Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

zoidbergobama_(resized).jpg
tsppvstwd_(resized).png
WD-TheGovernor-by-ADN-660x660_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

Can't make up my mind I like both theme

I am thinking TWD is newer

What do you guys think about the gameplays on them ?

Thanks

#2 8 years ago

TWD can be a little frustrating, but TSPP is way too cramped for me; Not a fan of it at all. Great rules don't always mean a great shooting game.

#3 8 years ago

Couldn't be more different. Both are great games.

#4 8 years ago

I prefer TSPP, but am not in love with either.

#5 8 years ago

TWD!!!

#6 8 years ago

I played TWD when it came out and I remember liking the way game was played but early code and did not know what I was doing

Tspp played 1 game 7 years ago and don't remember how it played

#7 8 years ago

Yeah you gotta get out there and play them...like Lermods said they are way diff'rent.

#8 8 years ago

The games on TSPP are too long, its almost LOTR territory...

Get TWD, much more addictive and hard to beat

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

TWD can be a little frustrating, but TSPP is way too cramped for me; Not a fan of it at all. Great rules don't always mean a great shooting game.

Yea I totally agree with this

#10 8 years ago

TWD is better. TSPP is my least favorite of the higher rated Stern games. Shots are just no fun.

#11 8 years ago

Me? I like them both in their own way.... but YOU decide. It's YOUR opinion that matters. Play play play. You'll get a mixed bag from this thread. But I do guarantee one thing: You will not hate either one of them! Make the call and pull the trigger! No looking back, buddy. Enjoy!

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Me? I like them both in their own way.... but YOU decide. It's YOUR opinion that matters. Play play play. You'll get a mixed bag from this thread. But I do guarantee one thing: You will not hate either one of them! Make the call and pull the trigger! No looking back, buddy. Enjoy!

I would love try them but There is nothing around here.

I have to buy them to play , nib TWD or taps comes from a guy 4 hours away

#13 8 years ago

Ah... so you live in a Pinball Wasteland like I do. Well, without knowing condition, prices, your leanings... only you can make the call.

TSPP is a classic. It really is. I own one. But it's not for everybody. But what is? Nothing.

TWD is a recent title that's taken off and done well with a loyal following. I've enjoyed the dozen or so games I've played, and it's on my list.

Bottom line IMO... It's hard for you to go wrong here. Both are great. Both hold value. (Generally. Your costs are unknown.) So, go with your gut and don't let a bunch of us old farts on Pinside make your mind up for you.

#14 8 years ago

It's all up to the player and what kind of shots you like..like others have said they're both great games so it's hard to pick. I prefer the walking dead simply because I think the shot layout on tspp takes away from the flow factor.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Ah... so you live in a Pinball Wasteland like I do. Well, without knowing condition, prices, your leanings... only you can make the call.
TSPP is a classic. It really is. I own one. But it's not for everybody. But what is? Nothing.
TWD is a recent title that's taken off and done well with a loyal following. I've enjoyed the dozen or so games I've played, and it's on my list.
Bottom line IMO... It's hard for you to go wrong here. Both are great. Both hold value. (Generally. Your costs are unknown.) So, go with your gut and don't let a bunch of us old farts on Pinside make your mind up for you.

Lollll Thanks

I did not talk about price cause it does not Mather to me tspp is huo
Mint and I don't really mind the value stuff , just looking for a keeper

#16 8 years ago

Both are great, fun games. I didn't really like Tspp for years until I watched the tutorial and more importantly read the rules a few times.

http://www.ipdb.org/rulesheets/4674/tspp-rulesheet.txt

From the rules document:

"The Simpsons Pinball Party is one of the most fun, yet most complicated,
games ever made. Playing it to have a good time doesn't require too much
effort, since there should always be something to do. Playing it
strategically takes more effort than almost every other modern pin, but it
sure is worth it."

I surely won't say TWD is bad or worse. But Tspp is a complete package down to and especially including the real voice actors custom call outs.

#17 8 years ago

WD-TheGovernor-by-ADN-660x660_(resized).jpgWD-TheGovernor-by-ADN-660x660_(resized).jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#18 8 years ago

If you like long, epic games, with complicated strategy and little flow, go TSPP.

If you like shorter ball times, more flow, shots that don't return safely, and interesting, but more shallow rules (but still highly strategic), then go TWD.

Love 'em both.

#19 8 years ago

It looks like you have mostly fast and furious games in your collection. I think TSPP would compliment them nicely. I started off the opposite with both TSPP and Ripley's, which are both fairly long ball times with a slower pace and feel. Later I felt the need to balance them out with Metallica and Iron Man and love having a mix of gameplay styles. I end up playing my newer sterns more, but it's really nice to have the option to switch things up. Bottom line is if you love your other three machines you'll have a blast with TWD. But TSPP will give you something completely different, and it's pretty much a guarantee you'll never achieve the final wizard mode. If you're in it for the long haul and don't switch up that much it's a pretty safe bet. Just don't expect to instantly click with it like your other machines, it takes a while before its greatness becomes apparent.

