You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“TSPP”

(0 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2675 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sadler28.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Taking my collection from 2 games to 5. I have MET and JD. Love both games because of depth and modes. I'll have NGG and EBD here soon and have the budget and space for 1 more.

I love the theme of TSPP and heard it's deep. Never played it though. I like the idea of IMVE because I've heard it's fast and difficult, but I've never really gotten into superhero stuff.

Leaning IMVE for times when I only have 30 mins to play a few games. I think TSPP is long like MET when you get a game going?

Any input from folks that have played both would be greatly appreciated. Even better if you can give input as a collection of 5 machines.

#2 7 years ago

And I suck because I messed up the poll. Will try to fix that now

#3 7 years ago

Can't figure out how to edit the poll part so just advice on the games would be great

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Polar opposites--stop & go (TSPP) or really fast (IMVE). Never played IMVE, but with TSPP I was never good enough at it to explore the deep rule set. So nearly every time I played it was Otto callouts, Doh Frenzy (Doh, doh, DOH DOH DOH doh doh DOH), Comic Book Guy hurry-up music, some Daredevil bumpers, a few trips to the upper playfield, maybe Duffman and that would be about it. Ten minutes later and a pathetic score of about 25 million had me thinking I would've had more fun playing something a bit faster paced. As a fan of the Simpsons show, I wanted to like it more, but it just didn't click.
Since you already have Metallica and it can be a bit wood-choppin' (TSPP is that way too, but with more hand-holding for the Chuck E. Cheese crowd where these were routed) I'd go with IMVE.

This is my concern with having MET and TSPP in the same lineup. When I need a quick fix, I can't get that with MET unless it's a bad game on my end. Good feedback!

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You say you love modes and depth. TSPP is the clear winner if that's your criteria.
I would never buy a game I haven't played. I suggest you play them each for a few hours and decide if it's one you want to own.

My thoughts exactly. We have an amazing location about an hour away. No TSPP or IM tho

#26 7 years ago

Honestly do have the space, but the wife and kids already think I'm crazy for going from 2 to 5.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

If you can't figure out a poll then you won't be able to figure out TSPP. Go with IMVE.

Damn good point here

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Champaign shows both on their Pinball Map. Time for a road trip! http://pinballmap.com/champaign#
If you go, I suggest you contact the location or regional admin to verify the games are in working order.

Can get some good beer in Champaign that i cant get in Indy while i am there. Could talk some friends into a beer and pinball roadie. I like where your heads at

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

It's good to hear I'm not the only one with this problem. I just brought #5 home last weekend. Managed to squeeze 4 together such that the lineup of 5 only stuck out about 8-10" from where I had the previous 4.

Pretty sure my wife is worried 5 machines will turn into 10. This damn hobby is awesome

#41 7 years ago

Definitely leaning IM. Sounds like it gives me the fast yet fulfilling play I'm looking for. Need to play both of them to make sure.

Thank you all for the feedback!

#44 7 years ago

So I watched the PAPA tutorial on youtube for both games. Seems like you can get rolling in a game of IM a lot more quickly than TSPP. The excitement of the game started much earlier in the IM video. Plus you could hear the excitement in his voice as modes were building and stacking with IM.

He got 2 good games of IM finished in a 20 min video. TSPP video was 45 minutes and don't have the patience to watch the whole video.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 45.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 24.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sadler28.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-or-imve?tu=sadler28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.