(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,251 posts
  • 706 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Gutterghoul
  • Topic is favorited by 327 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174044 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174050 (resized).jpg
IMG_6018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6024 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6023 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5977 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5974 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 146.
#5601 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I’m sure it’s not related to the new sound file but does anyone have a clue what the hell is happening here?

Shouldn't be related at all.

Try reseating the connection I’m pointing at in the attached pic (J15). Over time, corrosion can build up there and drop your +5V below the threshold for a reset. Sometimes reseating the ribbon cable between those boards will also help.

511C2754-8C6A-49C3-B2FB-480650EE9F4B (resized).jpeg511C2754-8C6A-49C3-B2FB-480650EE9F4B (resized).jpeg
#5602 3 years ago

Thank you for the tip. I will definitely give that a shot.

#5603 3 years ago

That didn’t work but because of that I reseated most of the connections and it’s working. Not sure what one it was but your post helped. Thank you

1 week later
#5604 3 years ago

Can anyone help me on valuing a TSPP I am trying to help a friend buy? Any red flags here other than the cabinet wear and lockdown bar hole? Not really sure what to look for on this title as I've never owned any whitestar games. Thanks!

20210311_115810 (resized).jpg20210311_115810 (resized).jpg20210311_115828 (resized).jpg20210311_115828 (resized).jpg20210311_115837 (resized).jpg20210311_115837 (resized).jpg20210311_115845 (resized).jpg20210311_115845 (resized).jpg20210311_115930 (resized).jpg20210311_115930 (resized).jpg20210311_115949 (resized).jpg20210311_115949 (resized).jpg20210311_115955 (resized).jpg20210311_115955 (resized).jpg20210311_120003 (resized).jpg20210311_120003 (resized).jpg20210311_120009 (resized).jpg20210311_120009 (resized).jpg20210311_120018 (resized).jpg20210311_120018 (resized).jpg20210311_120041 (resized).jpg20210311_120041 (resized).jpg20210311_120101 (resized).jpg20210311_120101 (resized).jpg20210311_120115 (resized).jpg20210311_120115 (resized).jpg20210311_120120 (resized).jpg20210311_120120 (resized).jpg20210311_120137 (resized).jpg20210311_120137 (resized).jpg
#5605 3 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

Can anyone help me on valuing a TSPP I am trying to help a friend buy? Any red flags here other than the cabinet wear and lockdown bar hole? Not really sure what to look for on this title as I've never owned any whitestar games. Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Main areas of wear are the shooter lane (just like any other pin) and the Itchy and Scratchy hole. I&S hole looks decent, but not perfect. Nothing to worry about from what I see.

Common issues are:
* Couch weld fix needs to be applied (will have issues with locked balls on the couch, search the thread for details)
* VUK switches (far back left corner to put ball onto upper playfield, I&S hole) going out
* Cracked ramps, especially the garage ramp
* Cabinet wear, which is unavoidable given these were direct printed. Lollypops and wear around the Start button are really common.

None of those are deal breakers and all are fixable. Definitely recommend getting the Cliffy set b/c of this machine's plastic ramps. While alot of the parts are still available, the ramps are getting hard to come by.

But, looking quickly through the pics, there's nothing that jumps out at me. It's amazing how well the playfields on this machine hold up compared to modern machines.

This is a machine that screams for a ColorDMD. Money well spent, IMHO.

I've also got a PinSound board in mine. There's two custom mixes out there by Scandell and @baptiste, both of which have tons of callouts (not to mention ditch the 8-bit stock callouts).

Hope that helps!

#5606 3 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Main areas of wear are the shooter lane (just like any other pin) and the Itchy and Scratchy hole. I&S hole looks decent, but not perfect. Nothing to worry about from what I see.
Common issues are:
* Couch weld fix needs to be applied (will have issues with locked balls on the couch, search the thread for details)
* VUK switches (far back left corner to put ball onto upper playfield, I&S hole) going out
* Cabinet wear, which is unavoidable given these were direct printed. Lollypops and wear around the Start button are really common.
None of those are deal breakers and all are fixable. Definitely recommend getting the Cliffy set b/c of this machine's plastic ramps. While alot of the parts are still available, the ramps are getting hard to come by.
But, looking quickly through the pics, there's nothing that jumps out at me. It's amazing how well the playfields on this machine hold up compared to modern machines.
I've also got a PinSound board in mine. There's two custom mixes out there by scandell and baptiste, both of which have tons of callouts (not to mention ditch the 8-bit stock callouts).
Hope that helps!

