(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 146.
#6101 2 years ago

I'm having a difficult time finding a good site to purchase Cliffy Protectors. Specifically for the garage ramp and Itchy/Scratchy. Any help?

#6102 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I'm having a difficult time finding a good site to purchase Cliffy Protectors. Specifically for the garage ramp and Itchy/Scratchy. Any help?

Did you try Cliffy’s site?

http://www.passionforpinball.com/TSPP.htm

#6103 2 years ago

I did but couldn’t figure out how to order. I guess I have to email him direct. I tried most of the distributors but they were out of business or didn’t have the ones I wanted.

#6104 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I did but couldn’t figure out how to order. I guess I have to email him direct. I tried most of the distributors but they were out of business or didn’t have the ones I wanted.

Just email him directly and he'll get back to you soon enough. He's a one man operation as far as I can tell so it will be roughly a 3 week wait I'm guessing.

#6105 2 years ago

I just ordered from him. He'll reply quickly and send you a PayPal invoice. He told me it would be about 3 weeks to get me a TSPP set.

#6106 2 years ago

My playfield clear coat is done with a couple wrinkles thrown in
1. Had the Simpsons cars painted Hot Pink
2. Had all the ball trail fire painted red so the dots stand out more
I’m happy with it, going to be using the Donut decals and adding a bunch of pink donuts to the machine, stay tuned……

6DD693A0-863B-4640-8CE6-0088CE272D29 (resized).jpeg6DD693A0-863B-4640-8CE6-0088CE272D29 (resized).jpeg7284C0E1-C1B0-426E-8A2B-D616105BE9B6 (resized).jpeg7284C0E1-C1B0-426E-8A2B-D616105BE9B6 (resized).jpeg9F7F0666-9AED-4149-9DAF-4EF85BF5F52D (resized).jpeg9F7F0666-9AED-4149-9DAF-4EF85BF5F52D (resized).jpeg
#6107 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

My playfield clear coat is done with a couple wrinkles thrown in
1. Had the Simpsons cars painted Hot Pink
2. Had all the ball trail fire painted red so the dots stand out more
I’m happy with it, going to be using the Donut decals and adding a bunch of pink donuts to the machine, stay tuned……
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great, well done.

#6108 2 years ago

Good morning, I'm looking for the LEFT RAMP, someone could help me. Thank you

#6109 2 years ago

Im having an issue with the garage door always being open, I originally thought as it slammed shut it hit the switch which reopened it, when I swapped the switch this corrected it for a while but I’ve just noticed it’s always open again, in single coil test the door opens ok when you press run but should it auto close or stay open?
Mine stays open, wondering if someone could check?

#6110 2 years ago

Why you little!!!

Just joined the club with this beauty. Bought it from the original owner who had purchased it for his kids. Unfortunately they weren't "pinball" aficionados, so while it's in beautiful condition, it will need a deep clean.

1. Does anyone have an LED guide? Could every bulb be replaced with a bright white? Would it look good?

2. Any particular "must have" mods? I know I definitely want the Duff Beer mod...

3. There are several side blades available. Anyone better than the other? I like the finish that Stern has been using on their latest blades. It's more of a durable/user friendly material vs a vinyl decal. Are any of you using something like this?

Cheers

TSPP1 (resized).jpgTSPP1 (resized).jpg
#6111 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Does anyone have an LED guide? Could every bulb be replaced with a bright white? Would it look good?

There are as many opinions as there are bulbs in the world, but from what I have read and seen in pics, my plan is to replace every lamp with Comet 2SMD Frosted Warm White. That will look the most like the original incandescent, which is my preference. ("Sunlight" is a little cooler and their other white is the coolest. Curious about Sunlight but I know I hate cool white.) If I find I don't like how a particular spot looks I can address that with a different bulb.

#6112 2 years ago
Quoted from horseflesh:

There are as many opinions as there are bulbs in the world, but from what I have read and seen in pics, my plan is to replace every lamp with Comet 2SMD Frosted Warm White. That will look the most like the original incandescent, which is my preference. ("Sunlight" is a little cooler and their other white is the coolest. Curious about Sunlight but I know I hate cool white.) If I find I don't like how a particular spot looks I can address that with a different bulb.

Thx for your comment. Yep, I'm assuming the warm white will look pretty close to the original. I actually like the bright white and will go with that, but wondered if folks have added some hints of purple or blue. Any pics with such variations welcome!

