(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 146.
#4951 3 years ago

D-Gottlieb - I ordered decals from some guy in Russia and there is supposed to be a Quik-E-Mart decal included. I ordered back in April and it's not supposed to be delivered until early June.
I noticed some of the posts referred to "the russian guy". Is he legit or did I get taken?

#4952 3 years ago

I ordered some plastics from “the Russian guy” a while back. They were good quality. No complaints. There are probably just mailing delays because of the plague.

#4953 3 years ago
Quoted from Tradingbill:

D-Gottlieb - I ordered decals from some guy in Russia and there is supposed to be a Quik-E-Mart decal included. I ordered back in April and it's not supposed to be delivered until early June.
I noticed some of the posts referred to "the russian guy". Is he legit or did I get taken?

I ordered the decal set from Russia too. They took 6-8 weeks, but they arrived and were nice decals.

#4954 3 years ago

He is legit. I got the stickers and side art from him. Good stuff.

#4955 3 years ago

Anyone looking for one of these?

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “This is the Moe's Tavern sign mod for the Simpsons Pinball Party. It has never been installed and comes with instructions. This mod needs to be soldered to the game. Might also ...”
2020-05-17
O'fallon, MO
150 (OBO)
Archived after: 5 days
Viewed: 147 times

#4956 3 years ago

Never mind

#4957 3 years ago

Hi! Guys, i that Russian guy which you are talking about. Right now packages to USA and France have big delays. Our civil aviation now is closed only commercial planes and cargo companies working, but it's not enough for fast shipping. Probably JFK international sorting center dont have enough people for fast shipping, i dont know situation about it.

#4958 3 years ago

Vbobrusev - thanks for the information. Didn't mean to doubt your legitimacy, but even with the slow mail delivery these days I'm not accustomed to waiting over a month for an item. Guess I've got no option but to keep waiting. Thanks again.

#4959 3 years ago
Quoted from Tradingbill:

Vbobrusev - thanks for the information. Didn't mean to doubt your legitimacy, but even with the slow mail delivery these days I'm not accustomed to waiting over a month for an item. Guess I've got no option but to keep waiting. Thanks again.

nobody knows... usually it takes 2-3 weeks

#4960 3 years ago

I have a set of stickers, never got around to The project of putting on. If anyone wants to buy please PM me.

#4961 3 years ago
Quoted from Tradingbill:

I've been a TSPP owner for many years. Bought the game NIB from Jersey Jack before JJP existed. Never did any mods to the game until I found myself with so much extra time due to stay at home orders here in NJ. I read every post in this topic (that took up so much time in itself) and saw all the great mods that you guys have done, and what was available. So I started with a stock machine and several weeks later this is what I have. As you can see I kind of went mod crazy. It could be called cluttered and chaotic, but it's growing on me. In addition to what you see in the pics I installed full LED light kit and colorDMD.
So a little late, but glad to be part of the club.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I absolutely LOVE the way you did this pin! Totally awesome and I love the mods. Well done sir!

#4962 3 years ago

Woot! I've had this pin for 8 months and FINALLY made it to Alien Invasion! Sadly, I had no idea what I was doing... But I did get up to 4 locked balls, which from reading the Wiki after the fact, is apparently pretty good -- since five locked balls is the last round to finish the mode. WOoo!!!!

Sadly, I still only got 53.6M points... :/ But that was about 15M higher than my previous high score, so... Yay?

#4963 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Woot! I've had this pin for 8 months and FINALLY made it to Alien Invasion! Sadly, I had no idea what I was doing... But I did get up to 4 locked balls, which from reading the Wiki after the fact, is apparently pretty good -- since five locked balls is the last round to finish the mode. WOoo!!!!
Sadly, I still only got 53.6M points... :/ But that was about 15M higher than my previous high score, so... Yay?

Congratulations ! I love this mode, I've done it a dozen times but I'm still stuck to 4 locked balls so 1 ball close to finishing the mode too !

I spend a lot of training sessions trying to hit the left ramp, it's the key shot for this game. I'm not too bad at hitting it when the ball comes from Homer's head but it's much much harder to hit it consistently from the left orbit.

#4964 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Congratulations ! I love this mode, I've done it a dozen times but I'm still stuck to 4 locked balls so 1 ball close to finishing the mode too !
I spend a lot of training sessions trying to hit the left ramp, it's the key shot for this game. I'm not too bad at hitting it when the ball comes from Homer's head but it's much much harder to hit it consistently from the left orbit.

I managed to finish it the other day. Sadly, there’s not a lot of fan fair. Think I saw Homer blast a large laser, then the mode ended. Whatever showed on the DMD, it was over way too quickly.

Was kinda hoping for something more triumphant :/

#4965 3 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

I managed to finish it the other day. Sadly, there’s not a lot of fan fair. Think I saw Homer blast a large laser, then the mode ended. Whatever showed on the DMD, it was over way too quickly.
Was kinda hoping for something more triumphant :/

I hope we get something more rewarding if we ever finish the super duper wizard mode !

