(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 146.
#6551 1 year ago

My garage door is occasionally not opening enough for the ball to get in. I'd say it happens about 25% - 35% of the time. Any tips on how to address this? Hasn't always been this way. Is the motor staying to go or is there a spring I should replace?

#6552 1 year ago
Quoted from Johnbeatle:

My garage door is occasionally not opening enough for the ball to get in. I'd say it happens about 25% - 35% of the time. Any tips on how to address this? Hasn't always been this way. Is the motor staying to go or is there a spring I should replace?

it is not a motor, it is a coil that pushed a long rod.
Check turn the PF and move the coil by hand, if you feel resistance, the coil is is either:
-dirty needs cleaning
-needs a new sleeve
or
-the coil might have overheated and swollen therefore restricting the rod from going up and down (I do not think this coil will overhead so easily BUT it is worth checking) you will know this is the case if the rod does not move freely after replacing the sleeve.
-Check all soldering points and connections

#6553 1 year ago
Quoted from Johnbeatle:

There is actually a fix for this. I believe i’t’s recommended to increase the coil size.

#6554 1 year ago

There’s a service bulletin to swap out the coil and replace it with 24-940. I believe this is on the older machines. You can read it here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-little-help-heregarage-door-on-tspp-not-opening-fully

#6555 1 year ago
Quoted from Johnbeatle:

I had the same issue and replaced with the 24-940 coil, everything is working great now. Prior to replacing the coil, I placed a little piece of foam where the rod meets the Garage and that worked really well to get the garage door all the way open every time.

#6556 1 year ago

I’ve the opposite problem, the garage door is always open, en it shuts it springs back open like you’ve hit the switch, I’ve replaced the switch and still the same.

#6557 1 year ago
Quoted from Cathaldub:

I’ve the opposite problem, the garage door is always open, en it shuts it springs back open like you’ve hit the switch, I’ve replaced the switch and still the same.

And switch test?

#6558 1 year ago
Quoted from Cathaldub:

Transistor

#6559 1 year ago

Hey pinheads, check this place out in myrtle beach , Broadway at the beach . Got me a new coffee cup

20220428_191702 (resized).jpg20220428_191702 (resized).jpg20220501_102026 (resized).jpg20220501_102026 (resized).jpg
#6560 1 year ago
Quoted from skivaly21:

Only 2 donut shooters remaining! Let me know if you’d like one
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi do you still have one left? Thanks

#6561 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Hi do you still have one left? Thanks

mikespins has plenty of shooter rods and also DMD Slide Busters.

https://pinside.com/pinball/biz/directory/2061-mikes-3d-things

#6562 1 year ago

If anyone knows of a place making non-donut shooter rods using Homer, Bart, or any other of the Simpsons characters, pls let me know. Thanks.

#6563 1 year ago

Finally got games room setup and installed the donut shooter rod from mikespins

20220502_192431.jpg20220502_192431.jpg
1 week later
#6564 1 year ago

Does anyone have extra plastics they would be willing to sell? Or know where I can buy some? I only found a complete set for $250 but I dont need over half of them. Thanks!

#6565 1 year ago

I sell a nice set of playfield plastic protectors, if you're interested:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-pf-plastic-protectors-now-available

#6566 1 year ago
Quoted from Sean_bc:

Finally got games room setup and installed the donut shooter rod from mikespins
[quoted image]

Awesome, looks great! Thanks for the purchase, very glad you're happy.

#6567 1 year ago

Need some help troubleshooting an issue with the upper left flipper. It seems to be binding on something which prevents it from returning to rest. If I manually push the flipper up with the playfield down, it will stay up. Pressing the left flipper button creates the same result.

However, if I raise the playfield just a bit, then the binding is undone, and the flipper comes back down. Pressing forward on the upper playfield also undoes the binding, and the flipper comes down.

There does not seem to be any wires underneath that are preventing the spring from pulling the flipper down. I have removed and reinstalled the flipper to make sure it was not binding on anything but the problem remains. Has anyone had this problem? Any ideas on what I should try next?

#6568 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Does anyone have extra plastics they would be willing to sell? Or know where I can buy some? I only found a complete set for $250 but I dont need over half of them. Thanks!

