(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 146.
#6351 2 years ago

Wow, that looks awesome.

#6352 2 years ago

Well I never even thought about changing side art before but WOW the donut art looks incredible.

#6353 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

More work on my cabinet restore done today. I really like the alternate donut decals and so does my daughter
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This looks incredible, good job!

#6354 2 years ago

Thanks everyone for the amazing comments.
Got the backbox attached this morning

87550BA1-5DC1-46A8-BA97-2AA1E606D5B6 (resized).jpeg87550BA1-5DC1-46A8-BA97-2AA1E606D5B6 (resized).jpegC59717CB-2B9F-422A-B5E3-915539EAEED8 (resized).jpegC59717CB-2B9F-422A-B5E3-915539EAEED8 (resized).jpegD74C895B-8532-4491-AB01-B17348EA74FF (resized).jpegD74C895B-8532-4491-AB01-B17348EA74FF (resized).jpeg
#6355 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Looks *SO* good!

#6356 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thanks everyone for the amazing comments.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, that looks amazing. Nice work!

So ugh, just had a good game with 165 million but completely bombed all the wizard goals. Failed secret stash, failed alien invasion, failed scratchys revenge, failed mystery spot. On mystery spot, how is it finished? Does it have to be finished to qualify wizard mode? I had just the left ramp left blinking and started itchy and scratchy. Then I hit it, but all the arrows were flashing so I didn't know what I needed to finish mystery spot. Maybe hit otto again to end it? Couch? There's no arrow for the couch so I don't know if that shot is required or not

#6357 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Wow, that looks amazing. Nice work!
So ugh, just had a good game with 165 million but completely bombed all the wizard goals. Failed secret stash, failed alien invasion, failed scratchys revenge, failed mystery spot. On mystery spot, how is it finished? Does it have to be finished to qualify wizard mode? I had just the left ramp left blinking and started itchy and scratchy. Then I hit it, but all the arrows were flashing so I didn't know what I needed to finish mystery spot. Maybe hit otto again to end it? Couch? There's no arrow for the couch so I don't know if that shot is required or not

Springfield Mystery Spot is definitely required for the SDMEWM. To finish it I *believe* you need to open the garage and then shoot the garage. The garage door will close after a few seconds (5? I can't remember but it feels like less than that) so you'll need to be quick and likely have two balls cradled to hit it.

The full rules are here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pinball/919758-the-simpsons-pinball-party/faqs/26419

#6358 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

Springfield Mystery Spot is definitely required for the SDMEWM. To finish it I *believe* you need to open the garage and then shoot the garage. The garage door will close after a few seconds (5? I can't remember but it feels like less than that) so you'll need to be quick and likely have two balls cradled to hit it.
The full rules are here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pinball/919758-the-simpsons-pinball-party/faqs/26419

Thanks, I had looked at the rule sheet but must have found an old version as this one has more info. Good to know to look for the 2X lights and not the arrows.

#6359 2 years ago

Received my shooter rod from mikespins last night. Very happy and can't wait to install it.

20220217_080038.jpg20220217_080038.jpg
#6360 2 years ago

Just a PSA regarding the Itchy & Scratchy TV Mod...

I've been getting a lot of messages and emails asking if I'm going to keep making these.

The short answer is yes. The long answer is below.

I've been using the same display for the last 7 years, but these displays have become "unavailable." They haven't been discontinued, just difficult to get. I've been waiting for an order from my supplier since August, and the backorder kept moving the date from Nov to Dec to April to June. I've been trying some different displays that seem a little more accessible, at least for now, and I think I found one that will work. Because the display is slightly different in size and mounts and receives power a little differently, I've had to have the TV model re-designed. We are currently working on and tweaking that model now. Once I have a prototype of this new model, I will need to test it in the game for fit, ease of installation, and function.

I'm hoping to have these available within the next few months.

If you have been checking my Pinside Shops or Mezel Mods for these to be back in stock, please send me a DM in Pinside with the subject line "I want a TSPP TV." This also applies to the Wood Grain TV Mod for other games. If you're interested in one of those, as well or instead, send the subject line "I want a Wood Grain TV."

