(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 146.
#5501 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I just installed mine a couple days ago and other than EQ issues it went without a hitch.
The only thing I would do is check your connections from the pinsound to the pin. Almost seems like you haven’t moved the speaker sound from the pin to the pinsound system.
If you follow the red green(I think) speaker wires, make sure the harness they attach to are not plugged into the Simpsons pin board.
Remove the usb all together, if your still getting original sound, your not hooked up properly.

You sir are correct! My fatal flaw was I installed new speakers and then I followed the Pinsound video instructions to every detail, including connecting the CN4 harness to the old speaker bundle and not the new speaker harness. Sometimes you have to be able to think for yourself and I blew it in this case. Thank you so much for the help.
Sincerely,
Ralph Wiggum

#5502 3 years ago
Quoted from Giebzilla:

You sir are correct! My fatal flaw was I installed new speakers and then I followed the Pinsound video instructions to every detail, including connecting the CN4 harness to the old speaker bundle and not the new speaker harness. Sometimes you have to be able to think for yourself and I blew it in this case. Thank you so much for the help.
Sincerely,
Ralph Wiggum

Bottoms line it you got it fixed! I got the exact same kit and it’s great. You can load both sound files and switch between them using the knob on the headphone adapter. Dial in your EQ on the pinsound board and it will help the sound quality.

Glad it worked, glad I could help.

Enjoy!

#5503 3 years ago

Glad to find this club. I need to figure out how to post a new topic but this is just for fun so...

Responded to my 4th TSPP Facebook ad in the last month. Kept getting jerked around by people and didn’t like the 2 I looked at.

Went yesterday after a little bidding war - or so the seller told me - and found the holy grail for me! Climate controlled basement, filtered air, professionally cleaned house - still had extra set of keys in machine, all paperwork in original envelopes, owner had index card with cleaning and battery schedule, even changed pinballs every couple years despite the fact he said “he never played it”.

I was pretty excited - cannot find a scratch or a wear mark on it beside the slightest little chip on the black painted wood to the left of the shooter lane. It’s just immaculate. I love this machine.

Got curious late last night and learned how to track the total games played. Truly HUO after 17 years.

Going to balance the machine today (my game room floor has dip) and change batteries even though he did. Plays amazing. This game is hard!!

Great forum - thanks

129FE45C-B9BD-4290-8905-F14241D06A86 (resized).jpeg129FE45C-B9BD-4290-8905-F14241D06A86 (resized).jpegD42693FC-08E0-48C1-8455-D8F64B259CC9 (resized).jpegD42693FC-08E0-48C1-8455-D8F64B259CC9 (resized).jpegE5180C8A-96B9-42BC-A233-4882D266D4D6 (resized).jpegE5180C8A-96B9-42BC-A233-4882D266D4D6 (resized).jpegE7662D2B-8560-4994-8CD4-6F4B34F632A6 (resized).jpegE7662D2B-8560-4994-8CD4-6F4B34F632A6 (resized).jpeg

#5504 3 years ago

I gotta brag a bit here. AFter having TSPP for 4 years now, I've finally gotten the Springfield Secret Spot...right after Alien Attack Frenzy! What a rush! 129,000,000+
I got it by winning 4 extra balls with Ramps, Mystery awards, and some other way that I didn't recognize.
I never cracked 90M before, or finished Alien Frenzy...locking 5 balls...before this.
Woo Hoo! Dont give up! Never give in!

#5505 3 years ago

I got the alien invasion yesterday too. No idea what the hell I was doing. Said lock balls or press start to release them. Was a lot of fun but would have been better with some direction.

#5506 3 years ago

I lent my friend TSPP a year ago and I am really missing it lol. Should I get it back and lend him another game or should I just buy another TSPP?

