(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 hours ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 146.
#6501 2 years ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

If anyone watches Deadflip, Jack Danger just put up ~250M tonight.

I was just proud of my 70M so I guess I need to keep practicing, lol

#6502 2 years ago

I believe one of my roms is playing the wrong sound, it only happen with 2 callouts.
I believe I hear something like...

THANK YOU MIKEY by Homer, but...

I believe it should say ' That monkey stole my keys', I am not sure, I can't really tell.
There is another callouts that sometimes clips but I can't recall which one as it is very random and it is not a callout that plays all the time like the one by Homer.

Any ideas what to check? I looked into the diagnostics and all the rooms play well there, so I am not sure what to do. I am not super familiar with this platform yet. This is my first whitestar.
I did check Pin Wiki but there is no mention of an issue like this one being documented before, mind you, I did find sounds issues with some Google fu

#6503 2 years ago

I figured the actual callout is playable when in attract mode.
Clearly, this is some gibberish to me. No other callouts are remarkably bad as this one, except for maybe one other one by Bart I think that it just isn't finished. I think the music sometimes stops and restarts too.
But the last 2 issues are so minor that you would not notice during gameplay.

#6504 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I figured the actual callout is playable when in attract mode.
Clearly, this is some gibberish to me. No other callouts are remarkably bad as this one, except for maybe one other one by Bart I think that it just isn't finished. I think the music sometimes stops and restarts too.
But the last 2 issues are so minor that you would not notice during gameplay.

Ha, that's grandpa Simpson saying back in my day they didn't have flippers. It's normal

#6505 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Ha, that's grandpa Simpson saying back in my day they didn't have flippers. It's normal

lol, now I hear it. It just sounded odd haha.

#6506 2 years ago

I searched but i cant seem to find the sisters anywhere, were they left off the playfield?

#6507 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I searched but i cant seem to find the sisters anywhere, were they left off the playfield?

Not on the playfield, plastics, cab art, or translite, unless I'm just not spotting them, too.

#6508 2 years ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

If anyone watches Deadflip, Jack Danger just put up ~250M tonight.

I'm sure he's a nice enough guy, but all the "bro" talk really annoys me.

Good score though. I've only had one game higher than that.

#6509 2 years ago

Any idea what to order from Titan or whoever to replace the thick post rubber? The black ones that go around the bases of the one way gates mainly. NOT the o ring on top of them or the usual post sleeves.

#6510 2 years ago

Need some help. Just received my TiltTopper TSPP topper after 2+months wait (was supposed to be 2-3 weeks). Painful transaction.

Topper is beautiful but it doesn’t come with installation instructions and I can’t find them on Pinside.

Can anyone help me out here? Maybe a picture of where you plugged in the topper power ?

Thanks in advance!

#6511 2 years ago

Right side of coin door near front of machine.

#6512 2 years ago

Picked Bart up from TPF. Finally got him installed up top.

0 (resized).jpg0 (resized).jpg
#6513 2 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Right side of coin door near front of machine.

Thanks. Wasn’t quite near the coin door, but your response helped me out. Determined I need a splitter as the connector is currently used for some LED flipper buttons. Appreciate the help!

#6514 2 years ago

Figured you Disneyland Enchanted Tiki fans could appreciate this. This was modeled by a wonderfully tangled individual. who sells the model. This little guy was an initial test. Next I am making a reproduction animatronic version complete with moving arms, sound and LEDs

187E8597-BDC5-429A-AC33-198F7E9F0218 (resized).jpeg187E8597-BDC5-429A-AC33-198F7E9F0218 (resized).jpegC9828979-9110-4742-A289-1E48F6FBF975 (resized).jpegC9828979-9110-4742-A289-1E48F6FBF975 (resized).jpeg385CC0E1-7D48-4A4B-A4AF-95F7AC59A3CB (resized).jpeg385CC0E1-7D48-4A4B-A4AF-95F7AC59A3CB (resized).jpeg
#6515 2 years ago

Hi! I have 2 full repro sets left in stock for TSPP. Free express courier shipping will provided for this order. Let me know who interested.
s-l1600-1 (resized).jpgs-l1600-1 (resized).jpg

#6516 2 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Hi! I have 2 full repro sets left in stock for TSPP. Free express courier shipping will provided for this order. Let me know who interested.
[quoted image]

just curious what the price is
thank you

#6517 2 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

[quoted image]

This shouldn't last long. Those plastics have been impossible to find for years.

