(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 146.
#6951 1 year ago
Quoted from Jman44:

You need to put a label over that window on that chip or else it could erase from the uv light.

Ok, is that one of the chips that I would be replacing?

#6952 1 year ago

What ROM version does it say when you boot it up?

#6953 1 year ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Just picked up my tspp, can anyone tell me if I have the newest roms? And if not where to get them?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Newest version is A5.0. As mentioned above, when you power your game on, it will tell you what version you're running. If it's not A5.0, you only need to replace the rom under the battery holder and the display rom on the back of the display. Your sound roms are correct, except one of them doesn't have the label on it. Since the others are correct, that one probably is, too, but cover that tiny window with at least a blank label.

If you don't have a way to burn your own roms, you can get A5.0 and Disply roms from here:

https://www.pinballrom.com/product-page/simpson-s-pinball-party-cpu-display

#6954 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Newest version is A5.0. As mentioned above, when you power your game on, it will tell you what version you're running. If it's not A5.0, you only need to replace the rom under the battery holder and the display rom on the back of the display. Your sound roms are correct, except one of them doesn't have the label on it. Since the others are correct, that one probably is, too, but cover that tiny window with at least a blank label.
If you don't have a way to burn your own roms, you can get A5.0 and Disply roms from here:

Thanks so much! I'll check that tonight.

#6955 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

It says A5 on boot up. I should be up to date then?

#6956 1 year ago
Quoted from bowtech:

It says A5 on boot up. I should be up to date then?

Yes

#6957 1 year ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Just picked up my tspp, can anyone tell me if I have the newest roms? And if not where to get them?

Can someone point out where the nvram chip would go? I would like to install one.

#6958 1 year ago

Directly under the batteries on top right of back box.

1CA2188E-0F20-421F-802A-61573DF1F233 (resized).jpeg1CA2188E-0F20-421F-802A-61573DF1F233 (resized).jpeg
#6959 1 year ago

So do I just swap out the last chip? And if so. What was that chip for?

pinside.ced94a3a714ea54627a49c8dbf4eac6563c52776 (resized).jpgpinside.ced94a3a714ea54627a49c8dbf4eac6563c52776 (resized).jpg
#6960 1 year ago

I’d like to replace the wood rail to the left of the shooter lane. Would anyone know how easy that is and where to get one with the angled tip? Thanks!

#6961 1 year ago

Retains all of your settings. Everything will be wiped clean - high scores, audits, settings, etc.

#6962 1 year ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Retains all of your settings. Everything will be wiped clean - high scores, audits, settings, etc.

I meant what is the chip it's replacing in the picture of mine I posted.

#6963 1 year ago

The sharp 0521.

#6964 1 year ago
Quoted from mjs2:

The sharp 0521.

What does is the Sharp chip used for?

#6965 1 year ago

It's what you are going to replace.

#6966 1 year ago
Quoted from bowtech:

What does is the Sharp chip used for?

I think one if its main uses is to hold the memory of certain data in it like bookkeeping and settings information (which is why it is connected to the battery). However it is volatile meaning when it no longer has power it forgets the data. You are replacing it with a non-volatile version so it no longer needs battery power.

NVRAM is the best upgrade to any game especially when it is plug and play with no soldering. I am still surprised by people who have batteries on their board but spend hundreds of dollars on toys for the playfield.

#6967 1 year ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I think one if its main uses is to hold the memory of certain data in it like bookkeeping and settings information (which is why it is connected to the battery). However it is volatile meaning when it no longer has power it forgets the data. You are replacing it with a non-volatile version so it no longer needs battery power.
NVRAM is the best upgrade to any game especially when it is plug and play with no soldering. I am still surprised by people who have batteries on their board but spend hundreds of dollars on toys for the playfield.

Thank you.

#6968 1 year ago

Can someone post a picture of the gap on the right side flipper stack please? Mine looks a little close and wondering if that's the reason for the difficulty making the couch shot.

#6969 1 year ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Can someone post a picture of the gap on the right side flipper stack please? Mine looks a little close and wondering if that's the reason for the difficulty making the couch shot.

When you say gap do you mean the distance between the flipper (bottom) and the playfield itself? It has been awhile since I worked with that flipper however I am pretty sure I set its "height" using the same flipper gap tool you would with a normal flipper. The one thing that went wrong in my rebuild is that there is a spacer (or two?) that goes on this flipper that fell off mine. I didn't realize until later it was missing and that caused the flipper to "drag" on the playfield and you'd see it get stuck from time to time.

