(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 146.
#5901 2 years ago
Quoted from MikefromCT:

Taken this thing apart a couple times now this past week. Cleaned, waxed, fresh bulbs, new titan rubbers all around, and new color dmd. Nvram also installed, and upgraded to v5. One thing I noticed that I thought was addressed in the update rom, a couple times, the top itchy and scratchy drop down has remained up a couple times before ejecting. It tried to lower it (heard it try to at least) but it remained up. Pretty concerning.
Full set of cliffys ordered a couple weeks ago. Will pull this thing apart again once those arrive.
Love playing this machine so much.
[quoted image]

I had a similar issue, including it going away for a while. Ultimately removed the mech and thoroughly cleaned it, as someone had apparently tried to lube it in the past.

#5902 2 years ago

Question on rules, when starting a mode, you have 30 seconds to either finish, or get it into the otto saucer to restart the clock correct, or start another mode? I had situations where when attempting to reset via otto, the clock continues to run down? What am I missing here

#5903 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Question on rules, when starting a mode, you have 30 seconds to either finish, or get it into the otto saucer to restart the clock correct, or start another mode? I had situations where when attempting to reset via otto, the clock continues to run down? What am I missing here

Otto doesn’t start any modes, at least not a tv mode. More time is added to modes by hitting the stand up by the pop bumpers.

#5904 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Otto doesn’t start any modes, at least not a tv mode. More time is added to modes by hitting the stand up by the pop bumpers.

Doesn't start the mode, but it restarts the timer for the mode you're in..

#5905 2 years ago

Need advice: my machine has significant wear around the flipper buttons. Obviously, there are lollipop rails I can use to cover them up. I'm not opposed to it, but it's not my favorite look.

Problem is, the worst wear is -- for some reason -- around the Start button.

So, my question is: has anyone found clever ways to cover up wear around a Start button? Or, what is everyone's thoughts on simply re-skinning it with a decal? I know original artwork raises value, but what would be the trade off between that vs. wear? Thanks!

#5906 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Otto has to be lit (ha ha) in order to collect. The left tower has a lite Otto switch that lights "Otto's Bus Tours."

Now collecting Otto should get you the timer reset.

#5907 2 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Otto has to be lit (ha ha) in order to collect. The left tower has a lite Otto switch that lights "Otto's Bus Tours."
Now collecting Otto should get you the timer reset.

thanks...I'll look out for that next time around...

#5908 2 years ago
Quoted from clrobertson:

I know original artwork raises value, but what would be the trade off between that vs. wear

Original artwork may keep the value higher, but cabinet decals (when done right) are always going to give the machine more value than a machine with wear on the cabinet. I wouldn't even mess with it, unless it really bothers you and you need it to look really nice. Having a cosmetically nice machine is really great, but as long as it plays well, you will not even be thinking about the cabinet while you are playing it.

#5909 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Original artwork may keep the value higher, but cabinet decals (when done right) are always going to give the machine more value than a machine with wear on the cabinet. I wouldn't even mess with it, unless it really bothers you and you need it to look really nice. Having a cosmetically nice machine is really great, but as long as it plays well, you will not even be thinking about the cabinet while you are playing it.

Thanks for the response. It doesn’t really brother me. In a way, it’s kind of nice in how it shows it’s a well-loved machine. Was just wondering what others’ thoughts were on wear vs decal.

Will probably leave the art alone (I do like the more faded look than the brighter decals — too much noise for me), and put lollipop rails on it and find a solution for the Start button area. Thanks!

#5910 2 years ago

I don’t necessarily think having original artwork in great condition raises the value of the machine at all from my experience. I’d say get a new decal set if it bothers you and then if you don’t want the lollipops on the side you don’t have to either

#5911 2 years ago

Hey all! Philadelphia homes have very small doorways so I recently had to disconnect and reconnect the head for a move. I'd done this once before with no problems but am having an issue:

Everything plays correctly but the TV/Timer doesn't display anything. I checked all the connections in the head and everything seemed fine except for two things:

1. I have a cable that's not hooked up to anything. I can't find an empty connector on any of the boards but this seems like it can't be right.
2. There's a connector with a single pink wire that came out while moving. I re-crimped, but am wondering if that might be the culprit and I should try crimping again.

