(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,251 posts
  • 706 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Gutterghoul
  • Topic is favorited by 327 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174044 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174050 (resized).jpg
IMG_6018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6024 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6023 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5977 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5974 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 146.
#6151 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Little upgrade…
Decided to powdercoat (Sour Apple) Did the habitrails and monorail too. Legs will be here tomorrow. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks amazing! Did your powder coat guy need to strip the existing black powder somehow?

#6152 2 years ago

I actually like normal bulbs under the ramps… I switched some to comet sunlight which looks great in the GI…. But under. The ramps, they they show up as a bright white dot…. Not sure it makes sense…. But try to look at it before you reassemble

#6153 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Looks amazing! Did your powder coat guy need to strip the existing black powder somehow?

No sure. I will ask. The process was standard.

#6154 2 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

I actually like normal bulbs under the ramps… I switched some to comet sunlight which looks great in the GI…. But under. The ramps, they they show up as a bright white dot…. Not sure it makes sense…. But try to look at it before you reassemble

Even the comet sunlight didn't look right under the ramps?

#6155 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Even the comet sunlight didn't look right under the ramps?

I have the sunlights under the ramps and they look OK to me.

#6156 2 years ago

Im selling my Duff beer can flasher cover mod along with a Moe’s Tavern coaster. Easiest mod to install… pm if interested.

C001F094-7B4D-4487-BC53-181A905F3B9C (resized).jpegC001F094-7B4D-4487-BC53-181A905F3B9C (resized).jpeg

Added over 2 years ago:

Sold

#6157 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Quoted from drummermike:

It depends on your height, angle of stance and play, and the ramp bulb, can be right in ones eye.

It isnt the Kelvin, etc.

So the Incandescent is easier on the eyes, and in my taste, I put a colored Incandescent.

The only one in the game.

#6158 2 years ago

I put a few colored LEDs in the spots where I see the bulb. All frosted above the playfield.

#6159 2 years ago

I just put frosted 2SMD warm whites in my game and I agree that under the couch ramp it looked a little better with the old incandescent bulbs. They are somewhat more pleasant straight on because they are dimmer. But I am leaving the LEDs in because I know I will soon stop noticing, and I don't want to mess with those bulbs again.

#6160 2 years ago

Realized I overlooked a couple more bulbs in my LED swap and it isn't clear how to get to them... sorry for the dumb questions.

There is one bulb right under the TV. Do I remove the TV, or do it from under the mini pf?

How do I remove the nuke plant pop bumper covers? There's a mini post on top, not screws.

#6161 2 years ago
Quoted from horseflesh:

Realized I overlooked a couple more bulbs in my LED swap and it isn't clear how to get to them... sorry for the dumb questions.
There is one bulb right under the TV. Do I remove the TV, or do it from under the mini pf?
How do I remove the nuke plant pop bumper covers? There's a mini post on top, not screws.

Easiest to do the light under tv from removing the upper playfield

There is a rubber holding the pop bumper covers on. I wiggled the rubber off with needle nose players. Something with a hook end would probably work better. It’s not hard

#6162 2 years ago

Thanks @mattyk! Never thought about just yanking that rubber off the top.

#6163 2 years ago

Does anyone have pics of their TSPP powder coated other than yellow or candy apple green? Has anyone tried purple? Maybe green and yellow are the best colors.

#6164 2 years ago
D13006A3-56C8-4A2B-80A3-F3F06292B7C8 (resized).jpegD13006A3-56C8-4A2B-80A3-F3F06292B7C8 (resized).jpeg
#6165 2 years ago

Wow. Just had my best game ever. All first time achievements and all started on last ball. Some running concurrently so it was hard to tell what to do.

Alien invasion, daredevil mania, scratchy’s revenge. Also got to play mystery spot on ball 2. Score got up to 90 million compared to my typical games of less than 10 mil. Such a fun pin

#6166 2 years ago

Found these 2 brand new still clear-film wrapped plastic key chain plastics. $10 each shipped or $18 shipped for both. Anyone interested please PM me.

7A2775C1-18BF-4560-831E-D2B802580774 (resized).jpeg7A2775C1-18BF-4560-831E-D2B802580774 (resized).jpegF1D74F2B-390C-4854-B965-AFC677054F0B (resized).jpegF1D74F2B-390C-4854-B965-AFC677054F0B (resized).jpeg
#6167 2 years ago

I tried Titan low bounce silicone flipper rubber for the first time today... Gotta say, I like it. To me it feels a little deader than "broken in" real rubber but it still has enough bounce to do post passes and dead bounces. It's *definitely* easier to stay in control. This was especially obvious when catching a garage door rebound. Is this cheating? It feels like cheating!

With polyurethane Super-bands, sometimes if the ball has a little spin it seems to stick to the flipper a little... it can fire itself down the drain when you expect a dead bounce. With these silicone bands that didn't seem to be a problem. Ball friction feels a lot like natural rubber, which is good.

