(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 146.
#5701 2 years ago

I sent cliffy an email for a protector set, he said 4 week wait.

#5702 2 years ago

Was that recent? Maybe he could punch out 2 sets if I sent him a note today.

#5703 2 years ago

Thanks for the info, got my order in.

#5704 2 years ago

Hello fellow Pinsiders,

I recently purchased a TSPP and should be receiving it soon. I was wondering if anyone knows who I can contact about purchasing a new sound ROM for my game that contains new callouts from the show ? I've seen some Utube videos with the new sound ROM and would love it on my new game. Thanks for your assistance as always !

#5705 2 years ago
Quoted from Gube637:

Hello fellow Pinsiders,

I recently purchased a TSPP and should be receiving it soon. I was wondering if anyone knows who I can contact about purchasing a new sound ROM for my game that contains new callouts from the show ? I've seen some Utube videos with the new sound ROM and would love it on my new game. Thanks for your assistance as always !

The custom sound mixes require adding a PinSound board.

#5706 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

The custom sound mixes require adding a PinSound board.

Thank you !

#5707 2 years ago

You bet! I have it installed and run Baptiste's soundmix. It's AMAZING. Highly recommend.

#5708 2 years ago

You bet! I have it installed and run Baptiste's soundmix and it's AMAZING. Highly recommend.

I'm sorry, one more question. Did you get the Pinsound NEO or Plus ? Also, how can I contact Baptiste to place an order ? Thanks again !

#5709 2 years ago
Quoted from Gube637:

I'm sorry, one more question. Did you get the Pinsound NEO or Plus ? Also, how can I contact Baptiste to place an order ? Thanks again !

I have the Neo. Works great. The soundmix is available free on the PinSound site. You can also make your own mix and customize current mixes using the PinSound Studio software. It's a remarkable add in. I have had Baptiste's mix installed for months and I'm STILL hearing new stuff. He worked over a year on it and it shows. Very grateful for his hard work.

#5710 2 years ago

I have the Neo. Works great. The soundmix is available free on the PinSound site. You can also make your own mix and customize current mixes using the PinSound Studio software. It's a remarkable add in. I have had Baptiste's mix installed for months and I'm STILL hearing new stuff. He worked over a year on it and it shows. Very grateful for his hard work.

Wow, you have me sold. Thanks !

#5711 2 years ago
Quoted from Gube637:

Wow, you have me sold. Thanks !

Glad I could help. You will love it.

#5712 2 years ago
Quoted from gac:

You can kind of see the pin blades on my machine that are commonly used and I believe similar if not the same are available from PinGraffix (look in the Marketplace here on Pinside). IMO, I would go LCD for the colordmd. Smoothing features look great with the "cartoon" look and theme of the machine. I have a color changing LED back box panel that came from Cointaker. Lermods makes a back box panel as well. Not sure about cab decals but I've seen them on eBay and elsewhere. Couple old pics below. I will get better pics later and post them.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome game you have there. Where did you find the "Welcome to Springfield Power Plant" sign ? That's pretty cool.

#5713 2 years ago

I'm having a weird issue ever since I installed the new cabinet decals on my machine. The ball popper that puts the ball into the shooting lane is throwing the ball extremely hard. When I first turn the machine on and start playing it doesn't always throw it too hard, but after a few times it seriously launches it into the lane. It's painful to hear. Was thinking of maybe replacing the coil, but idk. This is the coil.

20210508_211037.jpg20210508_211037.jpg

I have looked for shorts, but found nothing obvious.

I'm not sure if it's coincidental or not, but I also started noticing that sometimes when getting the ball into the garage, the ball will get popped to the upper playfield, then will fall back down (and get popped back to the top in a second or two). Not sure if that has anything to do with this or me adjusting the height and level of the machine, but figured I would share.

All help is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

#5714 2 years ago

Randy from ColorDMD has been quite helpful. I'm going to be RMA'ing the ColorDMD control board for repair, which is mostly likely the problem. Before that though I'm going to try powering the ColorDMD from an auxiliary power supply just to rule out some transient power problem. I've checked the voltages being supplied and they look OK in spot checks, but this is such an intermittent issue I'd like to be sure on the power supply side.

