(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 146.
#5401 3 years ago

Baptiste is my friend and I'm lucky to have been following his work all this year and now to enjoy the soundtrack a bit before everyone else ... I promise this one is absolutely awesome of the French version. Hope you enjoy the English version!

#5402 3 years ago
Quoted from Baptiste:

Hello everyone !!
I present you here my Pinsound Mix for the Simpsons Pinball Party TSPP Stern that I will post at the end of December 2020. More than a year of work, with more than 10 seasons studied and viewed, for a pinball machine that deserved it! I still have a few settings to make before uploading.
The video link is in order to make you discover the rendering, without revealing everything.
- there are many alternate voices in the missions already shown here.
- I don't show: disaster, monorail, Krusty's nightmare, APU gift, Captain Grant
- No triggering of children Cletus, Krusty, neither "good bonus" nor "bad bonus" (around twenty of alternate voices for each)
- Lots of surprises, humor ...
- Alternatives yet to be discovered: 10 Itchy and Scratcy starts, 3 couch multiball starting variants, 26 Moe ramps voices, 28 end game musics, etc, etc ...
Over a year of research and source file work. But it's a license that was worth it !!
I wish you a good viewing.
Released at the end of December 2020, and with the shaker functionality.
Just for information, it will also be in French voice (video link too).
For anecdote, and those who have a Batman Data East, it's me who made the OST mix
Good flip everyone !!
In Original OST voices :
In French OST voices :

Awesome...been waiting on scandel's sound mix ....but this sounds awesome

#5403 3 years ago

Incredible! the sheer volume of call-outs you added is truly amazing.
Willthis require a ROM set update?
great work!

Quoted from Baptiste:

Hello everyone !!
I present you here my Pinsound Mix for the Simpsons Pinball Party TSPP Stern that I will post at the end of December 2020. More than a year of work, with more than 10 seasons studied and viewed, for a pinball machine that deserved it! I still have a few settings to make before uploading.
The video link is in order to make you discover the rendering, without revealing everything.
- No triggering of children Cletus, Krusty, neither "good bonus" nor "bad bonus" (around twenty of alternate voices for each)
- Alternatives yet to be discovered: 10 Itchy and Scratcy starts, 3 couch multiball starting variants, 26 Moe ramps voices, 28 end game musics, etc, etc ...
Over a year of research and source file work. But it's a license that was worth it !!
For anecdote, and those who have a Batman Data East, it's me who made the OST mix
Good flip everyone !!
In Original OST voices :
In French OST voices :

#5404 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Incredible! the sheer volume of call-outs you added is truly amazing.
Willthis require a ROM set update?
great work!

thanks StoneyCreek and monkfe for your compliments! In my Simpson pinball machine, I have the latest version of official rom set 5.0
It is the Pinsound+ card that makes all the changes

#5405 3 years ago

Wow. This is amazing. Will you be posting it on the pinsound site? Will there be a fee for the file? Merci.

#5406 3 years ago

Wow-This is really fantastic! Looking forward to your release of this Baptiste!

Now I need to order a Pinsound ASAP

Quoted from Baptiste:

Hello everyone !!
Good flip everyone !!
In Original OST voices :
In French OST voices :

#5407 3 years ago
Quoted from Baptiste:

Hello everyone !!
Good flip everyone !!
In Original OST voices :
In French OST voices :

woaaa!! This is the best everrr!!

#5408 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Wow. This is amazing. Will you be posting it on the pinsound site? Will there be a fee for the file? Merci.

Many thanks Gac; Jenkins; PinPeet for your positive feedback !! it gives me great pleasure !!

it will be available at the end of December on the pinsound community site in American and French voices. it will be free, because I obviously respect the principle of community sharing. Even if it was a huge job, it is to please myself and my French friends, and to share it for everyone's pleasure! I really enjoyed to play the Addams and Terminator 2 Pinsound mix, so i thus give my participation in the evolution of other pinball machines in return, like with the Batman and now the Simpsons

#5409 3 years ago
Quoted from Baptiste:

Many thanks Gac; Jenkins; PinPeet for your positive feedback !! it gives me great pleasure !!
it will be available at the end of December on the pinsound community site in American and French voices. it will be free, because I obviously respect the principle of community sharing. Even if it was a huge job, it is to please myself and my French friends, and to share it for everyone's pleasure! I really enjoyed to play the Addams and Terminator 2 Pinsound mix, so i thus give my participation in the evolution of other pinball machines in return, like with the Batman and now the Simpsons

Man... how great is this. What an awesome contribution to the pinball community.

#5410 3 years ago

Odd issue with my simpsons. Recently found out about the ability to restart the game after a ball but it seems to do whacky things with the sound.

Sometimes it'll play the opening couple of theme notes when I get it onto upper playfield.

Tonight I got to alien invasion. For the first time and almost immediately all the music and call outs cut out for it but the standard call outs where able to be heard.

Soundboard issue or bug with code?

#5411 3 years ago

I've gotten to Alien Invasion a few times now, and no audio issues. are you on 5.0 ROM?

Quoted from Jeffswack:

Odd issue with my simpsons. Recently found out about the ability to restart the game after a ball but it seems to do whacky things with the sound.
Sometimes it'll play the opening couple of theme notes when I get it onto upper playfield.
Tonight I got to alien invasion. For the first time and almost immediately all the music and call outs cut out for it but the standard call outs where able to be heard.
[quoted image]

#5412 3 years ago
Quoted from Baptiste:

Hello everyone !!

I present you here my Pinsound Mix for the Simpsons Pinball Party TSPP Stern that I will post at the end of December 2020.

This is *SO* awesome. Your hard work shows. I will be getting a pinsound board for sure now! Can't wait to load this into my TSPP!

#5413 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

[quoted image]

I had an issue where the game would reset after activating 5-6 TV modes at once. After I upgraded to the 5.0 roms that went away, havent had a reset since.

#5414 3 years ago

BAM! Dropping it early for your holiday fun!!

The Simpsons Custom PINSOUND Audio Package!!! by Scandell v1.5

Google Drive Link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bZoqx9QcZFu1v6eL8LHgroZ69n78TOLU/view?usp=sharing

30 Seasons of audio carefully reviewed and audio extracted for the most inclusive callout package available! Found a TON of amazing callouts from a myriad of different Simpson's Video Games! A random Simpson's BOWLING game provided a ton of "BALL" related audio clips! A large majority of vocal callouts have 5 or more variants!

In addition to the previous cast of characters from Stern's release back in 2003, my new custom Pinsound audio package includes voice callouts from the entire town of Springfield!

Homer
Bart
Marge
Lisa
Grandpa
Comic Book Guy
Profressor Frink
Sea Captain
Luigi
Chief Wiggum
Lou (Policeman)
Ralph Wiggum
MILHOUSE!
Patty and Selma
Karl and Lenny
Ned Flanders
Rod and Todd Flanders
BumbleBee Guy
Dr Nick
Otto the Busdriver
Olaf
McBain
Ol Gil
Principal Skinner
Miss Krabappel
Snake
Monorail Guy
Willy

and more!

I've gotten a lot of help and recommendations from cjchand ! He especially did a great job with some of the music choices!
Frink (resized).jpgFrink (resized).jpg

Specific Audio Package thread!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-sound-replacement-mod

#5415 3 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

This is *SO* awesome. Your hard work shows. I will be getting a pinsound board for sure now! Can't wait to load this into my TSPP!

a big thank you for your message !! really very nice !! my mix will be available in about 3 weeks, so a little more patience

#5416 3 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Awesome...been waiting on scandel's sound mix ....but this sounds awesome

okay. I did not know this topic, I just understood. it's good that we are several to offer creations

#5417 3 years ago

Ordered later that day, and they just arrived in the mail ... nice!

Looking forward to the updates. Still completely lost with this game, and I like it - so many rules to explore. I’m trying not to scorn all my 80’s pins with such simple rules.

#5418 3 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Ordered later that day, and they just arrived in the mail ... nice!
Looking forward to the updates. Still completely lost with this game, and I like it - so many rules to explore. I’m trying not to scorn all my 80’s pins with such simple rules.

Not sure if this will help or hurt, but here’s my visual rule sheet:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pf9hwkgrsiu959v/TSPP%20Rules%20v3.1.pdf?dl=0

I’d recommend to start with trying to progress to Alien Invasion. Each TV mode has clearly defined objectives, so they are bite sized. Once you can at least start all of them, Alien Invasion is available.

When you get familiar with that, you can start stacking things. Say start 2+ TV modes and bring Couch Multiball in to finish them and score on Victory Laps.

#5419 3 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Not sure if this will help or hurt...

Very helpful, thanks!

#5420 3 years ago

Wanted to share a repair I did. When I first brought my TSPP home about a week ago the garage switch wasn’t working. I was surprised how complex the little switch was. Anyhoo, after disassembly I checked for continuity ... none. After breaking out a magnifying glass I found a broken trace and cold solder. I’m thinking a replacement switch is kinda pricey ... hopefully this helps someone.

2FEA72BB-C743-490B-ACB2-5ACFA7790CD0.jpeg2FEA72BB-C743-490B-ACB2-5ACFA7790CD0.jpeg
#5421 3 years ago

Just got the Kwik -E- Mart sign mod today!

20201205_092034 (resized).jpg20201205_092034 (resized).jpg
#5422 3 years ago

Cloud7 - It looks great on your machine. Thanks for the purchase!

#5423 3 years ago

Finally got my ColorDMD installed. Amazing upgrade. Don’t hesitate.

4BAA501D-954E-47E9-84CC-9E819D0666DD (resized).jpeg4BAA501D-954E-47E9-84CC-9E819D0666DD (resized).jpeg
#5424 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

[quoted image]

What is the toughest part of installing the color DMD and enabling it? Is there ROM chips and detailed soldering required? Have not gone there yet. I’ve replaced the under the LR VUK with my rudimentary soldering skills, installed Cliffys and things like that, but have not done major surgery like replacing DMD. Any hints would be good as I’m thinking maybe (hint, hint) someone will get me one for St Nick’s day.

#5425 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

What is the toughest part of installing the color DMD and enabling it? Is there ROM chips and detailed soldering required? Have not gone there yet. I’ve replaced the under the LR VUK with my rudimentary soldering skills, installed Cliffys and things like that, but have not done major surgery like replacing DMD. Any hints would be good as I’m thinking maybe (hint, hint) someone will get me one for St Nick’s day.

it’s super simple. Just take off the primary metal brackets that hold the dmd. Take out the entire unit brackets and all. Attach brackets to new dmd. Reinstall. Super easy.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5426 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Pretty easy install - no soldering needed. Install latest Display Rom for color lcd.
Unplug power connector from old lcd. Unplug a few ribbon cables. Pull off display board from old lcd. Remove some screws to remove lcd. Screw in new lcd and plug in ribbon cables. Mount display board back onto lcd. Run new power cable under playfield to front of cabinet. Turn on pin. Plug usb stick into lcd and push some buttons located on lcd to upgrade to the color game graphics. Push some more buttons if you want to configure some settings.
Done

#5427 3 years ago
Quoted from SKORR_Arcades:

Pretty easy install - no soldering needed. Install latest Display Rom for color lcd.
Unplug power connector from old lcd. Unplug a few ribbon cables. Pull off display board from old lcd. Remove some screws to remove lcd. Screw in new lcd and plug in ribbon cables. Mount display board back onto lcd. Run new power cable under playfield to front of cabinet. Turn on pin. Plug usb stick into lcd and push some buttons located on lcd to upgrade to the color game graphics. Push some more buttons if you want to configure some settings.
Done

Ok that sounds simple enough. I saw a YouTube of the color DMD for TSPP, it really looks awesome! I think m’lady needs a gift idea for the holiday....

#5428 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

[quoted image]

Is that the LCD? Im torn between which on to get still haha.

#5429 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

I got the LED

#5430 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

My vote is for LCD... Simply because the smoothing mode (dont remember the actual name of the display mode) looks like it was made for this game. Being that it is a cartoon title, it looks fantastic. It shows no pixels, and that isn't possible with the LED version of the ColorDMD.

#5431 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

My vote is for LCD... Simply because the smoothing mode (dont remember the actual name of the display mode) looks like it was made for this game. Being that it is a cartoon title, it looks fantastic. It shows no pixels, and that isn't possible with the LED version of the ColorDMD.

yeah, agree with this. Since this is a cartoon, the hires setting on the LCD looks great.

#5432 3 years ago

Looks huge photographed this way.

(that's what she said)

TSPP Shooter Rod Mod (resized).jpgTSPP Shooter Rod Mod (resized).jpg
#5433 3 years ago

Bought my first pin last week... and hear I am.

It's suspiciously wrapped in moving blankets in my garage. Can't wait for Christmas Day.

#5434 3 years ago

Who is selling donut shooter rods? My cursory search has turned up squat.

#5435 3 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Yes I want a donut shooter rod too

#5437 3 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

pinball decals had them. Currently out of stock. Sorry.

#5438 3 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Looks huge photographed this way.
(that's what she said)
[quoted image]

I am looking for one. Where did you get it?

Sorry, just read the last messages!!

#5439 3 years ago

I added art blades and Santa’s Little Helper to my machine today.

67992AE1-1192-44A9-A55D-8744215CBDD7 (resized).jpeg67992AE1-1192-44A9-A55D-8744215CBDD7 (resized).jpeg92041762-9280-48AD-9034-B32B048270DD (resized).jpeg92041762-9280-48AD-9034-B32B048270DD (resized).jpeg
#5440 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I appreciate all the help. I recreated the symptom by ejecting a ball and dropping it back into the trough. Going into diags and looking at the switch map, it's clear that the VUK opto #15 is not finding the stacked ball. the others register OK.
I guess I need to check that particular opto and possibly replace it.
cheers!

Wrapping up this thread a bit.. I replace both Tx and Rx opto boards (10 minute job) and everything is working great. To answer the question about the failure recovery mode, when there is a stacked ball in the trough, evidently there is logic so the coil power adjusts to eject just hard enough to launch the top ball, not the bottom one. At least that's what I think is happening.
very cool.
Took the time to add a Cliffy to the I&S hole. that was a lot more time consuming for sure.
thanks for all the help.

#5441 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

BAM! Dropping it early for your holiday fun!!
The Simpsons Custom PINSOUND Audio Package!!! by scandell v1.5
Google Drive Link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bZoqx9QcZFu1v6eL8LHgroZ69n78TOLU/view?usp=sharing
30 Seasons of audio carefully reviewed and audio extracted for the most inclusive callout package available! Found a TON of amazing callouts from a myriad of different Simpson's Video Games!...
[quoted image]
Specific Audio Package thread!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-sound-replacement-mod

Well that just cost me $824 at Pinsound, website suckered me into an ultimate kit. Can't wait and thanks for. putting this together!

#5442 3 years ago

Well new dress for my Simpson’s

07DDC1DD-B094-4372-B7C2-324591ED251C (resized).jpeg07DDC1DD-B094-4372-B7C2-324591ED251C (resized).jpeg5DEB30C7-0AE2-423E-80DF-1745814E5614 (resized).jpeg5DEB30C7-0AE2-423E-80DF-1745814E5614 (resized).jpegC29A117E-22A9-4ADE-9707-ABBA1D12CDF9 (resized).jpegC29A117E-22A9-4ADE-9707-ABBA1D12CDF9 (resized).jpegD7D5C3CB-22C8-401C-9994-3854495003D1 (resized).jpegD7D5C3CB-22C8-401C-9994-3854495003D1 (resized).jpeg
#5443 3 years ago
Quoted from robertg130:

Well new dress for my Simpson’s
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, that thing was really beat up. Nice job restoring it. What does the rest of the game look like?

#5444 3 years ago

I joined the club this week! I'm curious, is this a normal startup sequence for this game?

It seems like something messed up but after this, the gameplay works fine.

IMG_3067 (resized).jpegIMG_3067 (resized).jpeg
#5445 3 years ago
Quoted from amkirk:

I joined the club this week! I'm curious, is this a normal startup sequence for this game?

Yes. This is normal

#5446 3 years ago

HELP PLEASE...Hello...My TSPP powers up but I get no display on backbox...Start button doesn't light up either...was working fine, just happened today...I'm a noobie and don't know much about repairs...I'd appreciate any help you can give me...Thanks.

#5447 3 years ago
Quoted from MajorDrainer:

HELP PLEASE...Hello...My TSPP powers up but I get no display on backbox...Start button doesn't light up either...was working fine, just happened today...I'm a noobie and don't know much about repairs...I'd appreciate any help you can give me...Thanks.

Check your connections in the back box, reseat the ribbon cables. Any fuses out?

#5448 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Check your connections in the back box, reseat the ribbon cables. Any fuses out?

Agree with Lermods. I had a similar problem about 6 months ago when I versioned up my roms, and added led’s with ocd board and nvram. It turns out the fuses at F1 for the high voltage display and f23 for the logic were both blown. There is a thread on the tech forum I started with some good advice and pictures.

#5449 3 years ago

Hi tspp owners. I am hoping to purchase this pin in the near future and was wondering if some of you could point me in the right direction as far as what to look out for when buying.

For instance, are there any parts of the game known to break and is it possible to determine if a specific part is on its way to breaking?

When testing out the game, what area should I focus my attention to?

If you had to predict what will be the first part to break or need to be looked at, what would it be?

Thanks! Any help is appreciated

#5450 3 years ago

The small ramp behind the garage door leading to the upper playfield is very prone to breakage. Check for cabinet wear around the buttons, worn out itchy and sratchy hole and the shooter lane.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 45.00
6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 45.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/109?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.