#5507 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I gotta brag a bit here. AFter having TSPP for 4 years now, I've finally gotten the Springfield Secret Spot...right after Alien Attack Frenzy! What a rush! 129,000,000+
I got it by winning 4 extra balls with Ramps, Mystery awards, and some other way that I didn't recognize.
I never cracked 90M before, or finished Alien Frenzy...locking 5 balls...before this.
Woo Hoo! Dont give up! Never give in!

I get to alien invasion frequently, but I’ve never beaten it. Best I’ve done is lock 4 balls. But, my high score is 235 mil.

One way to make the game just a little harder is to change the default setting for lighting the tv mode to hit the krusty loop instead of automatically lighting it at the start of each ball.

#5508 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I get to alien invasion frequently, but I’ve never beaten it. Best I’ve done is lock 4 balls. But, my high score is 235 mil.
One way to make the game just a little harder is to change the default setting for lighting the tv mode to hit the krusty loop instead of automatically lighting it at the start of each ball.

My machine is set that the TV mode is only a freebee on the first ball, otherwise Krusty is required.
How did you get 235? did you go thru the modes twice?
It seemed like when I finished AA that everything reset, and it was like a fresh game with no modes lit, not I$S, etc... How did you get 235? did you have to relight all the modes again? My game took all of 40 minutes to play. it was a grind, but a fun grind!

#5509 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I got the alien invasion yesterday too. No idea what the hell I was doing. Said lock balls or press start to release them. Was a lot of fun but would have been better with some direction.

It's a fun mode. lock 5 balls (you can mod the number of balls in the adjustments menu I think) either in I&S, or the couch, or in Otto. release them when you can with the start button, which in my limited experience only works once, and off you go....

#5510 3 years ago
Quoted from OGpinball:

Glad to find this club. I need to figure out how to post a new topic but this is just for fun so...
Responded to my 4th TSPP Facebook ad in the last month. Kept getting jerked around by people and didn’t like the 2 I looked at.
Went yesterday after a little bidding war - or so the seller told me - and found the holy grail for me! Climate controlled basement, filtered air, professionally cleaned house - still had extra set of keys in machine, all paperwork in original envelopes, owner had index card with cleaning and battery schedule, even changed pinballs every couple years despite the fact he said “he never played it”.
I was pretty excited - cannot find a scratch or a wear mark on it beside the slightest little chip on the black painted wood to the left of the shooter lane. It’s just immaculate. I love this machine.
Got curious late last night and learned how to track the total games played. Truly HUO after 17 years.
Going to balance the machine today (my game room floor has dip) and change batteries even though he did. Plays amazing. This game is hard!!
Great forum - thanks
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do yourself and the machine a favor and get the nvram and toss the batteries. Also make sure you have the latest tom.

#5511 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

My machine is set that the TV mode is only a freebee on the first ball, otherwise Krusty is required.
How did you get 235? did you go thru the modes twice?
It seemed like when I finished AA that everything reset, and it was like a fresh game with no modes lit, not I$S, etc... How did you get 235? did you have to relight all the modes again? My game took all of 40 minutes to play. it was a grind, but a fun grind!

No idea, but I frequently score over 100 mil, games are long, stock settings too. Super jackpots in couch multi ball help build the score. Completing modes and victory laps, especially when combined with a mb, score multiplier, etc. i have been through the modes twice in one game. But that damn AI I can’t complete and I have my game since 2003!

#5512 3 years ago

Hi all
Anyone done a powdercoated pink side rails/legs/lockdown etc? Darker pink.
Before you crucify my this is my daughters machine and I’m about to put the alternate artwork on the cabinet which is heavy in pink donuts. Got the pink donut shooter and access to pink T-Molding for the backbox

#5513 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’m about to put the alternate artwork on the cabinet which is heavy in pink donuts.

I haven't seen this. Any chance you have pictures?

Thanks!

#5514 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Hi all
Before you crucify my this is my daughters machine and I’m about to put the alternate artwork on the cabinet which is heavy in pink donuts. Got the pink donut shooter and access to pink T-Molding for the backbox

I have seen pink before. Check the photos of this thread. I think it looks better than the yellow. Might be in the powder coating thread.

