(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,284 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by FatPanda
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 146.
#5851 2 years ago
Quoted from Karma_Bum:

The OCD card really needs to be in the bottom corner next to the driver board. That's the only place the cords would all reach in my machine. I moved my Pinsound board up above that, and just below the fuse box label. Had to re-jigger some of the cables, and make sure it didn't contact the fluorescent, but there was just enough room for it.

Same place I put mine: bottom left corner of the backbox

#5852 2 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Same place I put mine: bottom left corner of the backbox

Do you have a pinsound too? Thats my issue

#5853 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

I don't have a Pinsound card, too. Is it suggesting the same spot? Are the connections not long enough to install somewhere else?

#5854 2 years ago

First post on the forum. I am not new to forums (been on many car forums) or modding (car/truck mods) and am looking forward to being a part of the pinside community, and the learning/modding that comes with being on a forum.

My dad surprised us on Christmas (back when I was in High School) with The Simpson’s Pinball Party. He bought it new and it has been with us ever since. My dad played it a bit, but I was really the only one out of my siblings to really play it. It got a couple of years of somewhat decent playtime with just my dad and I, but I went off to college, got a job, moved out, started a family, etc.

The machine saw some very minor play from my younger siblings but it largely sat unplayed. My dad recently moved to the town next to me and I have found myself at his house playing TSPP for hours on end. I forgot how much fun this thing is. It seems my prior high score got erased; assuming my dad never changed the batteries.

I am fairly certain it has never been serviced or cleaned. My dad isnt known for maintaining things either. Although the machine plays perfectly, there are a handful of background lights out, the playfield is in need of a cleaning and waxing, and the original DMD seems to be having issues.

Ramps all seem to be in good condition; playfield is also in good condition other than being a little dirty. Sent an email to Cliffy for a full set of protectors to keep everything nice. It could probably use a full “shop”. I would like to do a color dmd upgrade, but for now my goal would be to get it all cleaned and waxed, install Cliffy’s protectors, and replace some of the bulbs that went out.

Any suggestions for a complete rookie on what to use to clean and wax the playfield for this machine? I was doing some research but I was overwhelmed with all of the different information out there.

Got up to 21m. Not my highest score by any means but shaking the rust off..

119A39CC-CB7B-4172-B5F2-2B318E6A1432 (resized).jpeg119A39CC-CB7B-4172-B5F2-2B318E6A1432 (resized).jpeg
#5855 2 years ago
Quoted from MikefromCT:

First post on the forum. I am not new to forums (been on many car forums) or modding (car/truck mods) and am looking forward to being a part of the pinside community, and the learning/modding that comes with being on a forum.
My dad surprised us on Christmas (back when I was in High School) with The Simpson’s Pinball Party. He bought it new and it has been with us ever since. My dad played it a bit, but I was really the only one out of my siblings to really play it. It got a couple of years of somewhat decent playtime with just my dad and I, but I went off to college, got a job, moved out, started a family, etc.
The machine saw some very minor play from my younger siblings but it largely sat unplayed. My dad recently moved to the town next to me and I have found myself at his house playing TSPP for hours on end. I forgot how much fun this thing is. It seems my prior high score got erased; assuming my dad never changed the batteries.
I am fairly certain it has never been serviced or cleaned. My dad isnt known for maintaining things either. Although the machine plays perfectly, there are a handful of background lights out, the playfield is in need of a cleaning and waxing, and the original DMD seems to be having issues.
Ramps all seem to be in good condition; playfield is also in good condition other than being a little dirty. Sent an email to Cliffy for a full set of protectors to keep everything nice. It could probably use a full “shop”. I would like to do a color dmd upgrade, but for now my goal would be to get it all cleaned and waxed, install Cliffy’s protectors, and replace some of the bulbs that went out.
Any suggestions for a complete rookie on what to use to clean and wax the playfield for this machine? I was doing some research but I was overwhelmed with all of the different information out there.
Got up to 21m. Not my highest score by any means but shaking the rust off..[quoted image]

Lots of threads on cleaning and waxing.
I’ll save you some time:
Microfiber rags only.
Clean with product called novus 1.
If there are stubborn scratches that need some cleaning. Use Novus 2.
Buy some blitz wax 1 on pinball life.