Appreciate any ideas on where to go from here!

NoConnection (resized).jpegNoConnection (resized).jpegPinkCable (resized).jpegPinkCable (resized).jpeg
#5912 2 years ago

The pink one seems right.

0825211216_HDR (resized).jpg0825211216_HDR (resized).jpg

I couldn't find that other one anywhere on my boards. I did find this unused connector behind the lamp but it is larger than yours.

0825211219 (resized).jpg0825211219 (resized).jpg

My machine is a HUO (sorry for the humble brag) but it is unmolested so should be a good reference.

0825211220_HDR (resized).jpg0825211220_HDR (resized).jpg

#5913 2 years ago
Quoted from SpiffyRob:

Hey all! Philadelphia homes have very small doorways so I recently had to disconnect and reconnect the head for a move. I'd done this once before with no problems but am having an issue:
Everything plays correctly but the TV/Timer doesn't display anything. I checked all the connections in the head and everything seemed fine except for two

The TV connects to the harness under/behind the playfield.

#5914 2 years ago

is there rear moe's decal available somewhere to install on the right rear side?

i saw the moe mod but its a little pricy for my taste at +- 175$.

thanks

#5915 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

is there rear moe's decal available somewhere to install on the right rear side?
i saw the moe mod but its a little pricy for my taste at +- 175$.
thanks

...you can try to find moe's bar on Ebay.

ebay.com link: itm

#5917 2 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

...you can try to find moe's bar on Ebay.
ebay.com link: itm

thank you! do you know if its bolt-on? or it needs some trimming?

#5918 2 years ago

Fits right in with just a bit of trimming on the right where the block is

#5919 2 years ago
Quoted from cartert:

Fits right in with just a bit of trimming on the right where the block is

you put glue under or 3m double-face tape? or just leave it there with nothing?

#5920 2 years ago

Mine has nothing holding it in. I don’t normally do a bunch mods even though I have a 3-D printer and have access to high-quality printers.

#5921 2 years ago

im looking to but a donut shooter rod. If you have one you'd sell - please message me,

thx
pete

#5922 2 years ago
Quoted from petebest:

im looking to but a donut shooter rod. If you have one you'd sell - please message me,
thx
pete

The pink one is nla but another vender sells something similar which i purchased.

#5923 2 years ago

Woo thanks Cliffy ! Cant wait to get these installed!

91618525-C88B-419B-A8C5-E41D10EB77C7 (resized).jpeg91618525-C88B-419B-A8C5-E41D10EB77C7 (resized).jpeg

#5924 2 years ago
Quoted from MikefromCT:

Woo thanks Cliffy ! Cant wait to get these installed!
[quoted image]

I received mine as well

Left ramp and garage not installed yet.

If you have a DIY, let me know. Im confused.

#5925 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

I received mine as well
Left ramp and garage not installed yet.
If you have a DIY, let me know. Im confused.

Have you already seen this PDF? It may help.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/TSPP/Installing%20Cliffys%20TSPP%20Ramp%20Protectors.pdf

#5926 2 years ago

Just joined the club today after picking up this beauty. I’m going to spend my weekend cleaning this one up and converting it to LED.

5C5CA4D3-2091-4503-B50A-F70AB756E17B (resized).jpeg5C5CA4D3-2091-4503-B50A-F70AB756E17B (resized).jpeg6F7C4F23-C59C-4978-8E42-90A20AA77539 (resized).jpeg6F7C4F23-C59C-4978-8E42-90A20AA77539 (resized).jpegCF3485CF-4BA8-459B-BB1D-29F75A68EEFA (resized).jpegCF3485CF-4BA8-459B-BB1D-29F75A68EEFA (resized).jpeg
#5927 2 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Just joined the club today after picking up this beauty. I’m going to spend my weekend cleaning this one up and converting it to LED.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I put in Comet sunlight. Frosted up top and clear under playfield. I put a couple of frosted green where you can see the bulb.