This can help me plan inventory before I actually put it back in stock on Mezelmods.

Sorry for the delay.

#6361 2 years ago
Quoted from Sean_bc:

Received my shooter rod from mikespins last night. Very happy and can't wait to install it. [quoted image]

Same on this end. Attention to detail and quality is top notch. I' mean look at those sprinkles - great addition to my TSPP!

Highly recommend mikespins and Mike's work overall.

TSPP Rod (resized).jpgTSPP Rod (resized).jpg

#6362 2 years ago

Joined the club yesterday! I need some help ! I had to remove the head to transport the unit and I took pictures of everything , or do I thought. I have these 2 danglers and I can’t find a single thing that they might connect to.

Please help! Having people over tonight and I would be cool to get this sorted out.
0F300A7E-47CA-454B-8747-3D1237331EDA (resized).jpeg0F300A7E-47CA-454B-8747-3D1237331EDA (resized).jpeg583D23A4-A9D3-4EAD-BC3A-6C80F7607161 (resized).jpeg583D23A4-A9D3-4EAD-BC3A-6C80F7607161 (resized).jpegF43C19C8-A645-41D8-8F3B-D1F7C2AC039F (resized).jpegF43C19C8-A645-41D8-8F3B-D1F7C2AC039F (resized).jpeg

#6363 2 years ago

Sorry, I wish I had mine in front of me. Bump to get you playing. One of your connectors has a plug in the 3rd hole. Should help you out.

#6364 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Hounded to club yesterday! I need some help ! I had to remove the head to transport the unit and I took pictures of everything , or do I thought. I have these 2 danglers and I can’t find a single thing that they might connect to.
Please help! Having people over tonight and I would be cool to get this sorted out. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm not in front of my game but have this picture after I installed an LED OCD. I will open up my backbox and check tomorrow for you, but in the meantime maybe this will help.
20210917_191517.jpg20210917_191517.jpg

#6365 2 years ago

Well I found two posts after I asked my question In this thread. It looks like others had the same question and one guy asking the question was almost certain that they were danglers.

I tried to boot the game not long after I posted and everything turned out great.

#6366 2 years ago

Got a question about the couch ball holding. I found the settings that hold or eject the balls between games but is there a way so I can stop from stealing the locks during a game with multiple players ?

#6367 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Got a question about the couch ball holding. I found the settings that hold or eject the balls between games but is there a way so I can stop from stealing the locks during a game with multiple players ?

Set couch multi balls to never, I believe

#6368 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Pretty sure there's no stealing. If the couch gets full, but the last lock wasn't that player's 3rd lock, the couch will eject a ball back to the player.

#6369 2 years ago

I have it set to "never" but it keeps stealing if you are another player.

#6370 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I have it set to "never" but it keeps stealing if you are another player.

Hrm. Not sure then. Do you know which ROM version you have (shown on power up)? The latest version is v5.0.

Perhaps that behavior changed over time, but that's a total guess.

The behavior you are mentioning seems to align to the "always" setting, but that's not what you're set to. From the manual:

--------

HOLD COUCH LOCKS:
Set to NEVER,1-PLAYER GAMES, or ALWAYS

Default is: 1-PLAYERGAMES.

Set to NEVER means the couch will never hold locks between games and will kick balls out at the Game End.

1-PLAYER GAMES means the couch will hold locks between games and allow players to "steal" locks from previous games, but only in a 1-Player Game (so there isn’t an advantage in Multiplayer Games).

ALWAYS means the couch will always hold locks between games AND players, and allow players to "steal" locks even in Multiplayer Games.

(This adjustment is ignored when Competition Mode is on (treated as NEVER)). In Tournament Games, players must always earn Couch Multiball by making 3 locks. In the case that a Tournament Game Player is starting a game with 1 or more balls already in the lock, balls will be passed-through as in a Multiplayer Game when the couch is full (or the Installed number of balls is maxed out).

