(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 hours ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 146.
#5551 3 years ago

Both sides have 2 nuts and this was a home use only with no mods.

I’m have tightened them both and we are back in business. I can get back to learning the rules on this deep game.

Thanks again for the help everyone.

#5552 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Wow that was incredibly simple.
Turns out the metal flipper button nut fell off and was acting as a conductor for the switch.
Thanks again for all the help!!
[quoted image]

So why didn’t the lower right also lock on?

#5553 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

So why didn’t the lower right also lock on?

It wasnt closed on the gap.... you can see the outer(furthest away from cabinet side) is pinched closed (upper flippers) and the lower isn't.

#5554 3 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Can I join the "no Homer's" club?! Picked this up today!
Which pin blades does everyone use? Also, what about backbox lighting? What does everyone use?
What about for cabinet decals? What do you recommend? The only thing wrong with this machine is it needs new cabinet decals.
Lastly, I have a ColorDMD LCD in both my #NF and #T2 but am wondering if people use LCD or LED on #TSPP?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

You can kind of see the pin blades on my machine that are commonly used and I believe similar if not the same are available from PinGraffix (look in the Marketplace here on Pinside). IMO, I would go LCD for the colordmd. Smoothing features look great with the "cartoon" look and theme of the machine. I have a color changing LED back box panel that came from Cointaker. Lermods makes a back box panel as well. Not sure about cab decals but I've seen them on eBay and elsewhere. Couple old pics below. I will get better pics later and post them.
IMG_1216 (resized).jpgIMG_1216 (resized).jpgIMG_2341 (resized).jpgIMG_2341 (resized).jpg

#5555 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Mine has two nuts jammed together.

you didn't really say that...

#5556 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

You can kind of see the pin blades on my machine that are commonly used and I believe similar if not the same are available from PinGraffix (look in the Marketplace here on Pinside). IMO, I would go LCD for the colordmd. Smoothing features look great with the "cartoon" look and theme of the machine. I have a color changing LED back box panel that came from Cointaker. Lermods makes a back box panel as well. Not sure about cab decals but I've seen them on eBay and elsewhere. Couple old pics below. I will get better pics later and post them.
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is great, thanks so much!

#5557 3 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

This is great, thanks so much!

You can also make and print your own custom speaker panel. This pic is still a work in progress. I'm surprised you got tspp and t2 so quickly.

IMG_20201023_015352713 (resized).jpgIMG_20201023_015352713 (resized).jpg
#5558 3 years ago
Quoted from SKORR_Arcades:

You can also make and print your own custom speaker panel. This pic is still a work in progress. I'm surprised you got tspp and t2 so quickly.
[quoted image]

Thanks! Where did you get that art, and what size paper did you print on?

I noticed a few weird things on the playfield, next to / behind Homer's head.

The red arrow shows the first thing, which is a screw with very little what looks like plastic under it. The blue arrow shows a post with no rubber.

Can anyone provide me any insight please? I've checked the manual and it looks like maybe I'm missing a black ring on the blue post, but can't find anything on that screw. Thanks. 20210218_165914 (resized).jpg20210218_165914 (resized).jpg

#5559 3 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

The red arrow shows the first thing, which is a screw with very little what looks like plastic under it. The blue arrow shows a post with no rubber.
Can anyone provide me any insight please? I've checked the manual and it looks like maybe I'm missing a black ring on the blue post, but can't find anything on that screw. Thanks. [quoted image]

I got all the art off google image search. Printed on three sheets of 8-1/2x11 vinyl and used laminate roll on top. But I will get professional printed eventually.
I can make a custom speaker panel for you if you want - same background, but the characters can be changed and moved around.

Red arrow - mine doesn't have a screw there, but there is a hole in the characters head.

Blue arrow - mine doesn't have any rubber ring on it either. Doesn't bother me enough to add one.

#5560 3 years ago

New club member as of yesterday. Found a really nice 2003 machine. Good colors, slight flipper wear, and a couple of chipped plastics is all I see for flaws. It needs the latest ROM and of course color dmd. Couple questions, why isn't this ball guide straight? I looked at a lot of pics and some look like mine but others don't. Maybe since mine was an early version it was changed later? Also, I've seen NVRAM for $15 on some sites but bory's anypin is 40. Is there a difference?