#6113 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:Why you little!!!
Just joined the club with this beauty. Bought it from the original owner who had purchased it for his kids. Unfortunately they weren't "pinball" aficionados, so while it's in beautiful condition, it will need a deep clean.
1. Does anyone have an LED guide? Could every bulb be replaced with a bright white? Would it look good?
2. Any particular "must have" mods? I know I definitely want the Duff Beer mod...
3. There are several side blades available. Anyone better than the other? I like the finish that Stern has been using on their latest blades. It's more of a durable/user friendly material vs a vinyl decal. Are any of you using something like this?
Cheers
[quoted image]

Quoted from Norcalpin:

Why you little!!!
Cheers
[quoted image]

I think a pin2DMD or a colourdmd is a must
I like these blades as they match what’s going on on the playfield ebay.com link: Inside decals for Stern The Simpsons Pinball Party TSPP pinball machine

#6114 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Why you little!!!
Cheers
[quoted image]

Quoted from horseflesh:

I used Comet 2smd sunlight in my TSPP. I used a few colored where the white is too blinding. I think the sunlight is perfect in this pin.

#6115 2 years ago

Anyone can chime in about the Treehouse mod if it blocks the view to the upper playfield?

#6116 2 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Anyone can chime in about the Treehouse mod if it blocks the view to the upper playfield?

Tree house mod is a win IMO.

#6117 2 years ago

Little upgrade…

Decided to powdercoat (Sour Apple) Did the habitrails and monorail too. Legs will be here tomorrow.

5ADDE90E-BADF-47F8-AEDD-A0FFD132BA4F (resized).jpeg5ADDE90E-BADF-47F8-AEDD-A0FFD132BA4F (resized).jpeg8E7D3053-79C8-4603-8BCD-22B0AE672707 (resized).jpeg8E7D3053-79C8-4603-8BCD-22B0AE672707 (resized).jpegDA345AE2-367C-4C4C-BEDE-4BC06F62334C (resized).jpegDA345AE2-367C-4C4C-BEDE-4BC06F62334C (resized).jpeg
#6118 2 years ago

That powdercoat job is beautiful, wow.

#6119 2 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Doesn’t block the upper playfield at all on mine.

#6120 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Little upgrade…
Decided to powdercoat (Sour Apple) Did the habitrails and monorail too. Legs will be here tomorrow. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks awesome....who did that for u?

#6121 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Doesn’t block the upper playfield at all on mine.

My 10 yr-old-son used to complain about the blocked view. If you’re taller than 4’10”, you should be fine.

#6122 2 years ago
Quoted from horseflesh:

That powdercoat job is beautiful, wow.

Thank you!

Quoted from PtownPin:

That looks awesome....who did that for u?

Local guy. I got my last pin done by pinball refinery and he did a good job. But shipping to and from was more expensive then getting it done locally. Didn’t know this guy existed but I’m really pleased with the outcome. Almost went pink….

#6123 2 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Treehouse mod doesn't block at all. Blends in very well.

#6124 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

2. Any particular "must have" mods?
[quoted image]

Pinsound with the mix by Baptiste is the only must have mod I can’t live without.

#6125 2 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Pinsound with the mix by Baptiste is the only must have mod I can’t live without.

I second this! His soundmix is AMAZING!!!!!!

#6126 2 years ago

Hello, all! I’m a new TSPP owner, and have a couple issues that I’m hoping to find some wisdom about here!

1) Earlier tonight, after playing a few games and leaving TSPP turned on to just hang out in the other room in Attract Mode, I heard a couple “ding” kind of noises, and then eventually when my brother got back around to play another game maybe 30-60 minutes later, found the GI on, but the DMD off and nothing else on or responding. We power cycled the game, and still, nothing but the GI would turn on. I opened up the backbox, pulled out the batteries (yep, it’s still on batteries) to check them, and while they were out, out of curiosity to see what would happen (I’m fairly new to the battery era of games), I turned the game on again and it…all turned back on as normal. Incidentally, the batteries were all fine, so they’ve been put back in, and I don’t even know if that would’ve been a potential cause of that kind of problem, but certainly doesn’t seem to have been related here. Any insight or familiarity with what that kind of situation might mean, and what to check if (guessing “when”) it happens again? I’v left the game on again for a while now to see if it would happen again, and if so, to run to it to hopefully see an operator error or something obvious occurring when it made the “ding” noise, but it has been in Attract Mode just fine this time, as it always has been before, so no luck there tonight.

2) Occasionally (at least 50% of the time, I’d say), the TV will catch a ball as it should, release it as it should, but the coil buzzing continues and after a few seconds, an operator error #7 about the TV coil shows up on the DMD. The coil seems to fire and retract w/o issue, or at least w/o any issue that impacts gameplay, so curious to know if this is a familiar problem, as well, and what I might want to look into to resolve it.