Wow, that is incredibly helpful, thank you! I'm with you, the playfields on these always look great when i find them on location, the cabinets unfortunately are another story. I will look into the things you mentioned, seems like if there are no major hangups this would be within the pinside recommended value range?

#5607 3 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Common issues are:
I've also got a PinSound board in mine. There's two custom mixes out there by scandell and baptiste, both of which have tons of callouts (not to mention ditch the 8-bit stock callouts).
Hope that helps!

I second the ramp inspection. check for cracked or missing plastics on garage, treehouse and Moe's.
also check the opto in the ball trough : eject a ball and drop it back into the trough from the shooter lane. the opto should detect the 'stacked' ball and eject it.

#5608 3 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

Wow, that is incredibly helpful, thank you! I'm with you, the playfields on these always look great when i find them on location, the cabinets unfortunately are another story. I will look into the things you mentioned, seems like if there are no major hangups this would be within the pinside recommended value range?

No problem!

The market in general is a bit crazy these days and keep in mind the Pinside price is an average over time. Given the market has trended up for the past few years, you'll likely end up skewing towards the higher end of the range.

You can checkout PinballPrices.com for something a bit more recent. Here's TSPP's price on there: https://www.pinballprices.com/average-prices/the-simpsons-pinball-party

My guess is that the seller would be looking for something between $6000-6200 for this one. Of course, we all know selling price has some wiggle room, so would expect something like $5600-5800 out the door.

There's definitely others to be had in similar condition for less. Just have to be patient. In my case, I slightly overpaid for my in 2019, but it was local, from a person I knew and trusted, and it already had the ColorDMD, etc in it. Not dealing with shipping and shaking the seller's hand are both worth a few hundred to me

#5609 3 years ago

Hello,

I was wondering is somebody overseas with an export machine could please verify if they have this connection in the back left side of the backbox for their TSPP? It is the 120VAC source for the fluorescent light.

Thank you!

Robert

9525e3b4a2726a0fae24a966873ced20c95fdbfe (resized).jpg9525e3b4a2726a0fae24a966873ced20c95fdbfe (resized).jpg
#5610 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I second the ramp inspection. check for cracked or missing plastics on garage, treehouse and Moe's.
also check the opto in the ball trough : eject a ball and drop it back into the trough from the shooter lane. the opto should detect the 'stacked' ball and eject it.

Quoted from cjchand:

No problem!
The market in general is a bit crazy these days and keep in mind the Pinside price is an average over time. Given the market has trended up for the past few years, you'll likely end up skewing towards the higher end of the range.
You can checkout PinballPrices.com for something a bit more recent. Here's TSPP's price on there: https://www.pinballprices.com/average-prices/the-simpsons-pinball-party
My guess is that the seller would be looking for something between $6000-6200 for this one. Of course, we all know selling price has some wiggle room, so would expect something like $5600-5800 out the door.
There's definitely others to be had in similar condition for less. Just have to be patient. In my case, I slightly overpaid for my in 2019, but it was local, from a person I knew and trusted, and it already had the ColorDMD, etc in it. Not dealing with shipping and shaking the seller's hand are both worth a few hundred to me

Thank you both for the advice, really appreciate it!

#5611 3 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Common issues are:
Hope that helps!

LEDOCD is also a must on this title. Js.

#5612 3 years ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

Thinking about ordering one. I hate the current spaz show with LEDS. Couple of questions, how exactly is the skill shot maxed out? I know you can see the kwicky mart one increase but what is max? I don't see how comic book guy is maxed either. Bowen mentions it in his guide. Also, I see some debates about if pretzel is required for wizard mode. I've thought for years that it is but maybe I'm wrong. Do you have to win it? Is it even possible to win it or maybe it just has to be started?

#5614 3 years ago

Anyone on here want a laser topper for their Simpson's. $110 shipped.

0310211909 (resized).jpg0310211909 (resized).jpg
#5615 3 years ago

Agreed. Put it off for a while, wish I had done it sooner.

#5616 3 years ago

What is LEDOCD, a color LED DMD?

I've been toying with the dif between LED and LCD and I see there are some votes on both sides here on the forum.
Does one give better resolution? brightness? the colorization better on one or the other?

#5617 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

What is LEDOCD, a color LED DMD?
I've been toying with the dif between LED and LCD and I see there are some votes on both sides here on the forum.
Does one give better resolution? brightness? the colorization better on one or the other?