DM which plastics for TSPP you want to buy

#6569 1 year ago

Anyone know if these are still sold somewhere? Thanks!

ACCB2CCB-8744-4EE0-A239-BA60932DDDD8 (resized).pngACCB2CCB-8744-4EE0-A239-BA60932DDDD8 (resized).pngF1DCE438-B6E4-4F93-83BB-6E6346955B46 (resized).jpegF1DCE438-B6E4-4F93-83BB-6E6346955B46 (resized).jpeg
#6570 1 year ago

Kid robot makes a Kang and Kodos 13in. Plush. They look cool on top, with some lights.

20220516_210435 (resized).jpg20220516_210435 (resized).jpg
#6571 1 year ago

Im a member finally!
Swiped mine for $3250 today!

#6572 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Im a member finally!
Swiped mine for $3250 today!

You serious?! Wow!! That's the deal of the year! Congrats.

#6573 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

You serious?! Wow!! That's the deal of the year! Congrats.

Crazy deal… pikd up a getaway from him for $1500 not working of course… i asked about his simpsons and he said if you can find me a tmnt pin he would trade straight up. I found a tmnt for 3350 local and drove it up there for the trade yesterday.

#6574 1 year ago

Anyone experience an issue with their ColorDMD displaying the initial screen (attached) but then going blank after?

My board was just swapped as it was causing a different display issue noted previously but after we got this new board installed everything displayed and worked properly at the time on Friday. Fast forward to today I’m now only seeing the image above before it goes dark. I unplugged the display connections (power and ribbon cables) but get the same result. Thoughts?

The gameplay seems to be operating correctly but the display doesn’t show anything after the e initial screen.

Full disclosure, over the weekend I did move the pin location a few feet but checking the cables just now would have identified any loose connections.

0BF29097-3254-4DE0-B0B1-ACA382A8C090 (resized).jpeg0BF29097-3254-4DE0-B0B1-ACA382A8C090 (resized).jpeg
#6575 1 year ago

Check the display roms on the dmd control board, make sure the chip is seated properly and has a good connection.

#6576 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

Check the display roms on the dmd control board, make sure the chip is seated properly and has a good connection.

Everything seems to be in pretty snug on the dmd board. I did just connect the original display back on and got the same result. It is possible there’s not enough power or something?

What’s weird is that even after I moved it to another outlet this weekend I did play a game or two and everything was working as expected.

#6577 1 year ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Anyone experience an issue with their ColorDMD displaying the initial screen (attached) but then going blank after?
My board was just swapped as it was causing a different display issue noted previously but after we got this new board installed everything displayed and worked properly at the time on Friday. Fast forward to today I’m now only seeing the image above before it goes dark. I unplugged the display connections (power and ribbon cables) but get the same result. Thoughts?
The gameplay seems to be operating correctly but the display doesn’t show anything after the e initial screen.
Full disclosure, over the weekend I did move the pin location a few feet but checking the cables just now would have identified any loose connections.
[quoted image]

I don’t think this is your issue, but the latest display and cpu roms are 5.0.

#6578 1 year ago

So im gonna do an ledocd board on my simpsons…pretty easy install im guessing…?

Also im going to just use 2smd sunlight frosted for all the gi and inserts…unless someone has a better idea.
Does anyone have a bulb count for me?

Thx so much

#6579 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

So im gonna do an ledocd board on my simpsons…pretty easy install im guessing…?
Also im going to just use 2smd sunlight frosted for all the gi and inserts…unless someone has a better idea.
Does anyone have a bulb count for me?
Thx so much

I also did the all sunlight. Looks great. There are 45 of 44's, 72 of 555's and 13 of 906's. I put a few green in the upper playfield because the whites were too bright. They are 44's.

Added 22 months ago:

I used frosted sunlight on top and clear under the playfield.

#6580 1 year ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I also did the all sunlight. Looks great. There are 45 of 44's, 72 of 555's and 13 of 906's. I put a few green in the upper playfield because the whites were too bright. They are 44's.

Thx a bunch!

