(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 146.
#5451 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

The small ramp behind the garage door leading to the upper playfield is very prone to breakage. Check for cabinet wear around the buttons, worn out itchy and sratchy hole and the shooter lane.

Just to add to this point, yes these are all common wear areas, but there are easy ways to fix (or at least conceal & protect) these areas if the damage is mainly cosmetic, so don't let these issues deter you from buying a game if that is all that's wrong with it. It's a great game, so many of them spent a loooong time on route.

#5452 3 years ago

Indeed the garage ramp cracks. It's almost a given that it's damaged. I suspect the couch weld (the part under the couch that's hard to see) usually breaks, too, if not reinforced. (Later-run games probably have the re-enforcement from the factory.)

It's not too hard to install the protector onto the garage ramp, and it's readily available, but it does mean taking off the upper playfield. Dealing with the couch weld is not hard, either. I can't remember if fixing this involved taking the upper playfield off, but I don't think so. Parts are available, except the garage ramp, which I think is NLA.

In both cases, if the features work, you'll probably be OK.

Flipper button wear is basically a given for games around this era, although a nice home-use example might be better.

#5453 3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback guys. Much appreciated!

#5454 3 years ago
Quoted from ts4z:

Parts are available, except the garage ramp, which I think is NLA.

I find it weird that this isnt available given how much they break and how many of these machines are out there.

#5455 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

The small ramp behind the garage door leading to the upper playfield is very prone to breakage. Check for cabinet wear around the buttons, worn out itchy and sratchy hole and the shooter lane.

Also the ramp on the left side near Comic Book Guy is prone to cracking as the edge of the plastic takes direct hits from the midfield flipper. mine cracked so I added Cliffyies, now it's better than new. Also make sure you check the VUK that kicks up to the upper playfield is in working order. Take off the glass, and roll a ball into the garage to see if it kicks the ball up to the living room. good luck, this is an incredible game.

#5456 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Also the ramp on the left side near Comic Book Guy is prone to cracking as the edge of the plastic takes direct hits from the midfield flipper. mine cracked so I added Cliffyies, now it's better than new. Also make sure you check the VUK that kicks up to the upper playfield is in working order. Take off the glass, and roll a ball into the garage to see if it kicks the ball up to the living room. good luck, this is an incredible game.

Thanks for your response. I’ll make sure to check these items.

#5457 3 years ago

My wife and daughter had this made for me of our family. Needless to say I wont be selling my TSPP anytime soon. Love it!

IMG_4998 (resized).JPGIMG_4998 (resized).JPG
#5458 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

My wife and daughter had this made for me of our family. Needless to say I wont be selling my TSPP anytime soon. Love it!
[quoted image]

Cool. My wife had a similar one done of us in our game room, including our dog.

FF4DFF8A-2182-4FEF-B5C9-1EB568491B3D (resized).jpegFF4DFF8A-2182-4FEF-B5C9-1EB568491B3D (resized).jpeg
#5459 3 years ago

These pictures are great! I wouldn’t mind one but my wife thinks they’re creepy. If she changes her mind, do you have a link to the company that makes them?

#5460 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

My wife and daughter had this made for me of our family.

Quoted from Lermods:

Cool. My wife had a similar one done of us in our game room, including our dog.

These are both AWESOME!

#5461 3 years ago

I spent today installing Cliffys on the ramps and around the itchy and scratchy hole. It required more disassembly than I expected but I got it done. This was my first time taking the upper playfield off. I also installed a Pinsound Plus board and an Itchy and Scratchy TV mod!

#5462 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I spent today installing Cliffys on the ramps and around the itchy and scratchy hole. It required more disassembly than I expected but I got it done. This was my first time taking the upper playfield off. I also installed a Pinsound Plus board and an Itchy and Scratchy TV mod!

Nice work. I did the same with a complete Clilffy set recently too. the I&S was a bit tedious, but not hard. the Garage ramp was a bit more technical but not hard. the toughest one was the treehouse ramp protector because of the difficulty of getting to that one nut near CBG. I'm real happy I put 'em all in!

