(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 146.
#5801 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

You'll never know number of plays because they are reset when the software was updated and can easily be reset regardless.
You can move a color dmd with a software change - and you'll need to make sure you secure power from the appropriate place as well which will be different than the Wiliams pin since the hardware is different.
If you want to LED the game - make sure you look at the LED OCD board. This game has a lot of fading effects that you lose when you upgrade to LEDs and the game looks odd without it. That should be your FIRST mod. I recommend you buy it before you spend money on toys that don't actually improve the game or make it look better. I used regular 2smd cool white comets in my TSPP and then the LED OCD board to prevent ghosting and preserve the fading and original effects built into the game.
Last tip - there is a great tutorial on youtube I linked below which teaches you to play this game. Spend as much time watching that video and learning the rules as you can. It seems many people are too obsessed with modifying this game that they don't even bother to learn the rules and PLAY IT! I've met several that have fully loaded games but don't know the rules and it surprised me.

thanks, is it the inserts ocd i need to purchase?
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/led-ocd-boards?_pos=1&_sid=237dec92f&_ss=r&variant=12493661732908

i will make sure to watch the video and learn all the rules

#5802 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

Hi there and welcome! I'm actually fairly new too but I do have a little bit of information on your questions.
Most of the folks here seem to prefer a graphic side blade. There's a very popular one that looks great that was created by sillyoldelf but I'm not sure if these are still being made. You may need to ask if someone has extras they haven't installed.
Regarding LEDs there is this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-what-is-the-best-led-kit-for-inserts
The short version seems to be dependent on whether you plan to install the LED OCD board because those work best with regular LEDs. If you aren't planning on it (and I think you should based on the amount of fading the bulbs do in this game) then go with the non-ghosting LEDs. The Comet 2SMD cool whites are your best bet and there are folks within the thread that are very particular in color matching some of the colors but not others. I'm still debating exactly what to do here myself but I'll post what I end up doing.

i have cool white in all my williams pin and tftc-data east

it seems like sunlight 2smd frosted a popular choice for tspp?

do we know how much bulb of each: bayonnet, wedge, flashers to purchase?

#5803 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

it seems like sunlight 2smd frosted a popular choice for tspp?

This is what I used for my GI and they look great.

#5804 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

thanks, is it the inserts ocd i need to purchase?
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/led-ocd-boards?_pos=1&_sid=237dec92f&_ss=r&variant=12493661732908
i will make sure to watch the video and learn all the rules

Yes inserts. They don't make GI ocd boards for Stern games like they do Williams. Sterns just need it for the controlled inserts.

#5805 2 years ago

Hello guys,

2questions, is it normal i don’t have *shoot again* if the ball drains after a very shot period of time?
I reset the factory settings.

Is it normal that the lights on the board for tv mods is always lighted?
I thought after you completed correctly a mod, it would of light?
62FA0B24-17CD-4D72-8A68-1F166DE5C223 (resized).jpeg62FA0B24-17CD-4D72-8A68-1F166DE5C223 (resized).jpegD5F87911-D1F4-4327-92D4-C3B5BE502D02 (resized).jpegD5F87911-D1F4-4327-92D4-C3B5BE502D02 (resized).jpeg

#5806 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Hello guys,
2questions, is it normal i don’t have *shoot again* if the ball drains after a very shot period of time?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is the bulb out for shoot again? Factory ball save I think is 5 secs.

Tv lights should not be lit until started. I believe you can cycle through them with the flippers.

#5807 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Is the bulb out for shoot again? Factory ball save I think is 5 secs.
Tv lights should not be lit until started. I believe you can cycle through them with the flippers.

Correct shoot out bulb

Tv lights are on when i start a game, i think thats an issue?

#5808 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Correct shoot out bulb
Tv lights are on when i start a game, i think thats an issue?

Yes, you should just have one green light on pointing to the current mode. I'd start with reseating the connections to the sign. Every thing is reverse in your pic, willie is dark while everything else is lit. I bet if you started the mode like that it would start willie

#5809 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Hello guys,
[quoted image][quoted image]

If I recall correctly the ball save (sometimes referred to as freeze time in settings) is not enabled on this game by Factory Default. Regardless take a look through your settings and you can find the setting and confirm/adjust.

Your light board is working incorrectly as it should only light completed modes (and blink on the one that you have actively selected). If they are solid lit to start a game you have an issue. If it worked prior to messing with the game you should disconnect it and reseat.

By the way - you don't have to complete a mode for it to light solid - you just have to start a mode and then end it either by completing it or draining the ball. Then it will light solid for you and count towards Alien Invasion.

#5810 2 years ago

So i reseat the connector on the light board and same problem.