#6168 2 years ago
Quoted from horseflesh:

I tried Titan low bounce silicone flipper rubber for the first time today... Gotta say, I like it. To me it feels a little deader than "broken in" real rubber but it still has enough bounce to do post passes and dead bounces. It's *definitely* easier to stay in control. This was especially obvious when catching a garage door rebound. Is this cheating? It feels like cheating!
With polyurethane Super-bands, sometimes if the ball has a little spin it seems to stick to the flipper a little... it can fire itself down the drain when you expect a dead bounce. With these silicone bands that didn't seem to be a problem. Ball friction feels a lot like natural rubber, which is good.

Have to check them out...the one thing I don't like about Titan's is they bounce too much.

#6169 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Have to check them out...the one thing I don't like about Titan's is they bounce too much.

Agreed. especially near the outer drain lanes. The ball will keep bouncing until it drains

#6170 2 years ago

My Titan low-bounce rubbers replaced some brand new traditional rubber and the difference was dramatic. Try them if you get the chance. (I haven't tried their other silicone rings, just flippers.)

#6171 2 years ago

I originally bought a bunch of super-bands because of the colours and how easy they were to clean off but they are way too bouncy. I am loving the Titan flipper rubber though, coloured and more like the original black or red rubber.

#6172 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Does anyone have pics of their TSPP powder coated other than yellow or candy apple green? Has anyone tried purple? Maybe green and yellow are the best colors.

9958AF4D-A16E-48D7-9035-6EADC7104617 (resized).jpeg9958AF4D-A16E-48D7-9035-6EADC7104617 (resized).jpeg
#6173 2 years ago

#6174 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

I received mine as well
Left ramp and garage not installed yet.
If you have a DIY, let me know. Im confused.

Sorry for the delay; honestly only got to installing these about a month ago.

For the center ramp, I removed the upper pf, and I am pretty sure I had to remove most, if not all of the screws for the ramp, in order to slide the cliffy under it.

Removed the left ramp to get that one in and had to swap out a post for the one that came with the cliffy protector.

The pdf link someone posted in here was helpful for most of the protectors.

#6175 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I read that one of the features with the 5.0 code update was to stop the I/S eject from happening when the drop targets were still up.
Until yesterday I was running code 4.0 and NEVER had this issue.
I installed colordmd and in the process I updated my rom chips to 5.0 code and display. Now I seem to be having the drop target issue. Seems like if the lower target is up and the ball goes into I/S, it ejects it without dropping the target first.
Anyone else?

I actually have pretty much the same issue, but it’s extremely intermittent.

Quoted from cjchand:

I had a similar issue, including it going away for a while. Ultimately removed the mech and thoroughly cleaned it, as someone had apparently tried to lube it in the past.

How difficult was it to remove the mech and clean it. My next move because it still happens ever now and then.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6176 2 years ago
Quoted from MikefromCT:

I actually have pretty much the same issue, but it’s extremely intermittent.

Mine is intermittent as well

#6177 2 years ago

I’ve still got a lot of refining to do on this, but I’m making a cover for TV. Hope to mold and cast it out of resin to give it a more finished look.

A34286B6-EF70-4D87-9716-2CFA6423E37C (resized).jpegA34286B6-EF70-4D87-9716-2CFA6423E37C (resized).jpeg
#6179 2 years ago

Just got my new topper completed for my game!

20211223_122559 (resized).jpg20211223_122559 (resized).jpg
#6180 2 years ago

Not big enough.

#6181 2 years ago

Hey everyone! Got TSPP earlier this year. Love it and have done a bunch of mods. Something strange has come up lately. The ball launch started ejecting the ball very hard. Not sure where to start troubleshooting this issue. Anyone seen this before? I took a video and put on YouTube so you can see what I'm talking about.

#6182 2 years ago
Quoted from Johnbeatle:

Hey everyone! Got TSPP earlier this year. Love it and have done a bunch of mods. Something strange has come up lately. The ball launch started ejecting the ball very hard. Not sure where to start troubleshooting this issue. Anyone seen this before? I took a video and put on YouTube so you can see what I'm talking about.

I actually noticed that once I updated the code to 5.0

#6183 2 years ago

Does anyone have a donut shooting knob they’d like to sell?

#6184 2 years ago
Quoted from Johnbeatle:

Mine seems to be about the same... running on 5.0...I do seem to get a switch trigger when it hits the rail that I haven't hunted down yet...I get the "si" callout when it does this....

#6185 2 years ago
Quoted from 68Pontinut:

Just got my new topper completed for my game!
[quoted image]

Wow that's a great idea. I played the slot machine in Vegas this year. Really fun

#6186 2 years ago

Merry Christnas all, Doh!!!

#6187 2 years ago

I bought my TSPP in 2006 with 30 plays on it for $3500 bucks. Didn't need to call a repairman until 2014 I've probably played about every table there is, and this is still my favorite (along with my new Godzilla LE). It's so deep...and tough....that the challenge will always be there. I've gotten Pretzels, switched flippers (total blast), etc. but none of the really advanced wizard modes...yet anyway. I remember complaining about how a clean Krusty lane shot often resulted in a STDM....my Godzilla has about 3 of those lol. One of the best ever made and it'll remain bolted to the floor.