Figured I'd close the loop on this one. Randy at ColorDMD was able to diagnose the problem with the control board and sent me a replacement. All good now, and loving the ColorDMD on this game. Awesome help from Randy getting this resolved!

#5715 2 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

I'm having a weird issue ever since I installed the new cabinet decals on my machine. The ball popper that puts the ball into the shooting lane is throwing the ball extremely hard. When I first turn the machine on and start playing it doesn't always throw it too hard, but after a few times it seriously launches it into the lane. It's painful to hear. Was thinking of maybe replacing the coil, but idk. This is the coil.
[quoted image]
I have looked for shorts, but found nothing obvious.
I'm not sure if it's coincidental or not, but I also started noticing that sometimes when getting the ball into the garage, the ball will get popped to the upper playfield, then will fall back down (and get popped back to the top in a second or two). Not sure if that has anything to do with this or me adjusting the height and level of the machine, but figured I would share.
All help is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Did you confirm the VUK coil for the mini playfield is correct? If you have a routed game sometimes an under powered coil is installed and perhaps after moving the mini playfield around you haven't found the "sweet spot" for the underpowered coil. Also, I have found every time I move that playfield I have to play with the wires and positioning a bit to stop the bounce backs. I need to move the playfield for cleaning now and I dread what will happen when I put it back.

As for your other issue I looked in the manual and you appear to have the right coil on the ball eject. See Page 20 of the manual for some good reference info on the coils/power. Is the coil getting really hot to the touch after it starts throwing the ball loudly?

I believe there is a coil power setting in the adjustments however given you didn't change it before putting the decals (are we talking inside decals like the blades?) I doubt that is your issue. May be worth just testing the transistor associated with the coil which appears to be Q1. If you have a spare coil handy that matches you could try replacing it but I don't feel like that is your issue. I could be wrong though.

I'm just throwing things out to you that I would check given that I have no experience with this problem.

#5716 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:Did you confirm the VUK coil for the mini playfield is correct? If you have a routed game sometimes an under powered coil is installed and perhaps after moving the mini playfield around you haven't found the "sweet spot" for the underpowered coil. Also, I have found every time I move that playfield I have to play with the wires and positioning a bit to stop the bounce backs. I need to move the playfield for cleaning now and I dread what will happen when I put it back.
As for your other issue I looked in the manual and you appear to have the right coil on the ball eject. See Page 20 of the manual for some good reference info on the coils/power. Is the coil getting really hot to the touch after it starts throwing the ball loudly?
I believe there is a coil power setting in the adjustments however given you didn't change it before putting the decals (are we talking inside decals like the blades?) I doubt that is your issue. May be worth just testing the transistor associated with the coil which appears to be Q1. If you have a spare coil handy that matches you could try replacing it but I don't feel like that is your issue. I could be wrong though.
I'm just throwing things out to you that I would check given that I have no experience with this problem.

Thank you for taking the time to respond and write this out, I appreciate it.

I tightened up and messed with the vuk coil for the upper playfield and it seems to be okay now. I also added another spring to the ball eject coil which seems to be helping, haven't had any issues with it like this. I will check the coil to see if it gets hot, and also the settings are on "normal". I tried "soft" but it was too weak.

#5717 2 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

090-5044-0T
26-1200

Thank you for taking the time to respond and write this out, I appreciate it.
I tightened up and messed with the vuk coil for the upper playfield and it seems to be okay now. I also added another spring to the ball eject coil which seems to be helping, haven't had any issues with it like this. I will check the coil to see if it gets hot, and also the settings are on "normal". I tried "soft" but it was too weak.

Looks like the right coil on the mini playfield VUK so glad to hear it is working better. Your issue on the trough kick out is still puzzling!

1 week later
#5718 2 years ago

I'm so excited! I get to join the club! I just purchased a #TSPP from a local seller and the pin is beautiful! I couldn't be more excited as this is my favorite pin!

Now I need to figure out what I need to do--this is my first game so I hope I can just keep it all good.