#6581 1 year ago

I recently just did the GI with frosted bulbs.
I like it but there is some flickering when I flip. That said, I can’t see it when I play so it is not a big deal.
I was going to do the rest of the bulbs but I have decided to trade the game for somethibg else.

I am currently looking for a Tron: Legacy pro so if anybody here is wanting to trade let me know!

Cheers

#6582 1 year ago

Depending on your level of OCD-ness, you might also want to consider an LED OCD board. The LED flickering is really bad on these Whitestar era pins. It's hard to convey via video what a difference it makes, but when the previous owner of mine saw it his first words were "Oh, you got the LED OCD board." Immediately noticeable

#6583 1 year ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Depending on your level of OCD-ness, you might also want to consider an LED OCD board. The LED flickering is really bad on these Whitestar era pins. It's hard to convey via video what a difference it makes, but when the previous owner of mine saw it his first words were "Oh, you got the LED OCD board." Immediately noticeable

Totally agree...The LEDOCD is one of the best things you can do your TSPP. It makes a BIG difference.

#6584 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Totally agree...The LEDOCD is one of the best things you can do your TSPP. It makes a BIG difference.

Any recommendations on best place to purchase the OCD board? I've got the LED's but the seller I purchased from didn't install an OCD board.

#6585 1 year ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Any recommendations on best place to purchase the OCD board? I've got the LED's but the seller I purchased from didn't install an OCD board.

Comet has it. Otherwise, I think you have to order from Europe

#6586 1 year ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

http://ledocd.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2

#6587 1 year ago

I just made a batch of Pin2dmd screens for myself and just waiting on a couple of molex connectors to finish up the wire harnesses to power the unit in my Simpsons.

Installation is super easy, the colour files for this title are excellent and the animator did a great job.
I will be posting a video of mine as soon as I have a chance.

I made 10 screens and have 3 available I think, the rest are already sold, if anybody want them please let me know.

Located in Canada! cheers

I will most likely not make this again, these were just made for myself and a few friends and just have some extra. Thanks.

$350 USD plus shipping, it includes your screen, the wire harness that makes for a plug and play experience, the micro SD memory card. You need to pay the animator for the colour files and load them into the card I supply. Very easy. If you are not familiar with this sort of process, I can help.

#6588 1 year ago

Hey fellas, I need your assistance on my TSPP.

My game has been sitting for a while. Turn the machine on today for the first time, push start, eject a ball into the shooter lane. I launch the ball, it hits every target switch, pop bumper and doesn’t register any score or make any of the registered sounds. Ball drains into the trough and immediately kicks another ball into the shooter lane.

I had this problem a while back when I first got the machine but it self corrected itself and never had a problem since. But now it’s started again. Don’t know where to begin to look for this issue.

#6589 1 year ago
Quoted from Moli410:

My game has been sitting for a while. Turn the machine on today for the first time, push start, eject a ball into the shooter lane. I launch the ball, it hits every target switch, pop bumper and doesn’t register any score or make any of the registered sounds. Ball drains into the trough and immediately kicks another ball into the shooter lane.
I had this problem a while back when I first got the machine but it self corrected itself and never had a problem since. But now it’s started again. Don’t know where to begin to look for this issue.

Sounds like maybe it thinks a ball has drained. Do you have all the balls accounted for? Go into switch test mode and see if the trough and shooter lane switches work with the balls, not your finger,

#6590 1 year ago

Success!
Pin2dmd installed. The colourization is great!
Will try to upload a vid to youtube when I am not feeling lazy, lol.

The installation is somewhat difficult, Williams are a lot easier because the video board in on the back box and not behind the screen. So it took some trial and error.

Lots of support from the pin2dmd community I made my own screens, so it is kinda cool for me at least - geek flex - lol

Only thing I need to deal is is light leaking from the translite, just need to create some sort of block/umbrella around the screen. Maybe I will have somebody 3d print something.

Some pics of the install attached, including the power adapter boards that make for a super clean install.

Quoted from Moli410:

Quoted from Moli410:

Are the switches working ok in test?