Has anyone come across these issues before?

#6127 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Thank you!

Local guy. I got my last pin done by pinball refinery and he did a good job. But shipping to and from was more expensive then getting it done locally. Didn’t know this guy existed but I’m really pleased with the outcome. Almost went pink….

Turned out great....I wish I could find a local guy

#6128 2 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

1) Earlier tonight, after playing a few games and leaving TSPP turned on to just hang out in the other room in Attract Mode, I heard a couple “ding” kind of noises, [...]

Are these the same "ding" noises the game makes at power up? Maybe just multiple, instead of one?

It sounds like your game's software is crashing. Turning it off, letting it sit, and then turning it on is letting it reboot properly.

I've seen this when the +5V supply is a little crusty. Re-seat the +5V power connector as a short-term fix. My short-term fix has lasted several years, but the game is lightly played.

The game only takes power from the batteries when it's off, so removing them is no problem. (Change them with the power on, or better yet, replace with NVRAM. Replace batteries yearly.)

Quoted from zeldarioid:

2) Occasionally (at least 50% of the time, I’d say), the TV will catch a ball as it should, release it as it should, but the coil buzzing continues and after a few seconds, an operator error #7 about the TV coil shows up on the DMD. The coil seems to fire and retract w/o issue, or at least w/o any issue that impacts gameplay, so curious to know if this is a familiar problem, as well, and what I might want to look into to resolve it.

I'm guessing there's a dirty or failing switch associated with the TV. It might be that the switch is staying stuck closed. Switch test is really useful here. There are two; one tests switches changing state, the other reports all switches that are currently closed ("active").

Test it with a ball, not just a finger -- balls close switches differently.

#6129 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Turned out great....I wish I could find a local guy

Have you tried Maas in Livermore? I've heard very good things, but haven't used them.

#6130 2 years ago

Hello, all! I’m a new TSPP owner, and have a couple issues that I’m hoping to find some wisdom about here!
1) Earlier tonight, after playing a few games and leaving TSPP turned on to just hang out in the other room in Attract Mode, I heard a couple “ding” kind of noises, and then eventually when my brother got back around to play another game maybe 30-60 minutes later, found the GI on, but the DMD off and nothing else on or responding. We power cycled the game, and still, nothing but the GI would turn on. I opened up the backbox, pulled out the batteries (yep, it’s still on batteries) to check them, and while they were out, out of curiosity to see what would happen (I’m fairly new to the battery era of games), I turned the game on again and it…all turned back on as normal. Incidentally, the batteries were all fine, so they’ve been put back in, and I don’t even know if that would’ve been a potential cause of that kind of problem, but certainly doesn’t seem to have been related here. Any insight or familiarity with what that kind of situation might mean, and what to check if (guessing “when”) it happens again? I’v left the game on again for a while now to see if it would happen again, and if so, to run to it to hopefully see an operator error or something obvious occurring when it made the “ding” noise, but it has been in Attract Mode just fine this time, as it always has been before, so no luck there tonight.

I've had this happen as well when I was interrupted during a game and left the ball unplunged for a long period of time (maybe an hour?). I turned it off and then back on and it returned to normal play. I haven't seen it happen again even after trying to reproduce the issue. I'm only mentioning this because I've actually experienced the behavior and it seemed to be a one-off for me as well.

Check out this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-tv-release-makes-a-buzzing-sound-when-a-ball-enters

#6131 2 years ago
Quoted from ts4z:

Have you tried Maas in Livermore? I've heard very good things, but haven't used them.

I haven't but a local guy has with success....I've sent them several emails with no response so their either busy or not interested?

#6132 2 years ago

Just got done installing colordmd. Awesome!

What do you guys have for contrast and backlight settings? I am getting a slight greenish color where it should be yellow

UPDATE: I got it sorted out. I also installed a glare eliminator and I think that was causing some issues. I removed it and it looks much better

#6133 2 years ago

I actually think the pink looks pretty awesome...most do yellow or the green

#6134 2 years ago

Question… I have a bunch of lights out on the lower left side of my pin. Any idea where I can start trouble shooting that?

#6135 2 years ago

Hey guys,

TSPP is definitely a fun game to mod as I've seen pictures of all your beautiful machines, but what about gameplay? What is a general strategy to the game? Ways to complete said strategy?

#6136 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Hey guys,
TSPP is definitely a fun game to mod as I've seen pictures of all your beautiful machines, but what about gameplay? What is a general strategy to the game? Ways to complete said strategy?