#6518 2 years ago

Just got a TSPP that is one of the later runs with the emulated sound chip - it does that lovely HONK in the middle of the music… Was there ever a fix for this? Any aftermarket products or new ROMs ?

#6519 2 years ago

Ay caramba. Got to Alien Invasion for the first time ever last night. Got up to 4 balls. Damn that's a hard mode lol.

#6520 2 years ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

Ay caramba. Got to Alien Invasion for the first time ever last night. Got up to 4 balls. Damn that's a hard mode lol.

me too, but 2 days ago, I was not sure what to do? got up to 3 balls I think but at one point I did not have any flashing lights I did not know where to shoot and then it timed out.

Anybody finding the flippers on this gen a bit anemic? I know these have a HARD setting in the options but I did not like how it also affect the ball through and it is ejecting onto the outline with too much power, my lane is protected with mylar but I do not want to beat it up.

That said, the games does play better when the coils are set HARD.

#6521 2 years ago

me too, but 2 days ago, I was not sure what to do? got up to 3 balls I think but at one point I did not have any flashing lights I did not know where to shoot and then it timed out.
Anybody finding the flippers on this gen a bit anemic? I know these have a HARD setting in the options but I did not like how it also affect the ball through and it is ejecting onto the outline with too much power, my lane is protected with mylar but I do not want to beat it up.

You have to lock all balls, consecutively, up to 5 balls. Super hard mode!

#6522 2 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

You have to lock all balls, consecutively, up to 5 balls. Super hard mode!

1st couch
2nd Otto
3rd Itchy Scratchy
4rth Upper PF loop

where is the 5th one? is it the VUK?

#6523 2 years ago

1st couch
2nd Otto
3rd Itchy Scratchy
4rth Upper PF loop

Garage works for the final one of any stage.

#6524 2 years ago

1st couch
2nd Otto
3rd Itchy Scratchy
4rth Upper PF loop

I think you have to have at least 2 in the couch when you're on 5. I don't think the TV will count unless it's the final ball

#6525 2 years ago

Be aware of two balls getting stuck in the I&S hole which will make the game think you still have one out there.

If this occurs you can hold the start button and it will release all of the balls and you can continue the mode.

#6526 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

I think you have to have at least 2 in the couch when you're on 5. I don't think the TV will count unless it's the final ball

Correct. Have to have 2 in the couch for the 5-ball phase.

If it helps, here’s a visual version of Bowen’s rules (where that requirement is called out): https://www.dropbox.com/s/pf9hwkgrsiu959v/TSPP%20Rules%20v3.1.pdf?dl=0

#6527 2 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

If it helps, here’s a visual version of Bowen’s rules (where that requirement is called out): https://www.dropbox.com/s/pf9hwkgrsiu959v/TSPP%20Rules%20v3.1.pdf?dl=0

I’d say is humanly impossible to get to the final wizard mode.

#6528 2 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

This is a pretty great map of the game. It's worth mentioning you don't need to play Pretzel MB to get to the SDMEWM. The six requirements are:

- Get 5 Couch MB super jackpots
- Collect a Super Jackpot in Scratchy's Revenge
- Complete Daredevil Mania (5M points)
- Complete Secret Stash (collect 10 hurry-ups)
- Complete Alien Invasion (lock the 5th ball)
- Get the Super Jackpot in Springfield Mystery Spot

#6529 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

This is a pretty great map of the game. It's worth mentioning you don't need to play Pretzel MB to get to the SDMEWM. The six requirements are:

Seems impossible to accomplish, lol

#6530 2 years ago

It takes one hell of a game but I have managed to be the Garage shot away from SMS, the 5th ball locked in AI (I just barely ran out of time), the 5th Couch SJP, and about 400k on Scratchy's Revenge (horrific double-drain). (Writing that out suddenly makes me feel like it was a long way off but it really wasn't.)