Clean. Then wax. Done.

#5856 2 years ago

For Cliffy’s are some more important than others or do most people just get the full set?

#5857 2 years ago
Quoted from Fez:

For Cliffy’s are some more important than others or do most people just get the full set?

If cliffy makes it, it's usually needed...I have the full set...never looked back

#5858 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Yeah, it’s really tight (and in need of wire management), but it works.

Note that I have packing tape in the backside of the bracket for the backbox light, just to prevent any potential touching of the PinSound. Ditto on the left speaker magnet to avoid touching the LEDOCD.

Also, I do have an LED tube replacement for the fluorescent, so no ballast which I think is also in that left area on a stock setup.

Hope that helps!

0EF3F2C9-709A-4C2F-9E82-C9D792A77BCC.jpeg0EF3F2C9-709A-4C2F-9E82-C9D792A77BCC.jpegA5159A51-22AF-4D58-B7D7-DA78FE30E9C6.jpegA5159A51-22AF-4D58-B7D7-DA78FE30E9C6.jpeg
#5859 2 years ago
Quoted from MikefromCT:

Got up to 21m. Not my highest score by any means but shaking the rust off..[quoted image]

You mentioned an issue with the batteries never being changed. Have you inspected where the batteries install to make sure no leaks occurred? Regardless makes sure you get the batteries out (put NVRAM in) before they leak on the boards and cost you hundreds of dollars. It is a $25 upgrade you can do in 5 minutes or less that will make it so you never need batteries again. Honestly that's a higher priority than cleaning the play field.

For cleaning I use Novus 1 and microfiber rags. Various types of wax you can use after that.

The DMD could be on its way out but I'd start by reseating the cables that go to it (unplug and plug back in). Do so with the power off.

I'm reasonably local to you - if you need any advice with the game or need to swap/troubleshoot parts I can help.

Cliffy is usually behind so it may take a bit for those parts to come in. You'll want to do a tear down after you get them because stripping most of the playfield twice is more work than its worth (versus just waiting a couple weeks to do so). I'd try to get as much dirt off the game as you can in the meantime without taking too many parts off.

Recommend considering Titan rings (versus regular rubber) if you are doing a full shop job.

#5860 2 years ago

I was happy to see a TSPP on location in Ventura, CA during my travels today, but holy cow that thing was filthy! 75 percent of the lights were out. I couldn’t bring myself to play a game to see what nightmares lurk therein. So nice to see awesome pins on location, but so depressing to see them in such poor shape.

1C3F3DD8-02BD-4040-A886-B28DBD5A9AAF (resized).jpeg1C3F3DD8-02BD-4040-A886-B28DBD5A9AAF (resized).jpeg
#5861 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I was happy to see a TSPP on location in Ventura, CA during my travels today, but holy cow that thing was filthy! 75 percent of the lights were out. I couldn’t bring myself to play a game to see what nightmares lurk therein. So nice to see awesome pins on location, but so depressing to see them in such poor shape.[quoted image]

Wow that’s ugly, how is that even possible was it underwater maybe?

#5862 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I was happy to see a TSPP on location in Ventura, CA during my travels today, but holy cow that thing was filthy! 75 percent of the lights were out. I couldn’t bring myself to play a game to see what nightmares lurk therein. So nice to see awesome pins on location, but so depressing to see them in such poor shape.[quoted image]

That's a dirty girl.

#5863 2 years ago
Quoted from fattmatt1972:

That's a dirty girl.

Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Wow that’s ugly, how is that even possible was it underwater maybe?

Hard to believe, but the Stern POTC next to it was even worse.

#5864 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Lots of threads on cleaning and waxing.
I’ll save you some time:
Microfiber rags only.
Clean with product called novus 1.
If there are stubborn scratches that need some cleaning. Use Novus 2.
Buy some blitz wax 1 on pinball life.
Clean. Then wax. Done.

Thank you for the recommendation.

