Topic Stats

• 5,213 posts
  • 525 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by shiffdog
  • Topic is favorited by 230 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,173 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3309 (resized).JPG
IMG_20200803_172731 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200803_172719 (resized).jpg
61748168017__70815519-6ACF-4B73-BECF-7DC1FEA0408B (resized).jpeg
A0D68876-1930-4073-9648-8863380838AC (resized).jpeg
ACA2DF20-D27C-42C8-B9FD-A5B6E1DB6D2C (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200724_213531985 (resized).jpg
TSPPpin (resized).png
1DAD4D72-F2CE-49B6-A19F-D22A77DB4FE5 (resized).jpeg
3D10FBF1-4CD4-41CE-931C-F093D5A2C5D6 (resized).jpeg
3741CF5C-6136-4A22-8DA0-34448314306C (resized).jpeg
552DF7F9-C717-4A90-89AE-C350720A64D5 (resized).jpeg
A2229329-7606-4258-B5D2-B2AAA1BE5DBB (resized).jpeg
4A3E60C9-A32C-4416-BB5D-5E7DB2583194 (resized).jpeg
46AC71E6-1F8E-4525-9767-D7CB850C05AD (resized).jpeg
57A30AF3-F6B1-450B-8770-128ED0B91B71 (resized).jpeg

There are 5213 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 105.
#501 5 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Who makes those aliens? I want!

Its from playmates,you find it on eBay

#502 5 years ago
Quoted from a3aan:

Oh, and I make pinball models too (hope you don't mind me plugging them) - here's one of the TSPP :

No worries about the plug, but share where we can get more info about them please.

#503 5 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Just installed my TV from sparkypinball.com Love it!
» YouTube video
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7sy4ibz8ozbcb1t/TSPP%20%20DMD%20install.pdf?dl=0
Here's a link to some instructions. The install was easy.

I've been sending out written instructions without pics because I don't own a TSPP. Sed6 was kind enough to take some install pics and add them to the instructions. I'll be sending these out from now on, and besides his dropbox link, I should have them on my website soon, as well.

Thanks for posting the video! Even though the flicker is still present from the camera, that's a great video!

#504 5 years ago

Just installed Sparky's TV. Awesome mod!
20141001_180105.jpg

20141001_184946-160.jpg
I used a star post to float the tv over the kick out hole.

#505 5 years ago
Quoted from eastthunderhead:

Just installed Sparky's TV. Awesome mod!

I used a star post to float the tv over the kick out hole.

Very cool!

#506 5 years ago

Looks good, I might be worried about the drops resetting and throwing a ball straight up into it.

#507 5 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Looks good, I might be worried about the drops resetting and throwing a ball straight up into it.

That's a good point. If that were mine I'd either run a post with t-nut through the PF or cut a clear piece of plastic and install it under the plastic under the post that holds the TV. I could see repeated minor hits or a really bad hit cracking the PF plastic. Better safe than sorry.

#508 5 years ago

TSPP (and other models) - http://tinypin.nl

Garage problem - I removed the upper playfield and rerouted some wires - which solved the problem (they probably were hanging a bit inside the ramp, blocking the ball)

#509 5 years ago

Thanks, Cb and Sed. I've had no issues, new location is working very well.

1 week later
#510 5 years ago

I havent played my TSPP regularly in quite some time and I'm finding it annoyingly harder than usual to make the couch shot, i dont think its time for a flipper rebuild yet... do superbands help?

Appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

#511 5 years ago

Flipper rebuild solved the problem for me.

#512 5 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Flipper rebuild solved the problem for me.

laaaaammmeee. for someone who has never done a rebuild b4, is there a particular place/kit you recommend getting to do it?

#513 5 years ago

Most of the normal places sell them - marco is where I go.

Flipper rebuilds aren't too hard. Just make sure you properly set the gap and alignment. There is a thread all about flipper rebuilds here on Pinside.

#514 5 years ago

Just curious what you guys have done for the post sleeves when changing rubbers? The 1 1/16th rubbers are noticeably thinner and when replaced with new normal sized post rubbers the ball will actually get stuck coming out of the pop bumpers.

#515 5 years ago

When I did mine I noticed the same thing. I just put the original rubbers on the left and right post near the pop bumper.