#6371 2 years ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Hey all,
So I ordered an LCD colordmd from the ColorDMD site and being a newb I had someone else install. We downloaded the software and installed it in the new display and when we turned it on it seemed to work. I didn’t really play it at the time so fast forward a couple of weeks and when I turn it on now the power seems to glitch and the display doesn’t come on. What’s weird is that when I turned it on and off it came and stayed on once so I started a game but the images (which were color) didn’t sync with what the game was actually doing. When I hit a shot it would show the appropriate screen reaction but after it would cycle through and display random Simpsons screens/reactions while the ball is in play.
So tonight I turned it back on, the lights flickered and it seems like it was going to crap out power-wise (lights on black box flickered a bit) but then the game display doesn’t come on. Any thoughts?
I’m on v4.0 of TSPP, I see there’s a v5.0 for download on the Stern site so am wondering if I was supposed to upgrade to v5.0 before installing the colordmd.
Any thoughts/insight is appreciated, thanks.

So a month later and I still haven’t resolved the issue. Believe I was using the same 26 pin cable before the colordmd swap and feedback I received from Randy from ColorDMD says I should check the plugs. However, I did that but it still cycles through random issues. Randy said it has to do with the cpu board sending the signal to the display via the cable so I’ll order and replace the cable to see if that works.

I still am in v4.0 but the color dmd site said v5.0 is needed. However, one reply said they were not on v5.0 and their colordmd works so I’m waiting for Randy to confirm. For those who do have a colordmd are you on v5.0?

#6372 2 years ago
Quoted from briyau15:

So a month later and I still haven’t resolved the issue. Believe I was using the same 26 pin cable before the colordmd swap and feedback I received from Randy from ColorDMD says I should check the plugs. However, I did that but it still cycles through random issues. Randy said it has to do with the cpu board sending the signal to the display via the cable so I’ll order and replace the cable to see if that works.
I still am in v4.0 but the color dmd site said v5.0 is needed. However, one reply said they were not on v5.0 and their colordmd works so I’m waiting for Randy to confirm. For those who do have a colordmd are you on v5.0?

Yes i am and made the rom swap prior to installing color DMD. You can get the CPU 5.0 and display chip set for like $20 from Matts Basement arcade and he ships quickly

#6373 2 years ago

TSPP is/was my first game. I bought it from another Pinside member about 4 or 5 years ago. My high score is about 145,000,000. Absolutely obsessed. Still haven't beaten Alien Invasion. So frustrating! Tonight I got a 2,000,000 extra ball bonus...not sure why...first time. Regardless, love the game.

I also now have The Shadow (LOVE it), TMNT Premium (growing on me), and I just bought Black Knight Swords of Rage after playing it a few minutes - seemed cool enough!

Anyway, a few weeks ago or so I bought a 2nd TSPP from an awesome Pinside member, because he happened to live near me, and mostly because it's still new in the box!!! It could be the only one in U.S. but of course I don't know. Since I love TSPP I figured I could hoard the NIB, eventually sell my current game, and start fresh with the NIB one for myself. Or, I could sell the NIB for a profit one day, years from now.

Figured I'd throw it out there that if someone wants the New in box TSPP and willing to pay up for it now, I'd sell it for a quick profit now. Just being transparent.

PM me if you want to offer for TSPP NIB. If this is supposed to only go on Market section, my bad, I can delete.

#6374 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

It looks like others had the same question and one guy asking the question was almost certain that they were danglers.