I know this is an extremely tough game but I'm actually quite confident I can get there if I just put a little more focus into it. The problem is the games are extremely long. I wish there was a more difficult but abbreviated version of the code so the games were more like 20 minutes to get there.

#6531 2 years ago

I’d say is humanly impossible to get to the final wizard mode.

It's really not that bad. Been close many times, just can't seem to beat mystery spot very often, damn reverse flippers.

#6532 2 years ago

I asked Escher yesterday if he ever got it. He said he's done it twice. Said that mystery spot is the make or break point of the game, if you fail to get the final jackpot you're screwed. I watched him get to valinor yesterday, it was pretty cool. I'd never seen it before

#6533 2 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

It's really not that bad. Been close many times, just can't seem to beat mystery spot very often, damn reverse flippers.

Have you tried swapping your hands? That's what Jack did on his streamed 250M game and it worked pretty well for him. Never would have thought of that.

#6534 2 years ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

Have you tried swapping your hands? That's what Jack did on his streamed 250M game and it worked pretty well for him. Never would have thought of that.

yeah if you reverse your hands that is it. I actually got to this mode the first night I played the game and have not been able to get to it again, lol.

#6535 2 years ago

yeah if you reverse your hands that is it. I actually got to this mode the first night I played the game and have not been able to get to it again, lol.

I made it once in the first ten games and then never again, hahah.

#6536 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

Thanks for that. I’ll update it.

Only made it to Pretzel MB once, via the grace of mystery prizes.

#6537 2 years ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

Only every single time lol. That's the only way to play reverse flippers modes with any type of success.

#6538 2 years ago

Karl Deangelo managed to do it. But, of course, he also a *very* good player.

#6539 1 year ago

joining the club. Found a HUO (probably?) unit with 0 art wear near the flipper buttons. I'd like to keep it that way.

Obviously some clear protective covers would work... but I like the look of the plain black side armor that covers the flipper area. (The nuke stuff isn't for me)

Two questions:
- Is there a particular part number/configuration I'm looking for here as this is a fairly older Stern?
- If I went clear-cover route... has anyone used + removed protective covers they can recommend? I'm terrified that they'd lift the art if they were ever removed.

#6540 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

joining the club. Found a HUO (probably?) unit with 0 art wear near the flipper buttons. I'd like to keep it that way.
Obviously some clear protective covers would work... but I like the look of the plain black side armor that covers the flipper area. (The nuke stuff isn't for me)
Two questions:
- Is there a particular part number/configuration I'm looking for here as this is a fairly older Stern?
- If I went clear-cover route... has anyone used + removed protective covers they can recommend? I'm terrified that they'd lift the art if they were ever removed.

I put mylar on new Sterns but never on these silkscreen cabs. with newer sterns I wax the decal before appliying the mylar and they come off super easily I am not sure I would do this on a silkscreen cab.
If you are getting a unit with no wear just get the translucent protectors that attach at the button, that is what I have. I dont like them because they move but I can't notice them when I play.

for me to put armour in it would have to be something really nice and of quality. Unfortunately my game has art worn in only 1 button, I really do not care much and I say that even though I am crazy at maintaining my pins,

#6541 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Two questions:

There are others in this thread that are true original HUO owners (@lermods, perhaps?) and can confirm, but I believe the consensus is HUO machines are likely safe from cabinet wear. Hopefully one of those folks will chime in.

Otherwise, agreed on the plain black lollypops. That’s what’s on my machine and I’m happy with them.