#21 8 years ago
#23 8 years ago

tsppvstwd_(resized).pngtsppvstwd_(resized).png

#24 8 years ago

Neither. Love both themes, not big on either implementation.

Play them, don't ask others or this is what you get

#25 8 years ago

Both great games, very hard choice you can't go wrong either way, Tspp can be very frustrating an hard when your not progressing through it, but once you open it up an see more of what the has to offer it truly is an amazing game, nothing like it but patients is king!!!

#26 8 years ago

TWD makes playing TSPP feel kind of like watching golf on TV (not a very fun thing in my view). Not even close in terms of the excitement in playing these two for me.

#27 8 years ago

Thanks guys !

#28 8 years ago

It depends imo. I have TWD and it is my favorite pin, including all recent sterns. Amazing theme, game play and code depth.

I looked at your collection and your other pins are similar to TWD in style and play. If you want more of the same, and maybe the best, go for TWD (Borg and Lyman both called it their favorite pin). OTOH if you want a change of pace from your current pins and some variety in your collection TSPP would be an excellent option. It will play much longer, more complicated as well as slower. Variety for many people is the spice of life. I just added POTC to my collection. It is the first pin in my collection that is notably different in play,.... more story line based, notably slower and even more interesting PF toys with a cool pf design. At this time I'm loving it for the change of pace and variety. It really rounds out my collection for variety and is enjoyable.

There is no right or wrong, just preferences. Enjoy and cheers.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

It depends imo. I have TWD and it is my favorite pin, including all recent sterns. Amazing theme, game play and code depth.
I looked at your collection and your other pins are similar to TWD in style and play. If you want more of the same, and maybe the best, go for TWD (Borg and Lyman both called it their favorite pin). OTOH if you want a change of pace from your current pins and some variety in your collection TSPP would be an excellent option. It will play much longer, more complicated as well as slower. Variety for many people is the spice of life. I just added POTC to my collection. It is the first pin in my collection that is notably different in play,.... more story line based, notably slower and maybe even more interesting PF toys and pf design. At this time I'm loving it for the change of pace and variety. It really rounds out my collection for variety and is enjoyable.
There is no right or wrong, just preferences. Enjoy and cheers.

Agree with that, I have both Tspp and PotC both are more stop and go, and both are well liked by guests both are fun.

Don't think you can go with either twd or tspp

#30 8 years ago

These kind of questions have no right answer, just because everybody's taste is different. What I can say is: I have had several people over that did not like TSPP. Not the theme and not the game. But after some play with some explanation what to to and what the objective of the game is, they all started to like it. One of them even bought one.

And I don't even understand the rules fully yet. I am trying to learn them step by step. TSPP is a very deep game with lots of different shots. Its filled with timers, mode stacking, multiball stacking etc.

I also had a TWD LE but I sold it. The game is very challenging and fast and you will not regret getting one as the software has gone from good to great.

So it all comes down to: are you willing to spend some time learning a game (and do you enjoy that) or are you more interested in playing fast and furious. Either way, both games are great.

#31 8 years ago

I just got a TSPP. I absolutely love it. Been wanting one since the beginning of collecting 6 years ago and I'm loving it more after owning it. Just a premium fully featured product as far as Sterns go. Thoroughly developed rules, huge number of features/mechs on the playfield, and amazing theme integration(if Simpsons is your thing).

That said, I also really enjoy TWD. As an experienced player I can safely say there is a lot to keep you coming back on TWD. It's not as feature laden as TSPP and not as pretty but the code is fun and it's satisfying as hell when you rack up the score.

Can't go wrong with either, pick what moves your soul the most.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Can't make up my mind I like both theme
I am thinking TWD is newer

You nailed it. Walking Dead IS newer.

They are both good games but I'm gonna go with Walking Dead here. I just find it more fun. TSPP always came off as a little dull to me. Great theme though and integrated a million times better than Walking Dead.

#33 8 years ago

Can't go wrong with either, but TSPP is a complete game with many cool rules. Alien Invasion and Mystery Springfield modes are a blast. Fun trying to keep hurry up shots lit and shooting upper pf during multiball to lite faces is quite satisfying. TSPP sound package is for real too.

TWD is a great game too, but I suggest TSPP to compliment (fill-in) some gaps in your collection.

#34 8 years ago

TSPP is a keeper and a perfect game for home use. I traded mine and it's the only game I regret letting go of.

In my opinion TWD is a flash in the pan with a horrible layout and with some truly lazy playfield toys. If you like the ball in the pop bumpers a lot and enjoy SDTM drains when the ball leaves them then by all means get a TWD.

TSPP is a better game, it's just not new and people tend to want the new toys.

Trust your gut.

#35 8 years ago

Feel the 'Berg.

zoidbergobama_(resized).jpgzoidbergobama_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-or-twd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.