#6970 1 year ago

When you say gap do you mean the distance between the flipper (bottom) and the playfield itself? It has been awhile since I worked with that flipper however I am pretty sure I set its "height" using the same flipper gap tool you would with a normal flipper. The one thing that went wrong in my rebuild is that there is a spacer (or two?) that goes on this flipper that fell off mine. I didn't realize until later it was missing and that caused the flipper to "drag" on the playfield and you'd see it get stuck from time to time.

I mean the gap of the leaf switch stack between the leaf switches themselves

3 weeks later
#6971 1 year ago

Got another batch of donut shooter rods done and ready to ship! Get yours before they are all gone! https://flipmods.com/product/donut-shooter-rod/

20230415_123306.jpg20230415_123306.jpg20220406_110902.jpg20220406_110902.jpg20220406_110841.jpg20220406_110841.jpg20220406_110829.jpg20220406_110829.jpg

#6972 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Got another batch of donut shooter rods done and ready to ship! Get yours before they are all gone! https://flipmods.com/product/donut-shooter-rod/

I need to seal my Godzilla shooter… that do you use to seal is it a spray?

#6973 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

I need to seal my Godzilla shooter… that do you use to seal is it a spray?

I used clear nail polish.

#6974 1 year ago

Sorry if this question has been asked before. I did try to search the forum.

Anyone cover a faded TSPP cab with decals? Is it a good look? Better than the original printed cab, especially if faded? I suppose the armor can cover the flipper buttons but that won't solve the usual fade around the start button.

Thanks so much.

#6975 1 year ago

You do realize the cabinets looked faded right from the factory ?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6976 1 year ago

Hi, I was hoping for some advice. I just traded for a simpsons, and everything works fine surprisingly since nothing was maintained / upgraded. I’m trying to change out the original cpu / display to the 5.00 version. I installed both, however now it just boots and flashes the display version without any access into the menus and the game won’t play. Does this mean something is wrong with the CPU chip, the display chip, both? Really struggling as if I install the old ones it goes back to working. I bought both chips from marcos and made sure the notches are in the correct direction. Thoughts?

#6977 1 year ago

Have you called Marco Specialties?

#6978 1 year ago

Well, scratch that. Neither of the old chips work any longer, the L204 light continues to flash and ultimately the machine shuts off. I have no idea what happened. Any thoughts on what I need to do? I pulled the nvram, put the old ones back in, I basically get the display version on the DMD and the L204 light flashing and then it turns off.

#6979 1 year ago

Update, I reseated the ribbon cables and now everything boots. I now have a problem where the coils 1-6+ no longer fire….never should have touched the boards. Any thoughts here?

#6980 1 year ago
Quoted from KrazyIvan14:

Update, I reseated the ribbon cables and now everything boots. I now have a problem where the coils 1-6+ no longer fire….never should have touched the boards. Any thoughts here?

Check the fueses

#6981 1 year ago

As stated check fuses. When you remove and add things on a board so many times it’s easy to mess up or miss a leg on one of those rom chips etc. Once a leg gets bent or broken it can cause your non booting problem.

I’m fairly local to you in CT. I can also burn roms and check data on them. Can you list all the new chips and their versions you installed that cause the game not to boot? Let’s make sure you have the right code combination first.

#6982 1 year ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

You do realize the cabinets looked faded right from the factory ?

thanks. I do. But dont want a game where the start and flipper button areas are worn through to the wood. Unless decals are the solution.

#6983 1 year ago

I have a spare manual (photocopy or original?). It’s very clear and legible. The front and back pages are loose. I’ll cut off the zip ties before shipping.

Free, just pay for shipping. Probably $6-7.

Also available for pick up at the GSPF but it’ll cost you a Duff or soda

A145E6BA-5F81-4876-9FA6-23EF2ECC4DE9 (resized).jpegA145E6BA-5F81-4876-9FA6-23EF2ECC4DE9 (resized).jpeg

Added 12 months ago:

Gone

#6984 1 year ago

As stated check fuses. When you remove and add things on a board so many times it’s easy to mess up or miss a leg on one of those rom chips etc. Once a leg gets bent or broken it can cause your non booting problem.
I’m fairly local to you in CT. I can also burn roms and check data on them. Can you list all the new chips and their versions you installed that cause the game not to boot? Let’s make sure you have the right code combination first.

Thanks, I’m all good now. I reseated the chips and then they finally worked, I also must have slightly disturbed the ribbon connector and reseated that correctly. Also managed to blow a fuse. With all three set, I’m good to go. Thank you everyone for the help

#6985 1 year ago

Is anyone making a shooter rod utilizing any members of the Simpsons family yet?

