(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 146.
#5951 2 years ago

I modified a BBH Saucer Mod and changed out for my Aliens.
I used a heat bent clear sling plastic and existing flasher screw/assembly.
A Comet Matrix 8 SMD, Flashes Red, inside the Beam. Im pleased.
Goes well with Comet Sunlight! So Glad I made those!
20210910_114256 (resized).jpg20210910_114256 (resized).jpg

#5952 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

So further info, and I think this gives me a lead to the defect : the display now exhibits a constant behavior, at launch I get 'missing 53 balls', then a score is displayed and display is stuck
The displayed score is 101,010,101
This awfully looks like that the data bus is stuck
we had this issue a few weeks ago, and replacing the ribbon cable between cpu board and DMD controller resolved it, only for it to appears again. Replacing the cable again, and voilà the issue is gone. But for how long.
I'm suspecting bad soldering either in the buffer driving the DMD signal, or at the connector

Agree with your theory. Seems like a bad connector or solder issue if the new cable has a similar issue. My guess is that if it reappears you might get the same "temporary" fix by just re-seating the cable. That probably somehow pushes the solder back on a temporary basis.

#5953 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I modified a BBH Saucer Mod and changed out for my Aliens.
I used a heat bent clear sling plastic and existing flasher screw/assembly.
A Comet Matrix 8 SMD, Flashes Red, inside the Beam. Im pleased.
Goes well with Comet Sunlight! So Glad I made those!
[quoted image]

These pop bumpers might be my favorite in all of pinball. GOAT.

#5954 2 years ago

Hi I’m looking to join the club if anyone is looking to sell their game. Massachusetts area

#5955 2 years ago

Love my TSPP! Just got it a month ago. The out lanes though. Especially the left out lane. Reminds me of playing PinBot, maybe I'm just not a good player.

#5956 2 years ago
Quoted from bigjimm64:

Love my TSPP! Just got it a month ago. The out lanes though. Especially the left out lane. Reminds me of playing PinBot, maybe I'm just not a good player.

Keep practicing! You'll find the right spot on the flipper.

#5957 2 years ago
Quoted from Moli410:

Keep practicing! You'll find the right spot on the flipper.

That left outlane is a bit of a torture. the way the guiderail is slanted to make an un-deadend catch just flow right up and out.
I still get caught on that every once in a while but really you have to learn how to drop-catch on the left hand side, or at least slow the roll a bit in order to save the ball! keep trying!

#5958 2 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

That left outlane is a bit of a torture. the way the guiderail is slanted to make an un-deadend catch just flow right up and out.
I still get caught on that every once in a while but really you have to learn how to drop-catch on the left hand side, or at least slow the roll a bit in order to save the ball! keep trying!

The left outline seems greedy, but a vast majority of my drains are down the middle. I pull drain audits periodically, because I’m a data nerd.

3B800BBF-5FB6-4FF5-8F76-38F0ACA6B58C.jpeg3B800BBF-5FB6-4FF5-8F76-38F0ACA6B58C.jpeg
#5959 2 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

The left outline seems greedy, but a vast majority of my drains are down the middle. I pull drain audits periodically, because I’m a data nerd.
[quoted image]

I always think it is interesting to peek at the drain stats when available because it "feels" emotionally like certain things happen "too often" in pinball but then you realize it may (or may not) be the case.

#5960 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I always think it is interesting to peek at the drain stats when available because it "feels" emotionally like certain things happen "too often" in pinball but then you realize it may (or may not) be the case.

My tspp doesn’t have any “unfair” draining.
What kind of shots lead to straight down the middle? Besides a garage mis-aim?

#5961 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

My tspp doesn’t have any “unfair” draining.
What kind of shots lead to straight down the middle? Besides a garage mis-aim?

I was talking of pinball and statistics in general.

#5962 2 years ago

are changing regular bulbs to LED recommended by you guys? Or does it not make that big of a difference?, ive seen the photos but wanted to know opinion if it was worth it or not
Thanks

#5963 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

are changing regular bulbs to LED recommended by you guys? Or does it not make that big of a difference?, ive seen the photos but wanted to know opinion if it was worth it or not
Thanks

From a technical standpoint LEDs use less power and generate less heat which is better for the machine long term. They also don't have to be replaced as often.

Ascetically it is up to you but if you want a more "incandescent" look go for 1SMD warm bulbs, if you want it brighter go up to 2SMD. I also think cool bulbs would look fine in Simpsons.