#5928 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I put in Comet sunlight. Frosted up top and clear under playfield. I put a couple of frosted green where you can see the bulb.

Can you post a photo of what it looks like with sunlight comet LEDs?

#5929 2 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Can you post a photo of what it looks like with sunlight comet LEDs?

Hi GeekedOnPinball

I am using Sunlight in my TSPP. I really like it.

E0F25E86-73B7-4239-BFD3-66A6FF245D7E (resized).jpegE0F25E86-73B7-4239-BFD3-66A6FF245D7E (resized).jpeg

#5930 2 years ago

Sunlight here as well

0FAC9398-2D10-436C-8815-CC50AEA2407E (resized).jpeg0FAC9398-2D10-436C-8815-CC50AEA2407E (resized).jpeg8903500D-9484-48D0-BCCB-81693C5D69A7 (resized).jpeg8903500D-9484-48D0-BCCB-81693C5D69A7 (resized).jpeg93C02A6C-F9E1-4151-A564-F498EB1DBC79 (resized).jpeg93C02A6C-F9E1-4151-A564-F498EB1DBC79 (resized).jpeg
#5931 2 years ago

I put a few green in where the white is too bright.

20210907_100426 (resized).jpg20210907_100426 (resized).jpg20210907_100558 (resized).jpg20210907_100558 (resized).jpg
#5932 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I put a few green in where the white is too bright.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ah...I might just do that too...that one under the couch ramp goes straight to my eyeball

#5933 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Ah...I might just do that too...that one under the couch ramp goes straight to my eyeball

I used a frosted white in that spot as well as a few others... But, I like white in the GI rather than color matching
Still love this game after all these years!

#5934 2 years ago
Quoted from clrobertson:

Thanks for the response. It doesn’t really brother me. In a way, it’s kind of nice in how it shows it’s a well-loved machine. Was just wondering what others’ thoughts were on wear vs decal.
Will probably leave the art alone (I do like the more faded look than the brighter decals — too much noise for me), and put lollipop rails on it and find a solution for the Start button area. Thanks!

Word of caution: decals aren’t the easiest thing to do WELL. I’ve seen a number of poorly done decal jobs that are coming off or otherwise applied poorly. Don’t trade faded original for a poor decal job. Some people are very good at decals but most just THINK they are good at them. To do it correctly requires a lot of work and I don’t think you’ll get the bang for your buck/time.

Just my opinion of course.

#5935 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Word of caution: decals aren’t the easiest thing to do WELL. I’ve seen a number of poorly done decal jobs that are coming off or otherwise applied poorly. Don’t trade faded original for a poor decal job. Some people are very good at decals but most just THINK they are good at them. To do it correctly requires a lot of work and I don’t think you’ll get the bang for your buck/time.
Just my opinion of course.

Thanks for this. I've had the machine now for about a week, and I've decided against the decals. I've actually come to kind of love the "used" look of it. It's in great condition, just some wear where you would expect. It makes me feel like I have a collectible game, rather than something NIB. Thanks!

#5936 2 years ago

I just joined the club last night! This game is incredible. One question: while I was playing last night, I had two balls locked on the couch and started Itchy and Scratchy multiball. At some point, I did something and managed to start couch multiball without locking another ball on the couch. Is that possible in-game, or do I have a couch switch that needs adjusting?

A752F35D-6BA1-48BC-8FCA-16788791BC08 (resized).jpegA752F35D-6BA1-48BC-8FCA-16788791BC08 (resized).jpeg
#5937 2 years ago
Quoted from BRW84:

I just joined the club last night! This game is incredible. One question: while I was playing last night, I had two balls locked on the couch and started Itchy and Scratchy multiball. At some point, I did something and managed to start couch multiball without locking another ball on the couch. Is that possible in-game, or do I have a couch switch that needs adjusting?
[quoted image]

Maybe the Mystery Award, which you get by making the garage shot, awarded a lock?