#4966 3 years ago

Is there a guide to the power test points? Game quit on me a few weeks ago, and the playfield will light but DMD and start button are dark. I checked all the fuses and looked everywhere for loose connections but no joy. Any idea if the red LEDs on the boards can help me diagnose?
Is there a good youtube on this machine type, or guide to interpreting the wiring diagrams?
Are there reset buttons on the board I should know about?
I recently installed a color DMD recently but that seemed to go well.

Overall the game is in great shape but I did have to install NVRAM about a year ago when I bought it. The speaker on the battery side had some corrosion on top so I'm more worried a past leak may have damaged something nonobvious.

This is my first pin and I'd prefer to fix it and learn myself instead of hiring outside expertise

#4967 3 years ago
Quoted from wookiewarlord:

Is there a guide to the power test points?

I would suggest hitting up the WhiteStar section of PinWiki: https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sega/Stern_White_Star_Repair

That should run you through common issues, troubleshooting steps, etc. Reply back here (better yet, in the Tech section) with anything you find.

#4968 3 years ago

Thanks for the link. Digesting that now.
Let me add a little more detail to the problem in case that helps:
Upon power up the playfield lights flash about every second. On the IO Power Driver Board the L204 light flashes with them, and the Relay switch clicks in time as well. However, on the CPU/Sound Board L200 light is intermittant (except when I hold down the button at SW200. All the other red lights on the boards are steady on. Does that in any way help diagnose the problem?

#4969 3 years ago
Quoted from wookiewarlord:

Thanks for the link. Digesting that now.
Let me add a little more detail to the problem in case that helps:
Upon power up the playfield lights flash about every second. On the IO Power Driver Board the L204 light flashes with them, and the Relay switch clicks in time as well. However, on the CPU/Sound Board L200 light is intermittant (except when I hold down the button at SW200. All the other red lights on the boards are steady on. Does that in any way help diagnose the problem?

My TSPP has been pretty reliable, so I’m unfortunately not versed in troubleshooting it. If this were a System 11...

When you say the GI comes on once a second, does it seem like the game is essentially rebooting itself every few seconds? Reason I ask is the only thing I’ve had happen with mine - and is apparently somewhat common - is that it will reset itself. Sometimes just once, but typically over and over.

When this happens, reseating the ribbon cable between the power and main board does the trick.

Sorry I’m not much help, but maybe others will chime in. Also, post to the Tech forum. More likely to get input there.

#4970 3 years ago

Question for the thread: Do you get a lot of right-sling-to-left-outlane drains? I’ve become better about nudging to avoid it, but curious if it’s specific to my copy or design intent.

#4971 3 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Question for the thread: Do you get a lot of right-sling-to-left-outlane drains?

This rarely happens on mine.

#4972 3 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Question for the thread: Do you get a lot of right-sling-to-left-outlane drains? I’ve become better about nudging to avoid it, but curious if it’s specific to my copy or design intent.

Not often. I get more I&S launches down the drain.

Now my South Park...that damn game is Left Sling down the Right outlane EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Its so freaking annoying and I dont know how to prevent it

#4973 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

Not often. I get more I&S launches down the drain.
Now my South Park...that damn game is Left Sling down the Right outlane EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Its so freaking annoying and I dont know how to prevent it

Interesting. Maybe once ever has the I&S saucer shot it down the center.

#4974 3 years ago

Is there an easy way to fix this post? It looks like might have to take apart the orange plastic on the upper playfield, the monorail, and a couple of spots to replace it which is a lot of work for a single post... so wanted to check if I'm missing something easy before doing the work.

Thanks!

20200525_171944 (resized).jpg20200525_171944 (resized).jpg
#4975 3 years ago

Simple. Remove the top screw cut the ziptie and remove the post. The stuff that is held on by the screw will come off and fly everywhere, so take note where everything goes.

#4976 3 years ago

hey guys I found some TSPP side blades I had in the basement. I think they are from Russia via Ebay. I can't figure out how to install them, they seem longer then the actual length of the cabinet. Anyone have this experience?

#4977 3 years ago

Show some pics of it inside the pin

#4978 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

hey guys I found some TSPP side blades I had in the basement. I think they are from Russia via Ebay. I can't figure out how to install them, they seem longer then the actual length of the cabinet. Anyone have this experience?

Trim to fit.

#4979 3 years ago

Omg my first blade I thought I was going to die . Had to use windex. What a pita

D88F435A-842C-442C-BF40-9FA706FBDC20 (resized).jpegD88F435A-842C-442C-BF40-9FA706FBDC20 (resized).jpeg
#4980 3 years ago

My 3yo just locked a ball on the couch and then started I/S multiball. Proud moment!

D5EC7C81-93DC-4935-A598-6931D361D070 (resized).jpegD5EC7C81-93DC-4935-A598-6931D361D070 (resized).jpeg
#4981 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Omg my first blade I thought I was going to die . Had to use windex. What a pita[quoted image]

Having two people helps. I would not try it alone.

#4982 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Having two people helps. I would not try it alone.