What else can i check\do?

#5811 2 years ago

You'll never know number of plays because they are reset when the software was updated and can easily be reset regardless.

More importantly, unless they’re asking a premium b/c it’s some original owner home use only pin, we’re talking about a 15+ year old machine. Number of plays is largely irrelevant at this point.

Let things like wear in the Itchy and Scratchy hole/shooter lane and overall condition be your guide.

Good luck!

#5812 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

So i reseat the connector on the light board and same problem.
What else can i check\do?

Did the game come like this? Or did it only start doing it after you unplugged stuff or did other things to the game?

#5813 2 years ago

Did the game come like this? Or did it only start doing it after you unplugged stuff or did other things to the game?

I just bought the game, i think it was like that and i didn’t realize.

Here’s a picture from behind. One of the resistance is a different color… ?
One nut loose too, i need to figure out how to

Also, i think my couch is broken, cana anyone confirm?
CC26B270-40F3-4AD8-B0C7-E2DC13F06846 (resized).jpegCC26B270-40F3-4AD8-B0C7-E2DC13F06846 (resized).jpegEFE24D65-CD41-4FF4-8878-2CAA704C59D7 (resized).jpegEFE24D65-CD41-4FF4-8878-2CAA704C59D7 (resized).jpeg

#5814 2 years ago

I wouldn't sit in that couch.

#5815 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I wouldn't sit in that couch.

Just Bought a new one off ebay. This is settled

#5816 2 years ago

That board definitely has had some work done to it and you can see the resistors do not match. My first solution (absent someone on here that knows better) would be to look at the schematic and replace with the appropriate value resistors (which likely match the values of the untouched one - but I would confirm first).

I'm guessing when you remove one of those top two resistors you will discover one as open.

I can't tell for sure but are there burn marks under those top two resistors or is that part of the board itself?

#5817 2 years ago

i spoke to the previous owner, it appears it would a faulty chip in a board. not related to the resistors or LED board.

anyone knows which chip is related to the LED board?

#5818 2 years ago

New owner here - loving the game so far! All the stacked modes and constant pressure from the timer make for some really fun games.

Trying to figure out the right flipper on the mini pf- it seems to lag a bit on mine and the couch shot is extremely difficult. It’s doable every now and then but ultimately feels like the flipper needs a bit more power to get up the ramp. Does this sound about right and it’s just a hard shot? Best way to fix the lag?

#5819 2 years ago
Quoted from JLay:

New owner here - loving the game so far! All the stacked modes and constant pressure from the timer make for some really fun games.
Trying to figure out the right flipper on the mini pf- it seems to lag a bit on mine and the couch shot is extremely difficult. It’s doable every now and then but ultimately feels like the flipper needs a bit more power to get up the ramp. Does this sound about right and it’s just a hard shot? Best way to fix the lag?

I make that shot fairly easy. May need to clean coil sleeve? Something binding?

#5820 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I make that shot fairly easy. May need to clean coil sleeve? Something binding?

I agree. Sounds like the coil sleeve or coil stop needs to be replaced. I'd do both and see how that works.

#5821 2 years ago

The flipper shaft has play in the upper playfield. That can lead to binding along the shaft as it can contact the plastic part of the right ramp. Check to make sure there is enough clearance along the length of the shaft.

#5822 2 years ago
Quoted from JLay:

FYI, the right flippers are staged. So, if you push the button lightly/slowly, there could be a perceived delay.

Take a look at the upper right flipper and see if it fires at the same time as the right upper playfield. If so, then staging might be the culprit. You can adjust this via the leaf switches on the right flipper button. Otherwise, could be binding, coil, etc that others have mentioned.

#5823 2 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

FYI, the right flippers are staged. So, if you push the button lightly/slowly, there could be a perceived delay.
Take a look at the upper right flipper and see if it fires at the same time as the right upper playfield. If so, then staging might be the culprit. You can adjust this via the leaf switches on the right flipper button. Otherwise, could be binding, coil, etc that others have mentioned.

Agree with this and all of the above comments.

I usually rebuild all my flippers when I get a game. That aside even though it is possible that all 5 of your flippers could use a rebuild chances are your problem is mechanical in nature and independent of a rebuild need... the upper playfield flippers have a few more things they go through to reach the top and a few more parts that can bind or otherwise hold the flipper back. Manually flip the right flipper and compare with the left. See if you can "feel" something holding it back. Also sometimes the upper playfield's position can impact the flippers and cause them to drag a bit if not set right.

Once you get the timing down you should hit the couch shot consistently. On my good games I can do it 3/4 or 4/5 times.