#5515 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

No idea, but I frequently score over 100 mil, games are long, stock settings too. Super jackpots in couch multi ball help build the score. Completing modes and victory laps, especially when combined with a mb, score multiplier, etc. i have been through the modes twice in one game. But that damn AI I can’t complete and I have my game since 2003!

I'm in a similar boat. Get to AI and SMS relatively often, but have only beaten it twice. It was super anti-climatic, sadly. Just a quick animation and off it went.

At the risk of sounding obvious, the key delta for me between a good game and an OK one is maximizing extra ball opportunities. The further you get into a game, the more the score opens up.

For example, you have 45+ seconds of free gameplay in AI, so if you can bring something like Secret Stash or Daredevil Mania into AI, the points really jump quickly.

I emphasize starting Couch MB as early as possible, with further emphasis on getting that first super jackpot to get an extra ball. Ideally, I try to do that with a mode or two running so I can complete those and get victory laps once I've secured the extra ball.

I also try to select Duffman as one of my early TV modes, as 10 ramp shots lights extra ball so you can double-dip progress.

Finally, my replay score is currently 24M, so once I've completed some of these initial tasks I'm usually in that ballpark.

That makes 3 decently obtainable extra balls that help you get further into the game.

Hope that helps!

#5516 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Hi all

Coincidence. I just sent my TSPP parts to the powder coater to get done in donuts pink with light sparkles. I’ll post pics when I get them back.

#5517 3 years ago

^^ can’t wait

#5518 3 years ago

Sigh. I am experiencing the weak garage door. I’ve recently upgraded the coil to the one in the SB, but the door won’t open after maybe the first few times. Verified nothing is blocking it. The plunger feels a little warm though under the coil, so maybe that’s the issue...I’m really irritated by this haha

#5519 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

Sigh. I am experiencing the weak garage door. I’ve recently upgraded the coil to the one in the SB, but the door won’t open after maybe the first few times. Verified nothing is blocking it. The plunger feels a little warm though under the coil, so maybe that’s the issue...I’m really irritated by this haha

What does the end of the plunger look like where it touches the garage door? does it have a flat side from wear, or is it perfectly round? If it has a flat side, sand it so it is round again. That will buy you some time until you will need to replace it.

#5520 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

What does the end of the plunger look like where it touches the garage door? does it have a flat side from wear, or is it perfectly round? If it has a flat side, sand it so it is round again. That will buy you some time until you will need to replace it.

It’s rounded. I feel like the coil is getting weak, it’s brand new though. It will work for a few times then it stops.

#5521 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

It’s rounded. I feel like the coil is getting weak, it’s brand new though. It will work for a few times then it stops.

Think i fixed it, the alignment of that mech is kinda weird. Took some adjusting. Seems to be working well now

#5522 3 years ago

So last night I got to “Springfield’s Mystery Spot” where the flippers are reversed.... I tried to play without switching my arms, but found it to be almost impossible to play the mode without switching my arms. I have no idea how I got to that that mode, but it was crazy fun...

#5523 3 years ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

So last night I got to “Springfield’s Mystery Spot” where the flippers are reversed.... I tried to play without switching my arms, but found it to be almost impossible to play the mode without switching my arms. I have no idea how I got to that that mode, but it was crazy fun...

You get to that mode by lighting and collecting Otto 10 times, then shooting Otto once more.

Here's a link to a rules diagram I made. This is a pretty complex pin

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pf9hwkgrsiu959v/TSPP%20Rules%20v3.1.pdf?dl=0

#5524 3 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

You get to that mode by lighting and collecting Otto 10 times, then shooting Otto once more.

Awesome diagram. Thanks!

#5525 3 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

TV Mode says "Right Ramp (Krusty)"
Double Scoring mode says "Right Ramp (Moe's)"

TV Mode Should say "Right Ramp (Moe's)"

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

1 week later
#5526 3 years ago

Any word on when Baptiste will be dropping his Pinsound mix? Thanks.

