(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 146.
#651 9 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

It's great, but the stress is a bitch. Especially when the compliancy auditor walks in your front door like they did last week. Oh well we did fine.

Allowed me to delve into the world of sleeping and anti anxiety meds...yeah, it has it's perks...congrats on getting the auditor pass....mines coming next Tuesday.....joy...

#652 9 years ago

Anyone care to elaborate on the major tweaks and changes going from version 4 to the latest version 5? a must have update in your opinion?

#653 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Sorry if i missed the solution to this problem, but im having the same issue. Well actually mine seems worse. Fast or slow, shots going clock-wise around the quickymart loop seem to not register. But counter clockwise ones are a bit more likely to register.
In switc test my switch will register with my finger, but not likely wih the ball (fast or slow). On the underside the switch rollover wire isnt sitting up against the playfield on the opposite side of the switch. Others do have the end of the rollover wire pressed up againt the playfield. I did attempt to bend the rollover arm, but it didnt seem to help (maybe a little).
Is it just something that fails on TSPP. Seems a few peeps had same issue. Looks like ill be ordering me a couple of these soon.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=536

Well i fiddled with my kwickymart rollover switch and i have it registering rollovers from either direction.
I think the basic problem was the wire loop attached to the switch arm wasnt sticking up enough. Also I noticed that the ball when coming around clockwise kinda pushed the switch over instead of down. Balls coming from the top/counterclockwise hit the rollover switch pretty much head on and would register more often.

To adress both issues, i removed the switch and used two pairs of pliers to slightly bend the wire loop so it is leaning a bit towards the top of the playfield. Also i bent it so it sticks up at a sharper angle into the slot.

This may seem obvious to others, but its my first time really fiddling with a switch like that, so i thought id post my solution.

#654 9 years ago

Installed cliffy protectors for the shooter lane, the moe loop, the center loop, and the tree house left loop. Also put some leds in hard to reach places while i had the upper playfield and left loops out.

For under plastic areas i used cointaker warm white frosted
For the lights under the clear lamps toward the back of the playfield, i used cointaker warm white retro.

#655 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Installed cliffy protectors for the shooter lane, the moe loop, the center loop, and the tree house left loop. Also put some leds in hard to reach places while i had the upper playfield and left loops out.
For under plastic areas i used cointaker warm white frosted
For the lights under the clear lamps toward the back of the playfield, i used cointaker warm white retro.

I use cointaker LED's too, have you used any for inserts yet? if so, which kind? (and do you color match?)

#656 9 years ago

Premium non ghosting for the inserts, I color match.

#657 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Premium non ghosting for the inserts, I color match.

Yup…. Same here.

#658 9 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Yup…. Same here.

Cool thnx guys

#659 9 years ago

I used the premium non ghosting color matching on my met pro. They worked really good.

I was considering just using warm white frosted for the main playfield inserts on TSPP, though. Mostly because i have a bunch of them.

Some of the inserts are side mounted (upper playfield and headlights for the car). Id want to use flex head leds for those. So frosted everywhere, but the few side mounted ones would look weird if they has different intensities of light.

Ill probably wait till the next cointaker sell or promo rate and by that time ill have a purchase order layed out for how many of each base type and color to get. And just go with the premium non ghosting ones.

#660 9 years ago

Fellow TSPP owners, if you are looking for a good condition center metal ramp, I put one up for sale in the marketplace. It does have some blemishes on the ramp flap (which is available from marco), I just was too chicken to attempt to replace the flap myself. So I ended up ordering a ramp+flap from marco and installed it this weekend.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/17254

20150207_183048.jpg20150207_183048.jpg
20150207_183033.jpg20150207_183033.jpg
20150207_183052.jpg20150207_183052.jpg

#661 9 years ago

hi all

Is anyone here the person that was selling the donut flipper toppers on etsy ? They look really cool.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/176063861/the-simpsons-and-the-simpsons-pinball

Looks like they closed shop for a bit ?

Does anyone have it ? How do they stay on ?

Thanks

Jim

#662 9 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

hi all
Is anyone here the person that was selling the donut flipper toppers on etsy ? They look really cool.
Thanks
Jim

Take a look at this thread from two years ago. It's PinsOnly's wife who makes them. Try sending him a PM and he might have some.

