• Latest reply 8 years ago by emkay
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1411833723950.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I just got a TSPP. Before resetting to factory defaults I noticed the previous owner had the settings very easy. I'd like to make sure the posts are in their factory positions.

Could someone with a TSPP take a photo of their outlanes so I can compare? thanks.

#2 11 years ago

On mine, on the left lane, all the way to the bottom position on both. On the right lane position 2 and position 3 on the bottom.

#3 11 years ago

That game is so friggin' hard that I have my outlanes covered! And I still can't get to SDMEWM (although I got real close once).

#4 11 years ago

Thanks.

Keefer somewhere on pinside mentioned he could play a "perfect" game and finish tspp in about 30 minutes. I have a feeling I will never see all that it has, but that's ok .

#5 11 years ago

From the factory, mine came as follows:

On the left outlane: left side is 2nd from top, right side is at the bottom
On the right outlane: left side (or top section) is second from the top, right side is at the bottom

I don't find the game that hard, until I get to Alien Invasion, which in ten years of ownership, I've never been able to complete. My high on the game is 143 million, but that was years ago. I recently scored 111 million. I never tire of this game.

#6 11 years ago

I absolutely love, love, love TSPP. It's one of those games where you can flail at the ball and still be in the middle of something, or you can be a technician and try to get to certain modes.

2 weeks later
#7 11 years ago

Any suggestions for moving these posts from one spot to another?

My plunger has a tendency to bounce the pinball off the first post in the plunger lane causing it to bounce immediately into the right drain lane. I see the far right most post is sticking out just a bit and causing the bounce. Does this occur to anyone else?

1 year later
#8 9 years ago

I just got done messing with the outlanes on my new TSPP. I set them to what I believe to be the easiest setting. I didn't find anything in the manual but I'm thinking A is the hardest and D the easiest since that closes off the outlane the most and then set the other to 3 since that opens up the chance that the ball will drop into the sooner lane.

1411833723950.jpg1411833723950.jpg

3 months later
#9 9 years ago

I just started a thread about this same issue and someone pointed me to this thread. With your posts in the "D" setting, did you find that to be easier?

#10 9 years ago

A-3 would likely be the easiest. Most bounces off of the lane rubber will just go back into the shooter lane.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Law:

A-3 would likely be the easiest. Most bounces off of the lane rubber will just go back into the shooter lane.

Huh. My initial thought was that that diagram was right and that the easiest setting would be the one that keeps the ball out of there the most. But I think you're right now looking at it more. Especially with the '3' position being lower than the unmovable one.

Using factory defaults myself, but it's interesting to think about.

#12 9 years ago

I changed the posts to A-3 last night but have yet to play as I'm also doing an LED upgrade. I'll post again once I've put some games on it.

2 weeks later
#13 9 years ago

Bump- anyone ever try the A-3 vs. D-3 configuration? I'm curious.

#14 9 years ago

I think A-3 is easier, most go back in the shooter lane as mentioned above. However, if you take the upper post out completely(remove from A) it's even easier.

2 weeks later
#15 9 years ago

I switched to A-3 and couldn't be happier. That said, I've recently sold the pin pending pickup in a week or so but that switch was a very beneficial change for my enjoyment of the game.

#16 9 years ago

A-3 is by far the most user friendly set up on the right lane if you use both posts but as Helicopter mentioned, the most user friendly set up is if you take out the top post and leave the bottom in the 3 position.

You can nudge out of most outlane drains and hard rebounds often end up back in the shooter lane.
I think Rlerman above has the correct setting for factory.

#17 9 years ago

I wanted to set mine up harder as that right in/outlane area was too easy from the factory. I set my posts in D1 like the left picture so the ball can't get to the shooter lane. Then I removed the rubber from the post that divides the inlane and outlane. Originally I removed that post altogether; but then it was too brutal.

#18 9 years ago

I would open up both all the way and turn off EBs.

1 year later
#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

From the factory, mine came as follows:

Thanks you, this information was exactly what I was looking for. Had been noticing a disparity between the two outlanes, found my right side was factory and left was pretty much the opposite. Looks like they've been that way a long time...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 218.00
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 18.95
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-outlane-posts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.