EDIT: I remember after I rebuilt these flippers when I bought my game I started to have problems with one of the flippers. I noticed that the spacer (see below image which I circled in red) was not set the same way on my "bad" flipper as I had it set on the good one. I forget exactly what the issue was but somehow it wasn't right. That might be worth checking on your game.

flipper (resized).jpgflipper (resized).jpg
#5824 2 years ago

Mission board issue found. My friend swapped over is working board from his appolo 13 pin. Mission board stopped flashing. We now confirmed that my board has an issue.

Discovered a ground with this part in position q42. Will start my putting a new one, if its not that, will put new u201 and u206.
6783242C-68DD-4BED-BEDF-690270CE4C18 (resized).jpeg6783242C-68DD-4BED-BEDF-690270CE4C18 (resized).jpeg

#5825 2 years ago

it's now working perfectly! thanks everyone for your help.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5826 2 years ago

Pretty excited!

I bought a TSPP in mid-May but have had a ton of projects going on around the house. This week I finally had a chance to tear it completely down, clean everything, replace the old plastics/rubbers, and give it a solid wax. It plays excellent now.

Of course I ran into the issue with the ball getting stuck on the fatter post sleeves under the bumpers but I just used an x-acto knife to trim them down. I also had the issue with the ball rolling off the monorail and into the outlane but someone in the thread suggested moving the actual monorail piece and that seemed to do the trick.

Just put up a 110M score to boot. Man, I love this pin.

#5827 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

Pretty excited!
I bought a TSPP in mid-May but have had a ton of projects going on around the house. This week I finally had a chance to tear it completely down, clean everything, replace the old plastics/rubbers, and give it a solid wax. It plays excellent now.
Of course I ran into the issue with the ball getting stuck on the fatter post sleeves under the bumpers but I just used an x-acto knife to trim them down. I also had the issue with the ball rolling off the monorail and into the outlane but someone in the thread suggested moving the actual monorail piece and that seemed to do the trick.
Just put up a 110M score to boot. Man, I love this pin.

Fatter post sleeves? Order the Stern tapered sleeves from Titan Pinball. Work like a champ and like the OEM ones, help prevent airballs.

#5828 2 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Fatter post sleeves? Order the Stern tapered sleeves from Titan Pinball. Work like a champ and like the OEM ones, help prevent airballs.

Just to avoid confusion, Stern tapered are the bell shape. Stern slim tapered are correct sleeves for those inlane posts.

#5829 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Just to avoid confusion, Stern tapered are the bell shape. Stern slim tapered are correct sleeves for those inlane posts.

Hmm. Perhaps I'm not up-to-date but I just ordered the ones listed in the manual (page 68, G -- part 545-5308-00). Is there a different part number I should be looking at? My problem is solved but if there's something else I should be getting I'll order them on the next round.

#5830 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

Hmm. Perhaps I'm not up-to-date but I just ordered the ones listed in the manual (page 68, G -- part 545-5308-00). Is there a different part number I should be looking at? My problem is solved but if there's something else I should be getting I'll order them on the next round.

The Stern Slim tapered are an after market silicone sleeve. They come in many different colors. It won't be listed in the manual.

#5831 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

The Stern Slim tapered are an after market silicone sleeve. They come in many different colors. It won't be listed in the manual.

Great to know! I'll have to go check those out for the next time.

#5832 2 years ago

question, i started yesterday installing a bunch of comet sunlight bulbs and added some extra spotlights. Should i stick with sunlight bulbs in the sportlights too? or more cool white?

so far, i really like the overall look. The goal was to add more lighting into the playfield.

inserts will be sunlights too and i may add a few cool white bulbs in the car headlights.

also, where would you stick the LED ocd if i already have a pinsound card ?

#5833 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

question, i started yesterday installing a bunch of comet sunlight bulbs and added some extra spotlights. Should i stick with sunlight bulbs in the sportlights too? or more cool white?
so far, i really like the overall look. The goal was to add more lighting into the playfield.
inserts will be sunlights too and i may add a few cool white bulbs in the car headlights.

I used all Comet sunlight. Clear under the playfield and frosted on top. Go with sunlight.

#5834 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

It is all a matter of person preference (try it and switch if you have to) but I would not mix the cool white in the spotlights as it would not match the sunlight and would be too "different" for me. Just my opinion. Having a mix of "white" light versus "yellow" light would bug me and seem odd.

Not sure on the OCD question as I do not have pinsound.

#5835 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

I would stick with the Sunlights as its a nice look. I don't think the Comet OCD card has anything to do with your PinSound card...The OCD card is a nice add on as it works well

#5836 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I would stick with the Sunlights as its a nice look. I don't think the Comet OCD card has anything to do with your PinSound card...The OCD card is a nice add on as it works well

I think the question was where to put it (since the pinsound was in the way). Or how best to fit both in the backbox so they don't get in the way of each other.