1 month later
#516 5 years ago

any suggestions any1 as to who makes a good quality model of this machine and others ,spotted a real nice pic of one with a 9 volt battery next to it on a post other day but cant find that topic as i forgot to add it to favourites ,guys username started with an 'a' is all i remember, thanks all

#517 5 years ago
Quoted from peaceboy666:

any suggestions any1 as to who makes a good quality model of this machine and others ,spotted a real nice pic of one with a 9 volt battery next to it on a post other day but cant find that topic as i forgot to add it to favourites ,guys username started with an 'a' is all i remember, thanks all

The guy posted about 8 lines up from you. The model is Tiny Pin and they can be found here: http://tinypin.nl/tp/
They look great. I've been thinking about getting one myself.

#518 5 years ago

Any quick tips on getting sound back on the game? Turned it on, no dong, no sound. Game plays perfectly, just silently. Checked the cable seating -all good. No obvious fuse burns.

#519 5 years ago

Count me in...great game, deep rules, and very challenging! Unfortunately, mine has ball hang ups in the garage which is very annoying. Anyone else with this problem have a suitable fix?

#520 5 years ago

macro is finally stocking the ramp from the garage to the VUK - been out of stock for a while. Easy to remove the miniplayfield and check it - just 3 "thumb screws" and lift up.

Now I've solved that, someone help me with my silent game!

#521 5 years ago

Thanks...can I modify the existing ramp without replacing? My game is HUO with less than 2000 plays so I hate to change a new ramp due to design flaw.

2 weeks later
#522 5 years ago

Anyone happen to have a spare Stern flipper switch -double leaf one for right side- they want to sell? Pinball Life shipping for one item is a killer. New if possible please - the one we have is gimping out, the second contact for the upper flipper doesn't like to stay working even after cleaning/filing it doesn't make consistent electrical contact. PM if so, thanks! EDIT: looks like we have a winner - good to go here

#523 5 years ago

My poor TSPP has blown something on the sound board. Suddenly, zero sound on the machine. Having it looked at by Beaky, our local expert, but he hasn't identified the problem yet. Anyone else has this happened? I'm missing the entire Simpson family.

#524 5 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

My poor TSPP has blown something on the sound board. Suddenly, zero sound on the machine. Having it looked at by Beaky, our local expert, but he hasn't identified the problem yet. Anyone else has this happened? I'm missing the entire Simpson family.

Give stern a call, they will happily help you out. When i bought mine, i had a few issues that they helped me diagnose. Great customer services "IMO"

#525 5 years ago

I just had my best game on TSPP. The game told me I had Mystery Spot "lit", but I had no idea what I was supposed to shoot to start it.

Such fantastic game!

#526 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I just had my best game on TSPP. The game told me I had Mystery Spot "lit", but I had no idea what I was supposed to shoot to start it.
Such fantastic game!

Shot Otto one more time!
Springfield mystery spot where everything is all backwards.

#527 5 years ago

can any one tell me, in the lower part of the playfield where its got all the simpsons characters driving in the car , and theres lights that light up there faces from underneath the playfield, I was playing and had one or 2 characters that stayed on, I was having a very long game that scored quite well, and was wondering if I did anything special to keep there faces lit, and how I did it??? because there definatly not on all the time!! any help will be great.. thanx..

#528 5 years ago

u get 1 light for getting super jackpot in couch during couch multiball and when u get all 5 u get 1 of 6 parts towards wizard mode

#529 5 years ago
Quoted from peaceboy666:

u get 1 light for getting super jackpot in couch during couch multiball and when u get all 5 u get 1 of 6 parts towards wizard mode

ahhh!!! cool thanks for that, wow its a mission to get them up on the couch during multiball but I have done it once or twice, omg ,so when you get all 5 you get 1 of six parts towards wizard mode! that's insane im never going to get close... thanx for the info , has anyone got close to the wizard??

#530 5 years ago

I've made it to the mystery spot twice, and alien invasion once. Wasn't able to complete either though. My first Pin, and I love it. Although I know that I'll never make it to the impossible wizard mode.

However, I already want a second pin to go next to it. This is an addicting hobby

#531 5 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

ahhh!!! cool thanks for that, wow its a mission to get them up on the couch during multiball but I have done it once or twice, omg ,so when you get all 5 you get 1 of six parts towards wizard mode! that's insane im never going to get close... thanx for the info , has anyone got close to the wizard??

Yeah, this game is insanely deep.... It takes a good 6 months to really understand and appreciate everything it has to offer.

The closest I usually get to Wizard is 3 to 4 modes. Alien Invasion isn't too tough to get to (finishing can be another story).... My hangup usually comes from the Super jackpots to the couch. I can usually get 3 or 4 of them, but it is tough. Lots of cradling on the lower to focus on the upper.