#5719 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

I'm so excited! I get to join the club! I just purchased a #TSPP from a local seller and the pin is beautiful! I couldn't be more excited as this is my favorite pin!
Now I need to figure out what I need to do--this is my first game so I hope I can just keep it all good.

Congrats! I may have had something to do with this... I'm excited that you have joined the crazy pinball hobby club, especially with your favorite pin! Now start making room for your second, they like company!

#5720 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Congrats! I may have had something to do with this... I'm excited that you have joined the crazy pinball hobby club, especially with your favorite pin! Now start making room for your second, they like company!

Haha--yes you did! Thank you again for the pin and also in advance for the questions I'll likely have.

#5721 2 years ago

People often ask why I never did LEDs on the inserts of my Pinball Party... and the reason is that I didn't want to lose the nice fading effects the game has with the incandescent lights. As everyone on here knows the LED OCD board fixes this for you and I finally got around to installing one for this game.

I realize many people don't care what the game does after the LEDs are installed it as long as it is brighter but if you want to see a with/without LED OCD board video I made (with my poor editing skills) see link below.

Top video is inserts with LEDs bottom video is same LEDs with the OCD board. Works like originally intended by the designers. You can see the smooth fading and transitions that make the LEDs look like incandescent lamps. You have to watch this video on a computer screen. You likely can't see the difference on your phone. In person it is night and day because as we all know LEDs don't picture/film well.

They call the product OCD for a reason. Many people do not care about this stuff and I understand that. Personally I think it looks so much better to run it like this. The customization options are nice too (brighten/dim certain inserts for example) but I haven't tinkered with them yet.

For those interested: http://www.ledocd.com/ [I do not make or sell them nor am I affiliated - I'm just a customer!]

#5722 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Personally I think it looks so much better to run it like this.

Agreed 100%. It's really hard to see the difference on video. Has to be seen in-person. I hesitated getting one, but have zero regrets... except waiting to buy it

Best testimonial I can think of: Had the person I bought my TSPP from stop by and play it after installing the LEDOCD board and he instantly noticed, despite having not seen the pin in 15+ months.

#5723 2 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Best testimonial I can think of: Had the person I bought my TSPP from stop by and play it after installing the LEDOCD board and he instantly noticed, despite having not seen the pin in 15+ months.

That's a great way of showing the difference it makes. You can really tell when the games lights function normally (this game has a programmed light show intended to flow smoothly) versus just having LEDs in them going off somewhat randomly and not fading in/out.

I have other games I don't see this as necessary for (Who Dunnit, DE Jurassic Park) but I think if someone LEDs a Pinball Party they should consider it.

#5724 2 years ago

Yeah I love the OCD boards, I made a similar video for my Sopranos which has the GI board too.

I do notice some of the "light choreography" as I believe its called seems a little off with the OCD boards. Maybe I am wrong, or the setting on the board need adjusting, but the drop target on the sopranos effect, where every light ripples out from the target like something plopped into water, doesnt seem to happen at all.

Also as you can see in that video, the end of game song and ligh timing seems slower with the board.

Not complaining or anything; I have the leds and OCD board ready to install in my TSPP, just waiting till I have a second.

#5725 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Yeah I love the OCD boards, I made a similar video for my Sopranos which has the GI board too.

I do notice some of the "light choreography" as I believe its called seems a little off with the OCD boards. Maybe I am wrong, or the setting on the board need adjusting, but the drop target on the sopranos effect, where every light ripples out from the target like something plopped into water, doesnt seem to happen at all.
Also as you can see in that video, the end of game song and ligh timing seems slower with the board.
Not complaining or anything; I have the leds and OCD board ready to install in my TSPP, just waiting till I have a second.

I don't know The Sopranos game really at all (played a game or two at a show once). I wonder what might cause changes?

#5726 2 years ago

Can anyone confirm for me - how is Homer's head supposed to be positioned? Is it supposed to be turned slightly to the left (aligned with the Moe's plastic basically) or should it be looking straight down the playfield. I recently took it off to clean it and now its aligned straight but I've seen a few videos where people have it at an angle.