LEDOCD prevents flickering of playfield LEDs. Doesn’t really come across in videos. You have to see it in person to appreciate the difference.

#5618 3 years ago

Does anyone have or know where I can get a donut shooter rod for my #TSPP? Long shot, but figured I would ask! Thanks.

#5619 3 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Does anyone have or know where I can get a donut shooter rod for my #TSPP? Long shot, but figured I would ask! Thanks.

I was looking for one a few months ago when I got my game and they were all sold out. If I recall somebody told me they would make more in the future. Let us know if you find one. I still want one!

#5620 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Let us know if you find one. I still want one!

I also would love to have one.

#5621 3 years ago

I joined the club about a month ago. Something I never really noticed when I played on location was how bare barts base is. The game is so colorful, yet he's just sitting on this horribly colored base. I did some searching and it doesn't look like anyone has done anything about it. I think I'll start on a decal for it at some point soon. It will need a mylar or plastic coating to keep the skateboard wheels from wearing. Anyone ever seen a mod like this?

#5622 3 years ago

Anyone want to tackle a giant for fun?:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/round-2-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition-2021

5 votes seperate the machines (I have them both and are keepers..just kind of cool "old school" is within striking distance....)

#5623 3 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I also would love to have one.

Me too

#5624 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I was looking for one a few months ago when I got my game and they were all sold out. If I recall somebody told me they would make more in the future. Let us know if you find one. I still want one!

I put a wanted ad up on pinside a couple months ago and was contacted by someone that sold me theirs, only way to get one

#5625 3 years ago

to the owners of this game- are parts easy to find for repairs? i was thinking of getting one. but worried on the garage, bart, homer toys if they break.

#5626 3 years ago

From what I hear the game is very reliable. Besides replacement ramps I am not aware of anything you would need that is hard to find. I have only had the game for a few months but somebody with more knowledge may provide you a more accurate response.

#5627 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

to the owners of this game- are parts easy to find for repairs? i was thinking of getting one. but worried on the garage, bart, homer toys if they break.

The ball never touches Homer (he’s just a flipper mech with a Homer head on it), Bart is moved by a captive ball, and the garage is all metal with a sticker on it.

I’ve had mine for about 18 months, have over 2k plays on it, and outside of replacing a VUK switch when I got it, haven’t had to do anything to it.

#5628 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Game is very easy to maintain. Put protectors on the ramps, and you should be good to go. Plastics are still somewhat attainable minus the long one on the right.

Everything else is easy, and modding with other simpsons stuff is easy enough too.

#5629 3 years ago

Just joined the club. Gave ralphwiggum's simpsons a good home, picked up some good old spotted cow while I was over there too.

PXL_20210321_203407011.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210321_203407011.MP (resized).jpg
#5630 3 years ago

Anyone know where to order the nuclear inserts for the speaker grills?

#5631 3 years ago

You guys inspired me to join the club yesterday, thanks again for all the help, really digging this game so far!

MVIMG_20210321_180548 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20210321_180548 (resized).jpg
#5632 3 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

You guys inspired me to join the club yesterday, thanks again for all the help, really digging this game so far!
[quoted image]

you gotta get a Color DMD in that baby! I just installed one and it is a pretty major upgrade visual-wise. It makes the game even more 'cartooney'

#5633 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

you gotta get a Color DMD in that baby! I just installed one and it is a pretty major upgrade visual-wise. It makes the game even more 'cartooney'

Nice! Did you do LED or LCD? I've owned both in the past and much prefer LED, but I feel like this game might benefit from some of the extra effects available on the LCD.

#5634 3 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

Nice! Did you do LED or LCD? I've owned both in the past and much prefer LED, but I feel like this game might benefit from some of the extra effects available on the LCD.

I did led on my TSPP and hated it. Ended up swapping out for and LCD. This game calls for it.

#5635 3 years ago

LCD here too...

#5636 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

LCD here too...

LCD, Scan mode.

#5637 3 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:Main areas of wear are the shooter lane (just like any other pin) and the Itchy and Scratchy hole. I&S hole looks decent, but not perfect. Nothing to worry about from what I see.
Common issues are:
I've also got a PinSound board in mine. There's two custom mixes out there by Scandell and Baptiste, both of which have tons of callouts (not to mention ditch the 8-bit stock callouts).
Hope that helps!

Excellent post! I have a line on a routed TSPP for ~3500 and this is very helpful. Thanks!