#5463 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Nice work. I did the same with a complete Clilffy set recently too. the I&S was a bit tedious, but not hard. the Garage ramp was a bit more technical but not hard. the toughest one was the treehouse ramp protector because of the difficulty of getting to that one nut near CBG. I'm real happy I put 'em all in!

I ended up completely removing the treehouse ramp to get the protector on that one. I could not get the two screws off by the comic book guy without removing it.

#5464 3 years ago
Quoted from Baptiste:

Hello everyone !!
I present you here my Pinsound Mix for the Simpsons Pinball Party TSPP Stern that I will post at the end of December 2020. More than a year of work, with more than 10 seasons studied and viewed, for a pinball machine that deserved it! I still have a few settings to make before uploading.
The video link is in order to make you discover the rendering, without revealing everything.
- there are many alternate voices in the missions already shown here.
- I don't show: disaster, monorail, Krusty's nightmare, APU gift, Captain Grant
- No triggering of children Cletus, Krusty, neither "good bonus" nor "bad bonus" (around twenty of alternate voices for each)
- Lots of surprises, humor ...
- Alternatives yet to be discovered: 10 Itchy and Scratcy starts, 3 couch multiball starting variants, 26 Moe ramps voices, 28 end game musics, etc, etc ...
Over a year of research and source file work. But it's a license that was worth it !!
I wish you a good viewing.
Released at the end of December 2020, and with the shaker functionality.
Just for information, it will also be in French voice (video link too).
For anecdote, and those who have a Batman Data East, it's me who made the OST mix
Good flip everyone !!
In Original OST voices :
In French OST voices :

Is this going to be released to the public soon? I don't see it as being available on the pinsound site. Thanks and Happy New Year!

#5465 3 years ago

Does anyone know of an alternate ROM for this game? Specifically, I’m thinking about things like storing “Champ” type scores like Cletus Champ, Scratchy’s Revenge Champ, etc.

Sure it’s never been done, but figured I would ask.

#5466 3 years ago

Any leads on a lock down bar? Mine is cosmetically damaged and I've had no luck finding one that fits. I've thought about powder coating it and the legs etc. but not sure if anyone in the NY area does it. Any ideas?

Thanks guys! Happy New Year

#5467 3 years ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

Any leads on a lock down bar? Mine is cosmetically damaged and I've had no luck finding one that fits. I've thought about powder coating it and the legs etc. but not sure if anyone in the NY area does it. Any ideas?
Thanks guys! Happy New Year

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=500-5757-02-00

#5468 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Is this going to be released to the public soon? I don't see it as being available on the pinsound site. Thanks and Happy New Year!

BUMP

#5469 3 years ago

I reached out to Baptiste (I think that's the right spelling), he said he got busy with work and should be sometime this month...fingers crossed...

#5470 3 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I reached out to Baptiste (I think that's the right spelling), he said he got busy with work and should be sometime this month...fingers crossed...

I *SO* can't wait for this! His AMAZING work is what got me to buy and install the PinSound board. To pass the time I've been watching the YouTube video.

#5471 3 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I *SO* can't wait for this! His AMAZING work is what got me to buy and install the PinSound board. To pass the time I've been watching the YouTube video.

Same here! $700 in Pinsound gear later, I’m ready for it!

#5472 3 years ago
Quoted from Jenkins:

Same here! $700 in Pinsound gear later, I’m ready for it!

Same... pin sound in hand, TSPP arriving Friday.

#5473 3 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Been enjoying Scandells work though and its pretty good...lots of really funny call outs...

#5474 3 years ago

Does anyone know if I need the latest Rom for pinsound? My Rom is on its way I’m v4 not 5. Should I wait for it or am I good to go?

I’m assuming I should be fine I didn’t see any requirements online.

#5475 3 years ago

Any updates on Scandells version or Baptist’s?

#5476 3 years ago
Quoted from xtravgiza:

Any updates on Scandells version or Baptist’s?

Scandell's is available, Babistist's is delayed but coming soon

#5478 3 years ago

Installation question...

My pin sound came with a USB drive that had 2 files on it.

Original Sound
Scandell Sound

Do I need to remove one of them before I put the USB in? It's been playing this funky elevator music for a while and saying its checking sound files. I'm thinking I need to pick one or the other.

Thanks

#5479 3 years ago

You should only have one loaded at a time.