I thought I put his head into a notch set by the mount but maybe I missed it?

#5727 2 years ago

Sorry if this has been discussed in prior posts but...

Just joined the club. In the process of upgrading the LEDS. Currently his the Cointaker LEDS (not a fan). Going with Comet and tryign a few from Titan. Wondering what colors people have generally used on this machine. I have pinstadiums in it now but still looking to give it that extra pop with a few well placed bulbs. Mainly wondering what people have used on the kicker areas. Warm white? Yellow? I feel like the cool white frosted looks good on most games but on this one just doesn't look as good. The pinstadiums are set to a bit of a yellower tint for obvious reasons.

Looking also for ideas on the upper playfield. even with pinstadiums it's super dark.

Any suggestions appreciated for any of the playfield. Just wanting it to pop a little more.

#5728 2 years ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Just joined the club. In the process of upgrading the LEDS. Currently his the Cointaker LEDS (not a fan). Going with Comet and tryign a few from Titan. Wondering what colors people have generally used on this machine. I have pinstadiums in it now but still looking to give it that extra pop with a few well placed bulbs. Mainly wondering what people have used on the kicker areas. Warm white? Yellow? I feel like the cool white frosted looks good on most games but on this one just doesn't look as good. The pinstadiums are set to a bit of a yellower tint for obvious reasons.
Looking also for ideas on the upper playfield. even with pinstadiums it's super dark.
Any suggestions appreciated for any of the playfield. Just wanting it to pop a little more.

I put in all Comet sunlight. Clear for inserts and frosted for above playfield. I used a few green frosted in the mini pf so not to get blinded.

#5729 2 years ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

I made the mistake of cool white in my GI which I recently swapped out to comet warm white (less bright and better colors on the game). Inserts are all cool white comets to give them a bright pop and I used the LED OCD to keep the fading issues. I think one or two inserts I color matched to make them slightly brighter/more intense because of the bulb/insert placement.

I've only seen pinstadium in one game and it looked like a car with high beams on was shining in a pinball machine... so perhaps the bright cool white color is what you want in the game? Or is your issue that you are getting too much glare from the backbox light making it harder to see the game?

Or a better joke fitting to the Simpsons might be... it looked like Aurora Borealis in a pinball machine. [insert Simpsons GIF here]

giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png
#5730 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Can anyone confirm for me - how is Homer's head supposed to be positioned? Is it supposed to be turned slightly to the left (aligned with the Moe's plastic basically) or should it be looking straight down the playfield. I recently took it off to clean it and now its aligned straight but I've seen a few videos where people have it at an angle.
I thought I put his head into a notch set by the mount but maybe I missed it?

This is how mine looks. Homer’s nose is facing the tip of the plastic in front of his face.

0DAAB2BC-0A94-417B-9216-C5541F987D04 (resized).jpeg0DAAB2BC-0A94-417B-9216-C5541F987D04 (resized).jpeg
#5731 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I put in all Comet sunlight. Clear for inserts and frosted for above playfield. I used a few green frosted in the mini pf so not to get blinded.

I'm a big fan of the comet sunlights...

#5732 2 years ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Have you seen theses in sunlight version? They are not ultra bright like the regular non-retro ones but they may mix well with your Pinstadium.
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/retro-smd-bulbs

#5733 2 years ago

Hi guys I'm have an issue with my upper right ball eject. The one for the Auto bus that's under the Moe's ramp. The ball try's to eject but never makes it all the way out and gets stuck there... I tried releveling my machine and I checked the coal test in the menu and it is firing just fine. But the ball doesn't make it out of the hole.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

15 (resized).jpg15 (resized).jpg
#5734 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyGee:

Hi guys I'm have an issue with my upper right ball eject. The one for the Auto bus that's under the Moe's ramp. The ball try's to eject but never makes it all the way out and gets stuck there... I tried releveling my machine and I checked the coal test in the menu and it is firing just fine. But the ball doesn't make it out of the hole.
Your help is greatly appreciated!
[quoted image]

It’s a common issue, not clear what causes it. You can shorten up the stroke of the coil plunger by putting a zip tied bottle cap or piece of wood attached to the bottom of the coil stop. Sounds weird, I know, but it works. Search my username in this thread and you should find the solution.