#6542 1 year ago
Quoted from cjchand:

There are others in this thread that are true original HUO owners (Lermods, perhaps?) and can confirm, but I believe the consensus is HUO machines are likely safe from cabinet wear. Hopefully one of those folks will chime in.
Otherwise, agreed on the plain black lollypops. That’s what’s on my machine and I’m happy with them.

yep, I bought in NIB in 2003. Zero wear at the flipper buttons. I also have no cliffies installed except at the shooter lane and the game looks like new. The only reason I have it on the shooter lane is because the black line along the left side starts to rub off.

PXL_20220421_141727237 (resized).jpgPXL_20220421_141727237 (resized).jpgPXL_20220421_141733721 (resized).jpgPXL_20220421_141733721 (resized).jpgPXL_20220421_141830575 (resized).jpgPXL_20220421_141830575 (resized).jpgPXL_20220421_141842280 (resized).jpgPXL_20220421_141842280 (resized).jpg
#6543 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

yep, I bought in NIB in 2003. Zero wear at the flipper buttons. I also have no cliffies installed except at the shooter lane and the game looks like new. The only reason I have it on the shooter lane is because the black line along the left side starts to rub off.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

that is nicer than mine for sure and mine is VERYU nice, however I think my cab is a little faded? all the characters, except the front Simpson's family look a little washed out, I am not sure if it is faded or if its is like that naturally because the actual Simpsons look crisp.

How often do you guys maintain the orbit in this game. To prevent ball trails from baking into the clear I actually added mylar all around the orbit, that way I do not have to worry about ball trails there anymore, other than a clean now and then, which is a breeze now that the mylar is there...

Also what is the consensus with adding cliffys to protect all the ramps? My game is pristine really so would like to maintain it like this

#6544 1 year ago

that is nicer than mine for sure and mine is VERYU nice, however I think my cab is a little faded? all the characters, except the front Simpson's family look a little washed out, I am not sure if it is faded or if its is like that naturally because the actual Simpsons look crisp.
How often do you guys maintain the orbit in this game. To prevent ball trails from baking into the clear I actually added mylar all around the orbit, that way I do not have to worry about ball trails there anymore, other than a clean now and then, which is a breeze now that the mylar is there...
Also what is the consensus with adding cliffys to protect all the ramps? My game is pristine really so would like to maintain it like this

the cabinets are generally all a bit faded, that's just how they came from the factory.

In terms of ball trails, I've found them to be most noticeable exiting the shooter lane. Once I start to see that trail, I wipe the entire game down.

I have no protection on the ramps and have had no issues.

the only area on my game where you can see some wear, besides the shooter lane, is the garage door. it shows a little bit of a dark line from where the ball hits it.

#6545 1 year ago

All TSPP cabinet art looks that way. The background characters were all deliberately "faded". Only the larger "front" characters are clear and crisp.

#6546 1 year ago

I have had 2 of these machines. The 1st one was routed and had seen some good use. All the ramps had cracks/chips at entry points. Not a deal breaker but cracks were there. White fade at flipper buttons/start button. When I purchased my current one which was made 1 week after my 1st one (4/2003) it was HUO from new and never left this gentleman’s basement. I immediately ordered all the cliffy’s for the ramps / shooter lane to preserve the perfect condition of the game. Also waxed then went the clear cover route.

#6547 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

Wait til you get the Mystery Spot and it switches flippers...total blast!

#6548 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Two questions:

I got my HUO in 2006 with 33 plays on it....have the clear covers on the flippers and start button...no wear. I'm also fearful of them lifting the decals if I ever remove them. Solution? I'll never remove them lol.

#6549 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

Wait til you get the Mystery Spot and it switches flippers...total blast!

I followed someone's advice on this thread and reversed my hands on the Mystery Spot backwards flippers. Made a helluva difference. How, not sure exactly, but flipper play was remarkably better.

#6550 1 year ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

I followed someone's advice on this thread and reversed my hands on the Mystery Spot backwards flippers. Made a helluva difference. How, not sure exactly, but flipper play was remarkably better.

Yep, reversing hands is the way to do it. When I get it, I'm usually laughing so hard I mess it up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 218.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/131?hl=vbobrusev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.