#5480 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Installation question...
My pin sound came with a USB drive that had 2 files on it.
Original Sound
Scandell Sound
Do I need to remove one of them before I put the USB in? It's been playing this funky elevator music for a while and saying its checking sound files. I'm thinking I need to pick one or the other.
Thanks

I've done several at a time, it seems each time it starts it loads a new one...till they're all there and it will start normally. give it time ...you can switch between the two of them with the vol buttons/knob on the earphone jack

#5481 3 years ago

Sounds great thank you. I got it working with the scandal sound. I'm going to load the Original as well.

Another question about the pinsound. I installed the shaker, and it does nothing. Is there another file I need to add for that as well. I did notice that TSPP isn't in their list of current supported machines. AKA they don't have a file. Does anyone have one or am I waiting until they get one. I'm assuming after all this time it may not happen.

Just noticed that Batiste sound will have shaker integration. Woop

Thanks.

#5482 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Thanks.

I was going to mention this. Can't wait for his mix to come out.

#5483 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Sounds great thank you. I got it working with the scandal sound. I'm going to load the Original as well.
Another question about the pinsound. I installed the shaker, and it does nothing. Is there another file I need to add for that as well. I did notice that TSPP isn't in their list of current supported machines. AKA they don't have a file. Does anyone have one or am I waiting until they get one. I'm assuming after all this time it may not happen.
Thanks.

Apparently this is easy to add in the Pinsound studio program, but I've not delved into that program as of yet...too many other things to do...

#5484 3 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Apparently this is easy to add in the Pinsound studio program, but I've not delved into that program as of yet...too many other things to do...

Yeah I have no interest in that either. I will wait.

Thx

#5485 3 years ago

Okay pinstadium owners....

I’m need help. I think (hope) I blew a fuse. Upon installation I had a bunch of lights go out and I’m not sure what fuse or what else it might be.

The lights along the left side (where my alligator clips are connected are out.

No idea what fuse to check.

Thank you

7ADB17A7-5A74-4F07-80D6-8B8B6D9C4E19 (resized).jpeg7ADB17A7-5A74-4F07-80D6-8B8B6D9C4E19 (resized).jpeg
#5486 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Okay pinstadium owners....
I’m need help. I think (hope) I blew a fuse. Upon installation I had a bunch of lights go out and I’m not sure what fuse or what else it might be.
The lights along the left side (where my alligator clips are connected are out.
No idea what fuse to check.
Thank you[quoted image]

If you don't have it already, you're going to want to download a copy of the owner's manual: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/The_Simpsons_Manual.pdf

Check F24-27 to see which one blew. Fuse locations are on page 3 of the PDF.

But, make sure you undo whatever you did with your PinStadiums until you can figure out what caused the apparent short before you toss another fuse in there.

#5487 3 years ago

I have a manual was looking in the completely wrong area. Looks like it may be f25.

I ordered some fuses and should be here tomorrow.

Thank you

#5488 3 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

If you don't have it already, you're going to want to download a copy of the owner's manual: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/The_Simpsons_Manual.pdf
Check F24-27 to see which one blew. Fuse locations are on page 3 of the PDF.
But, make sure you undo whatever you did with your PinStadiums until you can figure out what caused the apparent short before you toss another fuse in there.

Fuse, fixed. Thank you! Pinstadium’s are great.

#5489 3 years ago

FYI got the pinsound and speaker upgrade. Underwhelmed.

The speakers look more powerful but the sound just isn’t there. The sub doesn’t do what a sub should do.

The sound was better pre installation. Maybe there’s a setting but I was expecting something a little more full. I have tried both Scandalls and pin sounds Simpsounds sound file. Feels like a waste of a good sub. Might put it in another machine.

I am a noob but an audiophile so I know something is a miss. Hopefully Babtiste’s is better.

#5490 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:FYI got the pinsound and speaker upgrade. Underwhelmed.
The speakers look more powerful but the sound just isn’t there. The sub doesn’t do what a sub should do.
The sound was better pre installation. Maybe there’s a setting but I was expecting something a little more full. I have tried both Scandalls and pin sounds Simpsounds sound file. Feels like a waste of a good sub. Might put it in another machine.
I am a noob but an audiophile so I know something is a miss. Hopefully Babtiste’s is better.

