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Talk me out of it!

What are you going to replace it with? Going to be pretty hard to find a better game with a theme that actually fits the gameplay.

#7035 10 months ago

Is there a consensus on the best set of art blades for TSPP. Most I have seen are pretty underwhelming and just a mash of characters.
Thinking art blades would suit it better than mirrors.

#7036 10 months ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Is there a consensus on the best set of art blades for TSPP. Most I have seen are pretty underwhelming and just a mash of characters.

I like these

simpsonscityblades (resized).jpgsimpsonscityblades (resized).jpg
#7037 10 months ago
Quoted from troon47:

Paging Dr mikespins ... He makes the best shooter rods!

#7038 10 months ago
Quoted from CDogster:

Paging Dr mikespins ... He makes the best shooter rods!

Thank you, sir!

Quoted from troon47:

Shoot me a private message, I can probably help you.

#7039 10 months ago
Quoted from Diabolics:

I would really like to join this most exclusive club, so if anyone have a tip on how I can get my hands on one of these beauties in Europe?
Anyone who has one for sale? The further north in Europe the better as I plan to pick it up myself when the opportunity comes. But as long as I can reach the destination by roads I am ok.

I have now officially joined this club. Happy me!

#7040 10 months ago

Diabolics: That's awesome. Welcome to the club!

#7041 10 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Diabolics: That's awesome. Welcome to the club!

Thanks a lot!

I am reading up on this thread. Have done 4463 posts... so, no spoilers

Also, had my first technical issue, when I first mounted the backbox and turned the game on: clicking sound, blinking lights, no DMD, nothing... turned out U209 had wiggled itself loose on the long drive home. More to come, I am sure, thus, reading up.... preparing for what's to come.

#7042 10 months ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Hey! 17 years ago I went to your house to buy a WH2O. I played your TSPP and left without the WH2O. Started looking for a TSPP that day.

#7043 10 months ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Hey! 17 years ago I went to your house to buy a WH2O. I played your TSPP and left without the WH2O. Started looking for a TSPP that day.

Good choice! It’s the same Simpsons as all those years ago. Still never made it to Alien Invasion…. Let me know if you are ever up in Barrie. Stop in for some pinball!

#7044 10 months ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Still never made it to Alien Invasion….

Dude. Set the game to "extra easy" so you can quickly stack the TV modes without having to shoot the right orbit. You can theoretically activate every TV mode without leaving the living room PF. It greatly accelerates being able to activate Alien Invasion, which lights after you've activated and played all the TV modes. Experiencing Alien Invasion is something every TSPP owner should enjoy many, many times. Ditto Mystery Springfield.

#7045 10 months ago

I've recently set my The Simpsons Pinball Party to extra easy and lowered other settings in hopes of finally making it to Super Duper Mega Extreme Wizard Mode (SDMEWM). I absolutely love this pinball game and think it is the perfect machine to own at home for any Simpsons fan. It's so deep and has so much replayability.

I can get to Alien Invasion on hard too. Completing Alien Invasion is another story. Hard but possible.

I only know that once I get to SDMEWM and lose it, that I will want to try it again, and again. And I will

#7046 10 months ago

SDMEWM isn't something you win or lose, it's just a multiball where you score as much as you can until it ends. (you have to win everything *else* to get there, but it's not something to win in itself.)

#7047 10 months ago

SDMEWM is somewhat anti climatic. But still a rush! Once a lifetime thing I doubt I'll ever be back.

#7048 10 months ago

Is there a timer to SDMEWM? I am curious without trying to learn too much so its not spoiled.

#7049 10 months ago

No timer, it's a multiball and lasts until multiball ends. (Well, it's got a timed ball saver like any other multi.)

#7050 10 months ago

I'm having difficulty with the ball not being detected by the VUK, so it can be kicked up to the upper playfield. This is seemingly old news and well-documented in some other threads. When I first got my TSPP, I had this issue, replaced the VUK, and did not have any more problems for several years.

Recently I encountered the issue again, so I tried bending the VUK arm, then ultimately replaced it with a new VUK when the arm bend didn't work for me. However, despite the VUK replacement being new, it's still not detecting the ball. Only the ball search ultimately allows it to get kicked to the upper playfield.

Any ideas on how to get the game to detect a ball that went into the garage beyond replacing the VUK yet again?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 45.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/141 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.