See post #45
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-still-make-mods-for-tspp

#663 9 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Anyone care to elaborate on the major tweaks and changes going from version 4 to the latest version 5? a must have update in your opinion?

http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-the-simpsons-pinball-party
in the download is a "read me" text file that explains the code updates in detail... you can determine whether the differences matter to you or not.

#664 9 years ago

May be buried earlier in the thread.....used Cliffys for all the standard Posts ( took a lot of the " clicking" out) but looking for the size to fit the larger post on right side of garage door, soft rubber version.
Any ideas?....thanks.....mark

#665 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

May be buried earlier in the thread.....used Cliffys for all the standard Posts ( took a lot of the " clicking" out) but looking for the size to fit the larger post on right side of garage door, soft rubber version.
Any ideas?....thanks.....mark

Check page 4
First post links to a pinballlife link, and some other ideas afterwards.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/4

#666 9 years ago
Quoted from Frankenator:

http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-the-simpsons-pinball-party
in the download is a "read me" text file that explains the code updates in detail... you can determine whether the differences matter to you or not.

Thanks! i will check it out.

#667 9 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

hi all
Thanks
Jim

I have had them on mine for over a year, and no problems - look great.

#668 9 years ago

If you all haven't gotten the Color DMD, it is amazing! Gives it a completely new flavor and is the ultimate mod. The upscaling looks almost as good as the actual cartoons.
As you can tell, I am a fan!

#669 9 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

If you all haven't gotten the Color DMD, it is amazing! Gives it a completely new flavor and is the ultimate mod. The upscaling looks almost as good as the actual cartoons.
As you can tell, I am a fan!

Just installed mine this morning. Haven't had a chance to play w/ the settings yet.

But, wow...what a difference.

#670 9 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Check page 4
First post links to a pinballlife link, and some other ideas afterwards.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/4

Thanks!!! just got home from work and will check out tonight.....mark

#671 9 years ago

A few questions. A couple adjustment/possible fix related. The other just general table info.

First - I'm having an intermittent couch issue. Upon locking a third ball, the multiball animation starts as it should, but now and then, one of the balls gets caught as it's being released. Like the coil pulls the plunger back enough for a ball to fall, but then releases it again and wedges the ball in place as it's dropping out of the couch. If it happens to the first ball released the game will go into ball search mode and it will try again. The first time I ever noticed it, it had happened to the third ball and it just held it in place until the other balls drained. If I remember right I had to manually remove that one.

Any ideas on what's going on or what to adjust? I've got the weld fix in place, and I don't think there's anything wrong with the switches - multiball certainly starts when it's supposed to every time.

Also - now and then (But oddly enough not at all over the past 10-15 games) the VUK leading to the upper playfield isn't getting the ball all the way up. Don't think it's ever taken more than two tries, but it bothers me when it happens. Suggestly tweak or part to replace to adjust for that?

Lastly - not sure on what the part's actually called, but the wire guide between the left outlane and inlane. Is it supposed to be vertical to the playfield? Mine seems to be a bit angled with the top closer to the side of the machine. Often times if I hold the left flipper to try to help trap a ball, or if a ball rolls up the left inlane, it will reach the top and roll up and over. While obvious defenses against this include "Stop doing that" and "Nudge, you dummy", it still annoys me and I mention it since the guide on the right side appears perfectly vertical. Is mine bent, or is that by design? There's a picture in the manual on page 130 that seems to show it angled way more than mine is. The pictures on the IPDB entry and other Google search results are from angles where it's hard to tell. Can anyone check theirs and tell me if it's angled as well?

#672 9 years ago

Lastly - not sure on what the part's actually called, but the wire guide between the left outlane and inlane. Is it supposed to be vertical to the playfield? Mine seems to be a bit angled with the top closer to the side of the machine. Often times if I hold the left flipper to try to help trap a ball, or if a ball rolls up the left inlane, it will reach the top and roll up and over. While obvious defenses against this include "Stop doing that" and "Nudge, you dummy", it still annoys me and I mention it since the guide on the right side appears perfectly vertical. Is mine bent, or is that by design? There's a picture in the manual on page 130 that seems to show it angled way more than mine is. The pictures on the IPDB entry and other Google search results are from angles where it's hard to tell. Can anyone check theirs and tell me if it's angled as well?

Mine is angled at the top as well

#673 9 years ago

Angled is correct.