#5837 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

The OCD card really needs to be in the bottom corner next to the driver board. That's the only place the cords would all reach in my machine. I moved my Pinsound board up above that, and just below the fuse box label. Had to re-jigger some of the cables, and make sure it didn't contact the fluorescent, but there was just enough room for it.

#5838 2 years ago

Just joined the club. Didn't even think to look at this machine (even when my kids who have watched every rerun on Disney + kept asking me about it!), but then I played it and it was really cool. So it's sitting in my garage waiting for me to get home from vacation, a really nice one at that.

No key posts in this owner's group. Anything glaring I need to know, check on, order spares, etc?

Thanks all!

#5839 2 years ago
Quoted from Karma_Bum:

The OCD card really needs to be in the bottom corner next to the driver board. That's the only place the cords would all reach in my machine. I moved my Pinsound board up above that, and just below the fuse box label. Had to re-jigger some of the cables, and make sure it didn't contact the fluorescent, but there was just enough room for it.

Thanks, I will do that!

#5840 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I used all Comet sunlight. Clear under the playfield and frosted on top. Go with sunlight.

Thanks

I think the question was where to put it (since the pinsound was in the way). Or how best to fit both in the backbox so they don't get in the way of each other.

Correct

Quoted from Karma_Bum:

Thx

#5841 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

thanks as well

#5842 2 years ago

What kind of bulbs do you guys put under the colored flasher domes?

#5843 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

What kind of bulbs do you guys put under the colored flasher domes?

8 smd led color match

#5844 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

8 smd led color match

Man I can barely look at the 5 smd... 8 would be blinding...Imho

#5845 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Just joined the club. Didn't even think to look at this machine (even when my kids who have watched every rerun on Disney + kept asking me about it!), but then I played it and it was really cool. So it's sitting in my garage waiting for me to get home from vacation, a really nice one at that.
No key posts in this owner's group. Anything glaring I need to know, check on, order spares, etc?
Thanks all!

The things that come up the most when this question is asked are the following:

- Protection at the I&S saucer (there was a clear one, but I don't know if that's still being sold).

- Protector under the garage ramp (this ramp can crack and sag because of a lack of support underneath).

- Couch weld (problems with ball locks on the couch; my game has never had this problem, so I've never checked the details, but a lot of owners in this group talk about the fix).

Those are the most common issues. The other issues that come up seem to be issues that are not really specific to TSPP regarding switches not registering, blown transistors, VUK power, etc.

For add-ons, ColorDMD is probably your first mod priority.

If you're converting to LED, the OCD board will get rid of the ghosting, which is bad in this game.

Pinsound has gained popularity recently because of a few guys who have put together some really cool sound packages.

Tons of mods for this game.

#5846 2 years ago

Just joined. Freaking psyched. I now have the entire vast collection of Simpsons pinball games.

ALL TWO OF THEM.

3672-FRONT-JOE-REEVES-THE-SIMPSONS copy (resized).jpg3672-FRONT-JOE-REEVES-THE-SIMPSONS copy (resized).jpg

Springfield represent.

#5847 2 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Just joined. Freaking psyched. I now have the entire vast collection of Simpsons pinball games.
ALL TWO OF THEM.
[quoted image]
Springfield represent.

Now you just need Stern's Kooky Carnival!

20210731_125636 (resized).jpg20210731_125636 (resized).jpg20210731_125654 (resized).jpg20210731_125654 (resized).jpg
#5848 2 years ago

There is also a slot machine!

#5849 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

The things that come up the most when this question is asked are the following:
- Protection at the I&S saucer (there was a clear one, but I don't know if that's still being sold).
- Protector under the garage ramp (this ramp can crack and sag because of a lack of support underneath).
- Couch weld (problems with ball locks on the couch; my game has never had this problem, so I've never checked the details, but a lot of owners in this group talk about the fix).
Those are the most common issues. The other issues that come up seem to be issues that are not really specific to TSPP regarding switches not registering, blown transistors, VUK power, etc.
For add-ons, ColorDMD is probably your first mod priority.
If you're converting to LED, the OCD board will get rid of the ghosting, which is bad in this game.
Pinsound has gained popularity recently because of a few guys who have put together some really cool sound packages.
Tons of mods for this game.

Great info! Mine is coming with the colorDMD, and I'm familiar with OCD and Pinsound (have them on several others, so will see how that looks when I get it). Thank you!

#5850 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Man I can barely look at the 5 smd... 8 would be blinding...Imho

Never look into the light!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 45.95
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 16.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 218.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Youngstown, OH
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/117?hl=brettv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.