0AEA770F-7466-4A63-8C5A-85173DFE83D8 (resized).jpeg0AEA770F-7466-4A63-8C5A-85173DFE83D8 (resized).jpeg15A6818F-830E-4CFE-83E1-E730F2F7CB98 (resized).jpeg15A6818F-830E-4CFE-83E1-E730F2F7CB98 (resized).jpeg36C16470-8A1F-493A-9385-83EE2670D76E (resized).jpeg36C16470-8A1F-493A-9385-83EE2670D76E (resized).jpeg80D2C480-953E-4633-9257-FA64E30E8955 (resized).jpeg80D2C480-953E-4633-9257-FA64E30E8955 (resized).jpeg
#6592 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Sounds like maybe it thinks a ball has drained. Do you have all the balls accounted for? Go into switch test mode and see if the trough and shooter lane switches work with the balls, not your finger,

Turns out it was the battery. Pulled the battery, put a new one in and everything is working and registering.

#6593 1 year ago
Quoted from Moli410:

Turns out it was the battery. Pulled the battery, put a new one in and everything is working and registering.

Thx for following up. Not sure how battery could cause that since batteries don't do anything except save settings when the game is off. Do you see any corrosion from the batteries?

Did you do a factory reset?

#6594 1 year ago
Quoted from thpletcher:

Kid robot makes a Kang and Kodos 13in. Plush. They look cool on top, with some lights.
[quoted image]

Just a brilliant idea thpletcher !
I shamelessly copied it and documented each step
Awesome idea sir!

Check out the details and a short video on my blog
https://thepinballloft.com

6D86D664-BE73-4633-8FC8-2F61082D2466 (resized).jpeg6D86D664-BE73-4633-8FC8-2F61082D2466 (resized).jpeg
#6595 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thx for following up. Not sure how battery could cause that since batteries don't do anything except save settings when the game is off. Do you see any corrosion from the batteries?
Did you do a factory reset?

No corrosion as I upgraded it to the lithium battery board from TNT Amusements a few years.m back. When I pulled the battery, it erased everything so it appears it did a factory reset. Took 5 mins to go back to the previous settings I had on it, but game is working flawlessly.

#6596 1 year ago
Quoted from Moli410:

No corrosion as I upgraded it to the lithium battery board from TNT Amusements a few years.m back. When I pulled the battery, it erased everything so it appears it did a factory reset. Took 5 mins to go back to the previous settings I had on it, but game is working flawlessly.

That's so odd. I'm running NVRAM in mine. If I had the same issue would removing the chip and replacing solve it? I honestly don't think so, even though this fixed it I feel like something else is going on

#6597 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

That's so odd. I'm running NVRAM in mine. If I had the same issue would removing the chip and replacing solve it? I honestly don't think so, even though this fixed it I feel like something else is going on

There was another guy from Canada that had the same issue on a separate post and he was told to pull his batteries. I even posted it to FB and got the same answer of pulling the battery.

1 week later
#6598 1 year ago

Has anybody replace the coil at Otto’s saucer with something stronger? Mine seems to fail at kicking the ball just sometimes.
There is no mechanical issue or binding or anything weong at the coil upon inspection.

I know some have replaces the gerage door coil so I am wondering it the saucer needs more juice too?

I am not sure it my game has the updates garage coil. Dont think I need it but if I am doing the saicer will most likely do the garage as well.

By the way, I will be selling my game soon.
I decided that want something else. mint huo!

#6599 1 year ago

Search my name in this thread, I provided a solution. Basically, shortening the plunger length is the solution.

Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Has anybody replace the coil at Otto’s saucer with something stronger? Mine seems to fail at kicking the ball just sometimes.
There is no mechanical issue or binding or anything weong at the coil upon inspection.
I know some have replaces the gerage door coil so I am wondering it the saucer needs more juice too?
I am not sure it my game has the updates garage coil. Dont think I need it but if I am doing the saicer will most likely do the garage as well.
By the way, I will be selling my game soon.
I decided that want something else. mint huo!

#6600 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Search my name in this thread, I provided a solution. Basically, shortening the plunger length is the solution.

I see you recommend adding a spacer to the plunger.
Would it not just shortening the plunger (if it is plastic) by sanding provide the same effect?
Just asking because I do not have a spacer handy that fits there...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/132?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.