#5527 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Hi!

I couldn’t release the mix as planned at the end of December for various personal setbacks.
this time it's coming soon, in February.
I am thinking of announcing the date this WE.

thank you for your patience

#5528 3 years ago
Quoted from Baptiste:

Hi!

I couldn’t release the mix as planned at the end of December for various personal setbacks.
this time it's coming soon, in February.
I am thinking of announcing the date this WE.

thank you for your patience

Awesome!

I am *SO* looking forward to this!

#5529 3 years ago

I have a weird issue that just started. Played a game, all was fine. During my second game my right two upper right flippers stayed stuck up. I turned the game off, they came down.

Powered up the game again and all the flippers were down. Hit the start buttons and the upper two right flippers went to the up position.

No idea where to look and what might be causing it. I have about 50 games since any new mods that I put on. Any idea what I can check? I’m new to pins so any lament terms are appreciated. Thank you!!

FB022EA9-F5E5-4E7C-8A87-87D30C77998F (resized).jpegFB022EA9-F5E5-4E7C-8A87-87D30C77998F (resized).jpeg
#5530 3 years ago

Have you checked the cabinet switch gap? The outer switch in the stack controls those two flippers.

#5531 3 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Have you checked the cabinet switch gap? The outer switch in the stack controls those two flippers.

Thanks for the post. I have not checked that. The only thing I have tried so far is removing the alligator clips from my pinstadiums (someone else’s suggestion)

Is this what I should be looking at?

Side note... love Albuquerque, my older pro played semi-pro hockey there for a few years. Beautiful city.

#5532 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Thanks for the post. I have not checked that. The only thing I have tried so far is removing the alligator clips from my pinstadiums (someone else’s suggestion)
Is this what I should be looking at?

Side note... love Albuquerque, my older pro played semi-pro hockey there for a few years. Beautiful city.

Pinstadiums will have no effect on the flippers, there are no optos to interfere with. Since only the upper flippers go up and the lower doesn't, the switch stack is probably the culprit. Lift your playfield, and look at the area where the right flipper button is. There is a stack of leaf switches there that control the right side flippers. One part of the stack controls the lower flipper, the other part control the upper two flippers. If the gap is too close on one the stacks, you could see the behavior you are experiencing.

#5533 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Pinstadiums will have no effect on the flippers, there are no optos to interfere with. Since only the upper flippers go up and the lower doesn't, the switch stack is probably the culprit. Lift your playfield, and look at the area where the right flipper button is. There is a stack of leaf switches there that control the right side flippers. One part of the stack controls the lower flipper, the other part control the upper two flippers. If the gap is too close on one the stacks, you could see the behavior you are experiencing.

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation. I’m going to take a look this afternoon.

#5534 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation. I’m going to take a look this afternoon.

You don't even have to look at the flipper leaf switches. You can just go into switch test mode and push the flipper button to see if the flipper button registers. If it registers, it's not the leaf switch. If it doesnt register, then the next step is to look at the leaf switches.

#5535 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You don't even have to look at the flipper leaf switches. You can just go into switch test mode and push the flipper button to see if the flipper button registers. If it registers, it's not the leaf switch. If it doesnt register, then the next step is to look at the leaf switches.

Even though my bottom flipper right flipper is working fine? I will go into switch test mode and try it ou.

#5536 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Even though my bottom flipper right flipper is working fine? I will go into switch test mode and try it ou.

Yes. When you play a game, if you lightly press the flipper button, only the lower flipper will move. A full press of the button and they will all move. It’s that full press you want to test. Try it on your working left flippers.

#5537 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes. When you play a game, if you lightly press the flipper button, only the lower flipper will move. A full press of the button and they will all move. It’s that full press you want to test. Try it on your working left flippers.