Quoted from brainmegaphone:

You mentioned an issue with the batteries never being changed. Have you inspected where the batteries install to make sure no leaks occurred? Regardless makes sure you get the batteries out (put NVRAM in) before they leak on the boards and cost you hundreds of dollars. It is a $25 upgrade you can do in 5 minutes or less that will make it so you never need batteries again. Honestly that's a higher priority than cleaning the play field.
For cleaning I use Novus 1 and microfiber rags. Various types of wax you can use after that.
The DMD could be on its way out but I'd start by reseating the cables that go to it (unplug and plug back in). Do so with the power off.
I'm reasonably local to you - if you need any advice with the game or need to swap/troubleshoot parts I can help.
Cliffy is usually behind so it may take a bit for those parts to come in. You'll want to do a tear down after you get them because stripping most of the playfield twice is more work than its worth (versus just waiting a couple weeks to do so). I'd try to get as much dirt off the game as you can in the meantime without taking too many parts off.
Recommend considering Titan rings (versus regular rubber) if you are doing a full shop job.

Thank you! I haven’t inspected the battery area yet. I will do that next time I am over there; fingers crossed they didn’t make a mess yet. While I am in there, I will try reseating the DMD cable.

I will add nvram to my list of things to order, along with novus 1, blitz wax and microfiber rags. Found this; looks to be compatible and assume its a straightforward install: https://pinballelectronics.com/index.php/product/6264-nvram-battery-eliminator-module-for-stern-pinball-machines/

I had my dad locate the manual so I can confirm info on the blubs that need to be replaced. I will also look into titan rings. I appreciate all the tips and recommendations, thanks!

#5865 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Is it just me or am I the only one who wants to clean this for fun? That would clean up great. I'd love to have a chance to work on this. I'll go grab my naphtha and microfiber rags.

#5866 2 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Is it just me or am I the only one who wants to clean this for fun? That would clean up great. I'd love to have a chance to work on this. I'll go grab my naphtha and microfiber rags.

oh I totally agree! I did a playfield breakdown of a Williams Indy that was almost just as bad...and it was SOOOO satisfying.

#5867 2 years ago

I’ll bet it would clean up nicely, but you’d need a truckload of rags and a few gallons of naptha. That shooter lane looked like a tar pit!

#5868 2 years ago

hey guys, i received my couch fix part from marcos.

can anyone tells me how to install it? any pictures would help.

#5869 2 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Yeah, it’s really tight (and in need of wire management), but it works.
Note that I have packing tape in the backside of the bracket for the backbox light, just to prevent any potential touching of the PinSound. Ditto on the left speaker magnet to avoid touching the LEDOCD.
Also, I do have an LED tube replacement for the fluorescent, so no ballast which I think is also in that left area on a stock setup.
Hope that helps![quoted image][quoted image]

perfect! thanks a lot

#5870 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

hey guys, i received my couch fix part from marcos.
can anyone tells me how to install it? any pictures would help.

This link is the Pinside thread with a photo that I followed and It has worked 100% for me over last 4 years. Also if you hate the speaker hum while in attract mode there is a home made mod to fix that as well. The parts are cheap to order on Amazon and it’s simple to assemble. Welcome to the club!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ever-wonder-what-the-tspp-was-and-what-problem-it-fixed

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-speaker-humbuzz-fixed

#5871 2 years ago
Quoted from MikefromCT:

Thank you for the recommendation.

Thank you! I haven’t inspected the battery area yet. I will do that next time I am over there; fingers crossed they didn’t make a mess yet. While I am in there, I will try reseating the DMD cable.
I will add nvram to my list of things to order, along with novus 1, blitz wax and microfiber rags. Found this; looks to be compatible and assume its a straightforward install: https://pinballelectronics.com/index.php/product/6264-nvram-battery-eliminator-module-for-stern-pinball-machines/
I had my dad locate the manual so I can confirm info on the blubs that need to be replaced. I will also look into titan rings. I appreciate all the tips and recommendations, thanks!

Yes - for this game it is plug and play - that one appears to be compatible.

The bulbs are all mostly 555 wedge bulbs with some 44/47 bayonet base bulbs. The flashers are 906 I think.

#5872 2 years ago

Hey all, we recently acquired a TSPP that is supposed to be a 1 owner HUO. I don't doubt that it is given the story.
I was wondering what the original code version was? I know that the game plays reset when the code is updated. I'm trying to figure out if the total plays are in fact accurate or if the game code has been updated in the past and reset the plays.

thanks!