I haven’t owned the game for very long, but my strategy has been to never let the timer run out

#6137 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Hey guys,

The core element of this game is stacking modes. You can stack the TV modes and even the mini-wizard modes. I would start with just trying to complete the TV modes and get to Alien Invasion, or by collecting all of the Otto doubles and play Springfield Mystery Spot--both of those will jump your score up quickly. Stacking Daredevil Mania to either of those will also likely complete that mini-wizard mode and tack on another 5m.

#6138 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Question… I have a bunch of lights out on the lower left side of my pin. Any idea where I can start trouble shooting that?

Fuse… fixed

#6139 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

The core element of this game is stacking modes. You can stack the TV modes and even the mini-wizard modes. I would start with just trying to complete the TV modes and get to Alien Invasion, or by collecting all of the Otto doubles and play Springfield Mystery Spot--both of those will jump your score up quickly. Stacking Daredevil Mania to either of those will also likely complete that mini-wizard mode and tack on another 5m.

Thanks for the tips

#6140 2 years ago

I read that one of the features with the 5.0 code update was to stop the I/S eject from happening when the drop targets were still up.

Until yesterday I was running code 4.0 and NEVER had this issue.

I installed colordmd and in the process I updated my rom chips to 5.0 code and display. Now I seem to be having the drop target issue. Seems like if the lower target is up and the ball goes into I/S, it ejects it without dropping the target first.

Anyone else?

#6141 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I read that one of the features with the 5.0 code update was to stop the I/S eject from happening when the drop targets were still up.
Until yesterday I was running code 4.0 and NEVER had this issue.
I installed colordmd and in the process I updated my rom chips to 5.0 code and display. Now I seem to be having the drop target issue. Seems like if the lower target is up and the ball goes into I/S, it ejects it without dropping the target first.
Anyone else?

It should drop first...check your switches in switch test to see if they're registering?

#6142 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I haven't but a local guy has with success....I've sent them several emails with no response so their either busy or not interested?

I've heard they had problems during the worst of the pandemic. Worth trying again. I've seen some of their work on pinball parts and it was great.

#6143 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

It should drop first...check your switches in switch test to see if they're registering?

I checked the switches and all register in test mode. I can also test the drop targets to drop and reset. Everything seems to work great.

I took the glass off, turned on the game and played. It all seemed to work as it should. Weird. I’ll keep an eye on this. Strange how I never ran into this issue until updating to 5.0. Fingers crossed something was just binding up and now it’s all good

#6144 2 years ago

i had the same issue and it was a blown fuse.

that fuse blow again.... where do i start for troubleshoot?

ALSO,

i need to buy a new itchy with axe, other than marcos whos selling it for 43$, is there somewhere else cheaper?

#6145 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

ALSO,
i need to buy a new itchy with axe, other than marcos whos selling it for 43$, is there somewhere else cheaper?

Check "World of Springfield" on eBay.

#6146 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

ALSO,

This is my second time with the same fuse. The ones I’m replacing it with don’t look anything like the original ones. Not sure if that’s the issue. My fuse is a thin wire compared to what looks to be a ceramic coated fuse. (Im sure it’s not ceramic).

#6147 2 years ago

I've nearly finished an LED swap but this GI bulb in the back by the Homer head looks like a PITA. It looks like you need to remove the mini pf and the right ramp to get to it.

Underneath, the socket is partially under a coil bracket. If you pried up the stapled socket leads, you MIGHT be able to get the socket out... has anyone tried that? Even if you have to loosen the bracket to wiggle the socket out that would have to be easier than doing it from the top.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6148 2 years ago
Quoted from horseflesh:

I've nearly finished an LED swap but this GI bulb in the back by the Homer head looks like a PITA. It looks like you need to remove the mini pf and the right ramp to get to it.
Underneath, the socket is partially under a coil bracket. If you pried up the stapled socket leads, you MIGHT be able to get the socket out... has anyone tried that? Even if you have to loosen the bracket to wiggle the socket out that would have to be easier than doing it from the top. [quoted image][quoted image]

I was able to change that from above playfield. Remove the upper playfield and use a piece of tubing to twist out the old bulb and install the led. I bought the “bulb remover” from Comet but you can get it at at Home Depot and cut to length. I don’t remember the size tube. Maybe 1/2”?

#6149 2 years ago

Upper playfield is easy to remove. I also did it from the top.

#6150 2 years ago

Thanks guys, I'll give it a shot that way. Have to take the upper pf off one more time anyway to get the bulb under the TV that I missed the first time. I have a bunch of brewing tubing, might have the right size "bulb remover" around already.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Springfield, MO
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 218.00
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.