(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 hours ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 146.
#5001 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

At least u don’t have to change it if you like this bumble bee guy
[quoted image]

He is the only one who speaks English in this version.

#5002 3 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Hello,
Ive recently adquire a TSPP, the sounds are in spanish, i need to change this for sure... Can i change this by default? What roms i need in order to do this, just display and CPU? Thanks

this happened during a deadflip stream. something about holding the flipper button at startup.

#5003 3 years ago

Does anyone know the point of this plastic thing on top of kiwk e mart
Plastic?

A534BF76-7FEC-4808-BF32-A50AB9BC9B65 (resized).jpegA534BF76-7FEC-4808-BF32-A50AB9BC9B65 (resized).jpeg
#5004 3 years ago

A ball *could* get caught up there I think. Hence, the ingenious cable clamp to prevent it.

#5005 3 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

A ball *could* get caught up there I think. Hence, the ingenious cable clamp to prevent it.

6C0608BB-7A26-4C85-9EF8-A17947F6470F (resized).png6C0608BB-7A26-4C85-9EF8-A17947F6470F (resized).png
#5006 3 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Hello,
Ive recently adquire a TSPP, the sounds are in spanish, i need to change this for sure... Can i change this by default? What roms i need in order to do this, just display and CPU? Thanks

Don’t know if this would fix it, but have you checked the dipswitch settings. It’s on page #3 of the manual.

#5007 3 years ago

Ok I ordered a New set of those side blades I didn’t realize there were directions posted 6 years ago here on how
To install them . Anyone know how to tip the play field
Up and out Like the seller
Recommended ?

#5008 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok I ordered a New set of those side blades I didn’t realize there were directions posted 6 years ago here on how
To install them . Anyone know how to tip the play field
Up and out Like the seller
Recommended ?

I cut a 2x4 just long enough to lift the rear of the playfield above the back of the cabinet.

Slide playfield forward, rest sliders in lockbar channel, go to rear of playfield and lift and rest on 2x4.

Worked super easy, just be careful you don't hit the playfield or the 2x4 during install. I did the install with dry method and some clamps. Get your art lined up, clamp along cabinet, start at front and work your way back.

#5009 3 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Don’t know if this would fix it, but have you checked the dipswitch settings. It’s on page #3 of the manual.

This made it, was configure to spanish at the dipswitch settings.
Thanks

#5010 3 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

This made it, was configure to spanish at the dipswitch settings.
Thanks

Glad that worked!

Now I want to set my machine to other languages to see if the callouts change

#5011 3 years ago

Man TSPP is like really fun . Didn’t realize this entire time , likely won’t be parting with it for a very long time . All I do is go to work now and humm homer’s day music . It’s like stuck in my head

#5012 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok I’m all modded out and tired for now

Where did you find the lighted Moes Tavern mod?

#5013 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Where did you find the lighted Moes Tavern mod?

Contact indypinhead

#5014 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man TSPP is like really fun . Didn’t realize this entire time , likely won’t be parting with it for a very long time . All I do is go to work now and humm homer’s day music . It’s like stuck in my head

I'm probably biased because I own a TSPP, I'm a big fan of the show and I like crowded playfields but I do believe that almost 20 years later TSPP is still the best pinball Stern ever made.

#5015 3 years ago

help please...
how should these wires properly run?
bottom of mini playfield.
Thanks

tspp mini (resized).jpgtspp mini (resized).jpg
#5016 3 years ago

Hey guys. Any one have a source for the upper playfield flipper spacer? I noticed my right flipper doesn't have one. https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=530-5634-00

#5017 3 years ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

Hey guys. Any one have a source for the upper playfield flipper spacer? I noticed my right flipper doesn't have one. https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=530-5634-00

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-advice-on-buying-parts-from-stern#post-2448241

I have like 5 feet of this stuff... You cut to length and straighten. PM me your snail mail and I will throw some in an envelope for you.

#5018 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I'm probably biased because I own a TSPP, I'm a big fan of the show and I like crowded playfields but I do believe that almost 20 years later TSPP is still the best pinball Stern ever made.