#5735 2 years ago

I had version 1.5 of the game code for a week or so, and never had an issue with my Otto bus tour eject. The first game after upgrading to 1.6 it started to really struggle kicking the ball out, taking multiple pokes before it clears the scoop.

The 1.6 code mentions adjustments to the votlage supplied to the Otto coil, and Ive read Stern recommended going to a slightly more powerful coil, though Ive not tried it yet.

#5736 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

I had version 1.5 of the game code for a week or so, and never had an issue with my Otto bus tour eject. The first game after upgrading to 1.6 it started to really struggle kicking the ball out, taking multiple pokes before it clears the scoop.
The 1.6 code mentions adjustments to the votlage supplied to the Otto coil, and Ive read Stern recommended going to a slightly more powerful coil, though Ive not tried it yet.

Tried that, didn’t really work for me. Shortening the plunger stroke was a 100% and cost less fix that took about a minute. Try it first before buying new parts.

#5737 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

I never heard of 1.6. The latest Rom is version 5.
https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=Simpsons+pinball+party&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

#5738 2 years ago

If anyone is looking for a new right ramp, I can vouch for this ridiculously low priced option on Ebay.

ebay.com link: itm

Don't know where they got them but mine arrived today, complete with the ramp flap installed.

#5739 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Tried that, didn’t really work for me. Shortening the plunger stroke was a 100% and cost less fix that took about a minute. Try it first before buying new parts.

Will do, thank you!

My bad, no idea what game I was thinking of.

#5740 2 years ago

Thanks for the advice Lermods, stuck some foam on the rubber stop to shorten the throw of the plunger and it only really misses an eject during multiball now.

Plus you saved me some money!

1 week later
#5741 2 years ago

Just joined the club,
When cleaning the playfield noticed a random screw and a couple holes here, any idea what they’re about

3D14B542-294C-40C9-9A95-EB3AD0C24DB7 (resized).jpeg3D14B542-294C-40C9-9A95-EB3AD0C24DB7 (resized).jpeg
#5742 2 years ago

And a quick question, after a game should the couch release the locked balls?
Mine seems to hold them and on yer next game they stay as locked

#5743 2 years ago
Quoted from Cathaldub:

And a quick question, after a game should the couch release the locked balls?
Mine seems to hold them and on yer next game they stay as locked

Ok seems like this is a bug in old romset

#5744 2 years ago
Quoted from Cathaldub:

Ok seems like this is a bug in old romset

Not a bug.... its a selectable option in the menu.

#5745 2 years ago
Quoted from Cathaldub:

Just joined the club,
When cleaning the playfield noticed a random screw and a couple holes here, any idea what they’re about
[quoted image]

that's factory, it deflects the ball into the saucer.

#5746 2 years ago

My Itchy's axe was broken and re-glued together as well as Scratchy's hammer is bent. In looking through eBay I happened upon a significantly better price on the pair than I'd seen on any supply shop. Just an FYI for those in the same situation and don't want to pay $40/character plus shipping.

ebay.com link: Playmates The Simpsons Itchy Scratchy World of Springfield Series 4

#5747 2 years ago
Quoted from Don_C:

that's factory, it deflects the ball into the saucer.

thanks, and the 2 holes in the elementary school, there there suppose to be something in there?

#5748 2 years ago
Quoted from Cathaldub:

thanks, and the 2 holes in the elementary school, there there suppose to be something in there?

Nope...looks like someone screwed through the playfield with too long a screw ..at least its hidden somewhat

20210624_063631 (resized).jpg20210624_063631 (resized).jpg

#5749 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Nope...looks like someone screwed through the playfield with too long a screw ..at least its hidden somewhat
[quoted image]

Cheers
At least they’ll never be seen

#5750 2 years ago
Quoted from Cathaldub:

Mine has those same holes in the schoolhouse. It's a early run machine, I figure maybe they were trying to find the right spot for the screw that wound up on the teachers face?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/115?hl=djy2j and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.