IMHO I would avoid colored LEDs, they really don't add much under colored inserts and using them in GIs is generally to be avoided.

#5964 2 years ago

This game looks phenomenal when it’s decked out in cool white LED’s

#5965 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks

It makes a lot of difference (brighter) but keep in mind they operate differently and in this game you will lose the fade effects across the playfield unless you also use an LED OCD board. If you search (within this thread) you will find many people discussing it. I would not recommend putting LEDs in this game unless you are willing to do the LED OCD board. [matter of personal preference and opinion so your mileage may vary]

With the OCD board you will get LEDs that are nice and bright but they act like the incandesent bulbs (they fade in and out as intended in the game - you also don't get any ghosting without having to buy non-ghosting LEDs). The strobe / flicker effect that you get with LED games that SOME people's eyes notice is also eliminated.

I used cool white LEDs in all my inserts and I used warm/sunlight LEDs on the GI bulbs on top of the playfield. This keeps the game looking more original with the warm colors exposed on the top of the playfield.

#5966 2 years ago

I highly recommend LED but also second the call for installing LED OCD. Considering many of the inserts use multiple effects to indicate modes (flash, fade, solid), I would think the OCD board would then be a necessity. Doing fade up and down with an LED looks awful.

I mean sure you can use non-ghosting but that turns into a large expenditure, and the OCD board is also slightly programmable.

#5967 2 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

I highly recommend LED but also second the call for installing LED OCD. Considering many of the inserts use multiple effects to indicate modes (flash, fade, solid), I would think the OCD board would then be a necessity. Doing fade up and down with an LED looks awful.
I mean sure you can use non-ghosting but that turns into a large expenditure, and the OCD board is also slightly programmable.

Will throw in a 3rd recommendation for LEDOCD. Put it off for a long time, but the difference is night and day on this pin.

#5968 2 years ago

The beauty of TSPP: I had been playing really poorly for three straight days and I was getting pretty frustrated with the machine. I decided to play one last game and then shut it off for the night. The first half of the game was going pretty poorly, then I managed to start a new TV mode and also complete Homer's Day by shooting the couch -- which happened to be the last ball needed to start couch multiball. Then I started Itchy and Scratchy multiball, so I had four balls in play while shooting victory shots. I ended up with 56 million and change, my new Grand Champion score. I've only had the machine a couple weeks and I still haven't even seen Alien Invasion and Mystery Spot. This is definitely one of the best machines I've ever owned.

#5969 2 years ago
Quoted from BRW84:

The beauty of TSPP: I had been playing really poorly for three straight days and I was getting pretty frustrated with the machine. I decided to play one last game and then shut it off for the night. The first half of the game was going pretty poorly, then I managed to start a new TV mode and also complete Homer's Day by shooting the couch -- which happened to be the last ball needed to start couch multiball. Then I started Itchy and Scratchy multiball, so I had four balls in play while shooting victory shots. I ended up with 56 million and change, my new Grand Champion score. I've only had the machine a couple weeks and I still haven't even seen Alien Invasion and Mystery Spot. This is definitely one of the best machines I've ever owned.

Keep slugging away! I've found that clock management and Krusty loop shot are the keys for me. use Otto to continually reset the timer, and use Krusty to light TV mode....then go for the TV over and over. I had 5 modes running at once the other day. that's when you want to start a multiball!

#5970 2 years ago

It's amazing that this game is on Whitestar, to me. I mean I have South Park, and I just sold Striker Xtreme a few weeks ago. And while they are good games, the depth, music, and callouts feel like they are 3 times larger than both of those games. Sitting next to TSPP is World Poker Tour, which has a deep rule set, running on SAM boards, but it might not be as deep as TSPP.

Either way, impressive game.

#5971 2 years ago

the sound quality seems to be better than the average whitestar as well. I dont notice the typical muffled digitized nature of the sound samples to the same degree that I do with the Sopranos table I have sitting right next to it, though their sound circuitry isnt exactly the same it still seems an apt comparison.

I remember hearing in an interview at some point that Kieth had done work on the sound compression for whitestar for this game? Maybe that has something to do with it.

#5972 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

the sound quality seems to be better than the average whitestar as well. I dont notice the typical muffled digitized nature of the sound samples to the same degree that I do with the Sopranos table I have sitting right next to it, though their sound circuitry isnt exactly the same it still seems an apt comparison.
I remember hearing in an interview at some point that Kieth had done work on the sound compression for whitestar for this game? Maybe that has something to do with it.