20210218_180647 (resized).jpg20210218_180647 (resized).jpg

#5561 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

New club member as of yesterday. Found a really nice 2013 machine. Good colors, slight flipper wear, and a couple of chipped plastics is all I see for flaws. It needs the latest ROM and of course color dmd. Couple questions, why isn't this ball guide straight? I looked at a lot of pics and some look like mine but others don't. Maybe since mine was an early version it was changed later? Also, I've seen NVRAM for $15 on some sites but bory's anypin is 40. Is there a difference?
[quoted image]

Mine looks like yours, I have a 2003 game. You can find nvram for about $15, search pinside.

#5562 3 years ago

Also, mikespins take a look at this comparison of the LCD and LED. I'm still on the fence with you. To me, the animation looks smoother with the LCD but maybe it's the camera. I don't think the LED is terrible, but I feel like I can see bits of white within the animations. My buddy owns a pinball bar, and is all LED on his games. I'm going to go tomorrow and see if I think they are slightly choppy in person.

I'm sure this topic has been done to death in this thread but any input would be helpful.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-lcd-versus-led/page/2#post-3432112

#5563 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Mine looks like yours, I have a 2003 game. You can find nvram for about $15, search pinside.

Thanks, I couldn't see where it could possibly be bent. Good to know.

#5564 3 years ago

oops, duplicate

#5565 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

New club member as of yesterday. Found a really nice 2013 machine. Good colors, slight flipper wear, and a couple of chipped plastics is all I see for flaws. It needs the latest ROM and of course color dmd. Couple questions, why isn't this ball guide straight? I looked at a lot of pics and some look like mine but others don't. Maybe since mine was an early version it was changed later? Also, I've seen NVRAM for $15 on some sites but bory's anypin is 40. Is there a difference?
[quoted image]

anyPin DMD+ NVRAM Battery Eliminator is $20

https://www.pinballlife.com/anypin-dmd-nvram-battery-eliminator.html

Here's a pic of it installed in my tspp.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/107#post-5958159

#5566 3 years ago

Thanks, bummer they don't have the 5.0 ROM. I'd rather only place one order.

#5567 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Also, mikespins take a look at this comparison of the LCD and LED. I'm still on the fence with you. To me, the animation looks smoother with the LCD but maybe it's the camera. I don't think the LED is terrible, but I feel like I can see bits of white within the animations. My buddy owns a pinball bar, and is all LED on his games. I'm going to go tomorrow and see if I think they are slightly choppy in person.
I'm sure this topic has been done to death in this thread but any input would be helpful.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-lcd-versus-led/page/2#post-3432112

I ended up ordering the LED today, I'll post up a video when it's installed.

#5568 3 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

I ended up ordering the LED today, I'll post up a video when it's installed.

I have the LED in mine and love it.

#5569 3 years ago

I don't know if this is allowed or not, but I made a FB group dedicated to TSPP owners. Check it and and join! http://www.facebook.com/groups/simpsonspinball/

#5570 3 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Can anyone provide me any insight please? I've checked the manual and it looks like maybe I'm missing a black ring on the blue post, but can't find anything on that screw. Thanks. [quoted image]

You game is correct. No rubber on post and the screw has a plastic to divert the ball.

#5571 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

You game is correct. No rubber on post and the screw has a plastic to divert the ball.

Got you, thanks. Looks like the plastic is a bit worn. Do you know what size it is so I can replace it? I can hear metal hitting metal back there.

#5572 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Matter of personal preference, but I like the LCD with the "scan" mode. It still has some small amount of "dots" to it, but makes it look more animation-like.

Outside of pins like TSPP and Family Guy that are animation based, I'd typically go with either LED or LCD in "dots" mode. Again, all personal preference.

#5573 3 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Got you, thanks. Looks like the plastic is a bit worn. Do you know what size it is so I can replace it? I can hear metal hitting metal back there.

Page 71 in the manual. Looks like 1/4"x3/8". Part #254-5000-02.

#5574 3 years ago

Hey guys. These lights next to my TV aren't working, they never light up. Are they fused or is there something I can look at? Thanks.

20210221_144910 (resized).jpg20210221_144910 (resized).jpg

#5575 3 years ago

Check the plug out and where it connects to the harness.

#5576 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Check the plug out and where it connects to the harness.

Thanks. The plug seems ok.

#5577 3 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Thanks. The plug seems ok.

Reseaded and messed with it a bit and now it's working.