Congrats on the game! Love mine.

#5938 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Maybe the Mystery Award, which you get by making the garage shot, awarded a lock?
Congrats on the game! Love mine.

Ah, that would make sense! And thank you! I can already tell I might as well bolt this one to the floor.

#5939 2 years ago

Nice looking Donkey Kong, also.

Congratulations!

#5940 2 years ago
Quoted from BRW84:

[quoted image]

As stated by another pinsider you can get a lock via a mystery award but I didn't realize that you could actually commence the couch multiball without the final ball hitting the spot on the couch. Maybe someone else can confirm whether the "final lock" can be awarded or whether you always have to earn it.

#5941 2 years ago

As stated by another pinsider you can get a lock via a mystery award but I didn't realize that you could actually commence the couch multiball without the final ball hitting the spot on the couch. Maybe someone else can confirm whether the "final lock" can be awarded or whether you always have to earn it.

I've never seen it, but he did say he started itchy multiball first. Maybe that's the difference

#5942 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

I've never seen it, but he did say he started itchy multiball first. Maybe that's the difference

I’ve never seen it his either

#5943 2 years ago

I think I had a glitch, either switch or software related (running 4.0, my 5.0 chips are in the mail). The machine was originally set up to leave balls on the couch in between games, and it started losing the ball occasionally when there were one or two balls on the couch. I've since changed the settings so that locked balls drain between games and I haven't had any issues since.

#5944 2 years ago
Quoted from BRW84:

I think I had a glitch, either switch or software related (running 4.0, my 5.0 chips are in the mail). The machine was originally set up to leave balls on the couch in between games, and it started losing the ball occasionally when there were one or two balls on the couch. I've since changed the settings so that locked balls drain between games and I haven't had any issues since.

That makes sense.

Are you potentially losing balls from the couch because the couch metal part is broken? Mine did that until I found a way to repair it.

#5945 2 years ago

That makes sense.
Are you potentially losing balls from the couch because the couch metal part is broken? Mine did that until I found a way to repair it.

I'll have to investigate that; nothing appears broken, but I also didn't take the couch apart. All of my previous experience is with '80s era games so Simpsons is still a little intimidating!

#5946 2 years ago

Any Stern Whitestar expert around here?

Experiencing a super odd issue: at launch DMD displays 'missing 53 balls' (!), start score is not zero but 100 million.

You can play, but the DMD displays incorrect in game data and some unreadable text.

First thought would be 'dmd board', but then... Why the wrong number of balls and wrong score?

I'm more inclined to think of a Data transfer issue between the cpu board and the DMD board

Anyone would have some comment?

Regards

#5947 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Anyone would have some comment?

I would start with a new set of Roms

#5948 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I would start with a new set of Roms

Well, it's on the list, but since you can play normally (except that the display is not working)...

I'm suspecting a connectivity issue between the CPU board and the DMD controller

#5949 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Well, it's on the list, but since you can play normally (except that the display is not working)...
I'm suspecting a connectivity issue between the CPU board and the DMD controller

Stern support is usually pretty good about diagnosing problems. Doesn't matter if you're not the original owner. They'll help you.

#5950 2 years ago

So further info, and I think this gives me a lead to the defect : the display now exhibits a constant behavior, at launch I get 'missing 53 balls', then a score is displayed and display is stuck

The displayed score is 101,010,101

This awfully looks like that the data bus is stuck

we had this issue a few weeks ago, and replacing the ribbon cable between cpu board and DMD controller resolved it, only for it to appears again. Replacing the cable again, and voilà the issue is gone. But for how long.

I'm suspecting bad soldering either in the buffer driving the DMD signal, or at the connector

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 218.00
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/119?hl=sk8ersublime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.