#5973 2 years ago

anyone using these target cushions? how do you like them? is it affecting a lot the game play?

ebay.com link: itm

#5974 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

anyone using these target cushions? how do you like them? is it affecting a lot the game play?
ebay.com link: itm

I've used the vendor, and an earlier design.
Put them on when the game was a year old. No issues other than learning to nick the vinyl peel off layer with a sharp exacto.

I have purchased around 20 different sets over the years.

#5975 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I've used the vendor, and an earlier design.
Put them on when the game was a year old. No issues other than learning to nick the vinyl peel off layer with a sharp exacto.
I have purchased around 20 different sets over the years.

so it didnt affect gameplay?

you cant just pull with fingers?

#5976 2 years ago

Did it affect game play?

Well yes, of course the ball bounces differently off a cushioned target, then plastic, and it sticks out a little so, it affects it in those ways.
I guess it depends whether you are a player that is very focused for tournaments, points, argues over angles...dont use target decals.
They serve to make the game look better, and nothing more, other than wear protection, but in home use.....

Can you peel off the backing with your fingers?

Yes, sometimes. I cant speak for the material in this specific batch, or even the heat in an airplane when mailed.
Nor can I account for the length of your finger nails, or manual dexterity.
Sometimes, you need to nick, with a sharp blade. Sometimes when you dont, you peel the print layer from the adhesive.

#5977 2 years ago

With the OCD board you will get LEDs that are nice and bright but they act like the incandesent bulbs (they fade in and out as intended in the game - you also don't get any ghosting without having to buy non-ghosting LEDs). The strobe / flicker effect that you get with LED games that SOME people's eyes notice is also eliminated.

What is this OCD board you speak of? I am totally interested in this. Where could I find one? I had changed all my bulbs to LED's as soon as i got the game a long time ago, but never really paid attention to the points you bring up.

#5978 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

What is this OCD board you speak of? I am totally interested in this. Where could I find one? I had changed all my bulbs to LED's as soon as i got the game a long time ago, but never really paid attention to the points you bring up.

http://ledocd.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=2

#5980 2 years ago

Delivered last night. Formerly routed but well taken care of. One pin stadium light out and wear around flipper buttons and start button (as usual). Other than that, loving it!

I like deep ruleset games. This along with my WPT seem well matched because of this.

#5981 2 years ago

I have never seen or played Family Guy and have heard it mentioned before that it wasn't that good. Might have been South Park or both haha. I don't remember.

Anyways, I thought here would be a good place to ask.

Thanks

#5982 2 years ago

NVRAM question. Maybe a dumb one. I install the NVRAM with the game off right?

Game off
Take out batteries
Install nvram
Anything else? Is a factory restore needed?

TIA

#5983 2 years ago

Hi guys! Sometimes i make video tutorials about rules on pinballs, today i finished first part of tutorial for TSPP. It's basically made for Russian audience, but you can turn on english subtitles. If you lazy to explain rules to your friend, show him this video Also i finished few other pinball tutorials, you can find them on YT channel.

#5984 2 years ago

Does anyone else find it to be true that ball times vary insanely?

Out of all my games it seems no other can I have one ball achieve so much, than the succeeding 2 or 3 or even 4 balls achieve little to nothing.

#5985 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

NVRAM question. Maybe a dumb one. I install the NVRAM with the game off right?
Game off
Take out batteries
Install nvram
Anything else? Is a factory restore needed?
TIA

Yes game off - otherwise you are guaranteed to short something out.

You will lose all your settings by doing this - but you will never lose settings again so it is for a good cause. Game will be factor reset when you do this. Set it to free play and enjoy!

#5986 2 years ago

Yes game off - otherwise you are guaranteed to short something out.
You will lose all your settings by doing this - but you will never lose settings again so it is for a good cause. Game will be factor reset when you do this. Set it to free play and enjoy!

Thanks!

#5987 2 years ago

Just realised you can play team modes with the scoring. It just totals up players 1 and 3 Team 1
And then players 2 and 4 as Team 2

As I never really play with too many others around and lockdowns.

Both flipper buttons pushed I then pushed start.