#674 9 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Mine is angled at the top as well

Quoted from shimoda:

Angled is correct.

Thanks for checking. Much appreciated. Was just driving me nuts and I assumed I had a bent part, but then noticed that picture in the manual and thought I'd ask.

Quite an evil little design choice.

Quoted from shimoda:

Actually it would have been evil if it wasn't angled, it'd be outlane drains to the left all day long!

I suppose there is a bit of a trade off there.

#675 9 years ago

Quite an evil little design choice.

Actually it would have been evil if it wasn't angled, it'd be outlane drains to the left all day long!

2 weeks later
#676 9 years ago

OK this might sound entirely crazy, but just in case someone is interested, I thought I'd post before tossing things.

Recently installed a set of cliffys for my table and while I was at it I replaced my couch and the garage ramp.

If anyone for some reason has a couch that is in worse shape than the one I just replaced but just doesn't feel like buying a new one - I'd be happy to send this one to you.
It's cracked - see the pic. Of course it doesn't effect play at all, it's just not perfect and it was bothering me. Still if you're missing your couch or if yours is a trainwreck - you're welcome to this one if you'd like. EDIT - Couch potentially claimed.

20150228_221110.jpg20150228_221110.jpg

Same goes for the ramp that I replaced. I have no idea how or why, but my garage ramp was damaged, but not in the usual way. The front lip that can crack off and make garage shots hard/impossible is still fine. No real damage that I can see at all. But the other end of the ramp - where the ball dumps into the VUK? Battered somehow - no idea what happened. And as you can see, the former owner/operator jerry rigged it up. Ugly as can be, but works fine. So - got a garage ramp with a busted from lip? Don't want to pay the $50 for a new one and don't mind some crazy crap under the playfield? Free to a good home.

20150228_221132.jpg20150228_221132.jpg
20150228_221137.jpg20150228_221137.jpg

PM me if you're interested. It won't hurt my feelings if you laugh and tell me to take out the garbage.

Oh. And while I was at it, I managed to swap out an LED for what I am going to guess is the least LED'd bulb on the table.
20150227_203754.jpg20150227_203754.jpg
Ha ha. Got you. And I didn't have to pull the Moe ramp to do it. Some long fingers, some needlenose pliers, a little swearing, and some light pressure. Done.

#677 9 years ago

Hi all just wondering if anyone can give me sum general tips for the garage door.It intermittantly gets stuck a few times per game till a ramdom hit will open it all the way up.Do i replace coil? Just clean it? Make sure plunger that opens door is functioning fine?Would it improve things to replace with new coil(its been 6-7 yrs since ive had it)?Hopefully its just cord around white plunger like once b4 but just wanted to know if above questions will help if it still happens and isnt cord caught .Thank you all

#678 9 years ago
Quoted from peaceboy666:

Hi all just wondering if anyone can give me sum general tips for the garage door.It intermittantly gets stuck a few times per game till a ramdom hit will open it all the way up.Do i replace coil? Just clean it? Make sure plunger that opens door is functioning fine?Would it improve things to replace with new coil(its been 6-7 yrs since ive had it)?Hopefully its just cord around white plunger like once b4 but just wanted to know if above questions will help if it still happens and isnt cord caught .Thank you all

Stern has an updated, stronger coil they recommend for the garage door. I did it on mine and it completely solved this issue. New coil sleeve at the same time is a good idea.

#679 9 years ago

24-940 coil.

#680 9 years ago

thanks a lot for that and quick reply,have a nice day

#681 9 years ago

Oh. And while I was at it, I managed to swap out an LED for what I am going to guess is the least LED'd bulb on the table.
Ha ha. Got you. And I didn't have to pull the Moe ramp to do it. Some long fingers, some needlenose pliers, a little swearing, and some light pressure. Done.

I'm just curious how these GI sockets are installed from underneath. I know DE games stapled the sockets in place, making it near impossible to change bulbs from underneath. Is that how Stern did it with TSPP? It's been a while since I've owned games from this era (RCT, LOTR, T3).

#682 9 years ago

The sockets in my TSPP are wood screwed into the bottom of the playfield. But they have a rubber oring between the playfield and the socket. Kinda strange to me. My newer sterns dont have the rubber in there, just the socket screwed to the playfield.

#683 9 years ago

My guess, the rubber reduces vibration and/or provides a spacer. Likely stopped doing it to save time and cost. I like them.