Yawn.

#5491 3 years ago

Your call outs are fantastic and really funny. My complaint is with the actual sound system. I expected it to sound 1/2 as good as my newer pin but it doesn’t sound better than what I had.

#5492 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Your call outs are fantastic and really funny. My complaint is with the actual sound system. I expected it to sound 1/2 as good as my newer pin but it doesn’t sound better than what I had.

The PinSound amp is pretty measly, from an audiophile standpoint. A lot of folks will run a line-level in to an external sub. Polk makes an inexpensive one that falls on Pinside use often.

Also, presume you’ve looked at this, but there’s an EQ on the PinSound board. Even the stock sounds sounded richer after some tweaking with those. I noticed a major difference after tweaking the EQ.

#5493 3 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

The PinSound amp is pretty measly, from an audiophile standpoint. A lot of folks will run a line-level in to an external sub. Polk makes an inexpensive one that falls on Pinside use often.
Also, presume you’ve looked at this, but there’s an EQ on the PinSound board. Even the stock sounds sounded richer after some tweaking with those. I noticed a major difference after tweaking the EQ.

I agree on the tweaking of the board....my sub (replacement) rocks the machine now....

#5494 3 years ago

Amazing suggestions. I will give that a shot, never noticed the EQ thought it would be in the pin settings.

#5495 3 years ago

Awesome suggestions. I never even noticed the EQ on the board. Duh!

I will have a look. Thank you!

#5496 3 years ago

I just paired a Pinsound board with Flipper Fidelity speakers and a line out to a Polk sub. The setup sounds fantastic. The external sub makes an enormous difference.

#5497 3 years ago

I played with the EQ. Massive improvement.

Sounds great, sounds full. Thanks for the tip!

#5498 3 years ago

Remember that little pinsound board is still only pushing 10-15 watts rms a channel... It'll never be audiophile quality.

Sub out to a psw10 will help greatly.

#5499 3 years ago

I could use a little help with my new Pinsound system. Like many others I am super excited about Scandell’s sound package and I went all in buying a full Pinsound system. My problem is that my board simultaneously plays Scandells file on the headphones and the original file through the cabinet speakers. I have found that if the USB drive only has the “Scandell” sound package files on it that the headphone station operates correctly but not the cabinet speakers. With the headphones I can hear the Pinsound installation prompts and then the Scandell sound package operates normally. During installation the speakers in the cabinet are silent and then when I play the pin the cabinet speakers play the “original” sound package. The original sound package is NOT loaded on the USB drive. WTF!? How is it possible that I can hear the Scandell sound package through the headphones while the original sound package plays through the cabinet speakers despite not being loaded on the USB drive?

I have emailed Pinsound support a few times but I have not received a reply on this issue. Thank you for any suggestions from other users!

#5500 3 years ago
Quoted from Giebzilla:

I could use a little help with my new Pinsound system. Like many others I am super excited about Scandell’s sound package and I went all in buying a full Pinsound system. My problem is that my board simultaneously plays Scandells file on the headphones and the original file through the cabinet speakers. I have found that if the USB drive only has the “Scandell” sound package files on it that the headphone station operates correctly but not the cabinet speakers. With the headphones I can hear the Pinsound installation prompts and then the Scandell sound package operates normally. During installation the speakers in the cabinet are silent and then when I play the pin the cabinet speakers play the “original” sound package. The original sound package is NOT loaded on the USB drive. WTF!? How is it possible that I can hear the Scandell sound package through the headphones while the original sound package plays through the cabinet speakers despite not being loaded on the USB drive?
I have emailed Pinsound support a few times but I have not received a reply on this issue. Thank you for any suggestions from other users!

I just installed mine a couple days ago and other than EQ issues it went without a hitch.

The only thing I would do is check your connections from the pinsound to the pin. Almost seems like you haven’t moved the speaker sound from the pin to the pinsound system.

If you follow the red green(I think) speaker wires, make sure the harness they attach to are not plugged into the Simpsons pin board.

Remove the usb all together, if your still getting original sound, your not hooked up properly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/110?hl=gotfrogs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.