#6986 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

Is anyone making a shooter rod utilizing any members of the Simpsons family yet?

Pick your favorite World of Springfield figure. Rip the head off and drill hole insert rod.

#6987 1 year ago

I’m back in the club.

The seller kept a few mods and I’m planning on re-installing a LED OCD board for the inserts on our machine. Is there any need to customize some settings on the board?
C84BBDDE-2D13-4720-A386-9CBAE63A39A8 (resized).jpegC84BBDDE-2D13-4720-A386-9CBAE63A39A8 (resized).jpeg

#6988 1 year ago
Quoted from EEE:

I’m back in the club.
The seller kept a few mods and I’m planning on re-installing a LED OCD board for the inserts on our machine. Is there any need to customize some settings on the board?
[quoted image]

I personally just loaded the software and selected the title. I made no further tweaks as it looked great to me.

#6989 1 year ago

Hi all, I noticed a piece of black crumbly plastic sitting on the playfield. It came from one of the black post protectors. It seems that they are all decomposing and need to be replaced. I've noticed that many owners have swapped these out with different colors. Where can I find these...It looks like 9 total? May has well replace all of the balls too while I'm at it
Also I need a new condenser for the backbox bulb. Where can I find these?
Thanks!

IMG_9697.jpgIMG_9697.jpg
#6990 1 year ago

For the posts, I like to use Titan rubbers when I replace anything: https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52
You'll see a whole rainbow of options. Note there are different size post rubbers so make sure you get the ones that match.

#6991 1 year ago
Quoted from Strohz:

For the posts, I like to use Titan rubbers when I replace anything: https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52
You'll see a whole rainbow of options. Note there are different size post rubbers so make sure you get the ones that match.

Thanks, would these be the correct posts, "Sleeve 1/2 inch (Data East, Stern)"? It is not clear if this is length or diameter. The TSPP posts seem to be about an inch in length and about 1/2" in diameter.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6992 1 year ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Hi all, I noticed a piece of black crumbly plastic sitting on the playfield. It came from one of the black post protectors. It seems that they are all decomposing and need to be replaced. I've noticed that many owners have swapped these out with different colors. Where can I find these...It looks like 9 total? May has well replace all of the balls too while I'm at it
Also I need a new condenser for the backbox bulb. Where can I find these?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

I have run across rubber sleeves that are just a bit too fat and won't let the ball to the left flipper inlane, so be aware of that. You should use Ninja chromium pinballs from Ball Baron. They will last almost forever. A florescent starter can be found at Home Depot.

#6993 1 year ago

Big thanks to mikespins for the shooter rod! Just came today.

IMG_6507 (resized).jpegIMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
#6994 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I have run across rubber sleeves that are just a bit too fat and won't let the ball to the left flipper inlane, so be aware of that. You should use Ninja chromium pinballs from Ball Baron. They will last almost forever. A florescent starter can be found at Home Depot.

Need to use the stern slim tapered post sleeves.

#6995 1 year ago

Get a led tube for the back box. Just cut the starter and ballast out of the circuit.

#6996 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Get a led tube for the back box. Just cut the starter and ballast out of the circuit.

Yes. Marco sells them. I put one in my Simpsons.

#6997 1 year ago

Anyone have a Simpson's Pinball Party complete plastics set available for sale? Looking for a set on a full restoration project. Thanks!

#6998 1 year ago
Quoted from ddalski:

Anyone have a Simpson's Pinball Party complete plastics set available for sale? Looking for a set on a full restoration project. Thanks!

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/803-5000-77

#6999 1 year ago
Quoted from Moli410:

Big thanks to mikespins for the shooter rod! Just came today.

Where did you get the Duff sign for the shooter housing?

#7000 1 year ago

Anyone Looking for a NICE TSPP?

Cabinet is in good shape.
Color DMD
Full Leds
Homer Donut Shooter Rod
Nuclear Side armor & Backbox hinges
Artblades
Backboard decals
Target decals
Springfield Nuclear Power Plant sign
Mezel Treehouse Mod
Monorail Mod
Full CLiffys w/ Itchy & Scratchy protector
Titan rubbers & Cliffy Posts
Sling protectors
Duff Beer Can flasher cover
No Quarter Coin Cell mod
Flashing Moe's Sign Mod
Custom Metal Apron Cards

Located in Suffield, CT $8600

Marketplace ad incoming

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 218.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/140?hl=troon47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.