#684 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I'm just curious how these GI sockets are installed from underneath. I know DE games stapled the sockets in place, making it near impossible to change bulbs from underneath. Is that how Stern did it with TSPP? It's been a while since I've owned games from this era (RCT, LOTR, T3).

It's like Rickwh says. But there's a couple where there are other parts mounted over the socket underneath. I swapped out most of the GI from the bottom by just unscrewing the socket, swapping the bulb, and then returning it. That little light there was blocked from both sides and you're forced into dismantling something from either direction.

#685 9 years ago

part no please so i buy correct sleeve,thank you

#686 9 years ago

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/226/the/1561/The_Simpsons_Manual.pdf

Page 93 (numbered on document pages) has the garage door parts list.

#687 9 years ago

Little late, but I'm in! Already put in colordmd and duff can speaker leds, itchy protector and leds in inserts. Loving tspp

#688 9 years ago

Sleeve Part #: 545-5076-01

#689 9 years ago

I'm in the club. Got my machine about a week ago. First machine for me. Soooo much to learn and do. Main projects are learning how to adjust Itchy and Scratchy so it doesn't shoot SDTM, and trying to find all new ramps. Can find all but the tree house ramp through the online retailers, but that ramp is sold out everywhere I can find. Anyone know a good place to try, or have one to sell.

#690 9 years ago

Welcome to the club! Found it on a google search

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/515-7270-00.html

And this just expired marketplace add.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/archive/16476

Wish the expired stuff would say who was selling it...

#691 9 years ago

TSPP was the very first pinball ( NIB ) I purchased nearly 10 years ago and still have it. Great game.

#692 9 years ago

Can someone explain the rules relating to the bully targets.

To get the bully skillshot, dont you have to go through the kwikemart... So does that count as both a bulky and a kwikemart skill shot?

Is there a reward/mode for completing all three bullies a certain number of times?

Do they add to bonus x?

I know there is a tv mode that you are supposed to hit the bullies, anything else?

The reason i ask is cause i am suspect that the targets might need adjusted on my machine. They all work in switch test mode both by manually pressing them and by rolling a ball at them. But in gameplay they rarely get hit straight on, always bouncing off the garage door etc. i want to pay attention and see if they are working properly.

How hard of a hit should it take to register? Other than lighting the insert for that bully, what else should happen?

Rick

#693 9 years ago

For the skillshot the bully targets are lit one at a time in sequence.
You need to hit the target that is currently lit after going through the kwik-e-mart.

The DMD should show the bully getting hit in the head by a pinball and it scores 250,000 for the first hit + 50,000 for each additional hits.
It should also award you the kwik-e-mart bonus multiplier.

#694 9 years ago

Bully targets also light daredevil at the captive ball

#695 9 years ago

Thanks for the info. Played a few games and it looks like things are working just as you guys said. Thanks!

#696 9 years ago

Austin's SXSW event will have this:

http://2015.do512.com/p/a-simpsons-kwik-e-mart-squishee-truck-is-coming-to-sxsw

Kwik-E-Mart_Truck-1.jpgKwik-E-Mart_Truck-1.jpg

#697 9 years ago

When The Simpsons Movie came out a dozen (I think) 7-11s were converted for a while.

Worked a couple blocks from here.
Kwik-e-mart-7-11.jpgKwik-e-mart-7-11.jpg

#698 9 years ago

Sometimes i get balls coming down the monorail and they fall off the wireform. Not immediatley at the transition. They fall off after the first couple turns on the wireform. They fall off and either go back into the shooterlane or outlane. Sometimes the ball almost falls off and rolls down the right rail of the wireform before falling in and continuing down to the flipper.

Doesnt happen all the time, and it doesnt seem to have to be a fast ball coming down from the upper playfield.

Any suggestions for fixing?

Machine is level left/right and is set to correct pitch according to bubble level on playfield. I was thinking of maybe adding a couple washers to raise the lower part of the ramp so ball goes a bit slower?

#699 9 years ago

sounds like your wireform is a little twisted/bent. just guessing... but maybe someone during it's past life had leaned on it while working on the playfield ?

#700 9 years ago

It doesnt seem bent. But i had it apart to put some new rubber in there. Maybe i didnt get it back in place correctly. Ill take another look. And maybe get a video.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 16.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.