I love it. I've never been super into pinball, but i always loved playing this game at the beach. I always told myself if I ever bought a pin, this would be the one. Then a great local deal popped up on facebook one day Now I want a LOTR.

#5019 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-advice-on-buying-parts-from-stern#post-2448241
I have like 5 feet of this stuff... You cut to length and straighten. PM me your snail mail and I will throw some in an envelope for you.

You're the man!

#5020 3 years ago
Quoted from CEC_DFW:

help please...
Thanks
[quoted image]

If I remember right, they run along the top of the upper playfield toward the front before they wrap around and go under the edge behind the couch, and there was a tie strap to keep them all bundled.

#5021 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

I love it. I've never been super into pinball, but i always loved playing this game at the beach. I always told myself if I ever bought a pin, this would be the one. Then a great local deal popped up on facebook one day Now I want a LOTR.

It looks like we enjoy the same pinballs ! LOTR is next on my shopping list

#5022 3 years ago

Guys Ive only gotten to Alien invasion twice. So are u supposed to lock 2 balls, then 3 balls then 4 balls then 5 balls? Is that the last part 5 balls? If you miss it it goes back one? Like if I miss 4 balls, then it goes back to 3 balls?
Thanks

#5023 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Guys Ive only gotten to Alien invasion twice. So are u supposed to lock 2 balls, then 3 balls then 4 balls then 5 balls? Is that the last part 5 balls? If you miss it it goes back one? Like if I miss 4 balls, then it goes back to 3 balls?
Thanks

You got it

#5024 3 years ago

Need some help please. I finally joined the club about a month ago and spent the weekend upgrading the CPU and Display ROM chips from 2.0 to 5.0, converting to LED's with an LED OCD board, installing NVRAM, installing cliffy's, etc. Now, when turning on the machine, I am not getting any sound or anything on the display. I've rechecked the connections but they all seem OK. I would appreciate any suggestions on where to focus next. I was careful to align the CPU and Display chips properly but there is a chance i messed that up somehow. Pictures below.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

TSPP1 (resized).jpgTSPP1 (resized).jpgTSPP2 (resized).jpgTSPP2 (resized).jpgTSPP3 (resized).jpgTSPP3 (resized).jpg
#5025 3 years ago

Are the chips all facing the correct way? I know the NVRAM can only be put in the correct way or else it will burn up.

#5026 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Are the chips all facing the correct way? I know the NVRAM can only be put in the correct way or else it will burn up.

Thanks finnflash. I was careful to check the old chips when removing but since this is the first time I’ve done this it is possibile. I’d prefer to exhaust other options before buying new chips and NVRAM in the event they are installed correctly (and burning up the new ones). Thanks again.

#5027 3 years ago
Quoted from SHBR20:

Thanks finnflash. I was careful to check the old chips when removing but since this is the first time I’ve done this it is possibile. I’d prefer to exhaust other options before buying new chips and NVRAM in the event they are installed correctly (and burning up the new ones). Thanks again.

Nvram is just memory, shouldn’t affect sound or display. Put the old Cpu and sound chips in to see if things work again.

Also, check that you seated those chips in properly and no legs are bent, easy to do that.

Did you remove any ribbon cables? Check those if you did.

#5028 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Nvram is just memory, shouldn’t affect sound or display. Put the old Cpu and sound chips in to see if things work again.
Also, check that you seated those chips in properly and no legs are bent, easy to do that.
Did you remove any ribbon cables? Check those if you did.

Thanks lermods. Unfortunately I bent the old chips when removing them (rookie mistake!). Ribbon cables are good. I don’t think it could be the led ocd install as the lights are all working. I am thinking I must have installed the display chip backwards and fried it. Looks like I will be ordering a new one and testing it out. Thanks again.

#5029 3 years ago

All chips have a notch on 1 side and usually all chips on a PCB have this notch or dot pointing same direction. Can’t see it on your pictures if this is the case but easy to check for you.