Those cables attach to an optional TOPs tournament board. Kit came with board, cables and Betabrite display. Mounted where your pinsound board is. Kits could be moved between all Whitestar games to run tournaments and custom messages. I bought the last one Marco ever sold. TSPP manual has schematics and settings choices.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-5058-00

#6375 2 years ago
Quoted from Sllabnip:

TSPP is/was my first game. I bought it from another Pinside member about 4 or 5 years ago. My high score is about 145,000,000. Absolutely obsessed. Still haven't beaten Alien Invasion. So frustrating! Tonight I got a 2,000,000 extra ball bonus...not sure why...first time. Regardless, love the game.
I also now have The Shadow (LOVE it), TMNT Premium (growing on me), and I just bought Black Knight Swords of Rage after playing it a few minutes - seemed cool enough!
Anyway, a few weeks ago or so I bought a 2nd TSPP from an awesome Pinside member, because he happened to live near me, and mostly because it's still new in the box!!! It could be the only one in U.S. but of course I don't know. Since I love TSPP I figured I could hoard the NIB, eventually sell my current game, and start fresh with the NIB one for myself. Or, I could sell the NIB for a profit one day, years from now.
Figured I'd throw it out there that if someone wants the New in box TSPP and willing to pay up for it now, I'd sell it for a quick profit now. Just being transparent.
PM me if you want to offer for TSPP NIB. If this is supposed to only go on Market section, my bad, I can delete.

I hope that NIB games didn’t ship with batteries installed back then. But yes, this does belong in a marketplace ad and in a “for sale” forum

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6376 2 years ago
Quoted from Sllabnip:

I can say with certainty that yours is not the only NIB TSPP in the US.

28FA0C12-6B58-450C-A313-05666C53FA4C (resized).jpeg28FA0C12-6B58-450C-A313-05666C53FA4C (resized).jpeg
#6377 2 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

I can say with certainty that yours is not the only NIB TSPP in the US.

I can say with certainty that there's an excellent chance the factory batteries on that game are likely leaking by now. Crazy to keep a Whitestar game in the box this long.

#6378 2 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

I can say with certainty that there's an excellent chance the factory batteries on that game are likely leaking by now. Crazy to keep a Whitestar game in the box this long.

If the batteries leaked, they did so long before I bought it. My plan was to buy a new MPU board to have standing by when I opened it, in case the batteries have leaked. However, since buying it I am not all that sure I want the game. My wife and I used to play a TSPP on route at a bar we went to and remembered liking it, so when I saw a NIB TSPP for sale locally I bought it. After I got it, we played one at Free Play Florida and were not too excited about the game. Our plan is to see if there is one to play at the Texas Pinball Festival to give it another try before deciding what to do with it. Adding to the problem is that I really do not have enough room for another game, so I would have to rotate something out to make room for TSPP.

#6379 2 years ago
Quoted from Sllabnip:

The million dollar question... How much are you looking to get for it?

#6380 2 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

I wonder what a stock NIB TSPP is worth? $7-$8K? Personally I'd rather buy a nice HUO one that I know was working although if it does work out of the box its a great find

#6381 2 years ago

Powdercoat done
Next is to replace the t molding by yellow or chrome one?

Not happy with the plunger base
Leave it as it is or make him redo?

BC4711F3-6D81-4056-942E-4658E9644223 (resized).jpegBC4711F3-6D81-4056-942E-4658E9644223 (resized).jpegCB9EC10A-5599-4669-97CA-F5B2C9412BF5 (resized).jpegCB9EC10A-5599-4669-97CA-F5B2C9412BF5 (resized).jpegDD1954E1-B01D-4B0D-9134-EA3482D9F2B4 (resized).jpegDD1954E1-B01D-4B0D-9134-EA3482D9F2B4 (resized).jpegDFD19FDF-6228-441F-9A08-5E5E656A292B (resized).jpegDFD19FDF-6228-441F-9A08-5E5E656A292B (resized).jpeg

#6382 2 years ago
Quoted from Sllabnip:

Hey brother , would you sell me you other tspp not the nib one .. why you need two .. if it’s your favorite game keep the nib .. can you post some pics of you huo one here and let us know the price you want for it ??

#6383 2 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Nib tspp in this market would sell for 15,000 -20,000 easy .. keep it .. but I’d play it if I was you .. it’s too awesome.. pm if you will take less than 15,000 ..

Anyone else think I’m correct ..

