Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-417.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I am thinking of getting a mint tspp or a met pro nib. What do u thing. Never had a nib pinball before .!!!!

#2 9 years ago

Great games. Very different. Would you prefer a long and deep game, or a simpler, more intense game that you can crank up and rock out to?

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Great games. Very different. Would you prefer a long and deep game, or a simpler, more intense game that you can crank up and rock out to?

Like he said...two totally different games. TSPP is much deeper, and gives you a more "cerebral" game where you really need to think through. Metallica...just have a blast with it!

#4 9 years ago

Simpsons is a deeper game that you will be playing for a long time before you master it.

Metallica is a fun and very fast game. Running through a few multiballs and trying to get through Crank it up modes is awesome/stressful.

I would be happy with either one.

NIB sounds excited though, I have yet to purchase my first NIB.

#5 9 years ago

I'd probably go with Metallica. The new software has really made that game.

Simpsons is a good game, but sometimes the slog can seem like a bit of a chore.

Can't go wrong with either. TSPP would seem to make more sense financially as you'll be taking that NIB price hit when you open the box.

#6 9 years ago

Between the two, my preference is TSPP. However, my TSPP sits right next to my shadow which is blindingly fast and nasty. As NorCal suggested, which game do you think would suit your collection the best?

You can always flip a coin. Many times when the disc is spinning in the air, your decision will come to you before it lands.

Best of luck to you with either one. Or as the pin-hoarder would say: "The only sensible answer is BOTH!"

#7 9 years ago

I currently own both, Super mint TSPP from one owner with less then 300 plays on it and a NIB Met Pro. I'm not a big fan of the Simpson's show at all and I love Metallica music now with that being said I give the edge to TSPP by a mile. Just an all around fun game with some great call outs.

Beside the fact mint TSPP's are a rare find these days and Met Pro's will be around for a long while.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

You can always flip a coin.

That never works well for me. I flip it, lands on heads, and I wish it was tails so I flipped it again and it landed on tails! ...but by then I wished it had landed on heads.

#9 9 years ago

Some people make it sound like TSPP isn't fast and fun as well. Sure there is some stop and go, but alll games have that to some degree. My TSPP plays super fast.

The only head to head stern against TSPP that would have my wondering is LOTR.

#10 9 years ago

I've owned both. Don't miss TSPP at all. I've had major sellers remorse on Metallica and I will be buying another one again if that says anything. No contest IMHO.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

I've had major sellers remorse on Metallica

Or waiting it out until I tire of my METLE and working a trade for IM with me.

I have a SUPER nice TSPP that I will be posting for sale this weekend, just FYI for OP or anyone else interested.

#12 9 years ago

I would go Metallica was not fond of tspp the few times I played, but likely both are fun

#13 9 years ago

image-417.jpgimage-417.jpg

#14 9 years ago

Yeah it looks like the winner is TSPP go to get a mint HUO ..thanks

#16 9 years ago

Met pro all the way, TSPP is a fine game with deep rules and unique layout but Metallica will get the heart pumping Excitement!

#17 9 years ago

TSPP is 11 years old and still regarded as one of the best pinball games ever made. Met is a fun game, but It's too early to tell if Met will stand the same test of time.

#18 9 years ago

I have friends that love TSPP and for good reason it's a well designed pin. I personally would rather have MET in the collection than TSPP. Very different pins. If you had them side by side which do you think you'd play more? That's the question I ask myself when deciding what's next.

#19 9 years ago

I am getting atspp because its mint .have two music pins tommy & gnr cq.(mint ) plus met can get at a later date . I hate cab. Art but do like road case one . should have bought a met DD pem with shaker motor it was mint for $$5500

#20 9 years ago

Just listed a super nice TSPP in the market

#21 9 years ago

Having owned both at the same time TSPP left.
I played Metallica 10 to 1 and I love the simpsons never liked metallicas music - but now its growing on me

#22 9 years ago

Sounds like I am too late to the thread, but Met pro by a mile. Met pro faster, more challenging, more exciting. TSPP very deep but also very stop and go and sometimes just feels like work to me. Take that TSPP back to the man who sold it to you.....

#24 9 years ago

Can buy met later ...there are 10 Millon's of met why is every one trying to trade st pro or le ????why,why,why ??

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from jrush2112:

Can buy met later ...there are 10 Millon's of met why is every one trying to trade st pro or le ????why,why,why ??

Your exaggerating a bit there. After every release there is initially a decent amount HUO for sale because buyers will have limited play on it before purchase and code needs improving. Although they did make too many ST LEs IMO especially at the initial price tag. Both MET and ST are fun pins granted ST does need an update. Hopefully soon for us pinball addicts out here.

#26 9 years ago

I have a smaller collection, but own both pins. With TSPP, you'll have a great game and think 'this is a keeper!', then it'll beat you down for a dozen games in a row and you'll be thinking of selling! haha... very love/hate with that pin. They show up for sale A LOT. Everyone I know with one has sold it, besides myself.

MET Pro is a very different game, so it depends on what type of play you are looking for. MET is definitely more of a crowd-pleaser, a bit easier to slap the ball around on, but can also be pretty challenging. Most of my games are stop and go, so MET is my 'fast' game. Both are great, and you can't go wrong with either. They're in the same ballpark valuewise, so maybe you can trade one for the other down the road.

#27 9 years ago

Thanks callmestteam I will have both at some point. I want nib .so maybe it will be MET PRO down the road.

#28 9 years ago

Metallica, TSPP feels like a chore to play.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That never works well for me. I flip it, lands on heads, and I wish it was tails so I flipped it again and it landed on tails! ...but by then I wished it had landed on heads.

That's what I'm saying man... If you get the answer from somewhere deep inside, despite what the randomizer tells you. You brought the answer out from inside of you to the surface of your consciousness. Go with that answer!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Springfield, MO
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 149.00
$ 45.00
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 12.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-or-met-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.