A1EB8EF5-114C-425E-ACBE-A44719A0BBE3 (resized).jpegA1EB8EF5-114C-425E-ACBE-A44719A0BBE3 (resized).jpeg
#5030 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

All chips have a notch on 1 side and usually all chips on a PCB have this notch or dot pointing same direction. Can’t see it on your pictures if this is the case but easy to check for you.
[quoted image]

Thanks rensh. The pictures are very helpful - I will make sure the notches and/or dots lineup correctly when I put in the new chips. Assuming this is the problem, hearing doh frenzy again will make me forget about this mistake.

#5031 3 years ago

Chip orientation is one thing, very easy to check, and critical of course. But a far more common issue is a leg being bent under. (As I believe someone mentioned.) Need to insert chips very carefully and patiently and watch those legs. Once the chip is in place, it can be hard to see/detect. gl

#5032 3 years ago

I had to realign all of the legs on the rom chip I installed because the spacing was off, meaning the rows of legs on each side of the chip were too close to each other by a small amount. Easy to align them, but check.

#5033 3 years ago
Quoted from CEC_DFW:

help please...
Thanks
[quoted image]

I'm still hoping someone can help with my post #5015 with a picture of the wiring.

Thanks

#5034 3 years ago

Hope thus helps

923EE95C-BA37-410F-8B4B-5FF661DC498E (resized).jpeg923EE95C-BA37-410F-8B4B-5FF661DC498E (resized).jpeg
#5035 3 years ago

Interesting picture because of the leds. How does this look installed? Guess the garage lights up green when open? And the left loop is dimmed illuminated?

#5036 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Interesting picture because of the leds. How does this look installed? Guess the garage lights up green when open? And the left loop is dimmed illuminated?

I was thinking the same thing.

#5037 3 years ago
Quoted from CEC_DFW:

I'm still hoping someone can help with my post #5015 with a picture of the wiring.
Thanks

Thanks to everyone for help with my issue. I am waiting on the new chips and will re-read all the advice 2x before proceeding.

MG7322 - here are pictures of mine. The wire on the upper playfield is running inside the first hex post and outside the second hex post. From there it goes past the thumb screw and then tucks back under the upper playfield. Be careful not to block the VUK when tucking back under the upper playfield. I noticed that when I was putting mine back on.

8568D6AD-0669-4520-9740-877B0D3261B1 (resized).jpeg8568D6AD-0669-4520-9740-877B0D3261B1 (resized).jpegC60BA811-9F8E-44D2-B7D8-E7C8E3CCA37B (resized).jpegC60BA811-9F8E-44D2-B7D8-E7C8E3CCA37B (resized).jpeg
#5038 3 years ago

I went green for the Green nuclear reactor... I might go another color in the future

E9460657-722D-4210-90BB-6A67327F7453 (resized).jpegE9460657-722D-4210-90BB-6A67327F7453 (resized).jpeg
#5039 3 years ago

This orange glows the ramp underneath the upper playfield

#5040 3 years ago
Quoted from SHBR20:

Thanks to everyone for help with my issue. I am waiting on the new chips and will re-read all the advice 2x before proceeding.
MG7322 - here are pictures of mine. The wire on the upper playfield is running inside the first hex post and outside the second hex post. From there it goes past the thumb screw and then tucks back under the upper playfield. Be careful not to block the VUK when tucking back under the upper playfield. I noticed that when I was putting mine back on.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for the detail. I will see if I can get mine to lay properly. I cant tell if the wires should go out the blue back panel or through the main playfield (hole). my issue is the wires are laying on the orange ramp under the mini playfield and it wont seat all the way down (thumb screw wont tighten since the mini pf is raise).

Thanks again

#5041 3 years ago

Need help trying to debug my TSPP reset issues:

* On attract mode the GI lights blink and I hear a click.
* Sometimes it takes up to 10-15secs for the GI to light back up.
* Measured +5vdc on the IO/Driver board and I measure 5.06 everywhere

My TSPP has the CPU board with the ATMEL processor.
Is there any way to measure the 5v directly on it ?

What else could I investigate ?
The pinwiki whitestar repair guide seems dedicated to the older non-ATMEL board.

#5042 3 years ago
Quoted from CEC_DFW:

Thank you for the detail. I will see if I can get mine to lay properly. I cant tell if the wires should go out the blue back panel or through the main playfield (hole). my issue is the wires are laying on the orange ramp under the mini playfield and it wont seat all the way down (thumb screw wont tighten since the mini pf is raise).
Thanks again

Happy to help. Mine go through the main playfield.