The left flippers don't stage on tspp

#5538 3 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

The left flippers don't stage on tspp

Ok, so if his upper right flippers are locking on, but not the lower right, it’s not the leaf switches. I suggested transistors in another thread.

#5539 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Hello everyone,

I just announced that, except major technical problem, I would post my mix on February 24 (of this year Lol ...). I'd do a more complete post at the time. See you soon!

#5540 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Alright I thought this would be simple enough but I couldn’t even do this. I made it to the switch test section and I can see what engages as I touch different targets on the play field I can see a new dot appear in one of the vacant squares on the grid and an explication of that switch in the description.

However when I hit either of the flipper buttons, nothing would happen. Regardless of wether the coin door was open or not.

The other switch menu said Switch Test and said (None) underneath.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again
10641859-6573-4762-9C4E-20CDC98102FD (resized).jpeg10641859-6573-4762-9C4E-20CDC98102FD (resized).jpeg

#5541 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Alright I thought this would be simple enough but I couldn’t even do this. I made it to the switch test section and I can see what engages as I touch different targets on the play field I can see a new dot appear in one of the vacant squares on the grid and an explication of that switch in the description.
However when I hit either of the flipper buttons, nothing would happen. Regardless of wether the coin door was open or not.
The other switch menu said Switch Test and said (None) underneath.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks again
[quoted image]

Post a picture of both of your flipper switch stacks.

#5542 3 years ago

Can I join the "no Homer's" club?! Picked this up today!

Which pin blades does everyone use? Also, what about backbox lighting? What does everyone use?

What about for cabinet decals? What do you recommend? The only thing wrong with this machine is it needs new cabinet decals.

Lastly, I have a ColorDMD LCD in both my #NF and #T2 but am wondering if people use LCD or LED on #TSPP?

Thanks!

20210216_192222 (resized).jpg20210216_192222 (resized).jpg

#5543 3 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Can I join the "no Homer's" club?! Picked this up today!
Which pin blades does everyone use? Also, what about backbox lighting? What does everyone use?
What about for cabinet decals? What do you recommend? The only thing wrong with this machine is it needs new cabinet decals.
Lastly, I have a ColorDMD LCD in both my #NF and #T2 but am wondering if people use LCD or LED on #TSPP?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

ColorDMD LCD in TSPP looks great. You get the options with all the different modes.
Congrats on the pickup!

#5544 3 years ago

Wow that was incredibly simple.

Turns out the metal flipper button nut fell off and was acting as a conductor for the switch.

Thanks again for all the help!!

D34B81BC-A480-42D3-B5F1-F5873558ACAC (resized).jpegD34B81BC-A480-42D3-B5F1-F5873558ACAC (resized).jpeg
#5545 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Wow that was incredibly simple.
Turns out the metal flipper button nut fell off and was acting as a conductor for the switch.
Thanks again for all the help!!
[quoted image]

That gap looks a little tight.... LOL

doh.gifdoh.gif
#5546 3 years ago

Followup question... where did that nut come from? Did someone double up the nuts (giggity) on your machine? I see there is already one there, and it is installed backwards.

#5547 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Followup question... where did that nut come from? Did someone double up the nuts (giggity) on your machine? I see there is already one there, and it is installed backwards.

I think the nut is supposed to dig into the wood. My new Stern has the nuts that way.

#5548 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I think the nut is supposed to dig wood. My new Stern has the nuts that way.

Interesting..... I have taken apart a ton of arcade cabs, and the nut was always facing the other direction. All my Chuck E Cheese pins had the nut facing the other direction too....

Either way, there was only one on there.....

#5549 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Interesting..... I have taken apart a ton of arcade cabs, and the nut was always facing the other direction. All my Chuck E Cheese pins had the nut facing the other direction too....
Either way, there was only one on there.....

Yes. All my others from all different manufacturers are the other way. Maybe Stern changed their minds.

I never had one come off.

#5550 3 years ago

Mine has two nuts jammed together.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 218.00
$ 16.00
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/111?hl=cjchand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.