I am just glad Pretzel Multiball isn't one of the requirements towards the wizard. I have only managed to get that twice in 10 years of on and off playing.

#532 5 years ago

yeah I hear you, ive never seen pretzel multiball but hope to one day , and im not banking on it any time soon, I think the most Cletus kids I got was 13, still along way to go...

#533 5 years ago

I finally got to pretzel a few weeks back. Unfortunately I was 1 Otto short of mystery spot and of course that was the next shot I hit so I didn't really get to see what pretzel was all about.

#534 5 years ago

Love the machine, still can't understand why it's rated so low. It should be top 5 in my opinion.

I posted this 6 weeks ago when it happened. Probably the single greatest pinball game I have ever or will ever play:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-duper-mega-extreme-wizard-modeclub

#535 5 years ago
Quoted from HFK:

I finally got to pretzel a few weeks back. Unfortunately I was 1 Otto short of mystery spot and of course that was the next shot I hit so I didn't really get to see what pretzel was all about.

That's heart breaking!!!!!!! next time gadget ,next time!!!!!!

#536 5 years ago

I have nothing to do but bump this thread and once again pimp the best girlfriend ever.

I had a very merry Xmas courtesy of a lovely lady that decided I needed my grail as my first pin.20141223_143652.jpg

Now to read back through 11 pages of info about this beast of a table. Just watched the papa video and am just in awe of how little I knew about it going in.

#537 5 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

I have nothing to do but bump this thread and once again pimp the best girlfriend ever.
I had a very merry Xmas courtesy of a lovely lady that decided I needed my grail as my first pin.
Now to read back through 11 pages of info about this beast of a table. Just watched the papa video and am just in awe of how little I knew about it going in.

20141223_143652.jpg 185 KB

You did what to your girlfriend?

Seriously though, congrats on a great start at the hobby.

#538 5 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

You did what to your girlfriend?
Seriously though, congrats on a great start at the hobby.

LOL.. yea.. I'm guessing autocorrect did a number on his post.

#539 5 years ago

Pimp, pump, primp, pamper.... what have you.

Stoked to join the club one way or the other. She's a catch and a half.

1 week later
#540 5 years ago

My Otto ball eject has been acting weird ever since I shopped out my TSPP and upgraded to version 5.0

Often times it will eject the ball too strongly and the ball will bounce back in the hole.
On the next try it might eject the ball too weak and it won't get in the lane at all

The game will do that a few times before abandoning and show an error on coil 19.
Then the ball search will kick in and restart the process again until the coil manages to properly eject the ball into the lane.

Anybody had a similar experience like this ?

#541 5 years ago

I had the same issue. I reflowed the solder on the coil connections and that worked.

#542 5 years ago

Some advice on trouble shooting for a complete noob?

It's intermittent, but occasionally a ball will enter behind the TV and not get ejected until the machine goes into ball search mode. If I'm remembering right, it's almost always during a multiball, or when a TV mode is already active but the next TV mode hasn't been re-lit. If there's a single ball, and TV mode is lit - the mode starts as expected and the ball is released.

However, if I subsequently hit it back into the TV prior to relighting the start TV Mode light, it will frequently just hold the ball until the search starts. During a multiball, the ball will stay there until it's the only ball remaining and the search starts. Both of these cases really screws you on the timer, of course.

#543 5 years ago

Some advice on trouble shooting for a complete noob?
It's intermittent, but occasionally a ball will enter behind the TV and not get ejected until the machine goes into ball search mode. If I'm remembering right, it's almost always during a multiball, or when a TV mode is already active but the next TV mode hasn't been re-lit. If there's a single ball, and TV mode is lit - the mode starts as expected and the ball is released.
However, if I subsequently hit it back into the TV prior to relighting the start TV Mode light, it will frequently just hold the ball until the search starts. During a multiball, the ball will stay there until it's the only ball remaining and the search starts. Both of these cases really screws you on the timer, of course.

There is a switch right under the right side of the TV where the ball rests. I would start there, pull the glass, go into switch test mode, and manually loop a ball in there. do that 20 times, does it register the ball every time? if not it might need to be adjusted. if it does, i'm stumped. but i'm kind of a n00b too.

#544 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

There is a switch right under the right side of the TV where the ball rests. I would start there, pull the glass, go into switch test mode, and manually loop a ball in there. do that 20 times, does it register the ball every time? if not it might need to be adjusted. if it does, i'm stumped. but i'm kind of a n00b too.

Thanks for the idea.