Ugh I finished it thanks for the advice doesn’t look 100% perfect maybe 90%. Are all pinblades cut to fit ? That was the biggest pain in the but . If it was already precut it would have been much easier

5D31E9E8-5491-4684-95DC-F9B921024169 (resized).jpeg5D31E9E8-5491-4684-95DC-F9B921024169 (resized).jpeg61642EA6-6AA8-4619-8440-44EFA6AF04EC (resized).jpeg61642EA6-6AA8-4619-8440-44EFA6AF04EC (resized).jpeg8FCEF176-8389-4CC6-ADD2-82FB8093DE1A (resized).jpeg8FCEF176-8389-4CC6-ADD2-82FB8093DE1A (resized).jpeg
#4983 3 years ago

It wasn't precut? Then yeah, that would suck.
I wanted to order those, but maybe not.

Now be careful lifting the playfield, because they will get destroyed. Unless you have the pinblade protectors.

#4984 3 years ago

Great moes sign mod . Now that Im done with that, I can't remember if homer head lit up or not, hope I didnt mess something up.
BC7D047D-861A-4117-B9A3-E6780D79EAD3 (resized).jpegBC7D047D-861A-4117-B9A3-E6780D79EAD3 (resized).jpeg

#4985 3 years ago

Nice work on the sideblades but what do you mean with not precut? Have the same and mine were cut to size.

#4986 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Nice work on the sideblades but what do you mean with not precut? Have the same and mine were cut to size.

It was just one big strip it wasn’t tailored for the screws in the front of the machine and on the back I guess I could have folded it around the wood blocks but it needed to be cut to fold over them properly. If it was already cut to avoid bolts in the front and so I could fold it around the blocks in the back it would have made my life easier

#4987 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

It was just one big strip it wasn’t tailored for the screws in the front of the machine and on the back I guess I could have folded it around the wood blocks but it needed to be cut to fold over them properly. If it was already cut to avoid bolts in the front and so I could fold it around the blocks in the back it would have made my life easier

I got mine from Pingraffix and they fit perfect. I did raise my playfield above the cabinet which made the install very easy.

IMG_0690 (resized).jpegIMG_0690 (resized).jpeg
#4988 3 years ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

I got mine from Pingraffix and they fit perfect. I did raise my playfield above the cabinet which made the install very easy.
[quoted image]

hmm maybe I just messed it up, not sure. Mine at the back were not cut to fit over the block like yours look like. I would have to make a cut on the bottom to make
It fit

#4989 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

hmm maybe I just messed it up, not sure. Mine at the back were not cut to fit over the block like yours look like. I would have to make a cut on the bottom to make
It fit

I used a razor knife to make cuts so it would fit over the blocks nicely. To be fair I have installed at least 6 sets of these.

#4990 3 years ago

I had to make a cut to for the wooden block now you mention it but found that easy to do. Not a showstopper and the blades do look great.

#4991 3 years ago

It does the job. The black blocks dont bother me, hardly noticeable with the way I cut mine. Now to get this sparky tv mod installed.

#4992 3 years ago

Ok I’m all modded out and tired for now . Does anyone know where I can get a splitter for the sparky tv ? I have a topper that uses same power source
3383933E-3E40-4BBB-AB84-80DCD453B0A9 (resized).jpeg3383933E-3E40-4BBB-AB84-80DCD453B0A9 (resized).jpeg

#4993 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok I’m all modded out and tired for now . Does anyone know where I can get a splitter for the sparky tv ? I have a topper that uses same power source
[quoted image]

I can send you one. Send me a PM with your real name, so I can match it with your order/address.

#4994 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I can send you one. Send me a PM with your real name, so I can match it with your order/address.

Thanks man, I found one online so Im good. Kind of bummed about the blades, I think I may remove them and order a different set.. will likely leave some glue residue. I probably should have known they had to be cut in the back to fit, but how many inches here and there to cut, too much for a first time blade user .. sucks.

#4995 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks man, I found one online so Im good. Kind of bummed about the blades, I think I may remove them and order a different set.. will likely leave some glue residue. I probably should have known they had to be cut in the back to fit, but how many inches here and there to cut, too much for a first time blade user .. sucks.

Here is how I installed mine... Good luck!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/art-blades-wet-method-apply-is-amazingly-easy#post-5627245

#4997 3 years ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

Oh I’m a huge fan, not as big a fan as I am of king of the hill but unfortunately there’s no pin for that. I get different strokes for different folks but after the 1000th doh I’ve had enough haha.

I kind of understand you, there is any way when can disable that sound!?

#4998 3 years ago

Hello,
Ive recently adquire a TSPP, the sounds are in spanish, i need to change this for sure... Can i change this by default? What roms i need in order to do this, just display and CPU? Thanks

#4999 3 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Hello,
Ive recently adquire a TSPP, the sounds are in spanish, i need to change this for sure... Can i change this by default? What roms i need in order to do this, just display and CPU? Thanks

Like all the voices are in Spanish? That's awesome, lol!

#5000 3 years ago

At least u don’t have to change it if you like this bumble bee guy

EB7C27B6-9B78-4033-B8B1-7993A673A671 (resized).pngEB7C27B6-9B78-4033-B8B1-7993A673A671 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 218.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/100?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.