#6384 2 years ago
Quoted from spikelou2:

Nib tspp in this market would sell for 15,000 -20,000 easy .. keep it .. but I’d play it if I was you .. it’s too awesome.. pm if you will take less than 15,000 ..

I agree with whoever posted earlier about buying a nice HUO game with some tasteful mods for half the price. If you’ve got money to burn and want to gamble on a NIB with no battery leakage i guess it’s cool to see one out there.

#6385 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

I agree with whoever posted earlier about buying a nice HUO game with some tasteful mods for half the price. If you’ve got money to burn and want to gamble on a NIB with no battery leakage i guess it’s cool to see one out there.

To each there own .. but you have to admire a nib tspp .. in this market it’s worth 15-20k .

#6386 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Powdercoat done
Next is to replace the t molding by yellow or chrome one?
Not happy with the plunger base
Leave it as it is or make him redo?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Go with chrome .. and don’t worry about the plunger .. unless your gonna obsess about it it’s fine

#6387 2 years ago
Quoted from spikelou2:

so you're saying you'd cough up $15K for a NIB TSPP?

#6388 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I remember at some point last year a NIB TSPP was posted (and ridiculed) all over the Facebook groups. I believe it was somewhere in NJ and the ask was originally 15k and came down to 11k or so before disappearing

#6389 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I’m saying I’d buy as many as I could get below 15,000 ..

#6390 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

I remember at some point last year a NIB TSPP was posted (and ridiculed) all over the Facebook groups. I believe it was somewhere in NJ and the ask was originally 15k and came down to 11k or so before disappearing

Last year was last year .. last year tspp huo was 5400

#6391 2 years ago

“Life size” donut shooter progress photo. Just needs clear coat and attached to the rod. Almost on it’s way to a forum member’s machine!

53AF090F-013E-4DD9-95B8-2A9659021B07 (resized).jpeg53AF090F-013E-4DD9-95B8-2A9659021B07 (resized).jpeg
#6392 2 years ago

Done ✅

F96127F8-ABA2-4D7E-A97E-3CD08065BA18 (resized).jpegF96127F8-ABA2-4D7E-A97E-3CD08065BA18 (resized).jpeg
#6393 2 years ago

Looks great! Nice work.

#6394 2 years ago

I went with the yellow trim.

69EA422E-2613-40D9-987F-3001F82738BB (resized).jpeg69EA422E-2613-40D9-987F-3001F82738BB (resized).jpeg
#6395 2 years ago

I swear someone hear had asked about character shooter rods so thought I’d post this. Experimented with the kid robot mini figures and seems to work well.

Just some fun on my playfield changing out some of the world of Springfield characters.

0750085A-A961-4C26-8B65-6CC35F55EEF8 (resized).jpeg0750085A-A961-4C26-8B65-6CC35F55EEF8 (resized).jpeg08F72292-60F7-4EF4-B8ED-03CE9D41C314 (resized).jpeg08F72292-60F7-4EF4-B8ED-03CE9D41C314 (resized).jpeg
#6396 2 years ago

Has anyone ever had to make any adjustments to the gate on the couch ramp? I've had a few instances where I felt the gate angle kept my ball from making it all the way up.

#6397 2 years ago

Just bought my first pin, had to get TSPP. Is the treehouse of horror mode random? First treehouse of horror mode is always 10% nuclear value, second is always nuclear disaster. Are they random, or always supposed to be in the same order?

#6398 2 years ago
Quoted from JB2005:

Just bought my first pin, had to get TSPP. Is the treehouse of horror mode random? First treehouse of horror mode is always 10% nuclear value, second is always nuclear disaster. Are they random, or always supposed to be in the same order?

Mine have always been random.

#6399 2 years ago

That's what I remembered from other games, will have to figure out what is going on. Thanks

Quoted from Sparky:

Mine have always been random.

#6400 2 years ago
Quoted from JB2005:

That's what I remembered from other games, will have to figure out what is going on. Thanks

Is it in Tournament mode?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 18.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Youngstown, OH
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/128 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.