#6188 2 years ago

Starting to put back together my restoration project on this machine. First is the speaker panel

CFD288E8-6609-49A0-A0C2-6849B56FABFD (resized).jpegCFD288E8-6609-49A0-A0C2-6849B56FABFD (resized).jpeg
#6189 2 years ago

Hey everyone, my buddy just got a TSPP and I was helping shop it out. After five flipper rebuilds, rubber and some cleaning and minor repairs the game is playing as it should. But the sound goes out intermittently. Game still plays, and sound comes back on a reboot. Any ideas on where to start?

#6190 2 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

But the sound goes out intermittently. Game still plays, and sound comes back on a reboot. Any ideas on where to start?

This is pretty common on the Whitestar boards. There are a few that fix them. Or, you can add in a pinsound board.

#6191 2 years ago

Hi club.

I went to install a pinsound board this morning in my TSPP and I have a question. Which is the microprocessor I need to replace in the machine ?

My board looks different than the one in the video instructions ?

Thanks for the help.

Jim

822D41C0-2407-4E18-9FB9-F862D4DD5109 (resized).jpeg822D41C0-2407-4E18-9FB9-F862D4DD5109 (resized).jpeg
#6192 2 years ago

Pinsound support was ultra fast!

…… they just informed me I have the SEGA white star board set in my TSPP… and they have a video that shows the install.

Hope this helps someone.

#6193 2 years ago

Hey all,

First time posting here after reading the colordmd posts. I purchased my earlier this year and it looks like it is v4.0. the Colordmd site says that it needs 5.0 so it looks like i need to update. Just to confirm what I’ve read, a color dmd mod is a must and it looks like LCD is preferred over LED, correct?

I also ordered the pingraffix side blades, which just arrived. It seems slightly blurry but not sure if that’s expected. Any thoughts?

Also, how often do you normally clean and wax the playfield?

F8AB60DC-1803-472A-9D40-00F7CD1DD496 (resized).jpegF8AB60DC-1803-472A-9D40-00F7CD1DD496 (resized).jpeg
#6194 2 years ago

Pinsound install was successful!

Really easy to install the board and hook it up.
Drop the sound packages and firmware update on the usb flash drive, stick flash drive in the board, power on. the machine and it does the rest.

I have to say that the install process is really slick. It’s giving you voice updates of everything it’s doing along the way….playing some music while it’s working… very cool. Even the LEDs are doing this nice sweeping pattern while it’s doing it’s thing….

It’s great to hear so many more callouts in this game big shout out to Scandell and Babtiste. It had me lol playing the game.

So far it’s running on the stock speakers and it sounds pretty good…. But I don’t think it is using the sub in the cabinet ? I will say that be sure to put the back box together before judging sound…. Speakers laying flat against the playfield glass with no back glass… not the best. I would like to look at upgrading the speakers though to something that gives a bit more clarity…. They are 8ohm in there now, look pretty beefy.

Th pinsound board has audio out to go to a sub…. So I may need to do that. And I need to hook up the headphone adapter….

Nobody in my house cares about this but me…. But I’m excited!

#6195 2 years ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Hey all,
First time posting here after reading the colordmd posts. I purchased my earlier this year and it looks like it is v4.0. the Colordmd site says that it needs 5.0 so it looks like i need to update. Just to confirm what I’ve read, a color dmd mod is a must and it looks like LCD is preferred over LED, correct?
I also ordered the pingraffix side blades, which just arrived. It seems slightly blurry but not sure if that’s expected. Any thoughts?
Also, how often do you normally clean and wax the playfield?[quoted image]

I received a set of those side blades from pingrafix for Xmas and mine were also blurry. I said screw it and put them on, looks good other than the 2 areas I snagged when lowering my playfield. Oh well...

#6196 2 years ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Hey all,
Also, how often do you normally clean and wax the playfield?[quoted image]

Send those back. Blurry! Get some clean ones from another vendor.

#6197 2 years ago

I’m going to put some cotton balls on my smoke stacks tomorrow. Are you supposed to pinch the cotton between the rubber and smoke stack or do people glue them on?

#6198 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I’m going to put some cotton balls on my smoke stacks tomorrow. Are you supposed to pinch the cotton between the rubber and smoke stack or do people glue them on?

I just pinched mine between rubber and smoke stack, and then spread it out to hide the rubber and top of post. I also pulled them in one direction to look like the wind was blowing them the same way.

#6199 2 years ago

Are all TSPP on the clunky side? Compared to my other stern games, this one seems to be much louder. My lockbar does have some play, I'm wondering if I need some more weather stripping on it.

Cheers

#6200 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Are all TSPP on the clunky side? Compared to my other stern games, this one seems to be much louder. My lockbar does have some play, I'm wondering if I need some more weather stripping on it.
Cheers

I have 2 newer sterns and a new JJP. I find this pin to be beyond Clunky. I’m interested in a TWD my concern is the clunk. Definitely feels like an old machine. No offense TSPP owners. If it weren’t for my wife and kids this would be on the move. The least played pin in my lineup by far but fam friends love the theme.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 45.00
Playfield - Decals
Gotfrogs
Decals
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wappingers Falls, NY
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 16.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
7,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fallston, MD
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
There are 7,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/124?hl=norcalpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.