#5043 3 years ago
Quoted from CodeMonkey:

Need help trying to debug my TSPP reset issues:
* On attract mode the GI lights blink and I hear a click.
* Sometimes it takes up to 10-15secs for the GI to light back up.
* Measured +5vdc on the IO/Driver board and I measure 5.06 everywhere
My TSPP has the CPU board with the ATMEL processor.
Is there any way to measure the 5v directly on it ?
What else could I investigate ?
The pinwiki whitestar repair guide seems dedicated to the older non-ATMEL board.

When I had reset issues it was one of the bridge rectifiers, I think it was br3 but I just touched each after running for a bit and one was hot to the touch.

#5044 3 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

When I had reset issues it was one of the bridge rectifiers, I think it was br3 but I just touched each after running for a bit and one was hot to the touch.

Interesting!

I do see bridge21 goes up to 107f and when the GI turns off it drops down to 102f.
Other bridges only go up to 90f.
I'll see if I can dig into it more.

Still curious how I can measure the +5v on the cpu board

#5045 3 years ago
Quoted from MG7322:

I went green for the Green nuclear reactor... I might go another color in the future
[quoted image]

Where did you get the garage light? Thanks.

#5046 3 years ago
Quoted from SHBR20:

Need some help please. I finally joined the club about a month ago and spent the weekend upgrading the CPU and Display ROM chips from 2.0 to 5.0, converting to LED's with an LED OCD board, installing NVRAM, installing cliffy's, etc. Now, when turning on the machine, I am not getting any sound or anything on the display. I've rechecked the connections but they all seem OK. I would appreciate any suggestions on where to focus next. I was careful to align the CPU and Display chips properly but there is a chance i messed that up somehow. Pictures below.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Got my new chips today and installed them based on all the advice. Was super careful. Unfortunately I am still having the same issues - no sound or display. All connections rechecked and seated properly. Except the below - does anyone know where those connect? If that doesn’t solve it does anyone know a good tech in Somerset County, NJ area? Thanks

32E156E5-4033-4422-830F-F1DFEAFE4979 (resized).jpeg32E156E5-4033-4422-830F-F1DFEAFE4979 (resized).jpeg654B93FC-78C6-47F8-AE6C-CB7B7C56163A (resized).jpeg654B93FC-78C6-47F8-AE6C-CB7B7C56163A (resized).jpeg
#5047 3 years ago
Quoted from SHBR20:

Got my new chips today and installed them based on all the advice. Was super careful. Unfortunately I am still having the same issues - no sound or display. All connections rechecked and seated properly. Except the below - does anyone know where those connect? If that doesn’t solve it does anyone know a good tech in Somerset County, NJ area? Thanks [quoted image][quoted image]

Can you show pics of your full driver/cpu board?

Paul drabek is up in your area I think and does repairs.

#5048 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Can you show pics of your full driver/cpu board?
Paul drabek is up in your area I think and does repairs.

Here are pictures of the boards - thanks and thanks for the info on Paul

07554740-E7B8-4D0C-B054-6E1EF6F20165 (resized).jpeg07554740-E7B8-4D0C-B054-6E1EF6F20165 (resized).jpegEB90D0F2-AB09-47E0-A206-CED8F8C79BD2 (resized).jpegEB90D0F2-AB09-47E0-A206-CED8F8C79BD2 (resized).jpeg
#5049 3 years ago

Is this chip in correctly?

20200612_121328 (resized).jpg20200612_121328 (resized).jpg
#5050 3 years ago
Quoted from SHBR20:

Here are pictures of the boards - thanks and thanks for the info on Paul[quoted image][quoted image]

I have a different CPU/Sound board, you must have a later production game.

When you turn the game on and the coindoor is closed, are all of the leds on the boards lit?

In the upper left of the game's backbox, there is a high current board, is the fuse on that board good? Good meaning you pulled it and checked it with a meter.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Youngstown, OH
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 218.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/101?hl=cjchand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.