IMG_20210808_162632 (resized).jpgIMG_20210808_162632 (resized).jpgIMG_20210808_163332 (resized).jpgIMG_20210808_163332 (resized).jpg
#5873 2 years ago

The first release would have been around version 1.0 in January 2003 for both the display and the game code.

Display release 4 was July of 2003.

#5874 2 years ago

My 1st ball couch switch is temperamental. It will register once in a while but struggles most times now. Balls search starts and eventually drops the ball off the couch. Ive tried cleaning it out with good with novice and working it open closed and not seeing much difference.

My machine is pretty low plays. ~500 i would guess.

Anybody have any pointers?

Thanks in advance.

#5875 2 years ago

If it's that bad it might just need replacing. If you roll the ball down to the couch in test, does it register consistently?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5876 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Hey all, we recently acquired a TSPP that is supposed to be a 1 owner HUO. I don't doubt that it is given the story.
I was wondering what the original code version was? I know that the game plays reset when the code is updated. I'm trying to figure out if the total plays are in fact accurate or if the game code has been updated in the past and reset the plays.
thanks![quoted image][quoted image]

What is the build date of the game? They re-ran TSPP for a few years after 2003. Build date should be on the back of the head.

#5877 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

thanks![quoted image][quoted image]

Anyone can just reset the plays in the settings... and the plays also reset when the batteries get replaced (until NVRAM is installed).

136 plays is low for a HUO game that is ~15 years old. Safe to assume they've been reset a number of times by battery replacement alone. Hopefully.

#5878 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

My 1st ball couch switch is temperamental. It will register once in a while but struggles most times now. Balls search starts and eventually drops the ball off the couch. Ive tried cleaning it out with good with novice and working it open closed and not seeing much difference.
My machine is pretty low plays. ~500 i would guess.
Anybody have any pointers?
Thanks in advance.

I had the same issue. I bent the arm of the switch up a touch with a pair of needle nose pliers

#5879 2 years ago

Ok, strange problem...

The game was left on with a ball in the shooter lane for 30+ minutes. The game now seems to have several switches that are not activating correctly and appear to not have any reasonable matrix relationship between them all. (The ones I noticed were the left return lane (58), CBG standup (9), garage door (48), and the light otto standup (32)).

Is there something else I should do or consider before a factory reset?

#5880 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

Ok, strange problem...
The game was left on with a ball in the shooter lane for 30+ minutes. The game now seems to have several switches that are not activating correctly and appear to not have any reasonable matrix relationship between them all. (The ones I noticed were the left return lane (58), CBG standup (9), garage door (48), and the light otto standup (32)).
Is there something else I should do or consider before a factory reset?

Never mind--just did a factory reset and it fixed itself. I didn't like losing my high scores but then I just put my best game ever!

#5881 2 years ago

Drap ... new french owner

#5882 2 years ago
Quoted from budubub:

Drap ... new french owner

Congrats! Such a fun game.

Laissez le bon temps rouler!

#5883 2 years ago

All sorts of new things came in, including new titan rubbers, some novus 1 and blitz wax, new balls, a bunch of bulbs, and nvram. Also caved and ordered a color dmd, and v5 roms to upgrade from the current v4 on the machine.

Dumb question. The rom chips and nvram are supposed to be notched; or at least that is my understanding. This is the nvram. No physical notch in the chip, assuming the painted notch is supposed to be the indicator here, is that correct?

DF7BA011-E01A-4E1E-A942-35836E5A3D83 (resized).jpegDF7BA011-E01A-4E1E-A942-35836E5A3D83 (resized).jpeg

#5884 2 years ago
Quoted from MikefromCT:

All sorts of new things came in, including new titan rubbers, some novus 1 and blitz wax, new balls, a bunch of bulbs, and nvram. Also caved and ordered a color dmd, and v5 roms to upgrade from the current v4 on the machine.
Dumb question. The rom chips and nvram are supposed to be notched; or at least that is my understanding. This is the nvram. No physical notch in the chip, assuming the painted notch is supposed to be the indicator here, is that correct?
[quoted image]