#5578 3 years ago

Hi, should we expect the link to be posted in this thread today, or should we be looking for it in the pinsound directory https://www.pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/93-the-simpsons-pinball-party/? I was not able to find it in the linked directory.

Quoted from Baptiste:

Hello everyone,
I just announced that, except major technical problem, I would post my mix on February 24 (of this year Lol ...). I'd do a more complete post at the time. See you soon!

#5579 3 years ago
Quoted from xtravgiza:

Hi, should we expect the link to be posted in this thread today, or should we be looking for it in the pinsound directory https://www.pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/93-the-simpsons-pinball-party/? I was not able to find it in the linked directory.

Hi,

It will be fine in this place. I am again a little late on my announced date. I hope tomorrow...

#5580 3 years ago

Does anyone have a PinSound board plus speakers on their #TSPP? I am just about done installing on mine but don't see where this csbke plugs into. Anyone have any insight? It's from the 3 speakers. Thanks. 20210225_173004 (resized).jpg20210225_173004 (resized).jpg

#5581 3 years ago

I do. Give me 15 minutes. I know there’s a spare cable.

#5582 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I do. Give me 15 minutes. I know there’s a spare cable.

Thank you! I think this goes to the stock sound board but I'm not sure. It's from the speakers.

#5583 3 years ago
34FA7C2F-A3EA-45EB-B423-57A725226273 (resized).jpeg34FA7C2F-A3EA-45EB-B423-57A725226273 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5584 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Thanks. Does that go to the speakers or back to the original sound board? Also, what's is in ext1? My system didn't come with that.

#5585 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I'm pretty sure it goes to the pin soundboard and I bypass the CN4 connection from the stock board, unlike what their video shows

#5586 3 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Thanks. Does that go to the speakers or back to the original sound board? Also, what's is in ext1? My system didn't come with that.

6 wires, 2 to each speaker, 2 to the sub

#5587 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

6 wires, 2 to each speaker, 2 to the sub

Right. Does anything come off your CN4 on your stock sound board?

#5588 3 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Right. Does anything come off your CN4 on your stock sound board?

Nothing. Cn4 is for original speakers. That needs to be disconnected completely.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5589 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Nothing. Cn4 is for original speakers. That needs to be disconnected completely. [quoted image]

Awesome, thanks!

What is hooked up to ext1 on the PinSound board? Also, did you install a headphone station?

#5590 3 years ago

I believe it’s the headphone station. Im not near my pin

#5591 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I believe it’s the headphone station. Im not near my pin

The headphone station plugs into the ethernet port.

#5592 3 years ago

Just installed a LCD display and seeing the yellows looking more greenish. Anyone else? When I first installed it before I added the color ROM I accidentally switched the default color to a red instead of the black and white that came up originally. Maybe that's the issue? I figured the ROM would overwrite any previous settings

#5593 3 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

The headphone station plugs into the ethernet port.

My bad. Probably my pinball shaker motor

#5594 3 years ago

Hi !

My mix is ready. I invite you now to go on my topic :

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-mix-pinsound-by-baptiste

Thanks!

#5595 3 years ago

Awesome!!!

#5596 3 years ago

Update... Unreal!!!

The call outs are out of this world. What an improvement. I’m not sure why it sounds so much better too. The shaker addition is awesome too.

All the characters. Wow. Even when you open the coin door.

Well done @baptiste! Well worth the wait!!

#5597 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Update... Unreal!!!
The call outs are out of this world. What an improvement. I’m not sure why it sounds so much better too. The shaker addition is awesome too.
All the characters. Wow. Even when you open the coin door.
Well done baptiste! Well worth the wait!!

Do you have a shaker? For some reason I don't feel like a shaker fits in this game. AFM destroy the saucer? Hell yeah. MM destroy the castle? Shake baby shake. With the simpsons gameplay I don't see where it can be used much other than multiball

#5598 3 years ago

What exactly is the tournament button used for on the lockdown bar?

#5599 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Do you have a shaker? For some reason I don't feel like a shaker fits in this game. AFM destroy the saucer? Hell yeah. MM destroy the castle? Shake baby shake. With the simpsons gameplay I don't see where it can be used much other than multiball

Yeah I have the shaker. Game doesn’t need it but I still like the tactile response.

#5600 3 years ago

I’m sure it’s not related to the new sound file but does anyone have a clue what the hell is happening here?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
£ 70.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/112?hl=cjchand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.