Forgot to mention. I did check the self diagnostic thing - came up clean. Went into the test active switch section, which brought up a grid/matrix, indicating that the ball trough switches were on as expected as well as the Bart skateboard for some reason. Reaching in and pressing the switch under the TV lit it up it's associated square in the grid immediately each time I pressed it.

Will play around with it more tomorrow when I have some free time.

#545 5 years ago

Thanks for the idea.
Forgot to mention. I did check the self diagnostic thing - came up clean. Went into the test active switch section, which brought up a grid/matrix, indicating that the ball trough switches were on as expected as well as the Bart skateboard for some reason. Reaching in and pressing the switch under the TV lit it up it's associated square in the grid immediately each time I pressed it.
Will play around with it more tomorrow when I have some free time.

Never test switches with your finger. Your finger can push a switch harder (and further) than a ball can. Try it again with a ball.

#546 5 years ago

Question for you fellas.

Do you like having everything set to factory mode, or have you gone harder with some of the aspects? I'm by no means a great player. I'd say better than a casual player, and maybe average for the game I own (and this is my first pin). However, I thought that getting to alien invasion was going to be too easy for on the factory setting. Wasn't a fan of the tv always being lit. I like having to hit the right loop in order to reactivate the TV. I wanted that to be something I only saw during a really good game. Which I've only seen once.

I do have the free game scores set to give me extra balls though, which might be a no no to some.

#547 5 years ago

When I factory reset in version 5 of the code, I am almost positive you have to hit the krusty orbit to relight the tv by default....

#548 5 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Never test switches with your finger. Your finger can push a switch harder (and further) than a ball can. Try it again with a ball.

Welp. Thanks for that info. Had no idea.

Quoted from kojak234:

Question for you fellas.
Do you like having everything set to factory mode, or have you gone harder with some of the aspects? I'm by no means a great player. I'd say better than a casual player, and maybe average for the game I own (and this is my first pin). However, I thought that getting to alien invasion was going to be too easy for on the factory setting. Wasn't a fan of the tv always being lit. I like having to hit the right loop in order to reactivate the TV. I wanted that to be something I only saw during a really good game. Which I've only seen once.
I do have the free game scores set to give me extra balls though, which might be a no no to some.

The table I recently got was still running 2.02, so I went through all of the settings after upgrading to 5. I left more or less everything at factory settings, except I think for using an adjustable ball save timer that changes depending on how well you're playing. And I set the tilt warnings to the maximum. I barely nudge things anyway, but want the option. Extra balls at replay are a no go. I need that knock sound even if it's not a tenth as cool sounding as a Williams knocker. (Do you get the knock sound with your extra ball? I actually have no idea.)

Oh. I also went with the 10 character input for high scores. Why not?

Quoted from ralphwiggum:

When I factory reset in version 5 of the code, I am almost positive you have to hit the krusty orbit to relight the tv by default....

Definitely. Just checked though, and the default setting does give you a lit TV shot at the start of each ball. Harder settings can make the right orbit shot needed to light it initially. Perhaps that's what Kojak was referring to.

Off to go throw balls into the couch until I can figure out what's happening.

#549 5 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Heed this advice. Finger was definitely pressing it harder.

Went into the switch test mode and just tossed a ball up there over and over. It's registering maybe 1 of 5 times. (edit - for the record, even pressing it by hand was no longer registering a closed switch every time.)

Also "played" a few games with the glass off, and there's definitely no rhyme or reason to it. Seems to read the hit properly when the TV mode is lit, but I was also getting it just sit there as well. Oddly enough, it would occasionally trigger the DMD animation for the start of the mode, but still hold the ball until the ball search routine before releasing it. I'm assuming the switch has to register as closed for a short period of time or something? I would have thought it was a 1/0 on or off type of thing.

So my completely uneducated guess is that I need to either clean the switch, or check the soldering for it? Which of course means pulling the upper playfield regardless? Anyone willing to weigh in on this before I start? Should I maybe just replace the switch entirely while I'm in there? (Also - someone please come hold my hand.)

#550 5 years ago

Definitely. Just checked though, and the default setting does give you a lit TV shot at the start of each ball. Harder settings can make the right orbit shot needed to light it initially. Perhaps that's what Kojak was referring to.
Off to go throw balls into the couch until I can figure out what's happening.

That must be what I saw. On hard it starts the game with the tv lit, and then you have to shoot the loop to restart it for the rest of the game.

No knocker on the extra ball which is a bummer, but I still like getting the extra ball since I'm in no need of credits.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
£ 12.00
Machine - For Sale
Plymouth, MN
There are 5213 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 105.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside