(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 146.
#5051 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Is this chip in correctly?
[quoted image]

I am pretty sure, although it looks odd now that I look at it. I didn’t touch that one and machine was working fine before I replaced chips etc.

#5052 3 years ago
Quoted from CEC_DFW:

I'm still hoping someone can help with my post #5015 with a picture of the wiring.
Thanks

Bit late but this is a picture I found of mine befor cleaning it

22A5D519-D318-4502-B900-C78C5AE09CB6 (resized).jpeg22A5D519-D318-4502-B900-C78C5AE09CB6 (resized).jpeg

#5053 3 years ago
Quoted from SHBR20:

I am pretty sure, although it looks odd now that I look at it. I didn’t touch that one and machine was working fine before I replaced chips etc.

Just wanted to close the loop on this in case anyone has a similar problem. Turns out fuses at F1 for high voltage display and F23 for logic were both blown. Replaced those (and checked all others while I was in there) and everything is working again. Just need to get it back in place, level it and put the glass back on. Many thanks to everyone for their help. Much appreciated.

#5054 3 years ago
Quoted from CodeMonkey:

Need help trying to debug my TSPP reset issues:
* On attract mode the GI lights blink and I hear a click.
* Sometimes it takes up to 10-15secs for the GI to light back up.
* Measured +5vdc on the IO/Driver board and I measure 5.06 everywhere
My TSPP has the CPU board with the ATMEL processor.
Is there any way to measure the 5v directly on it ?
What else could I investigate ?
The pinwiki whitestar repair guide seems dedicated to the older non-ATMEL board.

Isn’t the GI going off part of the attract mode light show? It does on mine and on this example I found on YouTube:

#5055 3 years ago
Quoted from Karma_Bum:

Isn’t the GI going off part of the attract mode light show? It does on mine and on this example I found on YouTube:

Haha yes I realized this was the case after fixing the problem.
My table did turn the GI off at the wrong moments. But the longer periods were due to the attract light show.

#5056 3 years ago
Quoted from CodeMonkey:

Interesting!
I do see bridge21 goes up to 107f and when the GI turns off it drops down to 102f.
Other bridges only go up to 90f.
I'll see if I can dig into it more.
Still curious how I can measure the +5v on the cpu board

For future reference:

I ended up measuring the AC voltage at bridge21 and it was dipping below 4.85v
Comparing it with the value on my LOTR and it was way too low.

Removed br21 and resoldered a new bridge rectifier and it solved all my reset issues.

#5057 3 years ago

Is there any reason I shouldn't upgrade to the latest software /firmware version of TSSP if I haven't since I bought it back in 2003?

Distributor is going to upgrade to latest version when I get my other games delivered (had no clue they did software updates on pinball machines until coming here), but I wanted to make sure there's no impact on the value vs leaving it as is.

Coming here has also got me thinking of possibly replacing it down the road so I want to maximize selling value.

#5058 3 years ago
Quoted from CPanther95:

Is there any reason I shouldn't upgrade to the latest software /firmware version of TSSP if I haven't since I bought it back in 2003?

I don’t know the full list of changes, but I recall one change being to drop the targets from the I&S hole before the ball gets kicked out. This prevents possible breakage of the targets.

There’s also an added capability to eject the ball from the I&S hole during Alien Invasion by holding down the start button. This is needed if two balls land in there at the same time.

Finally, if you decide to get a ColorDMD (which you should), you need to be on the latest video ROM.

So, in short, yeah. Definitely update them.

#5059 3 years ago
Quoted from CPanther95:

Distributor is going to upgrade to latest version when I get my other games delivered (had no clue they did software updates on pinball machines until coming here), but I wanted to make sure there's no impact on the value vs leaving it as is.
Coming here has also got me thinking of possibly replacing it down the road so I want to maximize selling value.

I was having issues with resets during TV mode stacking. If i stacked 5 or 6 modes together it would reset the game. I think i was on 2.0 when i got the game. Once I updated to the latest 5.0? I never had that issue again.

#5060 3 years ago

Upgrade for sure but you will loose the amount of plays etc so take some pictures of those data. Ofcourse this only makes sense if you haven’t had empty batteries which flush this data down the drain.

#5061 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Upgrade for sure but you will loose the amount of plays etc so take some pictures of those data. Ofcourse this only makes sense if you haven’t had empty batteries which flush this data down the drain.

Also to call it out: Make sure you install NVRAM if you haven't already. Then you can remove the batteries entirely.

That said, what Rensh says still holds: ROM upgrades for TSPP typically involves clearing alot of settings and audits.

#5062 3 years ago

Hi everyone! I just wanted to say that I’m finally apart of the club! Also this is my first Pin!! Just picked it up afee days ago. Super excited can’t wait to start moding!

P.S. anyone know where I can get the duff man and duff beer mods? Also looking for the blade art Design that has the Springfield sign.

Any order suggestions would be appreciated!

571AFDB7-8A58-47D3-936E-B592A1A51A80 (resized).jpeg571AFDB7-8A58-47D3-936E-B592A1A51A80 (resized).jpegD0B9F315-E1B3-4EC5-B976-3A108E529F32 (resized).jpegD0B9F315-E1B3-4EC5-B976-3A108E529F32 (resized).jpeg
#5063 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Thanks for that heads up. I'll take photos.

Can't believe batteries have lasted 17 years.

#5064 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyGee:

Hi everyone! I just wanted to say that I’m finally apart of the club! Also this is my first Pin!! Just picked it up afee days ago. Super excited can’t wait to start moding!
P.S. anyone know where I can get the duff man and duff beer mods? Also looking for the blade art Design that has the Springfield sign.
Any order suggestions would be appreciated! [quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations ! The yellow armor is beautiful.

And I see you've lined up a bunch of plugs for more pinballs hehehe !

#5065 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Congratulations ! The yellow armor is beautiful.
And I see you've lined up a bunch of plugs for more pinballs hehehe !

That’s right! My first machine but I already got the bug!

#5066 3 years ago
Quoted from CPanther95:

Thanks for that heads up. I'll take photos.
Can't believe batteries have lasted 17 years.

Get those batteries off the board immediately. If they leak it may ruin the board.

#5067 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyGee:

Congrats and welcome to the club.
I am a new owner too and love it.
Here are some things to consider in no particular order:
NVRAM
Extra VUK’s for ball to UPF
Update CPU and Display ROM to 5.0
Add cliffy’s to protect ramps
Add pinbits to protect I&S hole
Add plastic protectors (indypinhead sells them)
Add couch weld fix
LED’s
Color DMD

There are also a ton of mods to choose from.
Enjoy!

#5068 3 years ago
Quoted from SHBR20:

What is that mod ? I've never heard of it.

#5069 3 years ago
Quoted from SHBR20:

NVRAM
Update CPU and Display ROM to 5.0
Add cliffy’s to protect ramps
Add pinbits to protect I&S hole
Add plastic protectors (indypinhead sells them)
Add couch weld fix
LED’s
Color DMD
There are also a ton of mods to choose from.
Enjoy!

+ relocate right ramp gate to behind Moe's sign

#5070 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

What is that mod ? I've never heard of it.

All of the playfield mods - Kwik e mart sign, I&S tv, treehouse lamp cover, in rod we trust (last 3 made by a pinside member I am pretty sure), CBG t-shirt sticker???, donut shooter rod, and bunch more I am forgetting. All depends on personal preference.

Quoted from toastbot:

Definitely!

#5071 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

What is that mod ? I've never heard of

The VUK (vertical up-kickers) tend to break often.
Not a bad idea to stock a few ahead of time.

#5072 3 years ago
Quoted from CodeMonkey:

Do you mean the Y switch?

#5073 3 years ago
Quoted from SHBR20:

I&S tv, treehouse lamp cover, in rod we trust (last 3 made by a pinside member I am pretty sure)

Sparky

http://www.sparkypinball.com

#5074 3 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

I've looked for this mod. Do you have a link to a how to?

#5075 3 years ago
Quoted from CodeMonkey:

Oh so it's a stock of spare parts, not a mod ?

#5076 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

Do you mean the Y switch?

For me. Yes!!! During multi-ball sometimes you can get a stack of balls on that vuk...and the weight of them bends the switch prongs so they don’t make contact. I’ve had to take my vuk assembly off twice in the year that I’ve owned mine to bend the y switch upward.

#5078 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

For me. Yes!!! During multi-ball sometimes you can get a stack of balls on that vuk...and the weight of them bends the switch prongs so they don’t make contact. I’ve had to take my vuk assembly off twice in the year that I’ve owned mine to bend the y switch upward.

The ball should sit on the plunger in the VUK and not be supported by the switch arm. Adjust it.

#5079 3 years ago

I currently sell 4 TSPP mods, but they're not all listed on that link for my website. They should all be available in my Pinside Shop and Mezelmods (TV, Treehouse, In Rod We Trust, and Lampstand).

#5080 3 years ago

Hey all, just recently joined the club.

First thing on the list is to eliminate or at least reduce the noise coming through the speakers. When playing it isn’t super obvious, but in attract mode... wow that’s bad. Has anyone tried ferrite cores to eliminate EMI?

#5081 3 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:First thing on the list is to eliminate or at least reduce the noise coming through the speakers. When playing it isn’t super obvious, but in attract mode... wow that’s bad. Has anyone tried ferrite cores to eliminate EMI?

Welcome to the club! This is the fix you are looking for and everything you need is still available on Amazon.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-speaker-humbuzz-fixed

#5082 3 years ago
Quoted from Giebzilla:

Welcome to the club! This is the fix you are looking for and everything you need is still available on Amazon.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-speaker-humbuzz-fixed

Thanks for the pointer!

#5083 3 years ago

Finally Glad to be a member now.
My second Pinball TSPP.
First Pin Tommy.
Just picked up TSPP a couple of days ago.
Playfield is in good condition, but the plastics are a bit beat up.
Got a bit of work ahead of me cleaning it up. Can’t wait to get modding as well.
Everything seems to be working and dialled in well though. Came with LEDs installed but no OCD board. And some of them need to be changed to different colour or brightness.
Anything I will need to keep an eye on and any info good parts to have as spares. Have a couple of mods ordered and didn’t forget the Kwick-E-Mart decal. Don’t know when it was made, as sticker has faded.
Much appreciated.

A380F72B-EB94-48B2-8BA1-3BACD67FFA36 (resized).jpegA380F72B-EB94-48B2-8BA1-3BACD67FFA36 (resized).jpeg2EE1209F-8CAA-4576-B519-A2D5CB359E08 (resized).jpeg2EE1209F-8CAA-4576-B519-A2D5CB359E08 (resized).jpeg3B74BF78-C6A4-4436-B4AD-BC4509370DA2 (resized).jpeg3B74BF78-C6A4-4436-B4AD-BC4509370DA2 (resized).jpeg67261D19-3EB9-44C3-95D2-38AF41887FD6 (resized).jpeg67261D19-3EB9-44C3-95D2-38AF41887FD6 (resized).jpegE94CB7FE-CFDD-46D6-8D20-DFCDCBF6B47D (resized).jpegE94CB7FE-CFDD-46D6-8D20-DFCDCBF6B47D (resized).jpegD5D1E2AE-DF90-4197-BBFA-CAAD9EB7647D (resized).jpegD5D1E2AE-DF90-4197-BBFA-CAAD9EB7647D (resized).jpegD1B0B239-443E-40C3-BDF8-DBFD45C7C270 (resized).jpegD1B0B239-443E-40C3-BDF8-DBFD45C7C270 (resized).jpeg
#5084 3 years ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

My second Pinball TSPP.
First Pin Tommy.
Got a bit of work ahead of me cleaning it up. Can’t wait to get modding as well.
Everything seems to be working and dialled in well though. Came with LEDs installed but no OCD board. And some of them need to be changed to different colour or brightness.
Anything I will need to keep an eye on and any info good parts to have as spares. Have a couple of mods ordered and didn’t forget the Kwick-E-Mart decal. Don’t know when it was made, as sticker has faded.
Much appreciated. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

We have the kwikEmart decal, $12 shipped.

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/categories/the-simpsons-pinball-party-pinball-mods

#5085 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyGee:

Nice looking machine. Yellows Body Armour looks great.

#5086 3 years ago

Hi
I ordered the aliens mod from your eBay store.
Any chance it hasn’t been sent yet and this can be added.
Was being shipped to Australia.
Thanks

#5087 3 years ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

My second Pinball TSPP.
First Pin Tommy.
Much appreciated.

Welcome to the club!
From looking at your photos it looks like some of your hardware (nuts & washers) could be replaced. You are also missing a spotlight above the Duff girl in your 3rd picture.

Check your rubbers as well, a new set from Titan really helps the game play (IMHO).

As for mods, my favorite without a doubt is Sparky TV mod (I would argue a must have!).

Good luck!

#5088 3 years ago

My only 2 mods are color dmd and nvram. My back glass t8 tube or ballast crapped out the other day so unplugged it until I can either get something more razzle dazzle or just a line voltage led t8 replacement tube and scrap the starter and transformer

20200624_171200 (resized).jpg20200624_171200 (resized).jpg20200624_171212 (resized).jpg20200624_171212 (resized).jpg
#5089 3 years ago

soo cleeeean and acid-freeee....

acid-free (resized).pngacid-free (resized).png
#5090 3 years ago

Thank God for NVRAM. Now I'll never be sweating bullets over batteries on my games again.

#5091 3 years ago
Quoted from stavio:

My only 2 mods are color dmd and nvram. My back glass t8 tube or ballast crapped out the other day so unplugged it until I can either get something more razzle dazzle or just a line voltage led t8 replacement tube and scrap the starter and transformer[quoted image][quoted image]

I put the LED replacement in my TSPP. Marco has it. The instructions were not very detailed though. I emailed Marco and they gave me the info I needed.

#5092 3 years ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

My second Pinball TSPP.
First Pin Tommy.
Much appreciated. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

let me know if you need cab decals.

#5093 3 years ago

Hi guys! Question!

My flippers (and homer head) make a buzzing noise when I hold the flipper buttons down. Is that normal?

This is my first game so I don't know that's how it is but the noise is pretty loud.

#5094 3 years ago

In the club and stoked about it
Family loves it
Wasn’t being overly picky just wanted it to be nice and turns out when I got it home it’s in very nice condition no wear on anything with just a handful of plays on it
So now I am concerned from reading on the game that wear can happen quickly so I was wondering if there was a check list to keep from getting any damage
Thanks !

7F2A6323-09FD-4AA7-8B5F-85B2FFA91432 (resized).jpeg7F2A6323-09FD-4AA7-8B5F-85B2FFA91432 (resized).jpeg941C1AFD-452E-4AA5-B3B4-3B767250613C (resized).jpeg941C1AFD-452E-4AA5-B3B4-3B767250613C (resized).jpegB1D0F80B-902A-4913-9C65-D8A139DDDC69 (resized).jpegB1D0F80B-902A-4913-9C65-D8A139DDDC69 (resized).jpegB62CD6CC-176D-4FB2-ACC4-11DCFC65F623 (resized).jpegB62CD6CC-176D-4FB2-ACC4-11DCFC65F623 (resized).jpegEFC2A64F-FE31-420E-B61E-F9C72E0970B3 (resized).jpegEFC2A64F-FE31-420E-B61E-F9C72E0970B3 (resized).jpegF1919338-D575-4980-8878-C688523B16D1 (resized).jpegF1919338-D575-4980-8878-C688523B16D1 (resized).jpeg752FFAF0-B0C4-42D5-94BE-1214DBE5001F (resized).jpeg752FFAF0-B0C4-42D5-94BE-1214DBE5001F (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5095 3 years ago

The cabinet wear around the flipper and start buttons is quick to develop without mylar protectors. Mainly the flipper buttons. Marco sells some good protectors. You may want to install a set of Cliffy protectors for parts on the playfield. You can get them at Passion for pinball.
Also, get some new chrome steel pinballs. They last a long time.

#5096 3 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

In the club and stoked about it
Family loves it
Wasn’t being overly picky just wanted it to be nice and turns out when I got it home it’s in very nice condition no wear on anything with just a handful of plays on it
So now I am concerned from reading on the game that wear can happen quickly so I was wondering if there was a check list to keep from getting any damage
Thanks ! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I don’t think you need any protection in a home environment except maybe the shooter lane as the paint on the left side tends to come off over time. I’ve had my game since 2003 and have no protection anywhere except shooter lane, shows very little wear, nothing at the flipper buttons.

#5097 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I don’t think you need any protection in a home environment except maybe the shooter lane as the paint on the left side tends to come off over time. I’ve had my game since 2003 and have no protection anywhere except shooter lane, shows very little wear, nothing at the flipper buttons.

Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

The cabinet wear around the flipper and start buttons is quick to develop without mylar protectors. Mainly the flipper buttons. Marco sells some good protectors. You may want to install a set of Cliffy protectors for parts on the playfield. You can get them at Passion for pinball.
Also, get some new chrome steel pinballs. They last a long time.

Thank you! I didn’t care about it until I had to I wasnt looking for that like super duper close
Definitely will get a couple things I appreciate it
I’ve only ever played the game once believe it or not and that one was not 100% functioning

This game is hilarious for sure call outs are very good
I had forgotten how good the Simpsons was

#5098 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyGee:

Hi guys! Question!
My flippers (and homer head) make a buzzing noise when I hold the flipper buttons down. Is that normal?
This is my first game so I don't know that's how it is but the noise is pretty loud.

Flipper buzz is pretty common. However you can usually make it better with a flipper rebuild. My machine was horrible and i singled out the nosiest flipper was the middle right flipper. I need to rebuild them because the machine was on route at one point. But in the meantime, i bent the little spring washer between the coil stop and the coil to add a bit more tension, which quieted the machine down at least until i order the parts to rebuild everything.

#5099 3 years ago

I want to install a color dmd in my game
The game is at 4.0 I guess I need 5?
Thanks

#5100 3 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I want to install a color dmd in my game
The game is at 4.0 I guess I need 5?
Thanks

Welcome to the club.
Pretty sure you need 5.0 - the colordmd website will have the requirements. I installed the colordmd in mine recently and love it.

To answer your earlier questions, here are some suggestions:

1. If your game has regular batteries, install the NVRAM. Not worth the chance of ruining your boards with battery acid damage.

2. Consider installing cliffy’s. I put them in mine (except the shooter lane - see below) recently as a precaution. Replacement ramps are reportedly hard to find and/or expensive. But, as Lermods noted, these may not be needed in a HUO environment, except the shooter lane. I didn’t install in my shooter lane yet because I couldn’t get the apron off. That is on my list after a trip to the local hardware store. Also consider protecting the Itchy and Scratchy hole with a clear plastic protector - I got mine from pinbits here on the forum.

3. Consider the couch weld fix. I had no issues but put in as a precaution anyway.

4. Consider putting in playfield plastic protectors. I got mine from indypinhead here on pinside and they fit perfectly. I put these in as a precaution as well - my plastics were all original and I didn’t want to take the chance of breaking one. I think the replacement plastics are hard to find and/or expensive.

5. Probably should buy a few extra VUK forks. See post 5071 above.

There are a ton of mods you can add as well - depending on you preferences - such as Moe’s Tavern, duff beer can, kwik e mart sign (lermods sells them), donut shooter rod, side art, speaker box decals, itchy and scratchy tv (sparky here on the forum sells them along with other mods - the tv is on my buy list), and a bunch of others I am sure I am forgetting.

Enjoy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 16.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 218.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/102?hl=vbobrusev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.