05A8D4E1-1F4C-4E8E-830B-321B9D28D4BC (resized).jpeg05A8D4E1-1F4C-4E8E-830B-321B9D28D4BC (resized).jpegFB773901-496F-40DB-B0F7-0CB22E4B626A (resized).jpegFB773901-496F-40DB-B0F7-0CB22E4B626A (resized).jpeg
#5988 2 years ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

Just realised you can play team modes with the scoring. It just totals up players 1 and 3 Team 1
Both flipper buttons pushed I then pushed start. [quoted image][quoted image]

Cool! So you need to push both flipper buttons before start or will the game do it automatically when there are 4 players?

#5989 2 years ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

Both flipper buttons pushed I then pushed start. [quoted image][quoted image]

Wait a darn minute here... If you were holding both flipper buttons, what did you push the start button with?

#5990 2 years ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

Wait a darn minute here... If you were holding both flipper buttons, what did you push the start button with?

Homers, "Du-Oh!"

#5991 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Cool! So you need to push both flipper buttons before start or will the game do it automatically when there are 4 players?

Yeah both flipper buttons and start.
Didnt try to see if it done it automatically.

#5992 2 years ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

#5993 2 years ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

Yeah both flipper buttons and start.
Didnt try to see if it done it automatically.

I believe you have to have competition mode turned on in the adjustments menu. It happens automatically when 4 players are selected for me.

#5994 2 years ago

I finally got one!! Cabinet is perfect. Can’t wait to play it

32AAE49C-F835-41EE-B5AD-171CFA33682A (resized).jpeg32AAE49C-F835-41EE-B5AD-171CFA33682A (resized).jpeg
#5995 2 years ago

So I cleaned it up, added some Leds in the GI and put a couple of pieces of printer paper around the fluorescent light. This made a huge difference and I get hardly any glare.

I have 2 questions

1. How do I get homers head off to change the flasher? I took the rubber off the top but wasn’t sure if the head should come right up. Seemed to be a tight fit.

2. There is a plastic clip on the hot dog plastic left of the garage where I guess the Apu shot is. Am I missing something? See pic

C0DC0758-827D-4F52-A9B9-E1D3E852C649 (resized).jpegC0DC0758-827D-4F52-A9B9-E1D3E852C649 (resized).jpeg

#5996 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

1. How do I get homers head off to change the flasher? I took the rubber off the top but wasn’t sure if the head should come right up. Seemed to be a tight fit.

It can be tight, I think from memory mine was the first time i removed it.
Once you remove the top rubber just give it a little twist left to right as your pulling up on it, may need a good pull up but don't go silly.

Quoted from Mattyk:

2. There is a plastic clip on the hot dog plastic left of the garage where I guess the Apu shot is. Am I missing something? See pic

As far as I know it is there for nothing?
Mine has nothing in it, just the clip and I thought it was strange too.

Have fun, it's a great machine.

Matt.

#5997 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

So I cleaned it up, added some Leds in the GI and put a couple of pieces of printer paper around the fluorescent light. This made a huge difference and I get hardly any glare.
I have 2 questions
[quoted image]

Enjoy. Such an amazing machine. Welcome to the club.

#5998 2 years ago

Just added an OLD led kit. Wow what a difference to the light show. So much better.
I have a manual but I have a light issue. Can someone take a pic of there J12 connector. I think I am missing a wire but can’t seem to find a loose or broken one anywhere. I know there is one slot with no wire but I seem to have 2 slots and my upper playfield light all stay on.
My machine was pretty rough when I got it so the wiring colour stripes have all faded or almost gone. So it’s hard to tell which goes where.
Any help much appreciated.
Thanks

#5999 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I have 2 questions
[quoted image]

Homer head is really tight. I thought mine was going to break. It did not. I put in a LED flasher.

The clip is probably to stop a ball trap. Mine has the clip also.

#6000 2 years ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

Just added an OLD led kit. Wow what a difference to the light show. So much better.
I have a manual but I have a light issue. Can someone take a pic of there J12 connector. I think I am missing a wire but can’t seem to find a loose or broken one anywhere. I know there is one slot with no wire but I seem to have 2 slots and my upper playfield light all stay on.
My machine was pretty rough when I got it so the wiring colour stripes have all faded or almost gone. So it’s hard to tell which goes where.
Any help much appreciated.
Thanks

i need to install my ocd as well. but the pinsound card is in the way. i need to remove it and relocate .... grrrr

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

£ 70.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 45.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/120 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.