1 week later
#5639 2 years ago

My Homer Wobble head mod!!
Doh!!

I love it!

Thank you Babtiste for the awesome!!! Pinsound mix!!

#5640 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Doh!!
I love it!

#5641 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Nice! Gotta do it too!

#5642 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Thank you Babtiste for the awesome!!! Pinsound mix!!

I am STILL hearing new stuff. Baptiste did a remarkable job on the mix. MUST HAVE!

#5643 2 years ago

If anyone is getting ready to sell and is in the FL or MD/PA area please PM me. Been looking for this one for a while. Thanks!

#5644 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Homer Wobble head mod!!

I really like your Homer Wobble head mod !! It's much better than the original head!

Thank you for your testimony and your video feedback on the mix !! I am happy to make people happy !!
Baptiste

#5645 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Nice! Gotta do it too!

Use the Homer Wobble head 1999 version
Like this one. ebay.com link: The Simpsons Homer Simpson Eating Donut Bobble Head Nodder Statue Vintage 1999

I thought about the idea to change the head a few weeks ago and found this one after long searching all Simsons toys. Eureka moment!
It was all a gamble on size and if it would work out because I bought via eBay. Now I think it’s the best Mod ever for TSPP and you should try! But it’s not a 5min job.

I had to cut the blue legs. Grind the inner body with a Dremel to fit the legs into his body. This all to make it all adjustable to fit on the playfield. Problem is the turning angle and Homers right arm touching the metal guide. But he’s too tall to fit below the glass. You need to cut some off him.

Second is attaching Homer to the metal plate. I removed the long stick through his original head but could not reuse it because the new head needs to wobble.

Fortunatelly his feet fit exactelly into the metal baseplate.

I will share some pics later. Its not a clean solution but it works well for now as a test.

Cheers

#5646 2 years ago

Hey all, Having an issue with my TSPP not displaying to dmd. When I first power in the system it displays the correct graphic as shown below, but then just goes completely blank. The game plays normally otherwise. all power LEDs are normal.
Troubleshooting steps taken so far.

1. changed from color DMD to known working dmd. Same exact results.

2. changed all ribbon cables

3. reseated all connectors on boards.

4. pulled out and reseated display rom and CPU rom

I don't have a display controller board or I would swap that out as well. Has anyone seen similar symptom? any suggestion before I start to order parts?
Thanks

I'm thinking it might be display rom, CPU rom, or maybe display controller board...

image_67160321 (resized).JPGimage_67160321 (resized).JPG Added over 3 years ago:

Problem resolved:
Changed the IC at U201(74HCT273N) on the CPU board. Its job its to buffer the data going to the display control board.

#5647 2 years ago
Quoted from VindictiveX:

Hey all, Having an issue with my TSPP not displaying to dmd. When I first power in the system it displays the correct graphic as shown below, but then just goes completely blank. The game plays normally otherwise. all power LEDs are normal.
Troubleshooting steps taken so far.
1. changed from color DMD to known working dmd. Same exact results.
2. changed all ribbon cables
3. reseated all connectors on boards.
4. pulled out and reseated display rom and CPU rom
I don't have a display controller board or I would swap that out as well. Has anyone seen similar symptom? any suggestion before I start to order parts?
Thanks
I'm thinking it might be display rom, CPU rom, or maybe display controller board...
[quoted image]

assuming you updated the ROM according to the directions,
shoot an email to Randy at ColorDMD, he's top notch support. He'll prob want a picture of your display board wiring. good luck

#5648 2 years ago

That looks awesome! I know it was a lot of work, but boy what a difference it makes. I like the way Homer's head shakes when he says "D'OH". Excellent job sir!

#5649 2 years ago

Looks like I’m leaving Springfield soon and am a bit bummed about it. Was one of my early grail games due to the code depth, callouts and overall theme. Unfortunately I’ve reached the point where I have no more room (yes, took a very long time) and I lean towards quicker playing tournament style games these days. You’ll have a hard time finding a cleaner example. Who knows, maybe nobody will be interested and I’ll be stuck with it, which wouldn’t be the worst thing to ever happen since I really do love this game so much.

stcloud.craigslist.org link

#5650 2 years ago

does anyone know the product # for the flasher bulb.. i've never changed a flasher, but they look big when i took off the cover. are these standard size flashers? does anyone know?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 16.00
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
7,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fallston, MD
9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
There are 7,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/113?hl=mikedenton49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.