The "notch" is the artwork above pinball electronics .com

#5885 2 years ago

Has anyone tried this shooter lane protector? Simpson's isn't shown as a confirmed fit, looking at the list of games it does fit I would think it might work.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-shooter-eject-protector-for-whitestar-sam-machines.html

#5886 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Has anyone tried this shooter lane protector? Simpson's isn't shown as a confirmed fit, looking at the list of games it does fit I would think it might work.
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-shooter-eject-protector-for-whitestar-sam-machines.html

I wondered the same.
The TSPP one looks close but it is different.
Here is a pic of the TSPP one from RTBB in Australia.

https://www.rtbb.com.au/product/the-simpsons-pinball-party-shooter-eject/

Matt.
Cliffy-TSPPEj_resize (resized).jpgCliffy-TSPPEj_resize (resized).jpg

#5887 2 years ago

I wondered the same.
Matt.
[quoted image]

Hmm, if the Australian one fits then I don't think the PBL one will. Hole pattern is much different along with the spacing of the eject. I guess maybe it still could, I maybe should pop off the apron and eyeball it

#5888 2 years ago

What is the subscribed flipper alignment on this pinball machine? I’ve been playing iron maiden all summer, and typically Elwin flippers are a little droopy, and that may be all I’m dealing with but it feels like the flippers are a little up. Right now the alignment hole is basically right on the tip of the flipper.

Itchy and scratchy shot tough in this configuration. Left flipper looks a little higher than right.

Wasn’t a huge Fan of Balcer’s pins (Hobbit and WOZ), but man, this is such a great shooting pin, I’ll back step that thought!

DEBA6266-37EB-402D-9982-80C53E645FFC (resized).jpegDEBA6266-37EB-402D-9982-80C53E645FFC (resized).jpeg
#5889 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

What is the subscribed flipper alignment on this pinball machine? I’ve been playing iron maiden all summer, and typically Elwin flippers are a little droopy, and that may be all I’m dealing with but it feels like the flippers are a little up. Right now the alignment hole is basically right on the tip of the flipper.
Itchy and scratchy shot tough in this configuration. Left flipper looks a little higher than right.
Wasn’t a huge Fan of Balcer’s pins (Hobbit and WOZ), but man, this is such a great shooting pin, I’ll back step that thought![quoted image]

Looks like your right flipper needs to come up a touch. Align the dot right in center of the flipper tip. The itchy shot is tough no matter what, just use the alignment dot/ hole and you should be fine

#5890 2 years ago

A good way to get the i&s shot is off the advance pops stand up target.

#5891 2 years ago

Is there a trick to getting the right ramp off? Left one came off ok; just two molex connectors that I labeled and disconnected. Ramp came off no issue. Also was able to get the upper play field off without any isue.

The connector I found for the right ramp that is wired to the flashers and the rear ramp switch seem to have a molex connector that is much larger than the hole. Am I missing something here?

3A21756F-4FC4-4392-B0EB-AF15C59A38C1 (resized).jpeg3A21756F-4FC4-4392-B0EB-AF15C59A38C1 (resized).jpeg

#5892 2 years ago
Quoted from MikefromCT:

Is there a trick to getting the right ramp off? Left one came off ok; just two molex connectors that I labeled and disconnected. Ramp came off no issue. Also was able to get the upper play field off without any isue.
The connector I found for the right ramp that is wired to the flashers and the rear ramp switch seem to have a molex connector that is much larger than the hole. Am I missing something here?

It fits. Just barely.

#5893 2 years ago

Morning guys,

Yesterday i was installing some cliffys and realised that this big hex spacer is broken.
Anyone has a part number or knows where i can purchase one?
78E214D5-251F-4BAF-BCE7-852229C9A21C (resized).jpeg78E214D5-251F-4BAF-BCE7-852229C9A21C (resized).jpegACD1898A-B433-43E7-98CE-4AA7302F7F4C (resized).jpegACD1898A-B433-43E7-98CE-4AA7302F7F4C (resized).jpeg

#5894 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Morning guys,
Yesterday i was installing some cliffys and realised that this big hex spacer is broken.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm nearly certain that hex spacer is 2 1/4" x 1/4" with a #6-32 tap on both ends. If yours measures the same it's part 254-5008-18 (page 70 of owner's manual). You can buy them here:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/254-5008-18

or here

https://www.pinballlife.com/metal-hex-spacers-2-3-6-32-thread-femalefemale.html

#5895 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Morning guys,
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hope this helps. Looks to be “v”; and “18”. Note the part number discrepancies between the two pages of the manual.

4EA07E55-E358-4238-A28D-A5671462C618 (resized).jpeg4EA07E55-E358-4238-A28D-A5671462C618 (resized).jpeg
08CCB547-0E22-4FDA-8C8D-2E3A42DFF6F6 (resized).jpeg08CCB547-0E22-4FDA-8C8D-2E3A42DFF6F6 (resized).jpeg
4B5C1D6B-88C5-41AC-9B54-244DF1B8A0D3 (resized).jpeg4B5C1D6B-88C5-41AC-9B54-244DF1B8A0D3 (resized).jpeg

#5896 2 years ago

thanks both of you. that's what i needed!

#5897 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

I wondered the same.
Matt.
[quoted image]

I bought the complete Cliffy set and this is the ejector protector. Fits perfectly.

3FBEC2E1-41AD-44B9-979D-5C06DC8FCEF6 (resized).jpeg3FBEC2E1-41AD-44B9-979D-5C06DC8FCEF6 (resized).jpeg
#5898 2 years ago

Taken this thing apart a couple times now this past week. Cleaned, waxed, fresh bulbs, new titan rubbers all around, and new color dmd. Nvram also installed, and upgraded to v5. One thing I noticed that I thought was addressed in the update rom, a couple times, the top itchy and scratchy drop down has remained up a couple times before ejecting. It tried to lower it (heard it try to at least) but it remained up. Pretty concerning.

Full set of cliffys ordered a couple weeks ago. Will pull this thing apart again once those arrive.

Love playing this machine so much.

4D6E7064-E8EF-466C-8617-D602F81C2F3A (resized).jpeg4D6E7064-E8EF-466C-8617-D602F81C2F3A (resized).jpeg

#5899 2 years ago
Quoted from MikefromCT:

Taken this thing apart a couple times now this past week. Cleaned, waxed, fresh bulbs, new titan rubbers all around, and new color dmd. Nvram also installed, and upgraded to v5. One thing I noticed that I thought was addressed in the update rom, a couple times, the top itchy and scratchy drop down has remained up a couple times before ejecting. It tried to lower it (heard it try to at least) but it remained up. Pretty concerning.
Full set of cliffys ordered a couple weeks ago. Will pull this thing apart again once those arrive.
Love playing this machine so much.
[quoted image]

The I&S drop targets have 4 coils.
1 coil is the usual large one to reset (raise) the targets.
The other 3 coils (1 on each target) is a small one which releases (drops) the targets when the ball enters the I&S hole.

If one of those is not working then that target wont drop.
Your problem sounds intermittent, works sometimes but not others?

You might get lucky and it may be a loose wire at the plug or similar if not you may need to remove the assembly and inspect further, it is easy enough, it has plugs for easy removal.

I have drawn arrows on the pic to show the location of the 3 small coils.

Good luck.
Matt.

2021-08-20 (resized).png2021-08-20 (resized).png
#5900 2 years ago

The I&S drop targets have 4 coils.
1 coil is the usual large one to reset (raise) the targets.
The other 3 coils (1 on each target) is a small one which releases (drops) the targets when the ball enters the I&S hole.
If one of those is not working then that target wont drop.
Your problem sounds intermittent, works sometimes but not others?
You might get lucky and it may be a loose wire at the plug or similar if not you may need to remove the assembly and inspect further, it is easy enough, it has plugs for easy removal.
I have drawn arrows on the pic to show the location of the 3 small coils.
Good luck.
Matt.[quoted image]

Thanks Matt!

Seems to have largely been an intermittent issue. After a good amount of games, it hasnt done it again.

Noticed my otto has issues popping a ball up if there’s one backed up behind it (happened twice during
Multiballs). Issue corrected itself as soon as I drained a ball and it went into search mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 45.95
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 218.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Youngstown, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

There are 7,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/118?hl=purdue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.